Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did (57165 Views)

Why Was Buhari Carrying A Bag During Inauguration? Who Else Noticed It? / Bianca Ojukwu As The Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria In 1988 (Throwback Photos) / Babangida To Saraki: 'I Will Do To You What Your Father Did To Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by itsmeurLady(f): 1:52pm On May 16, 2017
haywire07:
I can say it in front of a huge crowd that Buhari is the only most honest president we have had so far but it's very very very unfortunate to have the wicked powers (like the senate, mere level 12-15 government officials who wants to continue looting by all means, and an average dogmatic Nigeria who can't reason and see beyond his nostrils) who are working tirelessly against the president just to make it look like GeJ was better and we were wrong to vote Buhari in . Forgetting that we are all in dis shithole together .
God will punish you all.

But I'll say it to the crowd If I hav many armed soldiers standing behind me .

Just to make it look like Gej was better u say How do ppl even think Must u bring GEJ into buhari's issue Or is he the one frustrating Buhari too?? When GEJ's reign was being threatened by BOko Haram did any1 complain D same BOko haram dat we did not hear/see them again in Buhari's reign Just kno that b4 u point a finger, 4 fingers are pointing right bak at u... Buhari's Failure and Incompetency has nothing whatsoever to do with GEJ.... Deal with it!!!

1 Like

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by uridiwan(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2017
PointZerom:
The point here is that stolen money was given to Buhari and he did not only accept it, he also used the money.

If a gift is given to you and you accept it, what and how you used the gift doesn't matter again to the giver of the gift.

If the EFCC should arrest Buhari for accepting this stolen money, his explanation that he distributed the stolen money to beggars cannot be substantiated. It is a financial crime to accept a stolen money in the first place and given out such money to people for whatsoever reason and condition makes you a culprit not a kind citizen.

People should not celebrate Buhari here if actually he received a bag filled with stolen money and distributed same to beggars, people should rather condemn him for not blowing the whistle or returning the stolen money.

For the fact that Anini the notorious criminal distributed stolen money to beggars, does not make him(Anini)a saint.
Bros, Buhari has no choice rather than to receive the money then ,it was during the military era he would have been in his grave now if he had rejected it....and to me he spent it wisely.
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 16, 2017
NwaObinkita:
This proves that he has always been a dull person

Who rejects a bag of money

What do u mean by "reject".....

I gave u bag of cash..u ddnt send the cash bag to me but decided to give to the poor......u don't have the right to use that English word called "Reject"...na wetin u like u use the raba for naaa..thats if truely he shared the money to the poor
Buhari don collect the money...all those one na revised standard version of the story.... how does rejecting and sharing to the poor go together?
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by truehero(m): 1:54pm On May 16, 2017
So this is how they packaged buhari like sadin for the past election? This is how it all started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by bionixs: 1:55pm On May 16, 2017
doublewisdom:
But at least hypocritical Saint Buhari first collected the bag of money. If he wasn't corrupt, he would have outrighty rejected that money. Buhari is no different from Babangida.
don't mind them. they thought everyone is a zombie.he COLLECTED the money and share it to........

1 Like

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by SuperBlack: 1:55pm On May 16, 2017
SammieLowkey:
Why accept it in the first place? Pictures of him sharing the money to the poor or... grin
You mean picture of 1988? They forget to snap him then.
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by yorubaisevil: 1:55pm On May 16, 2017
If buhari stole and gave it to pooor , then he is a saint to the zombies, but if the poor steal to feed, they are criminals by the zombies logic....zombie oh zombie.... Even anini stole to give to the poor

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by PointZerom: 1:57pm On May 16, 2017
uridiwan:
Bros, Buhari has no choice rather than to receive the money then ,it was during the military era he would have been in his grave now if he had rejected it....and to me he spent it wisely.

This is your opinion. In the eyes of the Law, he is a culprit.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 16, 2017
is it not the same thing with those who received money from Gej. Did they steal the money? Nonsense..This proves nothing as far as the dullard keeps on wasting scare resources on his health.
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by mmsen: 2:00pm On May 16, 2017
RealLordZeus:
It's widely accepted that Buhari is a good man with good intention(hypocrites won't accept this tho) but Nigeria problems are just too much for him to handle at his age.... Tbh, compare the before and after pics of our leaders, e.g Ex president Jonathan, you will see how aged he is in just 8 years look at fashola, the minister was even looking good when he's the governor of Lagos state but just two years as a minister, I can hardly see black hair on his head,.... If baba can manage to survive the remaining 2yrs I wish him well, else he should allow to keep searching for another messiah..

It is foolish to try and judge a man by his 'intentions' because no one can read minds.

We can only judge him by his actions and his actions show him to be a simple minded or incredibly inconsiderate hypocrite.

Prior to elections he was making noise about how wrong it is for Nigerian politicians to seek medical care abroad; how wasteful it is to maintain so many private planes for the presidency and how silly it is to spend money educating children abroad. But look at him now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 16, 2017
Babacele:
have u ever asked yourself why the talakawas love him ? as petroleum minister he made sure the wealth went to the people; maitasane terrorism nko? check out the exploits of PTF; he was an awesome commander and commandant; who can scare the audicity to steal from the commonwealth by the northern elite as represented by Umaru Dikko or Dasuki if not a Buhari? and etc

The Talakawas are bunch of illiterates who only means of information is BBC Hausa service who are biased in their news reports.
Petroleum ministry where he looted billions stashed in d defunct U.K bank and channelled into a trust fund (wonders why his kids are all schooling or schooled in U.K).
Maitasane was defeated during Shagari and they were bunch of knife wielding criminals.
PTF that gave birth to young Katsina billionaires,the corruption there was enormous with over a 100billion naira got missing and the consultant murdered to keep his secrets secret.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by laterthings: 2:08pm On May 16, 2017
PointZerom:
The point here is that stolen money was given to Buhari and he did not only accept it, he also used the money.

If a gift is given to you and you accept it, what and how you used the gift doesn't matter again to the giver of the gift.

If the EFCC should arrest Buhari for accepting this stolen money, his explanation that he distributed the stolen money to beggars cannot be substantiated. It is a financial crime to accept a stolen money in the first place and given out such money to people for whatsoever reason and condition makes you a culprit not a kind citizen.

People should not celebrate Buhari here if actually he received a bag filled with stolen money and distributed same to beggars, people should rather condemn him for not blowing the whistle or returning the stolen money.

For the fact that Anini the notorious criminal distributed stolen money to beggars, does not make him(Anini)a saint.

you are dumber than people liking your post. A Military head of state who have unfettered access to 'the people's' gave same to Buhary and the later retun it to the people and you are here blabbing nonsone
in fact to slap you dey hungry me sad
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by RillJ(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2017
He actually spent the money if you consider the report. 'refused and had it distributed'?

“Babangida had originally sent Buhari “a bag of money,” but Buhari refused it and had it distributed to the poor. Buhari had negotiated his pension funds with Air Vice Marshal (rtd) Hamza Abdullahi, a military governor of Kano, who acted on behalf of Babangida,”

NwaObinkita:
This proves that he has always been a dull person

Who rejects a bag of money
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by arsenal33: 2:11pm On May 16, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Actually it is hypocrites and the politically naive that spread the lie that Buhari is a good man
Defeat still dey pain you
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by win2kwire: 2:15pm On May 16, 2017
I bought the book and started reading it, already I can see some lies Buhari told!
You can never trust herdsmen!

1 Like

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by padi94(m): 2:16pm On May 16, 2017
PointZerom:

My Opinion & Analysis: What (if i may ask) is the difference Between Buhari and Dasuki in the Dasuki gate Scandal? for me,they are both similar becos
1. Dasuki and buhari both accepted curruption money
2. Dasuki distributed the money to other people, Buhari did same

In Pidgin: Dasuki own even beta say him distribute the money to every tribe, but Buhari gave his own to only Northerners[s][/s]
In English: I think we should have a Buhari Gate... let him disclose how much he was given & name all the "poor people" he gave the money to, am sure some of them are used for training members of the Boko Haram terrorists.

My Reccomendation: Proper Investigation should be carried out here...
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by Le2money(m): 2:16pm On May 16, 2017
Pls, tell me what differentiate him (Buhari) and Dasuki..... They both accepted a stolen money and shared it like father Christmas...... Thief, thief and that's what dey would remain till dey die.

PointZerom:

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by JideAmuGiaka: 2:17pm On May 16, 2017
laterthings:

you are dumber than people liking your post. A Military head of state who have unfettered access to 'the people's' gave same to Buhary and the later retun it to the people and you are here blabbing nonsone
in fact to slap you dey hungry me sad

If not that you're a SPOON FED CHILD, you would have known that the moment you received a stolen money, what you use the money to do will be interpreted that you have used the money.
The police will not clap for you if you tell them that you gave the money to the poor. Any body can claim that.
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by JideAmuGiaka: 2:18pm On May 16, 2017
Le2money:
Pls, tell me what differentiate him (Buhari) and Dasuki..... They both accepted a stolen money and shared it like father Christmas...... Thief, thief and that's what dey would remain till dey die.

Exactly
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 16, 2017
I could write my own biography and paint myself as the the most perfect and upright person in the world

on another note, what did he write about the disabled Nigerian woman who he killed by sentencing her to firing squad? did he skip the unpleasent parts?
Yeye dey smell..
I belive Buhari is a narcissist "a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves" its alwaysall about him, and how his shyte dont smell. Has he bothered for once to address us the citizens about the hell we are going tru? I guess not, to hell with us
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by discusant: 2:23pm On May 16, 2017
For more than forty-two of Nigeria's fifty-six years of independence, these northern people have led Nigeria, they have led the country to ruins.

Conduct a referendum. Any group that wants to belong to Nigeria can continue. Not doing that now amounts to postponing the EVIL DAY.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by supereagle(m): 2:24pm On May 16, 2017
Integrity.
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by elampiro(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2017
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by elampiro(m): 2:37pm On May 16, 2017
PointZerom:

Your points are null and void. The money was given to him under duress. It was a trap, to test if he was still angry with the IBB government. If he rejected it, he would probably have been killed for rebelling against the government.
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by Geetemmy: 2:41pm On May 16, 2017
Na wash joooor. An attempt to paint him in good picture. Now, 389 million has been budgeted for refreshment in the 2017 budget. He is not different from other leaders we have had in this country.
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by ademasta(m): 2:43pm On May 16, 2017
Good
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by PointZerom: 2:51pm On May 16, 2017
elampiro:

Your points are null and void. The money was given to him under duress. It was a trap, to test if he was still angry with the IBB government. If he rejected it, he would probably have been killed for rebelling against the government.

Is it buhari that told you this or you are speaking out of sympathy with him?.

Criminals always have wonderful excuse to give. Buhari shared his loots case closed.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by kuchikau: 2:52pm On May 16, 2017
[quote author=julimax post=56574854][/quote] u lick menstral blood abi?
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 16, 2017
Bro u will never be voted for and the youth will canvass against u angry your message in your last thread shows your ulterior motive, I'm not suprised though angry
Destined2win:
sad

He did well but that is history now even though we have one or two things to learn from it.

The most important thing now is that we focus on the present and the future. I represent the present and the future of this country.
I have all it takes to make you proud of this nation once again for thy home shall be a dwelling of peace and prosperity.

I am The President GCFR, I am going to restore all the years which wicked politicians have stolen from us.

Pray for my Presidency!
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by Yukaykarlz(m): 2:56pm On May 16, 2017
Because IBB released him,that is why we are suffering today.
He would have been left to rot in jail.
Re: Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did by Erinz: 3:08pm On May 16, 2017
Y is buhari always been associated with jailing, dentention , arrest wen ruling or been ruled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

One Million March For Peter Obi: Pictures From Different States / Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Encircled And Trapped In His Yokohama Hotel Hideout / Boko Haram Terrorists Captured By Cameronian Soldiers ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.