Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Choosing A Life Partner. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Choosing A Life Partner. (51432 Views)

What Are Your Top 3 Criteria When Looking For A Potential Life Partner? / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: Choosing A Girl. / See Ten (10) Things To Check While Choosing A Husband In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Seunpaul01(m): 10:27pm On May 15, 2017
Seriously, please op, when is it your job to tell me what to look in a partner.
It's my partner, my choice, I know what I want and cherish in anyone I would choose as a partner.
You should indicate opinion in the topic cos we all have different choices.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by jesus500(m): 10:28pm On May 15, 2017
chibabe259:
Working dick should be added.
You and dick is like 5 &6.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by sotall(m): 10:28pm On May 15, 2017
ok
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by naijafengist: 10:31pm On May 15, 2017
It is only by the grace of God you can choose a good partner because the kin of ladies we have these days is ....... See photos of how French Montana touched Amber Rose's Butt http://www.updatesflow.tk/2017/05/that-moment-french-montana-touched.html
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:31pm On May 15, 2017
Mtchewwwwwww!!
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Believe7(m): 10:32pm On May 15, 2017
marriage is an institution...u dont jst go into marriage without knowing some key principles behind successful marriages...

marriage is not sustain by love only, rather it is sustained by love nd knowledge..

6 Likes

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by madridguy(m): 10:32pm On May 15, 2017
Good writeup.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by KKKWHITE(m): 10:34pm On May 15, 2017
Girls will choose No 2 because they love money more than themselves
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by tsmart360(m): 10:34pm On May 15, 2017
chibabe259:
Working dick should be added.
you and WORKING DICK..
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Nickymezor(f): 10:36pm On May 15, 2017
cool
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by pxjosh(m): 10:36pm On May 15, 2017
So I had a conversation with this girl yesterday.. one thing led to another I asked her which country messi was from..she said Spain.. I was like wtf I gave her one more try to guess again she just said Australia. I give up.

6 Likes

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by number5(m): 10:37pm On May 15, 2017
Op u forgot one grin grin angry

She must like football grin cheesy cheesy

Well, for me anyway..

I cant Imagin me gisting with friends abt football den my wify comes in and is like "who scored the loosing goal"? cry

2 Likes

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by pxjosh(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2017
number5:
Op u forgot one grin grin angry

She must like football grin cheesy cheesy

Well, for me anyway..

I cant Imagin me gisting with friends abt football den my wify comes in and is like "who scored the loosing goal"? cry

1 Like

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by cr7rooney10(m): 10:44pm On May 15, 2017
That no 1gangan

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by BrutusOj(m): 10:45pm On May 15, 2017
Capableben:
Choosing a life partner:

There are no laid down rules, formulae or principles for choosing a perfect life partner anywhere. Most times the choices are influenced by the peoples background, taste and religion.

Today i bring you some points that will go a long way in helping you choose a life partner, these may not work for everybody but will surely work for most people.

1. Values Compatibility:
Every normal human should have a set of values to lead his life everyday, there are things, activities or lifestyle that you value. Before you choose a life partner, you should be sure your values don't contrast but are compatible.

2. Steady source of income:
Marriage isn't for boys/girls; it is strictly for men/women that have a sense of responsibility. You don't wanna get married and have your parents still feeding you, hence, there should be a steady source of income first before taking a life partner.

3. Social Compatibility:
I keep telling my friends that my future wife will be my best friend as soon as we get married. She will be beside me anywhere i go and asides being my confidant, she will be my gossip mate. All these can only be possible if you two are socially compatible.
Imagine telling your partner that Donald Trump, the President of America has
shut his boarders against foreigners and she/he be like, "Has George Bush been changed?”. Social compatibility matters alot.

4.Spiritual compatibility:
Take a partner that will complement your spiritual life and not one that will undermine your efforts of spiritual growth.

5. Physical Compatibility:
How do you like your partner? Hourglass shape? Masculine with abs? Tall or short? Huge or petit? Go for what you want, because to each, his own. Don't make a choice today and say " this isn't what i bargained for” tomorrow. Physical compatibility matters.

6. Don't Limit Your possible Choices:
Some people for one silly reason or the other have sworn that that they can never marry outside their tribe, country or race. Thing is we are all human and some of us have our destinies tied outside our tribes,countries and races.
Do away with the eyes of a tribalist or racist when choosing a partner, love is the ultimate and paramount reason.

Noteworthy is also the fact that people nowadays choose partners based on the size of their pockets. This is utterly an act of blindness because love is irreplaceable no matter the opulence.

Source:
http://ogabenji..com.ng/2017/05/choosing-life-partner.html?m=1#more
One compatibility is missing. Traditional/Cultural compatibility. I think it cancel the last point on your list. If you marry a lady whose cultural background and traditional beliefs are different from yours, there will be trouble. As a Benue man(idoma from Ogbadibo) our tradition doesn't permit a married woman to allow another man to have any form of sexual contact with her, if she does and the hubby is aware and keep mute,eats from her pot, he( hubby) is in trouble, while a Plateau, Nasarawa, Niger man can over look it and nothing will happen to him nor the wife.

3 Likes

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by chynie: 10:47pm On May 15, 2017
olanreyman:
GOD help we the guys... I don't know what kind of ladies we have nowadays . They keep on proving that their only usefulness is fucking
Everybody fucking
U that your thing may not be working sef
Leave girls and work on your self
The article is about both sides joor tongue

2 Likes

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by femi4: 10:48pm On May 15, 2017
Bumbae1:
Number 2 make sense
you and Money
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by CzarChris(m): 10:49pm On May 15, 2017
Capableben:
Choosing a life partner:

There are no laid down rules, formulae or principles for choosing a perfect life partner anywhere. Most times the choices are influenced by the peoples background, taste and religion.

Today i bring you some points that will go a long way in helping you choose a life partner, these may not work for everybody but will surely work for most people.

1. Values Compatibility:
Every normal human should have a set of values to lead his life everyday, there are things, activities or lifestyle that you value. Before you choose a life partner, you should be sure your values don't contrast but are compatible.

2. Steady source of income:
Marriage isn't for boys/girls; it is strictly for men/women that have a sense of responsibility. You don't wanna get married and have your parents still feeding you, hence, there should be a steady source of income first before taking a life partner.

3. Social Compatibility:
I keep telling my friends that my future wife will be my best friend as soon as we get married. She will be beside me anywhere i go and asides being my confidant, she will be my gossip mate. All these can only be possible if you two are socially compatible.
Imagine telling your partner that Donald Trump, the President of America has
shut his boarders against foreigners and she/he be like, "Has George Bush been changed?”. Social compatibility matters alot.

4.Spiritual compatibility:
Take a partner that will complement your spiritual life and not one that will undermine your efforts of spiritual growth.

5. Physical Compatibility:
How do you like your partner? Hourglass shape? Masculine with abs? Tall or short? Huge or petit? Go for what you want, because to each, his own. Don't make a choice today and say " this isn't what i bargained for” tomorrow. Physical compatibility matters.

6. Don't Limit Your possible Choices:
Some people for one silly reason or the other have sworn that that they can never marry outside their tribe, country or race. Thing is we are all human and some of us have our destinies tied outside our tribes,countries and races.
Do away with the eyes of a tribalist or racist when choosing a partner, love is the ultimate and paramount reason.

Noteworthy is also the fact that people nowadays choose partners based on the size of their pockets. This is utterly an act of blindness because love is irreplaceable no matter the opulence.

Source:
http://ogabenji..com.ng/2017/05/choosing-life-partner.html?m=1#more
At that point in my life right now, I have this amazingly brilliant sweet angel I'm planning on proposing to next month(vivalavida if you leak this secret I will personally shoot you bro. grin grin grin ) We have practically everything in common, it's just that I am not the religious type and she is a devote Catholic (the strong one). That spiritual compatibility part gives me the chills man.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by davibid: 10:50pm On May 15, 2017
No. 5
Is the reason why I advise my friends, brothers & even my enemies whoever you are to always use 'doncom' when having intimacy because when pregnancy comes 95% of guys will end up with person they don't even imagine to spend the rest of all life with.

Pregnancy don't know whether it was casual or serious dating

Be wise and avoid regrets

Gold circle is only #100

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by ifeanyimartins(m): 10:51pm On May 15, 2017
Bumbae1:
Number 2 make sense

only to you and the likes of you
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Nackzy: 10:53pm On May 15, 2017
OP nice one... But remember Like poles Repels....Unlike poles attracts...in essence you can Never meet that perfect person... The person must be Educa4ted...Beautiful... Smart... Caring... Sexy...Respectful...faithful... Etc

1 Like

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 15, 2017
Good points.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by CzarChris(m): 11:00pm On May 15, 2017
ifeanyimartins:

only to you and the likes of you
Dude, calm down nah, shuuu! Are you planning to get married without a steady source of income? That's an invitation to strong poverty, as in very, very strong poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Lexusgs430: 11:02pm On May 15, 2017
According the recent threads on nairaland - - - - - - Are both of us sexually on the same level?

Bobo or Baby wants the climb mountain every hour, is the other party capable?
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Habeyy(m): 11:02pm On May 15, 2017
To sum up what d op write....its like saying am looking for sexy,religious,buttylicious ,God fearing,educated,nice job,rich family mad ass curve,good accent ,good voice,knows d bible fro head,can twerk ,can speak in tongue ...guys stop fooling ursef,,,quote me if am wrong...dere is nothing like complete package on earth,what d op wrote was d bane of our thought while still an undergraduate ...no single girl will ever have what u wrote,marriage has little or nothing to d with ur write up (ask true christians) will I live my wife that has 95 % good modest and better character because she no get yansh,or because she 's a little bit over my shoulders. ...all this are d trait u look for in a girl fend and not in a wife. ..I pray when u get dere you will know how to cross the river...when it comes to wife issues,...u choose base on ur need more than ur want...peace out

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Funjosh(m): 11:07pm On May 15, 2017
Genotype and Blood group very important. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by danchuzzy(m): 11:09pm On May 15, 2017
@OP you didn't mention intellectual compatibility...

1 Like

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by kinibigdeal(m): 11:15pm On May 15, 2017
You can only find a good partner in deeper life
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by NaijaBlend: 11:17pm On May 15, 2017
50 years ago, there were no books, no tutorials, no lectures, tips about marriage yet marriages lasted with love and happiness. Today, we have all sorts of guidelines, tips, tutorials, counselling before and after marriage, yet marriages are crashing like the Nigeria economy under some people!

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Guy Professes His Love For 12-Year-Old Girlfriend With A Kiss / Uber And Bolt Drivers Are Harassing My Girlfriend / Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend Who Bullied Her Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.