Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

I Really Pity Christians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Really Pity Christians (6416 Views)

Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment / Not Paying Your Tithe As A Christian? I Really Pity You. / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Really Pity Christians by Thastie(f): 6:54am On May 19, 2017
Deicide:

which version of islam is this one

The question is expected now.....when you have been fed with falsehood.
What a reasonable human being will do is to seek the whole truth, but the likes of you will never, you get erected when its all negatives about Islam
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Deicide: 11:17am On May 19, 2017
Thastie:

The question is expected now.....when you have been fed with falsehood.
What a reasonable human being will do is to seek the whole truth, but the likes of you will never, you get erected when its all negatives about Islam
Good, why don't you educate me by giving me references from the Quran?
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Amberon: 11:46am On May 19, 2017
i dont remember mentioning that.
hahn:

You mean Zeus?
Re: I Really Pity Christians by hahn(m): 12:02pm On May 19, 2017
Amberon:
i dont remember mentioning that.

You said "the creator"

According to Greek myth, Zeus is the creator
Arabs say Allah is the creator
Some say Brahman, Vishnu are the creators

Which of the creators are you referring to or don't you know we have up to 4200 gods? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Really Pity Christians by terrezo2002(m): 1:50pm On May 19, 2017
frank317:
I really pity Christians and Muslims for wanting God to exist by all means. This is not really their fault. who wouldnt want God to exist and come to his aid in a world filled with both love and pain, sadness and happiness, tears and joy, laughter and cry. who wouldnt want a divine help from above. The thought of being alone in the universe can be depressing to a weak mind and trust me, many people are weak.

So they force God to exist. They make up ridiculous stories to fill in their awe. They create a superhero in their mind and call it God. And for this super hero to make sense, they create a villain for him. But sadly they are both this God and devil. Their head becomes a battle ground for both God and devil, and they struggle every day to stop a war that they created by themselves.

I pity them because they belief in something that they have never seen, spoken with or felt. Just an idea in their head that have taken over their sense of being. Now they see danger were their is none, they see demons and evil spirits and enemies everywhere. Is sad to see a normal smart human, call himself helpless, and sinful just because he makes mistakes in life. He condemns himself and talk to himself asking himself for forgiveness.

They become adults acting like kids in the name of a being they only see in their head. if you tell them otherwise, they say you are angry with their God. How I wish God exist, I would really be angry at him for creating such a world of uncertainties. Where you lose a loved one and never see him/her again. Where you have to work hard to earn a living always struggling and thinking hard to keep your head above the water.

I pity Christians and muslims because they cant stand thinking we are all alone, they are slaves to their wishes and desires. I pity them because they cant face reality. Its sad watching good people put all their hope in hopelessness. You look up and see nothing, yet you hold unto nothingness, wishing so strongly and badly they their is someone out there watching and willing to help them. Having comfort in falsehood and struggling each day to make sense of nothing... it just plain sad.

no wonder, they get angry when questioned. They call you names, accuse u wrongly and indirectly beg you to stop the questions. They beg with mix feelings of violence and soft plea. They want you to just stop because their world will fall apart if they find out that they are actually all alone and have no but just themselves.

I pity them because they dont have the strength to embrace reality.
Pity yourself. I know God exist.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by sonmvayina(m): 5:20pm On May 20, 2017
terrezo2002:

Pity yourself. I know God exist.

Prove it...
Re: I Really Pity Christians by terrezo2002(m): 7:59pm On May 20, 2017
sonmvayina:

Prove it...
God is a Spirit. How do I prove spiritual things to carnal minded person. It is a waste of time. Or how do you want me to explain a Spirit God to someone who doesn't know he is a spirit who lives in a body and has a soul?

Re: I Really Pity Christians by frank317: 7:18am On Nov 27, 2018
Sadly, I still pity Christians.

People are obviously worshiping their confusion
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Ihedinobi3: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2018
frank317:
Sadly, I still pity Christians.

People are obviously worshiping their confusion
Not sure what that has to do with you though.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by 0temSapien: 10:49am On Nov 27, 2018
Amberon:
The creator.
You mean the Highest Consciousness which created Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Olorun, Moloch etc. You are on the right track then. It is the multiversal consciousness, a system of which everything in existence is a part of.

God id GREAT!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Really Pity Christians by frank317: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

What what has to do with me?

Why do people give to the needy or why should Nigerians feel bad for the families of the 100 dead soldiers if it has nothing to do with them
Re: I Really Pity Christians by frank317: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Did u even read the op? Did u see how I poured out my heart for the unfortunate Christians?
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Ihedinobi3: 11:13am On Nov 27, 2018
frank317:

What what has to do with me?

Why do people give to the needy or why should Nigerians feel bad for the families of the 100 dead soldiers if it has nothing to do with them
The needy cry for help. Families of dead soldiers are bereaved and often also cry for help and sympathy. In what way have Christians expressed a need or desire for your pity?
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Ihedinobi3: 11:15am On Nov 27, 2018
frank317:

Did u even read the op? Did u see how I poured out my heart for the unfortunate Christians?
No, I didn't read the OP. Would have been a monumental waste of my time. And I didn't see how you poured out your heart for any unfortunate Christians. I just saw your post about people (presumably Christians whom you pity) worshipping their confusion. I don't know how that is any concern of yours.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by frank317: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

The needy cry for help. Families of dead soldiers are bereaved and often also cry for help and sympathy. In what way have Christians expressed a need or desire for your pity?

Lol...Mr ihedinobi only feels pity for people who cry for help.

Shouldn't u rather be called iwedinobi?
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Dantedasz(m): 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
dalaman:
The people I pity the most are muslim women. I wonder and can't get why they happily follow a system that enslaves and doesn't promote them as women and offers anything good for them here on earth and in the so called life after. I truly pity muslim wome sincerely speaking. They happily follow this religion that promotes the male gender above them and degrades them.

Christianity and all other religions degrade women as well.

1 Like

Re: I Really Pity Christians by frank317: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

No, I didn't read the OP. Would have been a monumental waste of my time. And I didn't see how you poured out your heart for any unfortunate Christians. I just saw your post about people (presumably Christians whom you pity) worshipping their confusion. I don't know how that is any concern of yours.

Asking me my concerned is just a deliberate attempt to get us going in fruitless circle.

U didn't read the op and u are asking me senseless question.

When Christians stop me on the read to preach to me to believe or rot in hell, what was their concern with me?

Since u know everybody is on his own, why didn't u question the bible when it asked u to preach to the world.

Respond to the op or remain silent

1 Like

Re: I Really Pity Christians by Ihedinobi3: 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2018
frank317:

Asking me my concerned is just a deliberate attempt to get us going in fruitless circle.

U didn't read the op and u are asking me senseless question.

When Christians stop me on the read to preach to me to believe or rot in hell, what was their concern with me?

Since u know everybody is on his own, why didn't u question the bible when it asked u to preach to the world.

Respond to the op or remain silent
The Bible expressly told me not to offer the Truth to people who don't want it. So I try not to. If other Christians are doing it, well, we all make mistakes. If you are here pitying Christians because some stop you on the road to preach to you, you are just as guilty as the people you pity. You could just ignore those who try to stop you on the road and move on or tell them to stop harassing you. If you fail to do that and come here to harass Christians, don't imagine that others won't do it to you here.

So, again, what business of yours is it that Christians are worshipping their confusion? Are they worshipping for you?
Re: I Really Pity Christians by frank317: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

The Bible expressly told me not to offer the Truth to people who don't want it. So I try not to. If other Christians are doing it, well, we all make mistakes. If you are here pitying Christians because some stop you on the road to preach to you, you are just as guilty as the people you pity. You could just ignore those who try to stop you on the road and move on or tell them to stop harassing you. If you fail to do that and come here to harass Christians, don't imagine that others won't do it to you here.

So, again, what business of yours is it that Christians are worshipping their confusion? Are they worshipping for you?

Since u didn't read the op to find out why I pity Christians why are u saying I pity Christians because they stop me on the road. Are u here to make a fool of urself or what?

Again so the only reason u feel bad for the families of the bereaved (100 dead soldiers) is because they cry out... Does their story not touch u in a way even without hearing their cry?... Perhaps its not ur business

Read the op to find why I pity Christian or...

The link below is another reason why I pity Christians

https://www.nairaland.com/4869591/7.7-billion-naira-church-built
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Ihedinobi3: 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
frank317:

Since u didn't read the op to find out why I pity Christians why are u saying I pity Christians because they stop me on the road. Are u here to make a fool of urself or what?

Again so the only reason u feel bad for the families of the bereaved (100 dead soldiers) is because they cry out... Does their story not touch u in a way even without hearing their cry?... Perhaps its not ur business

Read the op to find why I pity Christian or...

The link below is another reason why I pity Christians

https://www.nairaland.com/4869591/7.7-billion-naira-church-built
You were the one asking what the concern of the Christians who stop you on the road to preach to you is. That was your justification for creating this thread. And that was what I was responding to, namely, that you created a thread to pity Christians because Christians won't stop pitying you and preaching to you as a result.

It is not my business. That does not mean that I don't pity them. It means that I respect each person's space. If anyone lets me into their space to help them, I will. Otherwise, however great my sympathy for them, I must keep my distance. And if you disagree, you have absolutely no right to complain about Christians who stop you on the road to preach to you because they are concerned for your eternal destiny.

Like I said, I have not much time to waste so I won't be bothering with either your OP or your link. I was only wondering why you think it is your business that somebody who is not yourself is worshipping their own confusion. I am seeing no reason still for that except that you like meddling in other people's lives for fun.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by frank317: 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

You were the one asking what the concern of the Christians who stop you on the road to preach to you is. That was your justification for creating this thread. And that was what I was responding to, namely, that you created a thread to pity Christians because Christians won't stop pitying you and preaching to you as a result.
This is what happens when u confuse urself. The question on 'what concern Christians who stop me on the road was just a response to ur question: why am I concerned... Stop confusing urself and read ur replies... I only replied ur question with what Christians do... Never said it was a justification for creating the thread... Hope u are not drunk.
U said u don't know why the Christian life is any of my concern and I responded to the question by asking u why Christians who stop on the road are concerned. But ur confused self took it out of context and say I said that was the basis of the thread...are u deliberately trying to sound confused?

It is not my business. That does not mean that I don't pity them. It means that I respect each person's space. If anyone lets me into their space to help them, I will. Otherwise, however great my sympathy for them, I must keep my distance. And if you disagree, you have absolutely no right to complain about Christians who stop you on the road to preach to you because they are concerned for your eternal destiny.
Exactly same way I pity Christians... If u like worship ur own shadow, it is not my business, still I will pity them because that is what they deserve from me.
I never complained about Christians who stop me on the road... Read the op and stop am talking out of point. My statement on Christians stopping me on the road was just to show u that we all get into each others space one way or the other.

Like I said, I have not much time to waste so I won't be bothering with either your OP or your link. I was only wondering why you think it is your business that somebody who is not yourself is worshipping their own confusion. I am seeing no reason still for that except that you like meddling in other people's lives for fun.
Feel free not to read the op, also feel free to make a foool of urself by talking off point.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Ihedinobi3: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
frank317:

This is what happens when u confuse urself. The question on 'what concern Christians who stop me on the road was just a response to ur question: why am I concerned... Stop confusing urself and read ur replies... I only replied ur question with what Christians do... Never said it was a justification for creating the thread... Hope u are not drunk.
U said u don't know why the Christian life is any of my concern and I responded to the question by asking u why Christians who stop on the road are concerned. But ur confused self took it out of context and say I said that was the basis of the thread...are u deliberately trying to sound confused?

Exactly same way I pity Christians... If u like worship ur own shadow, it is not my business, still I will pity them because that is what they deserve from me.
I never complained about Christians who stop me on the road... Read the op and stop am talking out of point. My statement on Christians stopping me on the road was just to show u that we all get into each others space one way or the other.

Feel free not to read the op, also feel free to make a foool of urself by talking off point.
So, again, your problem is English words. Judging by prior experience, I clearly can't do anything about that.

Since we all get into each other's space, I don't expect you to go on complaining about Christians preaching to or around you. But being an atheist and a remarkable hypocrite, you will anyway, won't you?

And you clearly don't pity Christians the way I pity the needy and the bereaved. I keep my pity to myself unless I am allowed to express it without giving offense. You, on the other hand, are a crusader looking to deliver people from their own preferred choices. That is the definition of a busybody.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Originakalokalo(m): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
@ ihedinobi3, Pls reach me how to break a post into bits and insert my reply after each bit.

Thanks.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by PastorAIO: 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

So, again, your problem is English words. Judging by prior experience, I clearly can't do anything about that.

Since we all get into each other's space, I don't expect you to go on complaining about Christians preaching to or around you. But being an atheist and a remarkable hypocrite, you will anyway, won't you?

And you clearly don't pity Christians the way I pity the needy and the bereaved. I keep my pity to myself unless I am allowed to express it without giving offense. You, on the other hand, are a crusader looking to deliver people from their own preferred choices. That is the definition of a busybody.

Haba! See dodgy reasoning!!

If you pity a bereaved person there is nothing you can do about their case other than express condolences to help ease their troubled emotions. Same with a needy person. If you can help them to satisfy their need then pity would lead you to do so otherwise you might offer condolences or just shut up about their condition.

This is totally different from the Pity you have for someone who is totally lost intellectually who is misguided in life. If you can help then, if you truly feel pity, then you would. After all- What Would Jesus Do?

When he disembarked and saw the vast crowd,
his heart was moved with pity for them,
for they were like sheep without a shepherd;
and he began to teach them many things.

—Mark 6:34

Clearly Jesus wouldn't keep his pity to himself. He would, to quote your words, be 'looking to deliver people from their own preferred choices'.

It is interesting, your choice of words there, 'preferred choices'. Almost like the gamblers life style is his 'preferred choice', and the igbo smokers too. It makes your religious life sound like an arbitrary choice.

Quite a contrast from those who are Compelled to become christian.

14For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that One died for all, therefore all died.

2Corinthinans 5:14
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Ihedinobi3: 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
Originakalokalo:

@ ihedinobi3, Pls reach me how to break a post into bits and insert my reply after each bit.

Thanks.
I'm attaching some screenshots to illustrate.

I copy the first quote tag, that is, in your post here:

[*quote author=Originakalokalo post=73383587]

without the "*" and use it to begin any part of the post I want to respond to and then end that part of the post with

[•/quote]

without the "•".

Let me know if you need me to explain anything more clearly.

Re: I Really Pity Christians by Ihedinobi3: 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
PastorAIO:

Haba! See dodgy reasoning!!

If you pity a bereaved person there is nothing you can do about their case other than express condolences to help ease their troubled emotions. Same with a needy person. If you can help them to satisfy their need then pity would lead you to do so otherwise you might offer condolences or just shut up about their condition.
What have you said here exactly? That you offer condolences and some material gift or mind your own business, no? Well, I said that if I can give my condolences and a material gift without being offensive to the people I consider needy or to the bereaved ones, then I would. Otherwise, I would mind my business. What's the difference between the two things, that is, between what I said and what you just said? So, what was this dodgy reasoning you wanted to show me?

PastorAIO:
This is totally different from the Pity you have for someone who is totally lost intellectually who is misguided in life. If you can help then, if you truly feel pity, then you would.
And what did I say that you felt the need to correct with the above? Christians think that you, PastorAIO, are spiritually lost and misguided so they pity you and preach to you and pray for you. If you think that it is okay to try to save Christians from their own choices, then it is only fair to accept that their preaching to you and praying for you is equally okay too.

PastorAIO:
After all- What Would Jesus Do?

When he disembarked and saw the vast crowd,
his heart was moved with pity for them,
for they were like sheep without a shepherd;
and he began to teach them many things.

—Mark 6:34

Clearly Jesus wouldn't keep his pity to himself. He would, to quote your words, be 'looking to deliver people from their own preferred choices'.
You are either forgetting or ignoring that these people came to Him:

Mark 6:30-34
[30]The apostles gathered together with Jesus; and they reported to Him all that they had done and taught.
[31]And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." (For there were many people coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.)
[32]They went away in the boat to a secluded place by themselves.
[33]The people saw them going, and many recognized them and ran there together on foot from all the cities, and got there ahead of them.
[34]When Jesus went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and He felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and He began to teach them many things.

Just like every time someone asks a question seeking answers to spiritual issues, these people came to the Lord Jesus and, of course, He taught them. It would have been unkind of Him not to have. I have a similar practice here on Nairaland, I try to answer questions for those who want to learn the Truth. But I am doing my best equally to let those who have no questions and have made their own decisions carry on as they please without my interference.

PastorAIO:
It is interesting, your choice of words there, 'preferred choices'. Almost like the gamblers life style is his 'preferred choice', and the igbo smokers too. It makes your religious life sound like an arbitrary choice.

Quite a contrast from those who are Compelled to become christian.

14For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that One died for all, therefore all died.

2Corinthinans 5:14
Everything we think, say and do is what we choose to think, say and do.

Christ's Love compels us because we are convinced..., Paul said. Another (and, in fact, the correct) way to understand that is that we react to the amazing love of Christ in [the manner that Paul describes] because we are convinced that we all belong to Him now since He exchanged His Life for ours.

But from our history, I doubt that you would accept anything the Bible says without distorting it to suit whatever you want to believe.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Originakalokalo(m): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I'm attaching some screenshots to illustrate.

I copy the first quote tag, that is, in your post here:

[*quote author=Originakalokalo post=73383587]

without the "*" and use it to begin any part of the post I want to respond to and then end that part of the post with

[•/quote]

without the "•".

Let me know if you need me to explain anything more clearly.

Thanks.

God bless you.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by PastorAIO: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

What have you said here exactly? That you offer condolences and some material gift or mind your own business, no? Well, I said that if I can give my condolences and a material gift without being offensive to the people I consider needy or to the bereaved ones, then I would. Otherwise, I would mind my business. What's the difference between the two things, that is, between what I said and what you just said? So, what was this dodgy reasoning you wanted to show me?

And what did I say that you felt the need to correct with the above?

Hopefully you'll understand. The dodgy reasoning is based on your conflating the pity the OP says he has for christians and the pity you have for the bereaved.

The irony part is that you are so upset that someone is proselytizing to 'christians' out of pity, saying people should be free to follow their preferred choices yet you can say this:

you, PastorAIO, are spiritually lost and misguided so they pity you and preach to you and pray for you.

That's called hypocrisy.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by frank317: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

U didn't read the op, so ur opinion is actually off point. Who is complaining about Christians preaching on the street? Is this what the op is about... Smh... Keep on embarrassing urself
Re: I Really Pity Christians by PastorAIO: 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

You are either forgetting or ignoring that these people came to Him:

Mark 6:30-34
[30]The apostles gathered together with Jesus; and they reported to Him all that they had done and taught.
[31]And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." (For there were many people coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.)
[32]They went away in the boat to a secluded place by themselves.
[33]The people saw them going, and many recognized them and ran there together on foot from all the cities, and got there ahead of them.
[34]When Jesus went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and He felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and He began to teach them many things.

But the OP did not drag anybody here. You are the one that used your 2 leg to waka come here.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by PastorAIO: 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Everything we think, say and do is what we choose to think, say and do.

This is simply not true. Untrue on so many different levels.

For example many of us, obviously you are not included here, are compelled by facts and strong arguments to change our way of thinking and our choices. That you think that your thoughts are a matter of personal choice sheds a lot of light in many of your most idiotic utterances.

Then on another level it known scientifically that many of our supposed choices have actually been determined beforehand in our unconscious.
Re: I Really Pity Christians by Ihedinobi3: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
PastorAIO:

Hopefully you'll understand. The dodgy reasoning is based on your conflating the pity the OP says he has for christians and the pity you have for the bereaved.

The irony part is that you are so upset that someone is proselytizing to 'christians' out of pity, saying people should be free to follow their preferred choices yet you can say this:

That's called hypocrisy.
What can I say? I can't read for you, PastorAIO. I said:

"Christians think that you, PastorAIO, are spiritually lost and misguided so they pity you and preach to you and pray for you. If you think that it is okay to try to save Christians from their own choices, then it is only fair to accept that their preaching to you and praying for you is equally okay too."

That means that what you are supporting and Frank317 is doing here is hypocrisy. You can't in one breath complain that Christians stop you on the road and preach to you and in the next start threads to help Christians realize the error of their beliefs and "confusion".

There is no difference between "one" pity and the other.

Finally, how did you decide that I'm upset? Are you omniscient?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Difference Between Hell, Hell Fire And Lake Of Fire / Where Were You At 31st December Night? / Jigi Dem- Sweet Tune.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.