Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children (24196 Views)

Kenya Student Develops Solar-powered Car(Photos) / 9-Year-Old Emmanuelle Oziofu Develops A Food Website (Photo) / Tobi Ayanwoye Develops Alarm Footmat, Solar-Powered Mower & Grinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by YonkijiSappo: 10:06pm On May 16, 2017
Meet The 12 Year Old Nigerian Who Created An App To Help Lost Children

Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi, a 12 year old student of Vivian Fowler Memorial College Oregun, Lagos; has just developed a fully functional android application in Nigeria.

It has not been the most positive of times in Nigeria considering the current economic climate but every now and then a story will pop up and lift the spirits of the country. Tomisin Ogunnubi from Lagos has provided such a story for her nation in Answers Africa.
The 12-year-old girl from Lagos has developed an app to solve a problem which she had noticed in her community. Tomisin finished up the development of her Android mobile tracking app, My Location, just a few weeks ago.

The motivation behind the app was to help lost children find their way back home.

How it was developed:

Tomision developed her app under the guidence of an Information and Communications Technology partnership, between her school, Vivian Fowler Memorial College for Girls, and New Horizons Computer Learning Center. Here, Tomision was able to learn the necessary skills and knowledge needed to develop her app.

How it works:

The “current location”setting on the app enables the child to see exactly where they are, as well as highlighting the neighboring streets around them. The other main functionality of the app will allow the child to save a location such as their house or school and it will direct them to their desired location.
The My Locator App also features a button, which when pressed will alert the Lagos State Emergency Services. The app will call the services as well as show the child’s location so that they can be helped.

The app is available for free download in Lagos, Nigeria.

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2017/01/nigerian-12-year-old-creates-location-app-to-help-lost-children/

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by YonkijiSappo: 10:07pm On May 16, 2017
Result of the Coding for children in Lagos exercise paying off.

30 Likes

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by MasterChen: 10:07pm On May 16, 2017
Beautiful. She's Yinka Ogunnubi's daughter

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by YonkijiSappo: 10:10pm On May 16, 2017
MasterChen:
Beautiful. She's Yinka Ogunnubi's daughter

We are raising future geniuses mehn.

26 Likes

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by AbakalikiPress: 10:11pm On May 16, 2017
Beautiful smart girl.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, this deserves to be on FP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Omofunaab2: 10:17pm On May 16, 2017
Tomisin Ogunnubi, developed an app at the age of 12.

Now this is what we call development here in the west and not peddling drugs or selling fanyogo upandan.

Omoluabi

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by CaptainGOOD: 6:59am On May 17, 2017
Nice
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Nobody: 9:43am On May 17, 2017
Err this is good but did she take note that most of these apps require background data and Nigerians HATE that ish grin grin

Also how technologically advanced are the kids she's building these for? Can a 9 year old fully understand android usage

All the same, welcome development.

At that age, my priority was stealing meat without being caught embarassed sad grin

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by teelaw4life(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2017
This is what should be coming out of naija.

1 Like

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by PearlStreet(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2017
Jasmin Ogunnubi developed an app to help lost children.

She wants to put baby factory developers and kidnappers out of business?

If only this app was available in Bayelsa, Tochukwu would not have developed that girl for money rituals.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by FemiEddy(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2017
Wonderful
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Nobody: 10:31am On May 17, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Nobody: 10:31am On May 17, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Beejay1117(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2017
interesting

meanwhile, some problematic people were busy giving us back to back update on every pin that dropped in their jamb

LET AFONJAS CONTINUE TO RULE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by wakes: 10:32am On May 17, 2017
wow!
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Holyfield1(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2017
Why is it that every generation of Afonja must be in the news for one good thing or the other
Dem take good news swear for una
Can't you just imitate your flat headed, ogbono eating developers?
Ahhnn

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by jBama(f): 10:33am On May 17, 2017
This Is nice
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by annexworld(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2017
Nice one
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by kullozone(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2017
Nice.
While some 12yr olds are currently learning and aspiring to be the next popular slay queen.

4 Likes

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by sammyuche(m): 10:34am On May 17, 2017
This is awesome. Great things await us if coding is integrated in our early schooling system. Mark of Facebook has emphasized on this a lot
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Nobody: 10:35am On May 17, 2017
Greatness!
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Oluwasegun664(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2017
Afonja doing great

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by dingbang(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2017
Okay
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Pavore9: 10:36am On May 17, 2017
Positive use of technology.

1 Like

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Pavore9: 10:36am On May 17, 2017
Oluwasegun664:
Afonja doing great
Do rest from tribal colouring, no one gets a Nobel Prize for it. Celebrate a young mind!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by sanbells(f): 10:36am On May 17, 2017
. Err this is good but did she take note that most of these apps require background data and Nigerians HATE that ish grin grin

Also how technologically advanced are the kids she's building these for? Can a 9 year old fully understand android usage

All the same, welcome development.

At that age, my priority was stealing meat without being caught embarassed sad grin[/quote]Nowadays even five year olds can operate an IPhone. Talking from experience, it really shocked me
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Victornezzar: 10:37am On May 17, 2017
chijioke0066:
Wondering if it is possible ?
Why not call or WhatsApp the number in the picture
To partake
Bro na ur junior dey create app
u dey here dey disturb us with dis rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Nobody: 10:37am On May 17, 2017
VivianUdeogu:
Tomisin Ogunnbi, daughter of Yinka Ogunnubi. She has developed an app at the age of twelve !?

As an Igbo girl, I must confess that all Yoruba children are potential genius.
You must be a fool. who asked you? . smh

1 Like

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Donnyboy(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2017
Please guys check out the trailer of My Short film BORDER... I Shot it with a phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay2W82ii2-o&itct=CAoQpDAYASITCKbr5a2n3NMCFZ6QVQod%3D%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? / Caption This Picture Of A Lion And Bulls / Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.