Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Dealing With Postpartum Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dealing With Postpartum Depression (437 Views)

Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options / I Got To Know Later That I Had Postpartum Depression / Postpartum Depression – Very Dangerous And Frightening!! (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Postpartum Depression by advocateolapet: 7:03am On May 18, 2017
http://9jatattler..com.ng/2017/05/dealing-with-postpartum-depression.html

What's wrong with me? I just gave birth to a bouncing baby girl. Why am I so depressed? I should be happy and proud, but I feel bad,even angry.

The term ''postpartum depression'' refers to depressive episodes following childbirth.This can occur after the birth of a child,be it first child or last child. Depression episodes can even follow a miscarriage or termination of a pregnancy.
Many women experience postpartum blues or baby blues,characterized by mil sadness,anxiety,fluctuating moods,fatigue e.t.c. Those blues are considered normal and are short lived,resolving themselves without any medical help within about ten days after childbirth. They can even go beyond the first few days. They can even appear several months after birth. This may be full-fledged postpartum depression,in which the feelings of sadness,anxiety or despair are so intense that the mother has trouble coping with her daily tasks. There is a more severe form of depression callled postpartum psychosis,in which the mother has delusions or hallucinations that often focus on hurting herself or the baby. This later attention requires immediate medical attention

Causes of Postpartum Depression
There is no single clearly defined cause of postpartum depression.Both physical and emotional factors seems to be involved.
Below are some of these factors
1. nutritional imbalance
2. fatigue and lack of sleep
3. unplanned pregnancy
4. loss of freedom
5. concern about attractiveness
Also the idea that motherhood skills should be instinctive can lead to postpartum depression

Treating Postpartum Depression
1. Hormone treatment
2. Eating a nutritious diet
3. Acupuncture
4.homeopathic remedies
5.Herbs
[url][/url]http://9jatattler..com.ng/2017/05/dealing-with-postpartum-depression.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

15 Foods That Boost Your Immune System / Why Do Patients Leave The Hospital Against Medical Advice / Help A Poor Widow!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.