Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

How Can Fresh Graduates Access Research Grants In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can Fresh Graduates Access Research Grants In Nigeria? (695 Views)

Nigerian Lecturers Spend Tetfund Research Grants On Cars, Houses – Tetfund / Two Unilag Scholars Attract £1,200,000 Research Grants / University Lecturers Use Research Grants To Buy Cars, Build Mansions, Drink Beer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Fresh Graduates Access Research Grants In Nigeria? by Cekpo34(m): 11:50pm On May 16, 2017
Hello Nairalanders!

As a 'fresh' graduate with a strong passion for research and scholarship, I was among the very few who before defending their thesis, had published three (3) articles on Int'l reputable journals and had presented a well-researched paper in a conference.

This, incontrovertibly, is a feat but such an achievement remains a shared glory for pecuniary challenges had culminated in me 'co-authoring' such with my professors who were interested and buoyant enough to settle the publication charge.

I wouldn't mine continuing the partnership but as a graduate, the hitherto scenario is strained by the challenges of frequency and proximity to my lecturers hence, the aim of this post.

I therefore call on the scholars in the house to share their experiences on how they navigated through situations like this; and also the available links where fresh graduates who are "hungry and thirsty" for scholarship can access grants to aid the publication of their findings.

Thank you!

Ishilove lalasticlala Mynd44 seun et al
Re: How Can Fresh Graduates Access Research Grants In Nigeria? by calculator123(m): 11:55pm On May 16, 2017
grabs chair.. wow... #here to learn
Re: How Can Fresh Graduates Access Research Grants In Nigeria? by sunnyeinstein(m): 1:56am On May 17, 2017
@op, giv me link to 1 or 2 of ur articles to see the "intl journal" you're hyping before we start discussing/sharing ideas
Re: How Can Fresh Graduates Access Research Grants In Nigeria? by Cekpo34(m): 6:25am On May 17, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

@op, giv me link to 1 or 2 of ur articles to see the "intl journal" you're hyping before we start discussing/sharing ideas

http://ijssh.ielas.org/index.php/ijssh/article/download/9/pdf

http://www.arpgweb.com/pdf-files/jssr2(cool152-158.pdf

I'm the corresponding author
Re: How Can Fresh Graduates Access Research Grants In Nigeria? by Cekpo34(m): 8:29pm On May 17, 2017
In a nation where threads like these are ignored by forum admins for threads on gossips and speculations, one needs no magician to predict the future of education and scholarship. It's no coincidence that JAMB has become a Herculean task to perform while reading and research culture is perpetually vanishing.

Lalasticlala answer my questions or take the thread to where I can get answers, please!
Re: How Can Fresh Graduates Access Research Grants In Nigeria? by calculator123(m): 12:43pm On May 18, 2017
as

(1) (Reply)

Jamb CCTV Is A Failure / chi / Correction Of Waec GCE Date Of Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.