Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed (11895 Views)

Why Comedienne Princess Marriage Crashed / Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early / Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by woye77: 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
Print version Why 9ice’s Marriage Crashed
January 12, 2010 09:48 (5 hours ago), 761 views

By Bayo Adetu & Yisa Jamiu

The marriage of famous music act,  Abolore ‘9ice’ Akande, has crashed as a result of infidelity. The marriage hit the rocks barely one year after the Gongo Aso crooner signed the dotted lines with his wife come stylist and on-line manager, Toni Payne, at a Lagos registry.

Now that the hitherto happy couple have gone their separate ways, it has been agreed that their only child, Zion, will reside with the mother.

P.M.NEWS gathered that while they were still living together, 9ice had allegedly been having extra-marital affairs, a development Toni Payne had complained about several times, even as she did not want to wash 9ice’s dirty linens in public.

Sources close to the singer claimed that it is his manager that usually love-vendor ladies for him, and that a particular lady fondly called M.A. is 9ice’s favourite.

Trouble, however, started when Toni Payne could no longer stomach the sexcapades, which consequently led to the end of the one-year old union.

A source close to the embittered Payne told P.M.NEWS that she felt so cheated because she had suffered and made sacrifices for 9ice.

“Honestly speaking, Payne felt so disappointed because she trusted 9ice and has really tried to take his career to where it is today. For God’s sake, this was a lady that stood by 9ice when he was a nobody, so it is sad to have paid her back in such a way.  It is just a testimony to the fact that 9ice is an ingrate,” she said.

When our reporter called Ola Dehinde, 9ice’s manager to comment on the matter, he denied that 9ice is a philanderer, claiming that his marriage was still intact.

In his words: “The allegation of infidelity is not true. Besides, the marriage is still intact.”

However, in a release sent to P.M.NEWS on Friday by 9ice’s publicist, Kunle Ayeni, he confirmed that the marriage between the Ogbomoso, Oyo State born- singer and his wife has hit the rocks.

The release read thus: “… 9ice and his beautiful wife, Toni Payne, with whom he tied the knot last year, are separating. The couple have agreed to separate for a while, even though they continue to remain good friends and business partners. Their baby, Zion, will reside with Toni for now.

“This is a very tough decision for the couple, and it’s a tough and even trying time for the young partnership we all admire so much. And they’re even the more constrained to make this announcement; knowing it will shatter many of their fans and admirers in and outside the country.

“But they have both agreed to be responsible about the development and make public what is necessary to avoid unnecessary speculations and rumours. And it is their wish that we all respect their privacy at this period.”

Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by tosinaded(m): 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
nonsense!!!!
absolute nonsense!!
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
some people are better off being friends, not couples.

If the man is a philandering type and the woman isnt, then that's a lot of one sided heartbreak.

But did the lady not know he was like that before they got married? Being a public figure, I'm not sure how he could hide such a thing. Its like someone marrying Tuface.

You cant change a man oh.
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
So they are now part of statistics eh. . . .
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by denzel2009: 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
He has even tried. Do you know how many ladies that are ready to give themselves to him on a platter of gold?
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by mreds: 11:29am On Jan 13, 2010
What kind of legacy are this so-called stars laying down for young folks,is it a curse that they can't just settle down one and for all? wateva jare,
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by semid4lyfe(m): 11:33am On Jan 13, 2010
I wonder why these celebrities bother to get married undecided
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by philipinho: 11:47am On Jan 13, 2010
@ mreds, waya mean by legacy for young folks? dont we all have the in born ability to discern wat's right from wrong? cos he's a celebrity doesn't mean i should follow his trail na,
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by tushbobo(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2010
who cares? someone pls get me out of here,
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by FFA: 11:49am On Jan 13, 2010
WHY IS IT DIFFICULT 4 MEN, TO BE FAITHFUL?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I DONT FANCY DIVORCE BUT ADULTERY IS ANOTHER THING I CAN NOT ENDURE AS A WOMAN

MEN U NEED TO TALK TO URSELVES

SEIGOBE TO ALL DIS WAKA PASS ONCE U'VE SIGNED D DOTTED LINES.
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Wrex(m): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2010
didn't toni payne know that stars usually have so many ladies at there disposal, she should have given this a thought before marrying the guy,
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
This one na gangaso!
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Frank101: 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
Is it not Nolly wood and Hollywood.The musicians want to be like their US folks too.They will also take their portion of the barrage of unsuccessful marriages that rocks that industry.
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by r231(m): 12:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
well you can't say maybe 9ce and Tiger Wood are cousins grin grin all these celebs have a problem holding down their manhood.
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by tundewoods(m): 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2010
Agreed that 9ice and Toni Payne are separated ! It's Quite sad but when on earth did PM News become a news source worth quoting ?  undecided
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by edwin101: 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
i have always said it that marriage is not for everyone. grin
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
We should examine the heads of ladies marrying stars. Those women are insane!
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Lolajoy(f): 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
What will a say.HAPPY FAILED MARRIAGE.Guess that is all i can say.
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by SmashingM(f): 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I wonder why these celebrities bother to get married undecided

My thoughts exactly!
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2010
Everyone should be given the opportunity to try, even the likes of Tuface.
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by ud4u: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
Why is it that these celebrities marriages doesn't last ? Is something wrong with them?
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Babylove1(f): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
only God can tell what attracted him to her in the first place

shior!!!
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by dypone(m): 1:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
Why bother to get married in the first place! This whole situation is not 9ice!
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by otukpo(f): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2010
Na dem sabi.

The girl shld better find someone who is more responsible and classy for a partner.
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by koolchicco: 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2010
Who givesa flying fukc.

One down, NEXT?!!!!!
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
Fame, fame, Fame at times its not good for the body. Tonye looks an average girl with little or no respect in the eyes of brother 9ice. Get him IBB's or Tinubu's daughter and I am sure they struggle it through!!! cool cool cool
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Emperoh(m): 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
Another Celebrity marriage jams the Rocks!!

Who's next?
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 13, 2010
Ranks007:

Fame, fame, Fame at times its not good for the body. Tonye looks an average girl with little or no respect in the eyes of brother 9ice. Get him IBB's or Tinubu's daughter and I am sure they struggle it through!!! cool cool cool

You may care to know that:

NEVER EVER jump into conclusion when you are not sure about situations.

Even though i am in no where close to payne, i knew her when we were all little kids in surulere.

She is from a VERY well to do family.

Her father was a multimillionaire in the late 80s

so for yoyr information 9ice is no where of a social background equal to payne.

Why do people think when an artiste has one hit track / album he turns to a 'billionaire' over nigh?

incase you don't know, payne HELPED 9ice a whole lot to reach the fame, stardon and riches he has today

he accepted long before now that she paid for his recording time, production et al.

in as much as i LOVE 9ice as a person bcus of his humility and down to earth character,

TONY PAYNE WAS ACTUALLY TOO SOPHISTICATED FOR 9ICE
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2010
the real issue is the guy did not look at where he was coming from before he chose a partner.
from what i see, apparently the marriage is a 'reward' for being around him when he was'nt a star, though until 1 of the couple confirms that, i do not believe that he even knew this girl in the bad old days!

the guy should have looked at his life and decided what was really good for him. and im sure that would not include a trendy wife to fit the image. besides, an unwritten rule is if you are not the beckhams, stars must marry someone who stays firmly in the background.

he should have married a "adijat lasisi abeke type" u know, the kinda girl whose been where he has been, who is your typical homely "bush" girl!!
she knows whats up and probably is the type who understands how to deal with a philandering man!!

whichever way u look at this, he did not need the 'my husband smiles at other women too much'  type of wife. am pretty sure most parents in their generation had husbands who at some points philandered! but the wives were not the type who would pick their bags and storm out of the door at the slightest instance! (in other words, a western thinking clones like we now have all over)

at least he should know now that marriage is not for him unless and until he finds a wife who can bear the heat of the kitchen.

aint saying what he did is right (if he did that alleged) but that for someone in his position, the choice is very difficult and i make bold to say MOMMY WOULD HAVE MADE A BETTER CHOICE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ITS just what it is, besides what kinda name is Toni payne? does a person with that kinda name sound like a homely african wife? and how the hell does she expect to marry a star then relocate to the US leaving him alone in naija? with all the kokolets around wanting a ride in the bentley? NOW THATS PRETTY DUMB!!!
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
I always knew that marriage had a short expiry date.
She should have taken a cue from the likes of Kenny Saint Brown, and Soul E's ex before nose-diving into that marriage.
Hope she has learnt her lesson. Next time she will go for someone classy, n not just some local boy who cares to say hi.
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by stone07(m): 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2010
otukpo:

Na dem sabi.

The girl shld better find someone who is more responsible and classy for a partner.

Are u saying 9ice is not responsible?You better get your head straight.did't she know b4 she married him.She thinks is dat easy to marry a star.
Re: Revealed!: Why 9ice's Marriage Crashed by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
May be nice would'nt have married Tony if not for her pregnancy. It's so unfortunate.9ice bit the finger that fed him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Pretty Nigerian Actress / “mercy Johnson & Toyin Abraham” Latest 2018 Movie Gets Cinema Date / BankyW's 'Good Good Loving' Video Shoot (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.