Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies (16997 Views)

Man Gives Osinbajo Bread In Abuja, Breaches Security / FG Uncovers Fraud In 13 Revenue Generating Agencies / Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Baze1(m): 1:13pm On May 17, 2017
The Senate has issued a two-week ultimatum to acting President Yemi Osinbajo to ensure submission of the budgets of 31 public establishments, including the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and the Nigerian Ports Authority, to the National Assembly in line with the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution and the Fiscal Responsibility Act.

The Senate, following a motion by the Deputy Leader, Bala Na’Allah on Wednesday, also resolved that the concerned agencies should stop further spending pending compliance.

Many Senators, including Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu; Solomon Adeola, APC-Lagos; George Sekibo, PDP-Rivers; James Manager, PDP-Delta; Barnabas Gemade, APC-Benue, took swipe on the agencies for disregarding the law and spending “trillions”, in sum, without appropriation.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/231472-breaking-senate-gives-osinbajo-two-weeks-ultimatum-to-submit-budgets-of-revenue-generating-agencies.html

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Baze1(m): 1:14pm On May 17, 2017
Cc lalastical
Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by peteredo: 1:18pm On May 17, 2017
Ve senate presented dere budget

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 17, 2017
undecided
Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Kyase(m): 1:25pm On May 17, 2017
na by force?
Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by omenkaLives(m): 2:34pm On May 17, 2017
Simply because they managed to make theirs public this time.

I'm all for transparency and quite honestly I couldn't fault this call, but must add it is not an altruistic move but a vindictive and retaliatory one.

Would Saraki be so kind as to avail the public final copies of last year's NASS budget? We really would love to place that side by side this year's and make some comparisms.

I believe that isn't too much to ask.

But in the mean time, executive, handele, show us ya backa.

19 Likes

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by EzekaUdene: 3:27pm On May 17, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:

I'm all for transparency and quite honestly I couldn't fault this call, but must add it is not an altruistic move but a vindictive and retaliatory one.

Would Saraki be so kind as to avail the public final copies of last year's NASS budget? We really would love to place that side by side this year's and make some comparisms.

[/s]
Nonsense
Osibanjo is a vagabond

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:35pm On May 17, 2017
The Senate are a bunch of noise markers...they should be the first to submit their budget and expediture statement.

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by nextprince: 5:00pm On May 17, 2017
Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Basic123: 5:06pm On May 17, 2017
EzekaUdene:
[s][/s]
Nonsense
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Another lost sheep ,sorry children of jew to southeast Nigeria on the loose.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by wailersarefools: 5:13pm On May 17, 2017
[s]
EzekaUdene:

Nonsense
Osibanjo is a vagabond
[/s]
Shatap there. Igbos are foolish illiterates. kanu and Ojukwu are donkeys. Bianca is a confirmed prostitute. ffk is greater than Ojukwu, Kanu, zik and all Igbos touts.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by tollyboy5(m): 5:39pm On May 17, 2017
Basic123:
Another lost sheep ,sorry children of jew to southeast Nigeria on the loose.
IT IS LOST GOAT NOT SHEEP

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by tollyboy5(m): 5:41pm On May 17, 2017
omenkaLives:

Osibanjo need to go through it carefully

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by azerbaijanbase: 5:42pm On May 17, 2017
wailersarefools:
[s][/s]
Shatap there. Igbos are foolish illiterates. kanu and Ojukwu are donkeys. Bianca is a confirmed prostitute. ffk is greater than Ojukwu, Kanu, zik and all Igbos touts.
e pain am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Basic123: 5:43pm On May 17, 2017
tollyboy5:
IT IS LOST GOAT NOT SHEEP
lolz...or DOG

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Built2last: 6:01pm On May 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 17, 2017
EzekaUdene:
[s][/s]
shatap there and get out and rot in hades

kiss the truth
EzekaUdene:
[s][/s]
Nonsense
Osibanjo is a vagabond

This guy u funny gan oooo! If Osinbajo is a vagabond. Then Kanu is what?
A cow and a nonetity, That's the simple and hard truth and I have kissed it!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by leofab(f): 6:50pm On May 17, 2017
Long overdue.
Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Jesusloveyou: 6:51pm On May 17, 2017
Both the Senate and the concern agencies are Ipods. They are the enemies of Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 17, 2017
EzekaUdene:
[s][/s] kanu is greater than oduduwa itself Buhari is a terrorist apc is bokoharam Tinubu is a bastard Osibanjo is a vagabond awolowo is a rat poison king abiola of cursed memory is a rifraf kiss the truth
What are you saying?
But I have kissed the truth grin are you fine now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by EzekaUdene: 7:42pm On May 17, 2017
OrestesDante:

What are you saying?

But I have kissed the truth grin are you fine now?
ok
Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by veekid(m): 7:47pm On May 17, 2017
Noise makers

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Oildichotomy(m): 7:47pm On May 17, 2017
The Senate swallowed their pride and made public some snippets of their budget and I expect the executive to do same. It is a no-brainer really.

They should not wait for ultimatums to do what any seemingly touted corrupt-free government should have done. The fact that they are reminded to submit their budget details punch more holes to the charade called corrupt fight.

They should strengthen institutions and make them accountable and not jump into the media bandwagon of screaming corruption cases that they can't substantiate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Howmon: 7:47pm On May 17, 2017
since vegetable is not around, the amiable olukambi lan ke si

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 17, 2017
Is it true Lai Mohammed said cabals will not allow Osinbajo sign budget?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Politicians In Nigeria And Their Net Worth / Zamfara Governor Matawalle To Join APC On June 12 - Premium Times / Alake: Obi's Supporters Are Not Committed, Elections Not Won On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.