Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,848 members, 7,798,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? (1197 Views)

Surrogacy: Permissible Or Not? / World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? / Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by MrKong: 10:12am On May 19, 2017
Salam Alaykum,

Pls I would like someone to clarify this issue (of course with proofs from Hadith and/ Quran) if saying Aamin during prayer is permissible (whether saying it silently or aloud) or its innovation as some people claim.

Jumaat Mubarak

Edited: Please if your views are inclined towards Shi'ism, keep it to yourself.
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 11:46am On May 19, 2017
Its absolutely not acceptable. its bidha. its having no basis in islam. IT HAR
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 11:51am On May 19, 2017
It has no basis in islam. there are so many hadith where rasulullah prayed for sahabah(s) or for event on something to happen ...nobody do say amen or amin
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by MrKong: 12:38pm On May 19, 2017
AhluSunnah:
It has no basis in islam. there are so many hadith where rasulullah prayed for sahabah(s) or for event on something to happen ...nobody do say amen or amin
So majority of Muslims have been practicing Bid'ah?
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Mofpearl: 12:55pm On May 19, 2017
Imam Bukhari narrated on the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) that Rasulullah (peace and blessing be upon him) said

“When a person says ameen the angels also say Ameen and if his Ameen coincides with the Ameen of the angels his previous sins will be forgiven” (Sahih Al Bukahri Hadeeth No.781).

I assumed you meant Amin after surah fathia

2 Likes

Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by MrKong: 1:58pm On May 19, 2017
Mofpearl:
Imam Bukhari narrated on the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) that Rasulullah (peace and blessing be upon him) said

“When a person says ameen the angels also say Ameen and if his Ameen coincides with the Ameen of the angels his previous sins will be forgiven” (Sahih Al Bukahri Hadeeth No.781).

I assumed you meant Amin after surah fathia
Exactly
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Mofpearl: 2:07pm On May 19, 2017

Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 19, 2017
AhluSunnah:

Ganam....
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 19, 2017
MrKong:
Salam Alaykum,

Pls I would like someone to clarify this issue (of course with proofs from Hadith and/ Quran) if saying Aamin during prayer is permissible (whether saying it silently or aloud) or its innovation as some people claim.

As you can see ahadeeth as provided proofs it's not bidah like jabata and his boys(one of them that replied you) say...

Jumaat Mubarak

Now this statement here is a bidah....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by MrKong: 3:02pm On May 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:

As you can see ahadeeth as provided proofs it's not bidah like jabata and his boys(one of them that replied you) say...
Who's Jabata and why does he and his followers hold contradictory view on this subject?

AbdelKabir:

Now this statement here is a bidah....
Really?...why is that?...jumaat is like a celebration and you are permitted/enjoined to greet each other (to my knowledge)
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 19, 2017
MrKong:

Who's Jabata and why does he and his followers hold contradictory view on this subject?

You can read about him, http://simplysalafiyyah.com/A-Peek-at-False-Manhaj-of-Muhammad-Awwal-Jabata.html

Really?...why is that?...jumaat is like a celebration and you are permitted/enjoined to greet each other (to my knowledge)

https://islamqa.info/en/134741
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 19, 2017
MrKong:

MUSLIMS WHO DO NOT FIND KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THEIR RELIGION
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 19, 2017
MrKong:

YEAH
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Ganam....
YOUR SHIA IMAMS ARE GANAM
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Ganam....
YOUR SHIA IMAMS ARE GANAM
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by MrKong: 7:46pm On May 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:

You can read about him, http://simplysalafiyyah.com/A-Peek-at-False-Manhaj-of-Muhammad-Awwal-Jabata.html

https://islamqa.info/en/134741
Read about him, seems to me like someone who favors his own opinion rather than what is established to be sunnah
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by MrKong: 7:51pm On May 19, 2017
This bid'ah of a thing seems to be creating ambiguity if one look at it critically...I've read a lot of arguments for and against several aspect of life some people term bid'ah and I've come to a personal conclusion that anything that does not directly reflect on act of worship(prayer) is permissible.

That's my personal resolution. May Allah Forgive Us of Our short comings
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 19, 2017
MrKong:
This bid'ah of a thing seems to be creating ambiguity if one look at it critically...I've read a lot of arguments for and against several aspect of life some people term bid'ah and I've come to a personal conclusion that anything that does not directly reflect on act of worship(prayer) is permissible.

That's my personal resolution. May Allah Forgive Us of Our short comings

The definition of bidah is clear cut from two hadeeths narrated by the beloved wife of the prophet, As-Saadiqah(the truthful) daughter of As-siddiq(the truthful) Aisha radiyallaahu anhu.

"Whoever innovates into this matter of ours I.e Islam That is part it will have it rejected (by Allaah)"

"Whoever does an act that we have not commanded upon him will have the act rejected (by Allaah)"

And another hadeeth

"The worst of All affairs is innovations, all innovations is bidah, all bidah is misguidance all misguidance lead ultimately to hell"

So from all these, scholars made istinbaat(inferred) that innovations being spoken about here is matters of deen, anything at all considered to be worship, anything at all....

For a deed to be accepted by Allaah, it must be with two things...

"Ikhlaas" and "muwaafiq"

Sincerity and conformity (as Allaah commanded us to worship him)

The people of bidah before our time had ikhlaas but failed in the second part, many of those that ascribe themselves to ahl sunnah wal jamaa'ah have muwaafiq but no ikhlaas.....the people of bidah in our time fail in both....

May Allaah save us from a situation whereby our deeds will be dusts....
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 19, 2017
MrKong:

Read about him, seems to me like someone who favors his own opinion rather than what is established to be sunnah

Yep, he is an innovator......and and a takfeeri
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 7:52am On May 20, 2017
AhluSunnah:
MUSLIMS WHO DO NOT FIND KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THEIR RELIGION

Ahh, I rmb this Ali Jabata boy.. . Al Kharijiii.
Re: Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not? by Nobody: 7:55am On May 20, 2017
MrKong:

They believe in saying "In shaaa Allaah ", instead of ameen.

Saying ameen is ibadah, and an innovated ibadah is bidia... Our opinion doesn't matter Akhee.

Barakallahu feekum.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

President Obama Hosted An Iftar Dinner At The White House / Interview With Al Haj Shabaaz (grandson Of Malcolm X) / Freedom, Criticism And Tolerance In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.