Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,473 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. (1412 Views)

Residents Flee Town Of Ifeanyi Ejiofor In Oraifite After Policemen’s Death / IPOB Press Release On Invasion Of Ifeanyi Ejiofor's House In Anambra / Photos Of Ifeanyi Ikwecheghi And His Army Bodyguards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Masterclass32: 10:08am On May 15, 2017
Apex Igbo socio-cultural
organization, the Ohanaeze
Ndigbo on Sunday demanded the
immediate release of Mr. Ifeanyi
Ubah, the Managing Director of
Capital Oil.

Ubah, who was picked up some
days ago by the Department of
State Services, DSS, has remained
in detention.

In a press statement issued by the
Secretary General of the Ohanaeze
Youth Council, OYC, Mazi Okwu
Nnabuike he described the oil
mogul’s arrest as a continuation
of endless persecution of Ndigbo by the present administration.

While calling on the DSS to
immediately free Ubah, he decried
a situation where security
operatives would arrest and
detain a Nigerian before
commencing investigation.

“We yet again condemn this
endless clamp down on Igbo sons
and daughters by federal
government agencies.

“It has now become a tradition
that no week passes by without
either the EFCC or the DSS coming
after an Igbo son or daughter.

“It is a sad commentary
considering that these persons are
always detained for a prolonged
period than permitted by law. We
condemn a situation where people
are detained before investigations are carried out on the issues
leading to their arrest.

“To this end, we demand the
immediate release of Chief Ifeanyi
Ubah. If the DSS is sure he has
committed any offence he should
be charged to a court of
competent jurisdiction.

“We say enough to the
persecution of Ndigbo in this
country. This idea of silencing
every opposing voice will not
augur well for our democracy”,
the youths said.

The OYC also in the statement
saluted the Deputy Senate
President, Chief Ike Ekweremadu
on his 55th birthday, describing
him as a good ambassador of
Ndigbo.

According to them “he has
demonstrated a capacity as a
political leader who has refused to
sacrifice the interest of Ndigbo on
the altar of personal gains.

“Chief Ekweremadu has remained
one of the few voices that have
refused to be silenced but had
continued to champion the
interest of Ndigbo.

“We salute him and assure him of
our continuous support to him; the
entire Igbo youths are solidly
behind him because he has proved
to be a man we can trust.”

www.dailypost.ng/2017/05/15/ohanaeze-demands-immediate-release-ifeanyi-ubah-slams-dss/

2 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by ProWalker: 10:13am On May 15, 2017
Funny clowns grin

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Luciferdevil(m): 10:14am On May 15, 2017
Pls let Uba answer for what he did. I jst dnt knw where this ohaneze whatever belongs to. Today they are against Biafra movement, tomortow they talk otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by nonsobaba: 10:20am On May 15, 2017
Ohaneze are a disgrace. They should stop making it look like we igbos protect thieves in our midst. We don't. Infact, 2 days ago, i witnessed a thief being burned to death at electrical dealers market in Obosi. So why should Ifeanyi ubah's case be different?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by DrUche3(m): 10:21am On May 15, 2017
Points to note:

* Unlawful detention before investigation

* Detained for a prolonged
period than permitted by law

Constitutionally they are right!

3 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Flatties: 10:25am On May 15, 2017
nonsobaba:
Ohaneze are a disgrace. They should stop
making it look like we igbos protect thieves
in our midst
We don't. Infact, 2 days ago, i
witnessed a thief being burned to death at
electrical dealers market in Obosi. So why
should Ifeanyi ubah's case be different?

Well said..

2 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by ipobbigot7: 11:08am On May 15, 2017
These potopoto flat heads are so shameless, they are the only tribe i see tribalising everything, crying wen wen like a disgusting kid screaming marginalization, supporting their when they commit crimes.

Honestly they are disgusting.

4 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Hegarh: 11:13am On May 15, 2017
Hmm
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Amberon: 1:47pm On May 15, 2017
undecided
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by deedeedee1: 1:52pm On May 15, 2017
When nigeria separate, we all will be left to blame ourselves not other people.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by ProWalker: 1:58pm On May 15, 2017
nonsobaba:
in our midst
. We don't. Infact, 2 days ago, i

This is the impression most other Nigerians are forming about Igbos now.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by pazienza(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2017
Wasn't It Ifeanyi Ubah that was preaching one Nigeria to his Chi and aka recently ?

Lol! Why should anyone Igbo man with brain cells be worried about his incarceration?
Ohanaeze should mind their own business, biko. Ifeanyi is OK in the hands of his fellow Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Oblang(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2017
Hw many Igbo have bin arrested for corruption sef compare to Yoruba and Hausas yet we don't hear them giving useless ultimatum...na waa o..
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by pazienza(m): 2:51pm On May 15, 2017
ProWalker:

This is the impression most other Nigerians are forming about Igbos now.

And who cares about Nigerians impression about Igbos? Who has their Igbophobic impressions helped?

Anwu achacharona ndi kwu oto, ofoduzia ndi makpu amakpu.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by legislatively: 3:04pm On May 15, 2017
Ohanaeze should leave uba there, I'm Igbo but I hate criminals.
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 15, 2017
nonsobaba:
in our midst. We don't. Infact, 2 days ago, i
if you are sensible enough you won't call mr.Ubah a thief. "you are innocent until proven otherwise by a court of law " the constitution is supreme not hearsay aka beer Parlour gossips

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by PREBuhari2019: 4:16pm On May 15, 2017
APC are working towards 2019.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by abu12: 4:30pm On May 15, 2017
GQaguolu:
if you are sensible enough you won't call mr.Ubah a thief. "you are innocent until proven otherwise by a court of law " the constitution is supreme not hearsay aka beer Parlour gossips

is it not thesame court of law that grant DSS the right to detain him morethan 24hr, lol

the man will replace nnadi kanu in kuje , and all his investment wll b taking over by FG

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 15, 2017
ipobbigot7:
These potopoto flat heads are so shameless, they are the only tribe i see tribalising everything, crying wen wen like a disgusting kid screaming marginalization, supporting their when they commit crimes.

Honestly they are disgusting.

Read to gain understanding. Knowledge will free you from hate.

Points to note:

* Unlawful detention before investigation

* Detained for a prolonged
period than permitted by law

Constitutionally they are right!

And I'll add my own:

* Refusing to present him before the court of law is an abuse on his right
* Media judgement is completely wrong. Every accused is innocent until proven guilty.
* etc

Afonjas, I no say una go school. Don't allow tribal hate to blind you.
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 15, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynda44, this post deserve front page. A Nigerian is been detained unlawfully without been charged to court.
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by TheKingdom: 4:42pm On May 15, 2017
Ohnaeze, too little too late of an old toothless bulldog. Why the reporter is calling una apex is laziness on their part
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 15, 2017
legislatively:
Ohanaeze should leave uba there, I'm Igbo but I hate criminals.
You guys type out of emotion. Where are your proof that he is a criminal. He is still standing as an accused, not until proven guilty before you can tag him a criminal. Media trial is base on hearsay and emotional feelings.
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by ipobbigot7: 6:15pm On May 15, 2017
blues20:

Read to gain understanding. Knowledge will free you from hate.

And I'll add my own:

* Refusing to present him before the court of law is an abuse on his right
* Media judgement is completely wrong. Every accused is innocent until proven guilty.
* etc

Afonjas, I no say una go school. Don't allow tribal hate to blind you.

The usual ranting and wailing habitual of the kindergarten tribe of flat heads.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by ipobbigot7: 6:19pm On May 15, 2017
blues20:

You guys type out of emotion. Where are your proof that he is a criminal. He is still standing as an accused, not until proven guilty before you can tag him a criminal. Media trial is base on hearsay and emotional feelings.

The way you are jumping on every comment to defend Ifeayin uba

2 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by ipobbigot7: 6:21pm On May 15, 2017
blues20:

The way you are jumping on every comment to defend Ifeayin Uba is giving me feelings that you are benefiting from him but unfortunately you don't know him, it's better you allow those who knows him speak.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by agbangam: 6:24pm On May 15, 2017
I have been waiting for dem since, I knew dey wud support him, dey must trivialize n tribalize d matter. Always gud @ supporting CORRUPT anything dat is corrupt. Only dem will support a yoruba, hausa or igbo man dat is corrupt.
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by agbangam: 6:25pm On May 15, 2017
I have been waiting for dem since, I knew dey wud support him, dey must trivialize n tribalize d matter. Always gud @ supporting d CORRUPT.t Only dem will support a yoruba, hausa or igbo man dat is corrupt.
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 15, 2017
abu12:

is it not thesame court of law that grant DSS the right to detain him morethan 24hr, lol

the man will replace nnadi kanu in kuje , and all his investment wll b taking over by FG
are you in this country atall? Dose this gov't obey the rule of law?
Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by nonsobaba: 7:58pm On May 15, 2017
Ifeanyi Ubah is a thief who thrived under Jonathan when stealing was not corruption. Thankfully, nemesis has finally caught up with him. He joined APC thinking it was business as usual and went on to steal 11 billion naira worth of NNPC products. The DSS should not only detain him indefinitely, but seize his depot and allow AMCON to sell it in order to recover the stolen funds. Igbos don't cover thieves. Ohaneze are just a group of self-serving businessmen. They don't speak for us igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Demands Immediate Release Of Ifeanyi Uba, Laments Igbo Persecution. by GeneralAchuzia1: 8:35pm On May 15, 2017
Chinonso AKA nonsobaba,ihere megbukwa gi. I am so ashamed of you.This poverty you always complain about has really infiltrated ur brain that you can't even reason well any more.you really need help

what is ur problem biko? tell me,I have men in anambra that can help you because you are going nut.is it money?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Lists Members Of Interim Government, See List! / Breaking News: Saraki Must Go Peaceful Protest Ongoing In Ilorin / Funeral Prayer On Late Hajiya Yelwa Danjuma Goje (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.