Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Should I Drop Out Of School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Drop Out Of School? (458 Views)

Ogun Parents Protest N25,000 COVID-19 Test Ahead Of School Reopening / I'm about to drop out of school!!!...I'm in serious depression!!!... Help!!! / AAUA Student Writes Emotional Letter As He Drop Out Over High Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Drop Out Of School? by ItuExchange(m): 12:42pm On May 15, 2017
Should I just drop out of college right now since Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are successful without it?

In the words of The Wall Street Journal,

“Not long ago, dropping out of school to start a company was considered risky. For this generation, it is a badge of honor, evidence of ambition and focus”

One of the BEST articles I've seen on this topic is that's of Live Beyond School.

Here you have some quick points to consider...

Gates and Zuck dropped out when it was FAR more dangerous to do so than it is today. Education had far more value at the time than it has today.

In the times we live in, not only is it easier to dropout of school and succeed, it's ENCOURAGED. Peter Thiel currently gives students $100,000 to drop out of school.

The value offering of traditional education has seriously eroded. An average graduate is at least $30,000 USD in debt, in the USA.

Universities are offering full courses online and for FREE. Not just any school, we're talking of the likes of MIT and other topnotch institutions.

With discipline and some intelligence, you can learn highly valuable skills like programming on your own from websites like codecademy.com, and get high paying jobs and opportunities from prestigious establishments and organizations. Or create your own business using the skills gained!

Source: https://www.quora.com/Should-I-just-drop-out-of-college-right-now-since-Bill-Gates-and-Mark-Zuckerberg-are-successful-without-it

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng
Re: Should I Drop Out Of School? by RoyalBlak007: 12:49pm On May 15, 2017
♤Your

♤Decision
Re: Should I Drop Out Of School? by aishattaju: 1:05pm On May 15, 2017
Those guys dropped out of Harvard. what do you have a passion for and are currently doing it? what's your focus and determination. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are 2 successful people out of millions of dropouts. Be wise.

The Mod that gave me a ban few weeks ago is incredibly stupid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Drop Out Of School? by BizLifeE: 10:50pm On May 15, 2017
A school dropout that doesn't know what to do with their life is the same as a graduate who doesn't know what to do with their life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

r / Where Is Na’ima? / AAUA Aspirant Drop Your Number ....let'screate Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.