Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Needed Documents For Vehicle Engine Replacement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Needed Documents For Vehicle Engine Replacement (2774 Views)

Ford Ranger 4 Cylinder Engine Replacement Cost. / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers / Location Of Vehicle Engine Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Needed Documents For Vehicle Engine Replacement by legba1(m): 12:36pm On May 19, 2017
Please experts in the house should enlightened us....I was pulled over by the police on my way from Oyo to Ibadan. After all the checks, the policeman won't let me go because of the difference in the engine number on the vehicle papers and the present engine of the car. All explanation that I changed the engine supported with the engine receipt fell on deaf ears. The officer informed that I was suppose to obtain a police extract and an affidavit for changing my car engine. Please what is the position of the law concerning this. Is it real and true one must get all these documentations done.....
Re: Needed Documents For Vehicle Engine Replacement by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:08pm On May 19, 2017
legba1:
Please experts in the house should enlightened us....I was pulled over by the police on my way from Oyo to Ibadan. After all the checks, the policeman won't let me go because of the difference in the engine number on the vehicle papers and the present engine of the car. All explanation that I changed the engine supported with the engine receipt fell on deaf ears. The officer informed that I was suppose to obtain a police extract and an affidavit for changing my car engine. Please what is the position of the law concerning this. Is it real and true one must get all these documentations done.....

cc pattybf
Re: Needed Documents For Vehicle Engine Replacement by ini4brandon(m): 9:43pm On May 19, 2017
Good question,...I'll hang around for the answers cos I'm planning on changing mine also
Re: Needed Documents For Vehicle Engine Replacement by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:03am On May 20, 2017
it's rather fortunate or UNFORTUNATE that the policeman is correct. I stand corrected tho
wen u change ur engine u have to effect the new engine no in ur papers, but since that would require u to do like a renewal kinda thing, u need to get an affidavit as to engine change and inform the police via an extract.

learnt it the hard way @ onitsha

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota RAV4 VS Nissan X-trail: Which Is Better? / Nigerian Man Built A Car That Runs Both On Land And Sea (aqua-car) / A G-wagon Or A Range Rover ? (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.