Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

What Cancer Has Taught Me - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Cancer Has Taught Me (570 Views)

Soyinka Reacts To Media Distortions Of His 2014 Experience With Cancer / Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / Okwui Enwezor Dies Of Cancer At 55 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Cancer Has Taught Me by AlphikkaTech: 7:07pm On May 17, 2017
WHAT CANCER HAS THOUGHT ME...PART 1

My spouse has been battling breast cancer for the past two years and by Gods grace she is doing well alongside with my lovely daughter Suzette whose conception and birth coincided with the ailment. So in the last two years I have seen it all; I mean real pain and anguish the type I don't pray for my enemies. Cancer can be so devastating. It can wreck a family of its joy, finance and love. One phony thing about it is that it does not announce when it will come, unlike most illnesses that will give you signs symptoms.

At its earliest stages it does not give pain whether it's in the breast, anus, lungs, brain or stomach. While prostrate cancer is top in men, breast and cervical cancer taunt women.

Many things cause cancer- experts blame environment, some others say food, while few research finger our genes. As far as I am concerned I think our lifestyle is a huge factor. We live a fast paced world now that we take many things for granted. A lot of us hardly exercise our body. We jump from air conditioned cars to air conditioned houses. We eat junk daily as food- from one fast food to the other. We over indulge in alcohol intake and smoke like chimney.

It was my spouse health that opened my eyes to a world of knowledge and awareness. I could recall the pain she went through surgery(mastectomy), to get rid of the breast tumour. A month later, she commenced chemotherapy and it was then I felt the pain. At that time she was five months old in pregnancy. She would often faint, vomit and lose her hair. Her tongue changed colour, including her fingers. In the course of these trauma I kept a hopeful outlook believing that she will never die. Thanks to God Almighty who touched Governor Wike to give financial assistance. How could I with a meagre salary of a civil servant take care of her? I remember the first day we went to buy drugs for chemo we spent about N150,000. You have to pay for bed space for three days for her to be monitored.

By the time she was about taking the third round of chemo, I ran into an angel in a human form. His name is Emma. I never knew him from Adam and he was the one that opened my eyes to the world of herbal or what one would refer to as 'alternative medicine'. He told me chemo kills-though that was his view and he had reason to believe so. Actually chemo kills both living and cancerous cells in the body. My spouse never believes that and her doctors say it is the best way to eliminate cancer.

Emma thought me that there was alternative to the conventional cancer treatment. He led me to the world of Olive oil, asparagus., parsley and lemon. And believe you me my spouse sprang to her feet in few weeks. I also spent time searching the internet and reading more books on herbal medicine.

Though there have not been one path way to cure cancer considering the fact that it can bounce back but nature has a remedy, if not cure. I have learnt the hard lesson on why one should open his or her mind. Its dawned on me that there is no one set rule or path to get our problems solved...TO BE CONTINUED...

This is a true life story..A book in progress by one of our client Mr. Kevin Nengia

Re: What Cancer Has Taught Me by royallord1(m): 7:10pm On May 17, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: What Cancer Has Taught Me by Firstinline(m): 11:33am On May 18, 2017
This is serious!!! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Earn #20,000 Weekly From Writing / True Crimes / Love Does Not Survive The Road To Libya(true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.