Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) (1505 Views)

MTN Nigeria Annual General Meeting In Pictures / The Secrets Of Mtn Night Plan / My Review Of Mtn Data Plans! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by bishopkay: 6:15pm On May 17, 2017
Good day House. Mtn just ripped me off my data. They said I used up 1.5data in 24 hours for facebook and nairaland.

I subscribed may 15th at about 11 am. I had a 50mb bonus on my phone from the vtu recharge I made that was still very active then even before I subscribed. At about past 2 pm yesterday 16th may, I was sent an SMS that my data was exhausted and my access suspended. I initially thought it was my 50mb bonus that just got finished so I went to dial *131# to confirm only to see the shocker there that my data was gone. Now let's lay down the facts

1. I use data but I've never used up 1.5gb in less than a week before. This includes streaming of YouTube tutorials ooo and tethering to my laptop.
2. Since 1.5 GB wasn't lasting me again like before, I had to start subscribing 3.5gb at 2k. Which lasted me last for about 3 weeks with streaming and tethering.
3. Now I didn't even stream any video nor did I carry out any downloads; I didn't even tether to my laptop. I only accessed facebook, nairaland and some few sites within this time frame when Mtn fraudulently stole and zapped my data.

So I called their customer care and they suddenly couldn't access the portal where they could check my data usage. Even when I went to their office; they told me the same thing.

I waited till night then called again and this time, they could access the portal. Guess what the lady or one of their robots on the phone said. She said and I quote "you used high data volume between yesterday (being the day I subscribed) and today 8 am when the data got exhausted". When I probed to know the "high data volume" applications I used, she suddenly went mute as it became obvious she was reading that rhetoric from a computer screen. Because I have been made to understand they can to a great extent tell you how you spent your data.

Now they were so dumb that they couldn't even perfect the steal. To prove they are lying, my data access got suspended at about past 2 pm yesterday and not even 8 am their "robot" said. Also my people please help me ask... Since when did facebook become a high data consuming app? Since when did nairaland become a high data consuming app? Since when did Google Search become a high data consuming app? That can finish 1.535gb in 24 hours?

I have normally let their many excesses and high handedness and thievery slide but this particular one, I won't let it slide. The 1k is very small money to me but what if it had been my last? What if it was the only hope I had to the outside world?

What I've promised myself to do is launch a major social media campaign against them and totally boycott them while advising my colleagues and friends to do same except they either return my data or explain to me the "high data volume " applications I used.

The phone number where the data was stolen from is 09038356342 please if you also know where or how I can report then to the NCC please help a brother. If you can, forward same. Thanks

#MTNReturnMyData

Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: Dominique
Cc: ishilove
Cc: Seun
Cc: mynd44

Modified: I just received a call from Mtn and they finally broke down my "high data volume" application.

Turns out my iCloud that had never been active once suddenly backed up it self.

Thanks for the intervention and please you guys should at least give your call agents access to some of these information than telling me I used "high data volume" apps. Peace!!
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 17, 2017
I noticed that too, i subscribed for the 1k 1.5, i used manga panda to read some comic for like 2-3 hours, usaully when i do dis during the weekends with airtel, i usually consume 300mb-410mb in dat time frame.

As i was enjoying my comics, MTN just flash one useless message, You have only 756mb of data remaining, i was like Huh?!!

so i stopped, off my data till d next day, i was watching dis awesome korean Hell match on you tube( mind you, na just 7 mins video woh). i got a another flash, i got less than half that amount.
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by gblaizzz: 6:54pm On May 17, 2017
i had that same issue with them...i subscribed for their 1k bundle three times and each of them never lasted up to 24hrs...that is day light robbery!
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by sigiligifanga: 7:00pm On May 17, 2017
I don't know what is wrong with pple like u. If u never do to use andriod phone why not just use a small java phone. You use a high end phone and expect ur data usage to be low. There are many things u r ignorant about. Your own is just to browse. The agents you call dumb have limit to the information they can access from there end, so its not their fault that they can't gv you the info on data usage.
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by bishopkay: 7:24pm On May 17, 2017
sigiligifanga:
I don't know what is wrong with pple like u. If u never do to use andriod phone why not just use a small java phone. You use a high end phone and expect ur data usage to be low. There are many things u r ignorant about. Your own is just to browse. The agents you call dumb have limit to the information they can access from there end, so its not their fault that they can't gv you the info on data usage.

Please don't even let me take out my bile on you please! What phones and how many have you used in your life? Do you think I started learning the ropes of android today? So you don't think I'd know what I used my data for or how I used it?

Did you read up there where I said I normally consume same volume in 2 weeks doing all activities I didn't use this one that got finished in 24hrs for?

If you are honest with yourself and not trying to justify your salary at MTN, is nairaland a high data consumption site, using facebook on chrome is it a high data consuming activity? Putting my phone ON CHARGE and going to bed is also now a high data consumption activity abi?

Please oga I know you even use up 10GB data in a day with your "powerful android phone " this thread isn't for you. Please swerve. Thanks

I also didn't see where I called their customer care agents dumb. I called the company dumb cos they couldn't even perfect the steal with the different information they were giving me( customer agent and SMS alert)

2 Likes

Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by sigiligifanga: 7:52pm On May 17, 2017
bishopkay:

Please don't even let me take out my bile on you please! What phones and how many have you used in your life? Do you think I started learning the ropes of android today? So you don't think I'd know what I used my data for or how I used it?

Did you read up there where I said I normally consume same volume in 2 weeks doing all activities I didn't use this one that got finished in 24hrs for?

If you are honest with yourself and not trying to justify your salary at MTN, is nairaland a high data consumption site, using facebook on chrome is it a high data consuming activity? Putting my phone ON CHARGE and going to bed is also now a high data consumption activity abi?

Please oga I know you even use up 10GB data in a day with your "powerful android phone " this thread isn't for you. Please swerve. Thanks

I also didn't see where I called their customer care agents dumb. I called the company dumb cos they couldn't even perfect the steal with the different information they were giving me( customer agent and SMS alert)
I rest my case before u vent ur anger on me. And a point of correction, MTN don't pay my bills and can't pay it. NCC, over to you. Peace
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by JideSM: 8:30pm On May 17, 2017
bishopkay:
Good day House. Mtn just ripped me off my data. They said I used up 1.5data in 24 hours for facebook and nairaland.

I subscribed may 15th at about 11 am. I had a 50mb bonus on my phone from the vtu recharge I made that was still very active then even before I subscribed. At about past 2 pm yesterday 16th may, I was sent an SMS that my data was exhausted and my access suspended. I initially thought it was my 50mb bonus that just got finished so I went to dial *131# to confirm only to see the shocker there that my data was gone. Now let's lay down the facts

1. I use data but I've never used up 1.5gb in less than a week before. This includes streaming of YouTube tutorials ooo and tethering to my laptop.
2. Since 1.5 GB wasn't lasting me again like before, I had to start subscribing 3.5gb at 2k. Which lasted me last for about 3 weeks with streaming and tethering.
3. Now I didn't even stream any video nor did I carry out any downloads; I didn't even tether to my laptop. I only accessed facebook, nairaland and some few sites within this time frame when Mtn fraudulently stole and zapped my data.

So I called their customer care and they suddenly couldn't access the portal where they could check my data usage. Even when I went to their office; they told me the same thing.

I waited till night then called again and this time, they could access the portal. Guess what the lady or one of their robots on the phone said. She said and I quote "you used high data volume between yesterday (being the day I subscribed) and today 8 am when the data got exhausted". When I probed to know the "high data volume" applications I used, she suddenly went mute as it became obvious she was reading that rhetoric from a computer screen. Because I have been made to understand they can to a great extent tell you how you spent your data.

Now they were so dumb that they couldn't even perfect the steal. To prove they are lying, my data access got suspended at about past 2 pm yesterday and not even 8 am their "robot" said. Also my people please help me ask... Since when did facebook become a high data consuming app? Since when did nairaland become a high data consuming app? Since when did Google Search become a high data consuming app? That can finish 1.535gb in 24 hours?

I have normally let their many excesses and high handedness and thievery slide but this particular one, I won't let it slide. The 1k is very small money to me but what if it had been my last? What if it was the only hope I had to the outside world?

What I've promised myself to do is launch a major social media campaign against them and totally boycott them while advising my colleagues and friends to do same except they either return my data or explain to me the "high data volume " applications I used.

The phone number where the data was stolen from is 09038356342 please if you also know where or how I can report then to the NCC please help a brother. If you can, forward same. Thanks

#MTNReturnMyData

Hi bishopkay, I am sorry to that this happened, I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed. I also will appreciate if you can send me your mobile number via private message to enable me investigate this issue. I Look forward to hear from you. Regards
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by mygee2(m): 8:52pm On May 17, 2017
Same thing happened to me imagind my 1k subscribtion beign carted away. And it seems its nt only me
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by ggoldmine: 10:05pm On May 17, 2017
I thought I was the only one. Have less than 200mb expiring on June 3.
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by bishopkay: 11:03pm On May 17, 2017
The matter just dey make me vex ehn. Totally ruined my day as I already had my budget planned out.
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by yorubarere: 11:11pm On May 17, 2017
I tought I was the only one. I subscribe three times last month and I have subscribed twice this month. I am just tired of this whole stuff, I guess this is the perfect time to swap to glo.

Cooperate thieves company.
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by OmoOshodi(m): 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
MTN have started robbing we Nigerians again o!!!! I'm on Mtn betaTalk ... And I loaded 1,000 Naira yesterday and I spoke with just 3 people ... For few minutes each and ... I saw zero Naira this morning..., before I use same amount for a week after calling up to 10 peeps
Re: The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) by JideSM: 9:10am On Aug 27, 2018
Y'ello I am sorry that you have this experience. Please provide the affected phone number via private message for investigation and feedback. For faster response, please use our thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread. Thank you.

OmoOshodi:
MTN have started robbing we Nigerians again o!!!! I'm on Mtn betaTalk ... And I loaded 1,000 Naira yesterday and I spoke with just 3 people ... For few minutes each and ... I saw zero Naira this morning..., before I use same amount for a week after calling up to 10 peeps

(1) (Reply)

Best 5 Cheapest Gionee Phones In Nigeria Below 50,000 Naira – Price List & Speci / Adoh's Tech Mobile... 100% Best UK Used Iphone @low Price / Top 10 Best Smartphones Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.