Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gender: To Be Equal Or Not To Be (416 Views)

U.K: Sodomites In The Land Always Equal Devil Worship & Child Sacrifice / People Of African Descent Equal Partners In White Supremacy / Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gender: To Be Equal Or Not To Be by bennynaza(m): 10:19pm On May 15, 2017
During my service year, I had a female friend who would constantly ramble on about how women are equal to men and how the "so called" natural order of man before woman is utter rubbish. She would apply every arguementative skill in her repertoire to convince you that what any man can do, any woman can as well. While I considered it safer and sensible to agree with her so as to avoid friction and "wahala", deep down, I always knew she was wrong. Matter of fact, I still believe she is wrong. She and every other woman especially those that refer to themselves proudly as feminists. Even men who think so too, are wrong, I believe.
My reason is simple. I believe that the male and female species, created or evolved (whichever you subscribe to) are different from each other- in features, temperament, physicality and body chemistry. Biologically men CAN NOT do what women can and vice versa. A man no matter how feminine he looks cant menstruate, concieve or breastfeed. If any man can do any of these, even women will be scared of him and refuse to declare him an equal. No woman no matter how macho she is or looks can produce semen, inpregnate any human or beast. Any woman who for any weird reason that gets to do this still wont be accepted as a man by men. It is just not biologically possible and that is how nature meant it to be. Because nature does not support equality.
Socially, both genders have different roles they play, and even though some women can comfortably play "masculine" roles, and some men can play "feminine roles", it is always almost certain that especially in the company of each other both gender tends to subconciously play their "natural social roles and leave the other gender to theirs.
My female friend for instance, was walking side by side with me one night when suddenly we heard a loud dog bark. Instinctively, she slid behind me, grabbing my hand in fright, "naturally" expecting me to lead the defence. If truly we were equal, her natural instinct wouldnt have caused her to do that. An average man would seek his own defence, not rely on me, a fellow man like she did.
Now, while it is possible that there might be a scenario, where the reverse becomes the case (as there are a few very feminine men and a few very masculine women), it is unarguable that this incident between my female friend and I is the most likely outcome between any other pair of man and woman.
Let me however make it clear that I also do not believe it is right jumping to the conclusion that Men are more powerful than Women. Men have got certain areas of life and existence where they wield power greater than women, but so also do women wield powers in certain areas greater than men. The fact that my mother, had and probably still has tremendous influence on my personality as a man today, moulded from when she literally had my life in her hands as first a foetus, then a baby, to toddler... till now. The contributions of my sister and my numerous female friends over the years cannot be underestimated. If that is not power, I wonder what is. Now as an adult, I also wield significant influence over the aforementioned women. It is a symbiotic influence thing. My sister cannot claim equality with my father, and I sure as hell cannot claim equality with or greatness over my mother (who born me?).
In conclusion, I believe the equality arguement is totally unnecessary. Both gender have their important roles to play and no gender can naturally play another genders role better than them. WHAT A MAN CAN DO, A WOMAN SHOULD NOT FEEL COMPELLED TO DO IT JUST TO PROVE A POINTLESS POINT and vice versa. Nature created a natural gender difference, our society cued into nature's order to differentiate roles, and our subconcious agrees with both nature and society. Why attempt to unbalance nature!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Racketeering For Raising / I Need Help! / Stop These Habits To Save Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.