Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,503 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:43 PM

UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo (39304 Views)

How UNIMAID Student ‘tricked Boko Haram To Escape Abduction’ / Female Suicide Bomber In Hijab Apprehended Near UNIMAID In Borno. Photos / Borno Dwarf Security Guard Who Is Paid N5000 Per Suicide Bomb Attack Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by dainformant(m): 11:54am On May 14, 2017
A two-time suicide bomb interceptor and survivor in the University of Maiduguri UNIMAID, has narrated his experience. The 24-year-old security guard, Joseph Joshua, who foiled the suicide attack that occurred in the University of Maiduguri yesterday - was among those who intercepted Boko Haram suicide bombers the last time they attempted to infiltrate the university premises two months ago.

He narrated to Yerwa Express that the three suicide bombers which struck yesterday -came in two batches.

The first was a little girl who walked unusually too fast. He said the aim was to mislead them so that when they 'go after her, the rest could sneak in and head to their target'.

'Considering the place and time, this was strange and so I lit my torch at her direction. I asked her to stop but she ignored it', he said, adding that, 'unknown to me, she was carrying a bomb'. 'I took to her direction when I discovered she was not alone. I overheard my colleague also talking to someone: ''who is that? Stop there'', I turned back to see who when a ground-shattering sound went off'.

'It was deafening that I can't tell where--whether it was close or far. It was an enduring sound all over the place. 'The two men, both wearing blue kaftan, detonated the explosive devices they were carrying at the spot, within seconds, killing them all including my colleague who tried to stop them'.

'By the time the first went off, the girl also detonated her own killing herself'. 'My luck was that I was not very close to her, otherwise I would have also been killed or injured'.

'My hearing has not been okay since the time because of the loud sound',
Joseph added.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/meet-unimaid-security-guard-who-has.html

8 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by dainformant(m): 11:55am On May 14, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by HungerBAD: 11:56am On May 14, 2017
While i do commend his efforts.

Whoever put him out here like this,has just placed a target sign on his back.

At 24, Joshua has a lot to live for. About time he resigns from the job,and get far away from Maiduguri.

Life first.

295 Likes 15 Shares

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by ekensi01: 11:58am On May 14, 2017
Send the man to Sambisa he can be of a great help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by shigopd111(m): 11:59am On May 14, 2017
Good. He's security conscious

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by Nutase: 12:01pm On May 14, 2017
It's dumb to expose him like this. You have just declared a fatwa on the poor man. cry

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by dainformant(m): 12:03pm On May 14, 2017
what do u mean by exposing him? he is a SECURITY GUARD at the institution for crying out loud and everyone knows about it even the bad people ... he is already exposed whether u believe it or not
Nutase:
It's dumb to expose him like this. You have just declared a fatwa on the poor man. cry

5 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by Nutase: 12:05pm On May 14, 2017
dainformant:
what do u mean by exposing him? he is a security guard at the institution for crying out loud and everyone knows about it... he is already exposed whether u believe it or not
okay. Wish him many more interceptions.

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by Edygrin(m): 12:08pm On May 14, 2017
For his security, this is a bad publication

31 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by Ajibel(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
okay. Wish him many more interceptions.

Lmao! That's not a fair wish naa grin
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by pyyxxaro: 12:18pm On May 14, 2017
He needs an award cool

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by decatalyst(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2017
shigopd111:
Good. He's security conscious

He is a man well alert to his duties and responsibilities.

Thumbs up for him.

But the media isn't smart about exposing his name and face to the world. Most of our journalist are quacks like some doctors and nurses!

3 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by dexentity: 1:29pm On May 14, 2017
A governor stole, his identity was concealed. An innocent security man doing a risky job, they did not deem it fit to protect his identity. Where is the sense. Or na him want the five minutes fame.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by LastProphet: 2:26pm On May 14, 2017
religion of piss! any muslim with up ro a chicken brain should be ashamed of their cult since i cant even call it a religion

4 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by madridguy(m): 2:34pm On May 14, 2017
Publishing his name and image is very bad. May God protect him.
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by Hadone(m): 3:43pm On May 14, 2017
What a story!! And if care is not taken you can mistakenly find this thread chilling on the front page despite not containing anything worth showing. The young guy as a security agent did NOTHING beyond asking the bomber to stop, and this is what every security agent is expected to do. The deceased was even the one who showed more courage by going very close to stop them, an effort which cost him his dear life. Joshua try to be a hero next time to earn my blessings, but for now to me you haven't done anything worth celebrating. Your deceased colleague was the one who foiled the attack NOT you, after doing the great job you then came out from where you hide trying to convince us that you foiled the attack. For where?
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by Hadone(m): 4:34pm On May 14, 2017
pyyxxaro:
He needs an award cool
Agreed he needs an award but the fact still remain that he doesn't deserves any award
NwamaziNwaAro:

Trust me..he will die the third time.

Insha Allah.
And this criminal is pretending to be Muslim by saying insha Allah, but he's Bokoharam NOT Muslim
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by brunofarad(m): 5:15pm On May 14, 2017
Bros use ur head oooo

Do ur job and be safe
This country wey you see so ,no send you ooo

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by Ezedon(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2017
He better leave Maiduguri because he may not be lucky the third time
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by mmb(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2017
Arsenal's chances of missing out of the champions league next season is extremely high.

Arsenal what have you done?

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 14, 2017

Insha Allah.
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by agabaI23(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2017
HungerBAD:

At 24, Joshua has a lot to live for. About time he resigns from the job,and get far away from Maiduguri.

Life first.
I agree with you.
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by niceguy7(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2017
These guys are trying, God will continue to be with them and stir up their knowledge...
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by iluvpomo(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:

Insha Allah.
You tried so hard to troll ... yet it was an epic fail grin
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by Burgerlomo: 5:19pm On May 14, 2017
Nutase:

You're absolutely right, very dumb indeed.

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by LordMecuzy(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2017
Strong Guy cool
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by RealDannie(m): 5:22pm On May 14, 2017
Oshey! Eyan interceptor grin

Carik abeg...

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by iluvpomo(m): 5:23pm On May 14, 2017
ekensi01:
Send the man to Sambisa he can be of a great help.
what an silly thing to say ... we should perhaps drop you there ??
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by onatisi(m): 5:23pm On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
fg may soon descend down hard on the social media in nigeria. In order to regulate information been passed out
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by SweetJoystick(m): 5:23pm On May 14, 2017
This isn't good. Why reveal his face? Make them come target am abi?
Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by cybriz82(m): 5:25pm On May 14, 2017
HungerBAD:

Life first.

M tellin u my brother..like i said b4 naija will never learn...d guy is evn in maiduguri headquater of bokoharam n yet dey xpose him like dis.

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Security Guard Intercepts Suicide Bombers Twice. Photo by tutudesz: 5:25pm On May 14, 2017
They should give him an Honorary Doctorate Degree! for saving countless lives of student.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu In EFCC Custody / 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Reveals Where Buhari’s Successor Should Come From / Kaduna Train Attack: How Corpses Of Co-passengers Saved Me – Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.