Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad (12268 Views)

What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba / What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by ThisTrend(f): 6:50am On May 15, 2017
1. Contact the Country Embassy where the University is Located. Ask them relevant questions. At times, the embassy may request for an official letter for that purpose and a little amount of cash. Make the payment, its for your good.

2. Consult The Ministry of Education. At times school may be accredited in her country but unfit for Nigeria education standard. Mary Abacha university in Nigeria a typical example, this might also cost you a little amount. Do it. It is advisable.

3. Ensure the Institution Program is Accredited by Relevant Authority where the School is Located. Make the use of her website to check on agency responsible for validating school programs. e.g in the Germany FIBAA is the only responsible agent to validate business course.

Lastly, make sure your document are valid i.e WAEC, passport and other traveling document are intact and free of fraud. This might be an obstacle for you to proceed into NYSC after you complete your degree if there is a little suspect of fraud.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/05/things-to-do-before-going-to-you-study.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Fynestboi, dominique, olawalebabs, Fynestboi, Richiez

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Benjom(m): 6:54am On May 15, 2017
Good advice.
Those concerned should take note.

In need of the best CV writer in Nigeria? Let's help you. Check some samples here:
www..com

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Nobody: 7:14am On May 15, 2017
There is God ooooo!!!
In the land of suffering and hardship, you are bringing topic about studying abroad this early Monday morning when 85.9% of Nairalanders (don't ask me how I got this statistic grin) don't even know where their morning meal will come from.

No be person wey chop belle full go study abroad

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Crauxx(m): 7:14am On May 15, 2017
Smoke enough oshogbo weed grin
It may be the last one you have in a while.

Also, prepare well financially. The worst thing is to be stranded on a foreign country. It is very not favourable.

1 Like

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Alisegun(m): 7:14am On May 15, 2017
Good Advice
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Sharon6(f): 7:15am On May 15, 2017
Educative.... Thanks for sharing!

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT! CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 7:16am On May 15, 2017
Nice advice but do I need that also for like Ghana and Benin Rep cool
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Welcomme: 7:17am On May 15, 2017
Op, u meant Maryam Abacha? Cuz I have never heard of Mary Abacha ooo.....
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by jtjohn(m): 7:17am On May 15, 2017
Thanks..
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by orobs93(m): 7:18am On May 15, 2017
ThisTrend:

1. Contact the Country Embassy where the University is Located. Ask them relevant questions. At times, the embassy may request for an official letter for that purpose and a little amount of cash. Make the payment, its for your good.

2. Consult The Ministry of Education. At times school may be accredited in her country but unfit for Nigeria education standard. Mary Abacha university in Nigeria a typical example, this might also cost you a little amount. Do it. It is advisable.

3. Ensure the Institution Program is Accredited by Relevant Authority where the School is Located. Make the use of her website to check on agency responsible for validating school programs. e.g in the Germany FIBAA is the only responsible agent to validate business course.

Lastly, make sure your document are valid i.e WAEC, passport and other traveling document are intact and free of fraud. This might be an obstacle for you to proceed into NYSC after you complete your degree if there is a little suspect of fraud.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/05/things-to-do-before-going-to-you-study.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Fynestboi, dominique, olawalebabs, Fynestboi, Richiez

Please I need information on graduate certificate programme/post graduate diploma, USA or canada
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by aumeehn: 7:18am On May 15, 2017
Buy like 1 Bible of SK Smoke half the bible alone, Buy fresh pami drink 2 liters, Kilishi chop like 10k own, Eat anything you know you might not get over there, whenever your tank is full Roll a jumbo size Sk as in merge like 3 to 4 rizla to make fat and long! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by MrTrump: 7:18am On May 15, 2017
ok
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Respect55(m): 7:18am On May 15, 2017
Breaks my heart when people put together pure rubbish in the name of English. Op, why not edit your topic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by otabuko(m): 7:20am On May 15, 2017
Okay. Just have loads of money to sustain yourself there.
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Nobody: 7:23am On May 15, 2017
MARY ABACHA
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Ekpekus(m): 7:26am On May 15, 2017
Ensure you have like 30 billion for the akkant o
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Mznaett: 7:36am On May 15, 2017
Respect55:
Breaks my heart when people put together pure rubbish in the name of English. Op, why not edit your topic?

Easy please.

That was an oversight sir.

1 Like

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Swiftlee(m): 7:37am On May 15, 2017
Very important! Also make sure you keep clean! Don't do drugs or take any banned substance to avoid getting deported. Also make sure you treat yourself of all this small small communicable diseases.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by wellmax(m): 7:44am On May 15, 2017
ThisTrend:

[

Maryam Abacha University is in Niger Republic. Typo i guess.
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Nobody: 7:51am On May 15, 2017
Nice piece
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by kenoz(m): 7:58am On May 15, 2017
Nice piece op
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Gudfrie(m): 8:06am On May 15, 2017
Respect55:
Breaks my heart when people put together pure rubbish in the name of English. Op, why not edit your topic.
Don't you make mistakes?
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by buffalowings4: 8:17am On May 15, 2017
Mznaett:

Easy please.

That was an oversight sir.

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Nobody: 8:19am On May 15, 2017
ThisTrend:

Mtcheww abroad things don dey dull me hare. After all my efforts to apply for a scholarship for masters level.

Disappointed**

I'd like to visit or work there though one day, but definitely on educational basis.
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Nobody: 8:34am On May 15, 2017
Also, please know the laws for international students in whatever country you're going to in order to avoid being deported. For example, in some countries such as Canada, international students are allowed to work as many hours as they want to as long as it doesn't compromise their studies. A lot of international students understandably want to work so this is really important but other countries either don't allow any work or only allow a limited amount of hours for a student during term
For example, the UK only allows 20 hours per week of work for international students.
The reason I'm saying this is that I've seen and heard of too many students being deported for issues concerning working over the allowed 20 hours a week. They will find you so don't bother. Consider the expensive price of tuition, it's a lot of money to be wasted
Good luck to anyone wanting to travel!

3 Likes

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by Only1mi(f): 9:31am On May 15, 2017
You also need to consider your chances of settling in that country (if that's what you want to do) after school, it's more favourable in some countries.
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by withoutborders: 10:36am On May 15, 2017
Another very important one is that you'll need to decide the kind of person you want to be before you board the plane, bus, or whatever your mode of transportation is. PLEASEEEEE!!!!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH

Particularly for someone who has not really tasted freedom (i.e. someone who has just concluded secondary education). Studying abroad brings you a kind of freedom that can bring you to indulging yourself in the wrong things. Trust me when I say your parents are not enough to keep you in check, because except they are willing to move abroad permanently to monitor you, you can lie about a looooooooooootttttt.

Create an image of who you want to be when you are done receiving that education e.g I want to have a first class degree, so that I can work as a petroleum engineer in a top Oil company. I want to be an eligible spinster etc. These are sort of like your end goals, and so in everything you do, you will have those goals to keep your actions in check e.g when you want to attend every event in a 10 day Uni rave and you think about how you want to get a first class degree to secure you your dream job in that oil company, you'll definitely be changing your mind.

Something else you need remember is that you are the author of your own path, so do not let anyone sell you any false dreams that could then alter who you want to be. For example; if the main reason you want to work in that oil company is to be super rich, don't let anyone rope you into believing that you can make those millions through quick and illegal means.

1 Like

Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by iamabundance(m): 10:36am On May 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by madeofhuman(m): 11:33am On May 15, 2017
Also note the work-study policy of the country. Most students seeking to study abroad hope on earning income by working while studying. Make sure the country allows that as some countries do not, while those that do have a maximum number of hours you can work per week, which may not cover what you need, as well as other clauses.
Re: Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad by madjune(m): 11:45am On May 15, 2017
Make sure you can pay $2 000 dollars monthly as school fees.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME / How To Improve Your Memory / Tuition Free Universities In Germany:cost Of Living, Admission Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.