Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture (35610 Views)

Artist Reveals Faces Of Ancient Roman Emperors Using Uses AI Tech & Photoshop / Man Creates Sculpture Of Ambode, Tinubu With Human Hair (Photos) / See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by bayonino: 2:16pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
...........Let me use dis opportunity to advise guys who foolishily follow/live their lives to please girls. U are on ur way to your early grave.
See the way nairalanders adores some stupid girls here makes me go gaga. I dont really undastand whats so special about their toto or nyash or breast.
It takes only a woman to bring a very strong man to his knees.
For Gods sake why do men follow women about like sheep with direction.
A gal dat mensturates evry 28days, wets her dirty smelling pants, yet u behave like an idiot before her. Wetin they hungry u for her stupid body?
ThankGod for my kind of friends.

I agree with you, we have set of men nowadays that think with their BALLS instead of their BRAINS, they can sleep with anything. I Believe it is high time, we started boys' empowerment program, these days men are full of shit. Trust me, a lot of foolish men here will start referring to your mother or sisters, just ignore them, we all get your point. Thumbs up!
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by aBbiie25(f): 2:22pm On May 16, 2017
Mehn.. see copy and paste fa. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by Abbeyme: 2:23pm On May 16, 2017
newyorks:
why copying someone's work forget not to change his normenclechor to ur.

Nomenclature??
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by newyorks(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2017
Abbeyme:

Nomenclature??
i was waiting for this.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by Fulmigati: 2:34pm On May 16, 2017
This is quite blatant. He no dey shame. An "artist" without creativity.

1 Like

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by Abbeyme: 2:38pm On May 16, 2017
newyorks:
i was waiting for this.
grin cheesy

Nice
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by kuchikau: 2:45pm On May 16, 2017
bayonino:

I agree with you, we have set of men nowadays that think with their BALLS instead of their BRAINS, they can sleep with anything. I Believe it is high time, we started boys' empowerment program, these days men are full of shit. Trust me, a lot of foolish men here will start referring to your mother or sisters, just ignore them, we all get your point. Thumbs up!
tanks man.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by kuchikau: 2:46pm On May 16, 2017
tonytony208:

If your mother didn't menstrate and wet her dirty smelling pants, you won't be alive today.
receive sense. IJN.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by kuchikau: 2:49pm On May 16, 2017
jieta:
na konji dey cause am.
discipline ur self. Check d story of fallen great men.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by asha01: 2:50pm On May 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Damien Hirst accused of copying African art at Venice Biennale

In the interview, Mr. Ehikhamenor said the Ife head “ is very, very famous.”
“It’s one of the most intricate and most beautiful works of art that were created by classical African artists,” he continued.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/africa/damien-hirst-appropriation-venice-biennale/

whereas Damien should have given credit to Africa by saying "The Treasures are a collection of works influenced by a wide range of cultures and stories from across the globe and throughout history -- indeed many of the works celebrate original and important artworks from Africa.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by tonytony208(m): 2:51pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
receive sense. IJN.

The prayer should be for you. You are the one sounding like you have no sense
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by laudate: 3:05pm On May 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
They once described us as primitive people who never developed anything worthwhile or worthy of appreciation. Why are they now shamelessly copying our "worthless" artworks for display at their exhibitions?

Don't mind those foolish oyinbo people. sad They first started by copying our wax print designs & using it in their fashion collections on the international runway. They called it the "ethnic look." Their designers made a fortune out of the trend. undecided Now, one of their clueless artists (without any shred of originality or innovation) copies one of our original African artworks in such a blatant way, and struts around thinking he has produced something of value! The only credit he gives to the source that inspired his copy-copy work, is a nondescript footnote, buried in a place that can easily be overlooked. angry

Tomorrow, or a few weeks down the line, he will end up selling his photocopy of the Ife bronze head for a pretty tidy sum. In a few years to come, that piece might become a collector's item! shocked Who is the twerp that would smile to the bank, and who are the unwary ones whose art has been ripped off, to make a pretty penny in the art market? We as Africans, are all the poorer for this gimmick, that has been pulled off by Hirst! sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by kuchikau: 3:07pm On May 16, 2017
tonytony208:

The prayer should be for you. You are the one sounding like you have no sense
fvck off my mention. Small stupid boy!
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by tonytony208(m): 3:16pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
my parents are stupid and I am a bastardd!
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by nuelyoyo(m): 3:17pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
...........Let me use dis opportunity to advise guys who foolishily follow/live their lives to please girls. U are on ur way to your early grave.
See the way nairalanders adores some stupid girls here makes me go gaga. I dont really undastand whats so special about their toto or nyash or breast.
A gal dat mensturates evry 28days, wets her dirty smelling pants, yet u behave like an idiot before her. Wetin they hungry u for her stupid body?
my guy, Nairaland own is small, Facebook own is worse, if a lady just post her pics, come and see the way guys would be masturbating over the pics. Giving undue and flattery praise just to get attention. It really pisses me off. I compliment ladies, but u will know when guys are overdoing it.

1 Like

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by ibson99(m): 3:30pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
are you gay or something?
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by jieta: 3:31pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
discipline ur self. Check d story of fallen great men.
you don't need to remind me, i have learnt my lesson in the hard way.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
You are on your own... Woman hater. Asking questions his father and great grand father did not ask. You must prefer your fellow man...mtcheeew
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by judgedredd22(m): 4:00pm On May 16, 2017
LastMumu:

Nomenclature you mean? undecided

he write am as e take dey sound for ear!! grin grin grin

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by kuchikau: 4:05pm On May 16, 2017
Nma27:
You are on your own... Woman hater. Asking questions his father and great grand father did not ask. You must prefer your fellow man...mtcheeew
do u menstruate?
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by 3mmanhu3l(m): 4:06pm On May 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

So many little children loittering and cluttering cyberspace these days sef.
Can't we have a "kids" category on Nairaland?

Tiri orijin for this reply...... Seun, we need children's department
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by kuchikau: 4:07pm On May 16, 2017
jieta:
you don't need to remind me, i have learnt my lesson in the hard way.
correct bro, nairalanders fvck boys will need ur wealth of experience.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by kuchikau: 4:08pm On May 16, 2017
ibson99:
are you gay or something?
receive d message, forsake d messenger.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
do u menstruate?
Stupid question! Don't even bother marrying a woman that menstruates OK...mtcheeew
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by kuchikau: 4:12pm On May 16, 2017
nuelyoyo:
my guy, Nairaland own is small, Facebook own is worse, if a lady just post her pics, come and see the way guys would be masturbating over the pics. Giving undue and flattery praise just to get attention. It really pisses me off. I compliment ladies, but u will know when guys are overdoing it.
jesus! And dis girl takes advantage of that and commit many destinies to d wastebin.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by kuchikau: 4:15pm On May 16, 2017
Nma27:
Stupid question! Don't even bother marrying a woman that menstruates OK...mtcheeew
let me rephrase my question: blood dey comot from ur dirty smelling toto every 28 days?
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by musicwriter(m): 4:17pm On May 16, 2017
Everything white people have were originally invented by black people thousands of years ago. What the west does throughout history is remodel our inventions and put their name on it. So, I' am not surprised a British man is plagiarizing and African art.

1. When Greece invaded Africa, Aristotle and Alexander the great thief looted Egyptian libraries and stole all African academic achievements and call it theirs.

2. When Rome invaded Cathage, they looted libraries in Cathage, took over 7,000 Punic books to Europe and call it theirs.

3. When Britain and France invaded Egypt, they looted Egypt, stole as much artifacts and books as they wanted and ran to London and Paris and call it theirs.

4. When Britain invaded Nigeria, they looted artifacts and books in Benin Oba palace and Ife, took it to London and call it theirs.

The list is endless........ And their museums across Europe is littered with stolen artworks taken from black people.

Its fascinating they still find it hard to replicate artworks made by black people over 700 years ago.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
blood dey comot from ur dirty smelling toto every 28 days?
Sorry. I won't join words with u before my followers will begin to wonder why reply an obvious psychotic case. Pele
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by Fingesi(m): 5:02pm On May 16, 2017
you will be surprise getting to know that one Yoruba sharp nigga have sold this god to the white man. so, the white man feels a sense of ownership over the art, that's why probably the white guy thinks he can duplicate the art.

as we know, even our youth dey sell masquerades and deities to dem white guys.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Sculpting A Life Size Human Head / Meet Laetitia Ky, Ivorian Artist Who Makes Sculptures Out Of Her Hair (photos) / Building Art Work Designed By A Nigerian Young Man.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.