Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:39 AM

Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please (2404 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Moving To Norway Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 1:18am On Jan 13, 2010
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 13, 2010
where in Norway are you going to? Oslo?
if the answer to that question is yes then i guess you should try hanging out in Grünerløkka. its a neighborhood which was full of foreigners(including our 9ja brothas) back a few yrs ago when i lived there (dont know if it still is)

you also could go and hang around OSLO S train station, and catch one of our 9ja sisters in the street(if they are still there) and ask them for some hook ups. at your own risks and perils.

what i will suggest is to try to meet Norwegians instead and try to immerse yourself in their culture, know the locals and their way of life.
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 9:27am On Jan 13, 2010
moreso,thanks for the info.
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 9:28am On Jan 13, 2010
i mean.
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
what i mean by that is THEY ARE ASHAWOS(they use to work their trade close to the train station) . . . . . . . . the sistas are walking the streets looking for customers so, probably, the people she will hook you up with are in the same line of work as hers(pimps, ashawos, drug dealers, cons etc).

i doubt she will introduce you to people who have no idea of her line of work or dont know what she is doing (family,close friends)

you definitely need to learn the language and going to school is the easiest way to do it. dont try the "i will learn in the street" approach. the faster you speak the language, the more opportunities you will get to discover the REAL Norway.

ps: "jeg snakker norsk ogsa, norge er et fint land. jeg elsker norske kvinner veldig mye!!!!!"
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by hadexman(m): 2:49am On Jan 14, 2010
newmusic:

I will be going to norway.
hooking up with sisters at my own risk?
is it illegal?

moreso,thanks for the info.

Forget countryman, they might be dangerous especially when you meet them abroad. Just as MrBrown said, mix up with Citizens, that way you will learn about their culture and most especially the language.

Good luck! smiley
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 9:45pm On Jan 14, 2010
Thanks you all,good to hear they are friendly people.
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2010
newmusic:

Thanks you all,good to hear they are friendly people.
i am already in contact with a school,but they want me to understand the language before i can register and commence with the course.
but now i am going on tour first.
i could as well learn the language with my visiting visathats possible?

i am sure you will understand  that if you are going for a course that is taught in Norwegian then you need some way to understand what the teacher is saying.

there are tons of language schools in Oslo that will be glad to take you on and teach you Norsk. tourist visa or otherwise. . . . . . .
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2010
Norway,good people and cool country but having gone through some information about the place,i observe it is the most expensive place
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2010
newmusic:

mr brownjay,
i observe you are well informed about life in Europe.
i am doing fine here actually but i just want to travel to improve my life though not to overstay the 90days.
i am actually interested in Norway,good people and cool country but having gone through some information about the place,i observe it is the most expensive place in the world which is not good for me as a tourist.
i mean i will not catch my fun to the fullest.

And the school now are asking equivalent of 10,000usd for one year and my course is 2 years.
Let alone living expenses.
Schools in Norway and other Scandinavia is free but i am doing a professional course in film and video editing may be that is why i will have to pay.
In short it is too expensive for me.

can you advise me on which other schengen region i can travel to.
Low racism,low living expenses and accomodating for Nigerians,blacks in general a place where there will be opportunities.
To search for school there will not be a problem though.

I am on my own so i have to be careful in my sojourn.

Thanks and God Bless.

well i am a little confuse about your post. first you say that you dont want to overstay your 90days tourist visa and then you talk about being there 2 yrs for your course. so which one is it?

as for countries in Europe where to do your course, i can only say that wherever you go, it will be somehow pricey.
there is no such thing as a safe country for a foreigner to study, all of them have goods and bads and you might stay in a place and have NO problem while the next guys will have trouble from the get go. open your mind and go into this venture with a positive thinking.

if you are looking for a cheap film/video editing course in a cheap country then i suggest you look at east European countries like Latvia, Estonia, Belarus,Czech Rep, Poland etc but then again, holding a British/Norwegian degree would look better than holding a Czech/Polish one(depending on which school you go to of course)

i will suggest you also look at countries like Sweden, Finland, Denmark and even Iceland but also Latvia, Belarus etc

are you afraid of racism? there is racism in 9ja, people fighting each other in the name of religio or ethnic background and YOU want to go to a place where there aint racism?! it will never happen! there are racist everywhere around the world, accept it and live with it.

as for countries "accomodating for blacks", this is something i dont really understand as there is no place in the world where its NOT accomodating for blacks. act right, dont put yourself in situation that you wouldnt put yourself in 9ja, stay on the right side of the law, abide by the country's law and everything will be fine.
if you expect a silver platter to be handed to you then you are dreaming, nothing is easy in life and you will have to work hard for what you are hoping to get.

ps: remember that it all comes back down to learning the language before you can study in any of these places (unless you go to the UK)
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2010
I dont like uk,but dublin is ok anyway.

i just prefer the schengen cause there will be many options.

Stay Blesses
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2010
Lest i forget,i will not be looking for job
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by olubunmi80: 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2010
hello mr brown ,
pl i would like more info abt getting norway student permit , i have just applied to university of bergen and im awaiting their response, apart from the Nok 87,600 subsistence fee, wht other things do i need to do to ensure i get the permit?
thnks
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2010
google,you will get everything you need.

mrbrownjay,i hail thee!!!
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by olubunmi80: 10:56am On Jan 28, 2010
mr brown jay hello, pls can u respond to m y post i can see u re online. would appreciate it
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2010
Olubunmi,you can get everything you need to know about the permit in Google,except if you want to know about Nigerians and how they run things over there.

mrbrownjay,pls help a brother,
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2010
olubunmi80:

hello mr brown ,
pl i would like more info abt getting norway student permit , i have just applied to university of bergen and im awaiting their response, apart from the Nok 87,600 subsistence fee, wht other things do i need to do to ensure i get the permit?
thnks

olubunmi80:

mr brown jay hello, pls can u respond to m y post i can see u re online. would appreciate it

hey man i have absolutely no idea what paper are needed. for this info you should probably ask a student who applied for the visa like Mobuch.

i saw that you posted that same question on the RELEVANT thread and maybe Mobuch can assist you with that question since he has gotten a norwegian student visa. also on that thread you will find plenty of links for info etc.
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by suxes2005(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2010
check norway website and see their
requirements.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by Tcrack(m): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2010
norway ke? i hear there is lots of money (opportunities) there but cant stand the cold.i used to live with a norwawgian guy.he moved to rio because he could bear the cold and the boredom. goodluck guys.
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2010
Tcrack:

norway ke? i hear there is lots of money (opportunities) there but cant stand the cold.i used to live with a norwawgian guy.he moved to rio because he could bear the cold and the boredom. goodluck guys.

yeah man i was living in Norway and the cold is brutal but boredom?! hell no!!!
it all depends on which city you live in. . . . . . .  maybe he was from a boring city but Oslo is the BOMB!!!!

by the way, you in Rio man?! did you get carnaval ticket yet?!
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
But the Norwegians believe Bergen is better than Oslo.
How true is that?
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2010
newmusic:

But the Norwegian believe Bergen is better than Oslo.
How through is that?

i wouldnt know about that.
i dont know much about Bergen (biggest city after Oslo), been there twice and i didnt feel anything special there, just bunch of tourists all over the place.

i was living in both Oslo and Trondheim(3rd biggest city), the university of science and technology is located there.
there are tons of students from all over the country living in Trondheim so the city is groovy too but the fact that its up north makes it a little cold during the winter and probably not favorable with the local.

i would say that probably Norwegian would prefer Bergen because its down south and therefore the weather might be a lil better in the summer.
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by newmusic: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
sorry for my typographic error jare.

i will find out about the 3 places if possible sha.

thanks
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by suxes2005(m): 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2010
So,

Who is gonna gimme i.v. down to Norway?

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by olugabsy: 9:53am On Mar 24, 2010
Anyone that has contact of anyone resident in Norway should kindly get in touch with me as soon as possible.I want to travel there this weekend,and want someone that could guide me while there,as per cheap accommodation,etc.
Thanks to you all.
olugabsy(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by Rothstein: 11:16am On Mar 24, 2010
@Newmusic,u are lucky,pls how did u get ur invitation letter to norway,thanks
Re: Travelling To Norway: Urgent Please by olugabsy: 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2010
Rothstein,i can help you arrange with an agent to get you the IV.But you have to contact me through email.
olugabsy(at)yahoo(dot)com

(1) (Reply)

Dv 2012 Applicants Interview / Hold Up At Jakande Round About, Lekki Lagos / Meet The First Humans To Walk On Top Of The Famous Zuma Rock (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.