Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,083 members, 7,807,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation (1061 Views)

Biography Of Hannatu Mohammed ICPC Board Member, Born 1992, Did NYSC In 2016 / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by zik4ever: 7:30am On May 17, 2017
The office of the editorial board member of THISDAY Newspapers, Sonnie Ekwowusi, was at the weekend invaded by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), over a ‘Pro-Life, Pro-Family conference’ he is involved in, as well as a report condemning the sexualisation of school children in Nigeria.

After the invasion, Ekwowusi was invited to the DSS office in Shangisha, Lagos, yesterday for a follow-up interview.

Narrating his ordeal, he said: “Last Friday, the DSS invaded my office over a pro-life, pro-family conference I am involved in. They said they wanted to find out if the conference was registered.

“They invited me to their office yesterday. Recently, I wrote a series of articles condemning the sexualisation of school children in Nigeria.
“I guess the articles must have ruffled some feathers in high quarters. We will continue to pray for our country, Nigeria.”

On the allegations by the DSS, Ekwowusi said: “I got a call from one Peter asking me to come over to the DSS office at Shangisha in Lagos. When I told them I could’t make it, they sent some operatives to my office.
“They ransacked it and made away with some files. So yesterday, I went to their office and met the same Peter who told me he was dashing to somewhere and would have to re-invite me.

“What are the functions of the DSS? Can they dabble into conference matters? What has national security got to do with women’s rights which is what we are championing?

“From what I gathered from sources, a group of women petitioned the DSS about our forthcoming Pro-Life, Pro-Family conference, claiming that what we stand for is against their interest.

“Meanwhile, what our conference stands for is championing women and child’s rights. We have held it for five years and this year, it will take place at NIA, Victoria Island, Lagos.

“We have the conference in partnership with the Lagos State Government and the state House of Assembly. Our past conferences have helped the government to make laws on domestic violence.”
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/17/dss-invades-thisday-editorial-board-members-office-over-report-on-sexualisation-on-school-kids/
Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by Nobody: 7:31am On May 17, 2017
Space not for sale.... Space for FTC. Will comment on FP
Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by NwaObinkita: 7:32am On May 17, 2017
shocked
Na wa for this administration ooo

So a reporter can not report what he saw and live in peace again undecided

MEANWHILE

I dedicate my FTC to SmartChoices who forgot to use his FTC.
Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by sleazy5(m): 7:43am On May 17, 2017
Exactly. What are the functions of the SSS. Still trying to understand how a conference on pro-pro-life, women and children's right threaten national security? ??

2 Likes

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by IdeyFindWife: 7:49am On May 17, 2017
The DSS are good at Everything but the real tenets of their jobs.

Harrassing people all over cyberspace, tweeting stupidity upandan, displaying triggerHappy cock&fire brigandage all over is not the hallmarks of a "secret service"!

While we celebrate their successes, dem boys need to tone down on the furrkery and display the dignity associated with the Service for goodness sake.

All things starting to look like Communist China sef, this furrking zoo!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by psucc(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2017
The DSS has been abused. When the Lord God will turn away the captivity of Nigeria, we'll be like them that dream.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by Nobody: 7:57am On May 17, 2017
only in Nigeria.. someday we'll grow pass this.
Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by Nobody: 7:58am On May 17, 2017
No smoke without fire. Na only u dey hold conference?!
Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by Nobody: 8:00am On May 17, 2017
DSS has turned themselves into a nuisance

1 Like

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by DieBuhari: 8:02am On May 17, 2017
God punish Buhari for destroying the once respected DSS.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by DieBuhari: 8:03am On May 17, 2017
modelmike7:
No smoke without fire.
Na only u dey hold conference?!
Nonsense talk

1 Like

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by adadike281(f): 8:03am On May 17, 2017
we are in d second military rule of General Muhammad Buhari . may God help us l

1 Like

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by HottestFire: 8:08am On May 17, 2017
Imagine the same gender you are championing their cause are the same petitioning your purpose.

How can humans be satisfied?

1 Like

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by Nobody: 8:09am On May 17, 2017
DieBuhari:
Nonsense talk
This is one of the people that will dieb4Buhari.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by Funlord2(m): 8:19am On May 17, 2017
DieBuhari:
God punish Buhari for destroying the once respected DSS.

Go back to the romance section..your mates are not here!
Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by RZArecta(m): 8:19am On May 17, 2017
Buhari and his retinue of fools have turned our darling DSS into glorified agberos. I weep for Nigeria my country, pls pity the zombies who comment here, they're brain dead by default.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by bedspread: 9:14am On May 17, 2017
Dss again....... I never knew DSS existed from 1999- 2015...
Who be these guys sef?
Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by omiaruk: 10:59am On May 17, 2017
Funny
Re: DSS Invades THISDAY Editorial Board Member’s Office Over Report On Sexualisation by RZArecta(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2017
yourexcellency:
DSS has turned themselves into a nuisance
even Boy Scouts have more integrity than the DSS now

(1) (Reply)

Some Shocking Facts About The Cold War / Buhari Totally Healed After Pastor Adeboye Visited Him In London [video] / Why Baba Buhari Deserves Another Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.