Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:42 PM

The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos (25963 Views)

Female Corper Nicknamed "Aunty Ass" Flogs Student Who Asked Her Out (Photos) / The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out / The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:06am On May 19, 2017
It's time to obey the clarion call. Under the sun and in the rain.

NYSC could be a fun-filled one year, but sometimes, it could just be a bunch of heartbreaks.

Sometimes, heartbreak means receiving your call-up letter and seeing everything you didn't expect. Let's assume you wanted to serve in Lagos, but they gave you Gombe instead.
1. It's a lie. This is not my call-up letter!

17 Likes

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:10am On May 19, 2017
The letter has your name and course of study on it, but never!. You cannot claim it. In fact, you're so sure that you start scrolling through the call-up list to check for the other person bearing your name and surname.

Surprise surprise. You are the only person with that name and surname on the entire list. No one else. All the questions start flooding your mind and you immediately kick into the next gear.

15 Likes

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:12am On May 19, 2017
2. WHAT THE HELL?!

Remember when your uncles and aunties collected your call up number? They said they'd help you get posted to the state you wanted because their friend in NYSC works with the person who wakes the Governor up every morning.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:14am On May 19, 2017
You dial them to ask how far, but they just give you response like

But you didn’t depend on them 100%. After all, the bicycle they promised you since primary school hasn’t even come through.

So you made arrangements with one sure runs guy. He must have an explanation.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:19am On May 19, 2017
3. Oh Lord, why me?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:20am On May 19, 2017
At this stage, you know you have entered one chance, so you just let the emotions take over completely.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:22am On May 19, 2017
You start thinking of all the stories you heard of Corpers going missing, or even rumours of villagers eating Corpers that have too much shakara.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:24am On May 19, 2017
4. This is the self-blame phase.

You start thinking about all the things you did and didn’t do. You start wondering maybe it didn’t click because the money you gave your runs guy wasn’t mint. Or whether you didn’t scream enough when you were praying about it. But last last,

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:27am On May 19, 2017
5. God punish them!

The runs guy for jonzing you. The Government for refusing to scrap NYSC, and everything or everyone you think is responsible for your predicament. Minus yourself of course.

16 Likes

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:29am On May 19, 2017
6. I don’t give a damn anymore!

At this point, you stop caring. You don’t care about what anyone has to say, you don’t care about NYSC, about what your family is going to say, or anybody at all. You’re just going to leave everything, go ahead and create a new app and become a billionaire.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:33am On May 19, 2017
Then it strikes you, all the people that have invented important things in the last 100 years had light. But you are still struggling with NEPA.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:35am On May 19, 2017
7. The “God dey” moment has come

This is when your shoulder drops on this matter, never to rise again.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:37am On May 19, 2017
You now start calling to look for all the people who got posted to that state you hate so much.

And when people start to tease you about it, you just tell them “Na small thing, it didn’t even bother me at all”.

26 Likes

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:38am On May 19, 2017
It’s just camp, you tell yourself. Just camp.

17 Likes

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by tee83: 11:40am On May 19, 2017
Then it dawns on you that the next one year of your life might happen very slowly in a village that might not even have Internet.

Kuku kill me

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by gqboyy(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2017
hehehe make i dash u likes for making me laff @op

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by blaquebelle: 9:57pm On May 19, 2017
Haha
Temmi001

1 Like

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by Temmi001: 6:33am On May 20, 2017
blaquebelle:
Haha
Temmi001
What's happening here? mtschew. after service, no job.. Sad truth.

2 Likes

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by Ezedon(m): 10:47am On May 20, 2017
Some people are about to waste one year in the name of clarion call

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by lonelydora: 10:48am On May 20, 2017
Can't stop laughing

1 Like

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by mr2kay(m): 10:49am On May 20, 2017
That moment when you open a front page article and you keep reading only to discover you just missed first to comment

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by RichieDaVinci01(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2017
Is this not from zikoko? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by Ojugunrege(f): 10:50am On May 20, 2017
tee83:
You now start calling to look for all the people who got posted to that state you hate so much.

And when people start to tease you about it, you just tell them “Na small thing, it didn’t even bother me at all”.

grin cheesy grin
Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by mattywealth(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2017
Please help me review my first white board animation on YouTube

still waiting for batch B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtnCsm_cB8I
Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by Eroslee(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2017
lolzzz....true
Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by bufness(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2017
you'll be like:funkeee! chisoooos is looord then some of your pals will be like: aiyyyyee le ooo, ibosiii ooooo, aiye dorikodo ko yemi moooo

1 Like

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by IFoundMBuhari: 10:51am On May 20, 2017
Nairaland children

1 Like

Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by seuncyber(m): 10:51am On May 20, 2017
Ok
Re: The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos by Nobody: 10:52am On May 20, 2017
Hehehh

Back in the day, my mom had the connections to change her NYSC posting to the state of her choice.

She did not use them.

She got posted to the North East.One of the best years of her life.(back in the 1970's long before Boko Haram )

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC Batch C 2014 Online Registration Better and stress free / Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course / NYSC: Wrong Name, Wrong Date Of Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.