Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,730 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures (25800 Views)

Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 / Boss Mustapha: Profile Of The Secretary To Government Of The Federation (SGF) / This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by wristbangle: 6:42pm On May 17, 2017
hehehehe , tell obiano to fix the road. Afterall you are his paid agent.

2 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by leofab(f): 6:42pm On May 17, 2017
Elections are around.. expect quick response..
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Oluwacephas(m): 6:42pm On May 17, 2017
viviangist:
@VIVIANGIST

The students of Nnamdi Azikiwe University have called on the government for rescue as the 24-hour busy Ifite road that leads to the school is now officially a death trap!!

The road which draws its terminal from the popular Aroma Junction Awka was submerged by flood yesterday as the early morning heavy rain which woke the residents lasted for five solid hours unstopped. As the contumacious rain sustained its tempo, and even aggravated, the naïve students, lecturers, motorists and other road users who had waited endlessly were seen dangling and staggering in the pool of flood.

Some Keke (tricycle), motorcycles and school shuttles were submerged and abandoned in the pool of flood as they could not scare through the augmenting huddle, while some students had there well-pressed trousers saturated and even stained when they wanted to take it by force.

Governor Willie Obiano had earlier on 25th June 2016 promised to improve the condition of the deplorable and shabby road and to beautify it with solar street lights, during one of his visits to the school where he joined the management and the students in the 'end-of-month' usual sanitation exercise at the filthy Ifite school gate. Work had already begun, but the contractor handling the road was said to be very sluggish which made him delay the work till the surprise arrival of the rainy season.

Reacting to the ugly situation, the Speaker of the school's Students Assembly, the legislative arm of the Students Union Government, Hon. Uchechukwu Okwuchukwu decried the sluggish tempo with which the work is being handled, and called on the the said contractor handling the work to speed up his pace in order to avert the students the negative side of the rainy season, which will soon arrive in it's main form!

Hon. Uche said: "They should do us good by speeding up the pace of the work and ensure its completion before the full arrival of the rainy season"

Students and the management of the school hereby call on the government to rush to their rescue and save the road from the impending doom, as the main rainy season is yet to arrive.

The road connects Ifite, Commissioner Quarters, Unizik Perm-Site school gate, Agu Awka, Amaenyi and other villages in the Awka metropolis.

SOURCE - http://www.viviangist.net/unizik-students-cry-to-government-as-ifite-road-becomes-a-death-trap-pictures

Credit - Izunna Okafor

CC - Lalasticlala
Welcome to Venice

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by EzekaUdene: 6:43pm On May 17, 2017
[s]
raker300:
the road is already being worked on...its jst slow coming
[/s]
tell the damn governor to speed up the work and stop being a bloody sycophant

nonsense

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by K9Uneet(m): 6:43pm On May 17, 2017
Ifite road don cast finish. This road wey smooth that year.
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Jabioro: 6:43pm On May 17, 2017
Cha! Your governor is in Lagos negotiating how to developed part of another man's land ...we are still enjoying their 60% contribution, please endure it while it last

2 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by cifo1145(m): 6:45pm On May 17, 2017
Splinz:
They are crying in vain. The Nigerian governments are known to be deaf and unresponsive. sad

Point of correction People in the Nigerian Government is deaf and heartless
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by deomelo: 6:47pm On May 17, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5332605_unizik1_jpega10b70f55bf5c8035a0aeb3b1725c86f

lol @ chest beaters and their river Niger road and brown roof

grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by mamachizzy(f): 6:48pm On May 17, 2017
please ooo is this b4 school gate or after school gate
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by OkoNDOoBo: 6:56pm On May 17, 2017
awka a glorified village from potopoto republic.

8 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by mrolive: 6:58pm On May 17, 2017
thank God say una don sèe the road that has spoilt all my shoes....

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by delishpot: 7:00pm On May 17, 2017
If it doesn't lead to their or their sugar girl's home, it doesn't lead to their love nests, it doesn't lead to the place where they share the national cake........They don't care!

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by awoo47: 7:00pm On May 17, 2017
Yet dey say Southwest has brown roof or am i seeing double cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 17, 2017
Wow see colorful roofs everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by malton: 7:08pm On May 17, 2017
For the chance to not ply that road again, I give thanks everyday.

The road is that bad. I won't forget the experience easily.

Madonna Hostel to Miracle Junction is one death trap.

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 17, 2017
what?! shocked do humans live in this condition ? it will be cruel to even let Animals live in this condition let alone humans.
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by condomuser: 7:18pm On May 17, 2017
And someone has been telling me to come and buy two plots of Land near this Ifite at 15m sad
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by orizucj(m): 7:18pm On May 17, 2017
What I experienced here last week eh, devil punish me I go enter bike. It wasn't like this during my time. See Okey shop wey I de buy bread that year dey look like a shop in Venice grin

BTW na only one caterpillar I see for that road and one black tank. Chaiii deputy governor na unizik staff ooh..
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by speeder(m): 7:25pm On May 17, 2017
CliffordOrji:
Wait o. Is UNIZIK not in Anambra State? I thought some paid obiano political jobbers often tell us that all the roads in Anambra state are tarred with gold. So why are they calling on the federal government to repair a road that has supposedly been tarred with marbles by obiano?

We Igbos need to start telling ourselves in truth. We Igbos should stop deceiving ourselves and face the reality of the extreme underdevelpoment in Alaigbo
Better keep shut. You just typed this for likes or what? Who have you heard say all the roads in Anambra is tarred? The government is trying and I believe if this news reaches Obiano's ears, he'll act on it. You were very stupid on this one.

3 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 17, 2017
nony43:
During Obi's tenure that road was fixed but the thing is more students have started living in that ifitte leaving Temp site, Obiano should better work that road oo, Cos fine babes too plenty for ifitte
u call what Obi did fix? Dat road is the worst road ever done in the history Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by godquality: 7:25pm On May 17, 2017
The road is in a deplorable state i must say. But i don't see the death trap. Maybe someone with a 4k Display can show me if they see the death trap.

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by DonCortino: 7:31pm On May 17, 2017
Splinz:
They are crying in vain. The Nigerian governments are known to be deaf and unresponsive. sad
na so!
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Ned4delux(m): 7:33pm On May 17, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
True word Awka don cast.
That Ifite Road has a very bad history.
Seajae:
Awka dun cast. Jee juo Bosalin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:34pm On May 17, 2017
This popular road which leads to main campus of the University, there was no provision for drainage, gov Obiano has commenced work on Ifite road, mind you we're in raining season and working in going on there.

Op posted old pictures this is new pics of the same road

4 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Seajae: 7:38pm On May 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

Kedu ebe that guy no sef?
Bleep if I know lol. Him suppose dun grad na.
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:38pm On May 17, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:
Awka Better than all the states capitals in Afonja land

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by AmericanQuarter: 7:39pm On May 17, 2017
post=56617196:
This popular road which leads to main campus of the University, there was no provision for drainage, gov Obiano has commenced work on Ifite road, mind you we're in raining season and working in going on there.

Op posted old pictures this is new pics of the same road

Thank you for this clarification. Seun mynd44 lalasticlala always verify anything before placing it on this board. All these bloggers can do anything for traffic. Please ban the OP and delete this mischievous thread meant to misinform the people. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 17, 2017
Over to the children of potopoto republic.
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:45pm On May 17, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:
Awka better than your backward cities

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Shugadpuna: 7:46pm On May 17, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Now they're begging government.

when you were claiming boss, because their hostel get tiles for ceiling.

you beg government!

shut up! and come to TEMP-SITE!
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by Shugadpuna: 7:46pm On May 17, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Now they're begging government.

when you were claiming boss, because their hostel get tiles for ceiling.

you beg government!

shut up! and come to TEMP-SITE!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Pained?
Re: Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures by ZelibeKristien: 7:48pm On May 17, 2017
See brown roof everywhere. Lmaoooo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Daughter Berated For “Attacking” Her Mother's Critic / Angry Youths Shut Afam Power Station, Throw Rivers Into Darkness / Anambra Guber: IPOB Declares Sit-At-Home On Election Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.