Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen (62672 Views)

Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time / A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Mac2016(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2017
Why abuse and haul invective at this woman for baring it the way she observed it? Let's all change and create a better Nigeria. It is so sad that we have become "threatened specie" the world over from xenophobic attack in South Africa to India even to our neighbor Ghana. It is a habit of many Nigerians to never want to "cook" but want to "eat", not wanting to manufacture but use, not wanting to build but import, not wanting processes and procedures but craving for miracles, not ready to take responsibility for our actions instead call on God to fix it as if God fixed America, China and Sweden with 80% of her population as atheists. Let us start from feeding ourselves...Let us build MotherNigeria.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by wristbangle: 10:05am On May 17, 2017
Amberon:
This guy is not lying at all. While I lived in eastern Europe, I got to understand these things more. I met some guys who were internet scammers. All their Nigerian friends who lived there (and i mean all with the exception of none) were internet scammers too. Eventually one got arrested (he's probably still in jail now) and several others fled the country for fear of being arrested too. One ran to Ghana after he was caught withdrawing money from western union with fake documents. He was under strict investigation and fled the country using a fake passport (which is another crime). Apparently he would create fake bank websites that are identical to the original websites. Imputing your credit card details in those websites would result in him getting all your information and subsequently he would "wire" out every penny you have. I also got to know that they did a lot of online shopping with stolen cards.

We shouldn't play the"racism card". The op is 100% correct. This op isn't exaggerating at all. Nigerians have also destroyed the reputation of Malaysia. A cyber cafe was busted in Lagos for habiting fraudsters and the locals all came out to support the fraudsters.

We don't need to lie to ourselves, the op isn't saying that EVERY Nigerian is bad, he is simply saying that an overwhelming majority of us are bad and that is the gospel truth if we mean to be truthful to ourselves. Look around and you'll find that several of your colleagues steal office property when the opportunity arises.

Well said bro

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:06am On May 17, 2017
At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, I kinda agree with the Lindsay person and the other Nigerian guy that wrote an epistle. Go to the banks, we can't maintain ordinary queue! On the road n ko? Most people are in a hurry going to nowhere in particular. Even an ordinary sales girl in a small store is looking for a way to steal from her boss' small money!

Not all Nigerians are corrupt, lazy, dubious and inherently bad, but let's be real, an extremely large percentage exhibit the traits. It breaks my heart when I see articles like these where they generalize, but I think it's about time we start changing our orientation as Nigerians. If most people in the world think we are bad, doesn't that show that something is wrong somewhere? The change begins with us as individuals.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by LegitBoy(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

I think its a "he". I also think this was informed by racism and hate more than anything else. There are too many generalisations. There are bad eggs in Nigeria, no doubts about that, but to say ALL NIGERIANS are like that? That's an overstretching of falsity!
Let's call a spade a spade. Nigeria is a f*cked country, covering it isn't patrotism and we can't really blame these foreigners for this fallacious generalisation. Myself for example if I should hear of an Afghan or Iraqi citizen, first thing that will come to my mind 8s terrorism and this doesn't mean all of them are terrorists it is just what we have been known for. Nigerians are even disgracing the whole of Africa as a whole,Corrupt government at all levels , greedy youths. This is no racism.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by SQMrProducer(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2017
Some of what the blogger said is true about Nigerians but I think Americans are more evil than Nigerians. I watch a lot of Investigation Discovery on Dstv and I can boldly say that Nigerians are better than Americans

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by exlinkleads(f): 10:08am On May 17, 2017
why i hate US citizens

all of them lie like fish
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by adanny01(m): 10:08am On May 17, 2017
I figure 50% of population of Nairobi wakes up every morning and thinks, “Who can I rip off today?”

This was the part that got me cracking with laughter.

14 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by banmee(m): 10:08am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

But he is generalising. The truth is that people that give Nigeria bad images are in the minority, contrary to what many think. For every internet fraudster, there are hundreds of honest Nigerians!

Minority you say. Ok. I don't think you understand the country you live in. Are we not talking about a country where a policeman can stand confidently in public and collect, nay, demand bribe in full view of the world and nothing happens? Try that shiit in Germany, the U.S, France etc and see what happens to you. You will spend a better part of you life behind bars. This culture can only exist if most Nigerians, if not all, are corrupt. This is a country where you are not respected unless you are a "sharp" guy which is why only criminals opt for public office. Guy, wake up. The OP knows knows what she/he is talking about.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:08am On May 17, 2017

10 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by sagerasaq: 10:09am On May 17, 2017
And i feel lyk Crying...
Its sad but the truth-...
Greed for Money , Power and fame lead us to this point...
Just so disappointing...
Yu cant even proudly say yu are a Nigerian outsyd d country

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:10am On May 17, 2017
I read this post two weeks ago.
Chai!

I missed my chance to make fp

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Spidermon: 10:10am On May 17, 2017
This article is painfully true.

Every point she raised in the article and those from that Nigerian's comment struck their target with precision.

Let's look at our local online shops for example...

Why was pay on delivery introduced? Nigerians didnt trust the shops because everybody na scammer.

Why was the pay on delivery method recently scrapped? The online shops were now getting fhucked on delivery.

In a country where hushpuppi is a motivational speaker and someone like Saraki is the highest law making official in the land and even commisioning anti-corruption books...

Nigeria is lost. Let us be brutally honest with ourselves.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by obonujoker(m): 10:11am On May 17, 2017
Stupid whites.... blacks only learnt from you...

As there been any black as wicked as these white goats.....

Hitler
Anton Lavey
Nietzsche
Aliester Crowley...
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:11am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

I think its a "he". I also think this was informed by racism and hate more than anything else. There are too many generalisations. There are bad eggs in Nigeria, no doubts about that, but to say ALL NIGERIANS are like that? That's an overstretching of falsity!

This is really annoying because I'm going through hell with all the ecommerce site too. Once you tell them you're a Nigerian, they ban you ban your IP immediately and some you won't even see Nigeria in their options

12 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ElsonMorali: 10:12am On May 17, 2017
B
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by banmee(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2017
SQMrProducer:
Some of what the blogger said is true about Nigerians but I think Americans are more evil than Nigerians. I watch a lot of Investigation Discovery on Dstv and I can boldly say that Nigerians are better than Americans

Lol. Keep telling yourself that so you can feel better. Smh.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:13am On May 17, 2017

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:14am On May 17, 2017
the issue is that he generalized to much... saying that 99% of nigerians are fraudsters is to far fetched.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by hahn(m): 10:15am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

But he is generalising. The truth is that people that give Nigeria bad images are in the minority, contrary to what many think. For every internet fraudster, there are hundreds of honest Nigerians!

What about parents that pay for "special centers" for their kids?

What about when you bribe a road official or police officer to just to be left alone?

What about when you drink pure water and throw the sachet out of your car window?

What about when you give someone an appointment for 9am but show up @ 3pm?

Bro, face reality in one way or the other we are corrupt and promote corruption

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by aolawale025: 10:16am On May 17, 2017
Lots of Nigerians are honest, hard-working people. Unfortunately their reputation has been tainted to a large extent by the 419 people. Once you step abroad, the green passport invites extra scrutiny, detention etc. Even a- times you pay for items and the cash you present are double checked for fakes! All manner of things meant to show you, you aren't to be trusted simply because of these yahoo people. And unfortunately within Nigeria itself, the Yahoo thing is seen almost as legitimate work. Except you get caught.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kaboninc(m): 10:18am On May 17, 2017
Come to the Business Section and see what Nigerians truly are.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by hahn(m): 10:18am On May 17, 2017
fallout87:
Why won't they say this? Since of these are racists who hate anything that isn't white, but some are saying the truth.

I was attacked in a thread for saying an Igbo woman shouldn't make fake gucci and versace shoes. They were mad at me because to them it is okay to make bootleg items.

With trash like that why wouldn't Nigeria be backward.

Exactly. I was irritated by the thread until I saw you post. Your comment was the only thing that made any sense

One way or the other we love to promote mediocrity, indiscipline and corruption

6 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Acidosis(m): 10:18am On May 17, 2017
The OP is 100% RIGHT.

the best way to die in Nigeria right now is to ask a Nigerian business man (real or fake) to manage a procurement (budget) department. 99% of Nigerians will steal from their employers and even pay tithe on such criminal proceeds..

You can't even open a shop in peace again...hire as many as you can, they will always look for a way to rob you. I used to have a neighbor that own a bar.. the guy's business shut down in the 4th month cos the women he employed sold the beers and pocketed the money.

I remember telling a friend back in the days to help me get a material.. He came back asking for N12k... I later discovered that same material was bought by him at N4500. That was the last time I spoke to him.

It is really a difficult task finding trustworthy Nigerians. It is worst in the cities, while we still have a few honest persons, majority are criminals, and unfortunately, the majority always find their ways to the sit of power - main reason Nigeria may never GROW forever.

Just few weeks ago, I made an attempt to contact a foreign site to learn more about a biz. What I found while still surfing the site shocked me. I had to bury the thought of going further to contact the admin.
With evil tendencies and capabilities of unfortunate souls like these, what does the future holds for us?

Nigerians will destroy Nigeria with their own hands. Blaming the whites for a collective crime majority commit is even stup!d to imagine. The last time I discussed the idea of a cyber cafe with someone, he told me to "settle" the police cos they always go after cyber cafe owners. He simply assumed I wanted one for yahoo biz. That's how criminal minded we are today.

Don't Nigerians marry for green cards?
Don't we steal from foreigners and locals with laptops?
Aren't we always looking for a way to rob "expatriates"? Put on a white skin and land in MMA, and everyone, including the airport taxi guy would begin to look for a way to "chop and clean mouth".

Truth is bitter, however, truth must be spoken!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by udemzyudex(m): 10:19am On May 17, 2017
Seajae:
Does she have a valid point or just looking for traffic on her blog?
Does she hate Nigeria, West Africa or the whole African continent? She gotta make up her darn mind.

Whatever she wrote up there is true, Nigeria case is worst, it is disheartening.

Nigeria is shit, Africa is shit, and the god that created this race is shit..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by DJInfluence: 10:20am On May 17, 2017
I agree with most, a lot of generalisation in the article. but guys, let us all be honest with ourselves. We are one terrible people. 80% of us are guilty of these things mentioned. We lie, we cheat, we take advantage. Hell just try to build a house and you will understand. The politicians arer not even better. The sooner we accept this and start to do something about it, the better the country image will get rather than attack the person writting this (because some of these things in the article is what most westerners think anyway).

10 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by hahn(m): 10:21am On May 17, 2017
Ishilove:
This is awkward... embarassed

An ignorant racist writes nonsense and some Nigerians are accepting it as gospel truth.

While we accept that Nigeria is a country bedevilled by corruption, this kind of generalisation has rendered the article nonsensical. How can you say 'every Nigerian is a scammer'? The most notorious scammers in history are Americans, Europeans and Asians. Every crook hiding in cyberspace can claim to be Nigerian because we already have a bad rep.

I dismissed the entire article when the silly writer inferred that Nairobi is in West Africa. I cannot take the thoughts of such an ignorant person seriously, whether black or white.

As for the Emmanuel who commented on the blog, he evidently belongs to that class of Nigerians in Diaspora who display their rock bottom self esteem and inferiority complex by being more American than the Americans.

Crap!

hahn:

What about parents that pay for "special centers" for their kids?

What about when you bribe a road official or police officer to just to be left alone?

What about when you drink pure water and throw the sachet out of your car window?

What about when you give someone an appointment for 9am but show up @ 3pm?

Bro, face reality in one way or the other we are corrupt and promote corruption

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Preetymi: 10:21am On May 17, 2017
I know of a police woman That her son is a yahoo guy and she is not doing anything abt it..d truth is that the police that are suppose to deal with them,also need some counseling and deliverance.cus once they see money their brain is not working any more.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by adanny01(m): 10:21am On May 17, 2017
banmee:

Minority you say. Ok. I don't think you understand the country you live in. Are we not talking about a country where a policeman can stand confidently in public and collect, nay, demand bribe in full view of the world and nothing happens? Try that shiit in Germany, the U.S, France etc and see what happens to you. You will spend a better part of you life behind bars. This culture can only exist if most Nigerians, if not all, are corrupt. This is a country where you are not respected unless you are a "sharp" guy which is why only criminasl opt for public office. Guy, wake up. The OP knows knows what she/he is talking about.

As sad as the entire article is, i couldn't deny any even if some parts were over exaggerated.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by sirusX(m): 10:24am On May 17, 2017
mykelmeezy:
most time i dont blame such people​

tho over generalized but there is a huge atom of truth in it

Nigerians only like to get offended when others(non Nigerians) say the truth...thats the only time we r united

but with the afonjeezys renowned in cybercrime and our ipod developers and our robot habokis

Nigeria has become a laughing stock among nations

sadly its the middle n lower class that feels the effect

mind you every Nigerian is racist one way or another (cutting across skin color, religion,weight/fat-shaming , NCAN-ism ) etc

Your words made sense till you got here (the bolded)

You don't have to generalize too...as not everyone is into seeing a difference where there is none

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

The Face Of The Thief Electrocuted By Barbed Wire in Kogi (Photos) / 42-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping A 32-Year-Old Woman In Ogun / Ruth Kamande, Beauty Queen Sentenced To Death In Kenya (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.