Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York (70957 Views)

$3.3m Bugatti Chiron Turned Heads At Zimbabwean Defence Headquarters / President Nana Akufo-Addo's Outfit To An Event That Has Got Everyone Talking / Shooting At YouTube Headquarters In California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by lockupnop: 9:13pm On May 19, 2017
He is not from China angry
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by PointZerom: 9:13pm On May 19, 2017
ok
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Aspireahead(m): 9:14pm On May 19, 2017
MayhorE:

thanks for this, but explain further, did u mean guinea is not part of any continent?
this particular Guinea (Papua New) is not part of Africa.

1 Like

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Orpe7(m): 9:15pm On May 19, 2017
I guess he didnt read the memo

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 19, 2017
ztapi:
na so dem take de fail jamb so...papua new guinea/western new guinea is in oceania, 1 million miles from africa
grin
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by pressplay411(m): 9:17pm On May 19, 2017
When the spirit of Orubebe descends on you, you won't stop till you put your entire family, community and country to shame.
My heart goes out to the kids that have to point to this as this father.
No this is not cultural value, just No.
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by kelv2k(m): 9:19pm On May 19, 2017
A lot of folks in here don't bother to carry out research before commenting.
That guy is not any way from Africa. He is from an Ireland called Papua new guinea under the continent of Australia.
I am so sure he is proud of what he is wearing...and their currency over there is called Kinar .
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by bionixs: 9:19pm On May 19, 2017
auntysimbiat:
Chei !! Too bad
bad what? We keep fooling ourselves being other people. Wizkid ,davido and others would sing in local dialects and broken yet dress like jay z and Krist brown,sagging and still name their ganre hip hop instead of Gbedu. Abeg ,free that man joor. . What are they reping sef
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by gradeA(m): 9:19pm On May 19, 2017
Thornapple come see oo

and we thought I was the one high shocked
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Xblink(m): 9:20pm On May 19, 2017
I think dis debut was just for appearance only.... Hearing wat was discussed was not important....cos am sure he is not even understanding wat dey ar doing... Imao...

1 Like

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by bewacharlie(m): 9:22pm On May 19, 2017
grin Hu don watch that movie...#Mr_bone. his cousin
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Kirigidi(m): 9:22pm On May 19, 2017
Oche211:
this is when they tell you, 'feel at home'.
The man is proud of his identity. Proudly African.
Correction! Papua New Guinea is in Asia, and not an African country.

1 Like

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by einsteine(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2017
The person In question is not a black man though. They are melanesians.

nkwuocha:
Blacks are the worst when it comes to racism. Even the whites there are serious, going about the issue of the day, while the comments from blacks are derogatory. Can imagine? These people forgot so easily how their forefathers toil with blood and sweat , even on their own lands to serve their white masters. Even with the suit and ties, you're still a black man.
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Diplomaticbeing(m): 9:27pm On May 19, 2017
He's an Oceanian not African.

1 Like

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Kirigidi(m): 9:27pm On May 19, 2017
Basildvalour:
Africa; my Africa.
Papua New Guinea is not an African country! P.N. Guinea is an island country in the Pacific Ocean close to Australia, although they have black skins like people in Africa.

Ingenuity
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by dingbang(m): 9:27pm On May 19, 2017
But why are some people saying he is from Africa.. Go to better school dey will not.. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Oche211(m): 9:27pm On May 19, 2017
Kirigidi:

noted sir. Bt the man is still black nd i'm also black. So for me, proudly african
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Kirigidi(m): 9:30pm On May 19, 2017
Basildvalour:
Africa; my Africa.
Ingenuity
Papua New Guinea is not an African country! P.N. Guinea is an island country in the Pacific Ocean close to Australia, although they have black skins like people in Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by franchizy(m): 9:32pm On May 19, 2017
The dressed like our igbo chiefs, always giving Africans a bad name.

Maybe he is seeking for a developmental projects.
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Superpower(m): 9:33pm On May 19, 2017
Kirigidi:

papua new guinea is not in asia. It is in Australia/oceania

1 Like

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Kirigidi(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2017
MayhorE:
representing Africa indeed, I think we should retrace our step, don't u think it'll be nice @ OP
Papua New Guinea is not an African country but Oceania country [located close to Australia], although the people have dark skins resembling those of black Africans.
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by asid(m): 9:35pm On May 19, 2017
larion:
Lol

I just can't stop laughing.

My job usual take me round counties, so I saw a position in this same country New Guinea

I was trying to see what it would look like so I did a brief Google of the country.....I switched to images and first 100 pixs I saw was of people without clothes just like this.

The thing weak me, I didn't want to believe so I kept searching about the country.....ewo! Nigeria really try compare to some no be small...more than 80% of the population live in the rural areas, HIV is like chin chin compared to SA, more than 90% of the civilized people are foreigners/expatriate, mostly UN, WHO and the likes.

The country is close to Australia so they have a lot of back up from them.

Above all, as backward as they are, my research shows that the people are very friendly to foreigners. Who wants to go for a trip? hhahahahah grin

If at all they do have HIV "like chin chin" then it can be safe to say it must have been introduced by some of the 90% civilized!

Just my thought

3 Likes

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Eluwilussit(m): 9:36pm On May 19, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
This is what a delegate representing Western New Guinea, also known as Papua -wore for a conference at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The man who seemed not to care about public opinions was pictured sitting with other delegates in his traditional attire...

Photo of the delegate has gone viral online with thousands of shares after it was posted online yesterday...See below how online users are reaction to this "new development".

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-delegate-wore-to-conference-at.html

No be wetin person get him go wear? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by AlphaStyles(m): 9:36pm On May 19, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 19, 2017
Oche211:
this is when they tell you, 'feel at home'. The man is proud of his identity. Proudly African.
he is not an African.
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 19, 2017
Basildvalour:
Africa; my Africa.

Ingenuity
he is Asian not African. Papua new guinea is in Asia near Indonesia.
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by ruggedtimi(m): 9:39pm On May 19, 2017
I didnt even have to read the article...I know he is from papua new guinea.
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by Shegz007(m): 9:40pm On May 19, 2017
This is photoshoped
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by RealAlfranco: 9:41pm On May 19, 2017
MayhorE:

thanks for this, but explain further, did u mean guinea is not part of any continent?
Papua New Guinea and West Papua are not in Africa. They're bordering Indonesia and Australia. They're blacks sha
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by nduboss(m): 9:41pm On May 19, 2017
Na so e take dey start . Very soon now he go commot dat horn ... From dere i rest my case
Re: UN Delegate From Papua Wore Native Outfit To UN Headquarters In New York by mrLhanray(m): 9:42pm On May 19, 2017
stupidity. virtually all countries have their culture, traditional mode of dressing too. if all delegates are to dress like this, we will see Kenyan with big rings on his nose, Scottish with a skirt and so on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Putin Jokes, Laughs And Hugs African Leaders As They Arrive In Russia (Video) / Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos / Mobutu Sese Seko's Mansion Is Now Home To Rats, Bats, Snake (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.