Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD (21479 Views)

Ademola Adeleke Was Prostrating For Oluwo Of Iwo, Not Omisore (Photos) / Adams Oshiomhole: Ademola Adeleke Was Dancing Skelewu While Debate Was Going On / Isiaka Adeleke Was To Distribute Grinding Machines, Motorcycles Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by nurex01(m): 8:01am On May 16, 2017
The Chief Medical Director, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Prof Akeem Lasisi, has testified that the late senator representing Osun-West senatorial district, Chief Isiaka Adeleke, died of an overdose of banned injections.

Testifying before a coroner, Mr Olusegun Ayilara, in Osogbo, on Monday, Lasisi, who spoke from the witness box, said the Chief Medical Director of Biket Hospital, Osogbo, Dr Adebisi Adenle, called him on the telephone on April 23 to tell him that Adeleke had died.

Lasisi, who said he saw Adeleke’s corpse on a table at LAUTECH’s morgue, added that a pathologist, one Dr Solaja; two resident doctors, who are also pathologists; the Officer in Charge of Homicide, Osun State Police Command; Divisional Police Officer, Dugbe Police Station, Osogbo; and the Consultant Pathologist, LAUTECH, were all present when an autopsy was carried out on Adeleke.

The CMD told the court that one of the aides of the late senator told him that the deceased complained of leg pain and somebody treated him.

Lasisi said the aide told him that the person, who treated Adeleke was not a doctor but could not say if he was a nurse.

The CMD stated that the aide mentioned the names of the various injections administered on him before his death and the aide (in company with other aides) was asked to go and bring them.

The CMD stated that he did not ask for the name of the person who treated Adeleke but he wanted to know what was administered and the competence of the person that administered the drugs.

He said among the injections given to Adeleke was Analgin, which he said was outlawed when the late Prof Dora Akunyili was the Director General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.

He said, “I saw the corpse. Before any process of examination of any diagnosis in medicine, there is what we call history before examination. So, we asked for the person who knew the conditions surrounding the death of the senator. So, the family pointed to one of the aides and the aide said he (Adeleke) was active the previous day and he came at midnight and started complaining of leg pain. So, they sent for somebody who came to give him injections.

“I asked clearly the medical status of the person that administered the injections. I asked, ‘Is the person a doctor?’ but he said no. ‘Is he a nurse’?, he said he didn’t know but the person was a face they were used to.

“He mentioned various injections, so at that point I asked him if could lay his hands on the empty ampoules of the injections. The family members went home to get them. The injections were five per cent dextrose. We saw empty sachets; it was like a fluid and with it, we saw an intravenous fluid-giving set and scalp vein needle. We saw that empty. We saw two ampoules of Analgin, four ampoules of valium (diazepam) – 10ml each making 40 milligrammes, one ampoule of pentazocine, one ampoule of gentamicin and two ampoules of hydrocortisone.

“All of these were empty and his aide said these were what he was given. He also added that after he had been given, he (Adeleke) called him that he doesn’t want to entertain any visitor and he went to sleep. He (the aide) said he later went back to check him and saw that the senator’s eyes were wide open but he wasn’t breathing.”

The CMD added that diazepam ‘sedates and tranquilises when given in moderate dosage’ but said it could knock off reflexes if given in the type of dosage Adeleke was given and could eventually lead to death.

He explained that pentazocine was capable of killing bad pain but it was usually advised not to be given to patients intravenously but through intra-muscular injection.

He stated that if the injection would be given intravenously at all, it should be given at a facility where the patient could be resuscitated with artificial oxygen in case his breathing stopped.

“Analgin has been outlawed since the days of Dora Akunyili in NAFDAC. So, I don’t know where they got it from. They were given in excess dosage,” he said.

Also the Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs Titi Laoye-Tomori, in her testimony before the coroner, said Adeleke hesitated before he ate three spoonfuls of rice at a funeral ceremony in Osun State, a day before he died.

Adeleke and the deputy governor were among the dignitaries, who attended the funeral of the mother of the Chairman, All Progressives Congress in Osun-West senatorial district, Mr Yinusa Amobi, at Kuta, Osun State, on April 22. The senator died the following morning.

She told the coroner that she waived her immunity to personally appear before the coroner because of the importance she attached to the probe and to state what she knew about the moment she spent together with Adeleke and others at a social function on Saturday, April 22.

Laoye-Tomori stated that she shunned the special chair prepared for her and chose to sit close to Adeleke because the deceased demonstrated an uncommon humility by coming to welcome her beside her vehicle when she arrived at the venue of the ceremony.

The deputy governor told the coroner that Adeleke was served rice in an uncovered plate and the rice had no fish or meat and he was hesitant to eat.

She said, “A woman brought a plate of rice. There was fried rice, a mixture of ‘jollof’ and white rice. There was no protein in it, that is, there was neither meat nor fish and the food was not covered. I was wondering why a man of his status would be served food not covered but I don’t know whether he was already eating the food before I arrived there or not.

“The senator was using his spoon to turn the rice and he was hesitant to eat it. I said jokingly, ‘ Your Excellency, why don’t you ask them to take the food away if you don’t want to eat it? And he said, ‘Se tori wipe kosi eran lori e?’ (Is it because there is no meat on it?).

“He said that woman brought a bowl of fish but these people you are seeing ate everything and left nothing for me. He then took his fork and stretched his hand to take a piece of fried fish from someone sitting close to him but his fork couldn’t pick it because the fish was fried.

“He took just three spoons and pushed the food aside. He was full of life and was cracking jokes. A gentleman seating on his right side brought out a drink from his pouch.”

https://punchng.com/adeleke-was-given-overdose-of-banned-injection-lautech-cmd/amp/

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by nurex01(m): 8:06am On May 16, 2017
Ha! I remain muted on this, I don't know what to say because the punishment is grievance.
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by nurex01(m): 8:07am On May 16, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Pls, move to ftp
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by Aphrygian(m): 8:10am On May 16, 2017
The doctor has entered one chance. I no they are playing politics with this their stupid investigation cos how will a professional doctor use a banned drug not on a commuter o but a public figure. Doctor may the good lord see you through this if u are innocent. And to nairalanders eeee oni rogun alakoba ooooo

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by femolacqua(m): 8:23am On May 16, 2017
This is serious and an offence.
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by Airforce1(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2017
Aphrygian:
The doctor has entered one chance. I no they are playing politics with this their stupid investigation cos how will a professional doctor use a banned drug not on a commuter o but a public figure. Doctor may the good lord see you through this if u are innocent. And to nairalanders eeee oni rogun alakoba ooooo

I'm highly disappointed in you.

So according to you the commuter is not human being but a guinea pig right?

You should be ashamed of yourself over this comment.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by nurex01(m): 8:29am On May 16, 2017
From what was said, 160mill. Is too much. Mind you, analgin is widely used in most private hospitals and the doctor "might" not tell you.

3 Likes

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by nurex01(m): 8:31am On May 16, 2017
I believe everything has been destined.
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by poshestmina(f): 8:35am On May 16, 2017
Hope this is not a conspiracy to implicate the doctor ! .nothing is impossible with Nigeria politicians ,the same doctor that has been treating the man for years suddenly didn't know what injection and amount to use ? Them never talk true!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by signz: 8:35am On May 16, 2017
It would've been better if foreign and neutral pathologists were used.

The Adeleke family and people of Ede are suspecting an APC leader of killing their son/leader and you bring pathologists from LAUTECH to perform autopsy? Civil servants that are collecting salary from APC government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by Nobody: 8:38am On May 16, 2017
Aphrygian:
your own version of the truth is just so pathetic, please let us know when you are done with your own investigation...polictics involving the death of an influential senator just to shield a dr...nigeria!!!
whatever made him put his trust on a quack though...

5 Likes

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by AuroraB(f): 8:47am On May 16, 2017
embarassed We play too much with our health in this Naija embarassed
Now, on what basis was he even treated and given such tranquilizers at his age And who is that Dr. Frankenstein undecided
Let's take our health serious and while with the Dr., ask questions and suggest/demand for tests run on you.
Aiye o pe meji sad All these inquiries won't bring the man back and his people grieves embarassed
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by tinsel: 8:56am On May 16, 2017
I am surprised that a big man like him can eat food like that in public. They don't have a house to take him inside?
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by nurex01(m): 9:13am On May 16, 2017
tinsel:
I am surprised that a big man like him can eat food like that in public. They don't have a house to take him inside?

Well!

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by nurex01(m): 9:51am On May 16, 2017
AuroraB:
embarassed We play too much with our health in this Naija embarassed
Now, on what basis was he even treated and given such tranquilizers at his age And who is that Dr. Frankenstein undecided
Let's take our health serious and while with the Dr., ask questions and suggest/demand for tests run on you.
Aiye o pe meji sad All these inquiries won't bring the man back and his people grieves embarassed
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by shaddoww: 10:40am On May 16, 2017
Alot of people have died as a result of our lack of good n modern medical facilities n it's as a result of corruption, people steal money meant to build those things. In d whole of Osun State, u can hardly see a modern medical centre except for some private clinics like Biket n Emmanuel hospital. Even if they have met Adeleke alive n in pain, he would probably still av died cos there is no good medical facility in his neighbour, d best he could get is in Osogbo. So others should learn, no matter how long dey stay in Abuja n lagos, something may still bring dem home n wat if things like dis catch up with dem then, where will dey rush to?
I will also blame d Adeleke family for allowing people play politics with d death of their brother. Since they were suspicious, den they should never have allowed d autopsy be conducted in a government facility, they have d means to get his body to wherever dey want. But now dat d government is trying to clear itself, they are accusing dem of being fake.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by stevecantrell: 10:53am On May 16, 2017
The so called "dr" must be high...he was actually convinced he was treating an elephant with that cocktail. Pain killers, steroids, sedatives....

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by Hawlahscho(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2017
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by Howmon: 11:01am On May 16, 2017
Let the man R.I.P will ya?
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by NwaObinkita: 11:02am On May 16, 2017
angry
Na wa

Not only was it an overdose,

It was a banned drug..

His village people were really on his case like this

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by SuperModerator: 11:04am On May 16, 2017
Heya!
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by Sleezwizz: 11:04am On May 16, 2017
sad

In other news... Are u a salary earner and you need an instant loan to take care of your urgent financial needs? Check my signature. Get a loan within 24hrs after submitting all necessary documents...

RenMoney come through not only on PayDays but anytime you need fast cash to achieve goals.
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by naijaguy123456(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2017
this could help create awareness on those banned substances and medications out there. With his position and money he should have had a better doctor to trust with his life.
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by alphaconde(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2017
many people have died in the hands of incompetent doctors, now he was a lawmaker and made no laws to protect those innocent persons, now he is the victim, will his other colleagues learn?
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by mailguy22: 11:05am On May 16, 2017
Sad
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by Nobody: 11:05am On May 16, 2017
T
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by Sirpaul(m): 11:06am On May 16, 2017
Banned and you have it in the hospital?....
jail the doctor pls..

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by Partnerbiz2: 11:09am On May 16, 2017
Life is worthless here. Upon all wealth
Re: Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD by adisabarber(m): 11:09am On May 16, 2017
So the dokita left behind evidence of his wrongdoing? The pathologist did not even say "based on the autopsy results". He based his conclusions on the empty injection vials.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Relocate To Kano" - Ganduje To Fulani Herdsmen / We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police / Dr Ikpeazu Inspects Ndi-oji Road In Arochukwu(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.