Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? (17428 Views)

8 Ways To Discard Stubborn Toasters / Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? / 8 Ways Ladies Treat Their Toasters Harshly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by woye77: 9:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
Who Do 9ja Girls Feel It Is Cool To Pour Verbal Insult On Men Who 'Toasts' Them?

I'm sure some other guys must be wondering about this too - ladies in civilised societies don't do that so why are our girls fond of this? is something to do with our culture?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by tngtech(m): 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2010
@poster

are you a victim?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by mamagee3(f): 1:36am On Jan 12, 2010
tngtech:

@poster

are you a victim?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 1:37am On Jan 12, 2010
woye77:

i'm sure some other guys must be wondering about this too - ladies in civilised societies don't do that so why are our girls fond of this? is something to do with our culture?
you are right. I too would like to know.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 1:39am On Jan 12, 2010
maybe because u did not match the taste of the girl. If the girl wanted to do she would not pour insults.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 12, 2010
woye77:

i'm sure some other guys must be wondering about this too - ladies in civilised societies don't do that so why are our girls fond of this? is something to do with our culture?

Men in civilized societies will not see you passing the street and think it's right to stalk the lady.
They will not wait dedicatedly by their windows expecting you to pass so that they can toast you because men in civilized societies have jobs to do.
I hope that answers your question.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:52am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

Men in civilized societies will not see you passing the street and think it's right to stalk the lady.
They will not wait dedicatedly by their windows expecting you to pass so that they can toast you because men in civilized societies have jobs to do.
I hope that answers your question.

that happened to me in naija too, had to curse a lot of people out. well not "curse" them out but tell them like it is.
really f***ing annoying!
angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 12, 2010
If she really likes you she'd have poured acid instead.

Like seriously, disrespecting a girl is not toasting undecided

THE AMAKA:

[color=#ff1199]that happened to me in naija too, had to curse a lot of people out. well not "curse" them out but tell them like it is.
really f***ing annoying! angry
grin grin grin grin

Naija is another thing. That one na harassment. [/color]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by A40(m): 1:57am On Jan 12, 2010
Its a pure lack of etiquette and manners grin cheesy. Toasting is our right! Whether you accept or refuse is up to y'all but be gracious about it. Some of them would rather act like skeezers just to prove their point
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 1:58am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

maybe because u did not match the taste of the girl. If the girl wanted to do she would not pour insults.
grin  grin
That would only lead me to conclude that the girl is razz.  There are affable ways to reject someone.  Rudeness of that sort is a trait of a mannerless bush girl.  I hope the bobo's approach wasn't brash or perversive though.  Some pick up lines deserve immediate hot slaps.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 12, 2010
THE AMAKA:

that happened to me in naija too, had to curse a lot of people out. well not "curse" them out but tell them like it is.
really f***ing annoying!
 angry

I know of a guy who has been [i]pursuing [/i]me since I was 13. Till I left naija, the dude did not give up. Sometimes he called me all sort of names, but another time he'd be blowing kisses and inviting me to his house. His brother too was doing the same thing. Always tried to grab my hands on the streets. The mumu told me he had his bed ready that I should come to his house.

Then woye wants to put civilized with naija men? Shiooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 2:05am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

I know of a guy who has been [i]pursuing [/i]me since I was 13. Till I left naija, the dude did not give up. Sometimes he called me all sort of names, but another time he'd be blowing kisses and inviting me to his house. His brother too was doing the same thing. Always tried to grab my hands on the streets. The mumu told me he had his bed ready that I should come to his house.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:08am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

GIRL!! tell me about it. I don't know where their hands have been.   angry angry angry
not tryna exaggerate but if i were to estimate i would say this has happened to me in naija at least 15 times. sooooo annoying. in my grandpa's store, silly foolish customers, in church, walking down the street, at Oghu festivals, ITS CRAZY!!! gosh.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by A40(m): 2:11am On Jan 12, 2010
LWKMF grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 2:14am On Jan 12, 2010
angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 2:19am On Jan 12, 2010
Its a pure lack of etiquette and manners Grin Cheesy. Toasting is our right! Whether you accept or refuse is up to y'all but be gracious about it. Some of them would rather act like skeezers just to prove their point

This reminds e of a lyric to apopular lagbaja song: "Na my right to ask you, and its yout right to refuse." It makes sense though the girls should just say no- however, Nigerian men dont take no for an answer. Women from civilized countries deal with men from civilized countries. Nigerian women deal with nigerian men. You have to adjust.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 2:20am On Jan 12, 2010
Unwanted touching and grabbing of females out in the Nigerian market-place doing their shopping is still too widespread in Nigerian society today. Some of these Nigerian men bring it over with them to UK or USA as Kate Ukezue and Elizabeth Nwankwo recounted in their articles about Nigerian men. These Nigerian men are taking a big risk and could end up in police handcuffs.

From a blog I was reading grin

Some Nigerian men make the mistaken assumption that if they are on friendly terms with a woman it is ok to touch her body – I have had this happen to me and I think it is very wrong. Nigerian men should understand that by behaving this way, they are taking the risk of being reported to the police and getting arrested.

It is also true that some Nigerian men come on too strong – persistently hitting on a girl that has rejected him ten times already and still trying to chat her up. Maybe it’s time to leave the poor girl alone?

never, never quit,
Winston Churchill
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 12, 2010
THE AMAKA:

GIRL!! tell me about it. I don't know where their hands have been.   angry angry angry
not tryna exaggerate but if i were to estimate i would say this has happened to me in naija at least 15 times. sooooo annoying. in my grandpa's store, silly foolish customers, in church, walking down the street, at Oghu festivals, ITS CRAZY!!! gosh.

I think the high unemployment rate of young men in the country is a defining factor here. Because no jobless man will be this crass and unrefined. Nevertheless most of the ones that have jobs have zero manner of approach. If you want to be approached properly look for rich guys alone. grin tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 2:25am On Jan 12, 2010
^Golddigger undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:26am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

I think the high unemployment rate of young men in the country is a defining factor here. Because no jobless man will be this crass and unrefined. Nevertheless most of the ones that have jobs have zero manner of approach. If you want to be approached properly look for rich guys alone. grin tongue
hahahahahahaha. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

^Golddigger undecided

E pain you? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 2:29am On Jan 12, 2010
E pain you?

LOL, no sweetheart, I just feel sad for you undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 12, 2010
ok.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by chiogo(f): 2:40am On Jan 12, 2010
LOL, @ poster, you sef leave them alone.

Sheesh, I remember back in naija this dude would be stalking my sister and she'd be wary of going out, he even found out where we lived. shocked And on top of that, the fool was mad old grin grin My sister was a minor then.

And I remember this 30-something yr old man that used to bother me, OMG! I was only 10 oo grin grin
Good thing he didn't know my name, he kept calling me 'obioma', LMCAO!! Obioma coo Chioma nee.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 2:42am On Jan 12, 2010
And I remember this 30-something yr old man that used to bother me, OMG! I was only 10 oo Grin Grin
Good thing he didn't know my name, he kept calling me 'obioma', LMCAO!! Obioma coo Chioma nee.

cry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by 0hsisi: 2:43am On Jan 12, 2010
chiogo:

LOL, @ poster, you sef leave them alone.

Sheesh, I remember back in naija this dude would be stalking my sister and she'd be wary of going out, he even found out where we lived. shocked And on top of that, the fool was mad old grin grin My sister was a minor then.

And I remember this 30-something yr old man that used to bother me, OMG! I was only 10 oo grin grin

The one that irritated the daylights out of me were these pervs calling me "my wife"
If only eyes could kill
I rolled my eyes at them and gave them a much deserved *waka*
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 12, 2010
0hsisi:

The one that irritated the daylights out of me were these pervs calling me "my wife"
If only eyes could kill

last time I heard that, I was like 6. . . . .by a Mallam in Lagos.
Dude was nice though. . . . free agbalumo.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by chiogo(f): 2:46am On Jan 12, 2010
0hsisi:

If only eyes could kill
LOL na so they like to claim people.
They deserve the disrespect they get, haba.

And they will never keep their hands to themselves.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 2:46am On Jan 12, 2010

Dude was nice though. .  . . free agbalumo.

Kai u are that cheap
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:46am On Jan 12, 2010
0hsisi:

If only eyes could kill
LMFAO!!! you gave the waka too? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
i did that so many times too. it used to irritate the hell out of me when they would say "my wife" or something. i can't even explain it but it was soooooo annoying. UGH! i hated it.
 angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by 0hsisi: 2:48am On Jan 12, 2010
FL Gators:

Dude was nice though. . . . free agbalumo.

lucky you

There are a lot of perverts in Nigeria
and the men will stalk you and deal with you sometimes when you turn down their advances
There are many stories of girls who did not graduate till they put out.
Sick  vindictive men full Naija
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

Kai u are that cheap
rotfl. . . . .sharaap  grin
At that time, I didnt even know what he was doing.
All I know is that I get free agbalumos.

0hsisi:

lucky you

There are a lot of perverts in Nigeria
and the men will stalk you and deal with you sometimes when you turn down their advances
There are many stories of girls who did not graduate till they put out.
Sick  vindictive men full Naija

Very true. Sweet one second, you turn them down, the devil comes out.
Seriously, Naija men need to learn to take "No" respectively.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

She Came To Do Her Assignment And You Met Her Like This / Pictures Of The Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria - Silverbird MBGN 2012 Contest / The New Trend Of Girls In Calabar (must See)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.