Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo (21788 Views)

Paul Unongo Resigns As Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku / "Atiku Is The Chief Financier Of Fulani Herdsmen" - Paul Unongo, NEF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by newbornmacho(m): 10:01am On May 20, 2017
omenkaLives:
We remember when Boko Haram couldn't be attacked because they were someone's siblings and families.

Azazi was indeed right. Reason why they had to "shut him up".
Fulani herdsmen are someone's siblings and families. They have laid Benue state waste. Talk about that also.

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Kyase(m): 10:02am On May 20, 2017
Gravas:

U nder nena?
First of all, let's begin by opening a thread on this Forum to brainstorm on the way forward.
Secondly, we can use pm and get our emails for very private discussions.
Am dead serious abt this issue of useless and visionless leaders in our state. We can't stand aside and look, while these morons mortgage our future and that of our children. I believe this is a mandate we hv to undertake.
nde dedoo, i think that will do, when ever you're ready let me know.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by sweetgala(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
Did you even read the post? It smells of north north and north. It has no nigerian state outlook as you try to depict. They were only after north not about nigeria. And the same guy they accuse carried the north along while he abandoned his own zone. I remember when an attack on boko haram was an attack against the north and the man simply left attacking boko haram so he wont attack the beloved north. Why do these elders now turn around to accuse him of abandoning north to thier fate meanwhile its buhari, junaid mohd and ango abdulahi dat made him take that stance

You can try to whitewash all you can but please don't insult us by stating GEJ ignored his region in favour of the north.

During GEJ short tenure he made billionaires of too many ND thugs, GEJ only favoured the northern elite which he relied upon to maintain power by throwing cash at them and their interests.

In totality GEJ was a failure and there is no quantifiable evidence of his leadership

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Nobody: 10:05am On May 20, 2017
Gravas:

We are surely gonna chase the tired minds known as elders out of politics by 2019. I have already started my moves practically and will come up with a thread in a couple of hours. They are visibly tired and intellectually worn out but won't take the wise decision to retire and bow out to give way for the younger generation. If they think all the youths are foolish and can be easily manipulated, then i disagree with them. Not everyone is daft.

If we (SS, SE, SW) team up and support a north central candidate (preferably Benue) for presidency in a post 2019 Buhari era, it will not be a bad idea. But it must be a carefully chosen candidate who harbours no mortal fear of the Hausa / Fulani like Jonathan. His agenda to qualify for the support must include restructuring. I believe it is possible to restructure Nigeria in a way that checks nepotism, tribalism, security issues, and promotes regional economic integration and progress without the stranglehold of the central government.

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Gravas(m): 10:14am On May 20, 2017
jomonic:

If we (SS, SE, SW) team up and support a north central candidate (preferably Benue) for presidency in a post 2019 Buhari era, it will not be a bad idea. But it must be a carefully chosen candidate who harbours no mortal fear of the Hausa / Fulani like Jonathan. His agenda to qualify for the support must include restructuring. I believe it is possible to restructure Nigeria in a way that checks nepotism, tribalism, security issues, and promotes regional economic integration and progress without the stranglehold of the central government.

Very brilliant idea! Thank you so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by lincs25(m): 10:16am On May 20, 2017
Gravas:
Pls, can anyone from Benue post actions or comments made by Elder Paul Unongo concerning the unjustifiable attacks by fulani terrorists in Benue State?
Its either they are supporting PMB's govt or discrediting GEJ. Our elders have lost focus. Very sad.
You are on point!

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by slivertongue: 10:16am On May 20, 2017
Redoil:
so gej has been the only person destroying nigeria since 1960
if you agree with me that sarrki is his own worst enemy click like
If you know sarrki needs a serious and urgent mental evaluation before he rus mad and naked click share

sarrki likes anynews that promotes his ethnic group directly or indirectly but prefer hiding under the progressive cover to promote his thoughts. Anytime the north threatens to hold on to power should GMB fail to return to Aso rock, his response is that of consciousness but he fails to apply same consciousness when the likes of GEJ or other leaders are labeled unfit or blackmailed yet he wants to be taken serious.

the section of the north where mr paul comes from is the weeping child of the north yesterday, today and maybe tomrrow.

GEJ had his faults, one them was the wanting to please every dick, tom and harry. GEJ did well to allow them take power atleast it is clear that they lack the capacity to lead. Tomorrow mr paul will return with the argument that the north should succeed GMB.
I have said this before and would say it again: anybody thinking that the SS and NC will lay low like the SE is joking. Their marraige is what has kept the 'unity' and not some bogus claims by other parts of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Gravas(m): 10:18am On May 20, 2017
Kyase:
nde dedoo, i think that will do, when ever you're ready let me know.
Ok. Thanks. Mna ichivir.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Kyase(m): 10:20am On May 20, 2017
Gravas:
Ok. Thanks. Mna ichivir.
grin
Gravas:
Ok. Thanks. Mna ichivir.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by sweetgala(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2017
win2kwire:
Rubbish,

Northern Leaders always Work Against any and all Southern led Governments!

Shall I include OBJ who they unilaterally installed and got re-elected even when OBJ waged war on some of the northern political elite.

There is not one politician in SW more culturally Yoruba than Baba Iyabo

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by sweetgala(m): 10:32am On May 20, 2017
Thistrendblog:
Now they can feel the hardness the Sheepy they voted has brought... Idiot fellows.

What hardness you mean the recession we were headed for as far back as 2013. We may only have technically​ qualified as in recession in 2016 but the seeds were sown way back in 2008 when for instance Yar'adua reneged on the sale of refinery to Dangote

While the ND situation was resolved (postponed) simply by giving money to militants as they come rather than developing the ND

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by sweetgala(m): 10:46am On May 20, 2017
newbornmacho:

You are so naive. Or maybe mischievous! Boko haram is an Islamic army arranged to aid Hausa Fulani political agenda.

BH and where is your proof, because last time I checked Boko Haram has not crossed the Niger river and over 80% of the BH more than 500k victims are Muslims from the north including Hausa , Fulani and other ethnic groups from the north

Abeg try again, not all of us leave our brain in bed in the morning

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by nextprince: 10:47am On May 20, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
yes typical of the core north using middle belt as willing tools or of you following the north without asserting yourselves. Paul unongo allying with north to deafeat gej only to reap fulani herdsmen

One thing I know about this your English is that it is neither the English nor the American version. So, which version is it? Just asking for learning purpose.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by linuxuser(m): 10:54am On May 20, 2017
Nobody worked against Jonathan but himself. He deceived himself into believing that he can change the rule of the game in the middle of a game. The arrangement is rotational presidency. He should have honoured that arrangement and he thought he was clever and people clever than him did all they can to make sure he was thought a lesson. The dullard of Daura (Buhari) did not win the election but rather Clueless Jonathan handed it to him free of charge and that is the consequence of what we are seeing today. When you make an agreement, honour it. It's as simple as that.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Nobody: 10:55am On May 20, 2017
sweetgala:

What hardness you mean the recession we were headed for as far back as 2013. We may only have technically​ qualified as in recession in 2016 but they seeds were sown way back in 2008 when for instance Yar'adua reneged on the sale.of refinery to Dangote , the ND situation was resolve simply by giving money to militants as they come rather than developing the ND

So true. Giving free cash to the Niger Delta militants under the infamous amnesty program destroyed the Niger Delta. It promoted crime and till date affected socioeconomic life. It provided a boom for Lagos and was the main reason multi nationals relocated the center of control of their businesses to Lagos. Today Warri is like a ghost and a far cry to what it was in terms of socioeconomic life. Same is nearly applicable to Port Harcourt. The billions in dollar spent on Amnesty would have made a major difference if it was deployed towards infrastructure development in the Niger Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Nobody: 11:00am On May 20, 2017
slivertongue:

sarrki likes anynews that promotes his ethnic group directly or indirectly but prefer hiding under the progressive cover to promote his thoughts. Anytime the north threatens to hold on to power should GMB fail to return to Aso rock, his response is that of consciousness but he fails to apply same consciousness when the likes of GEJ or other leaders are labeled unfit or blackmailed yet he wants to be taken serious.

the section of the north where mr paul comes from is the weeping child of the north yesterday, today and maybe tomrrow.

GEJ had his faults, one them was the wanting to please every dick, tom and harry. GEJ did well to allow them take power atleast it is clear that they lack the capacity to lead. Tomorrow mr paul will return with the argument that the north should succeed GMB.
I have said this before and would say it again: anybody thinking that the SS and NC will lay low like the SE is joking. Their marraige is what has kept the 'unity' and not some bogus claims by other parts of Nigeria

If you went through the dark violence visited on the SE you will lay low. No man would wish that experience even to his bitterest enemy. Igbo forgive easily and will support anyone who share same value with them. Perhaps the bandage have fallen from the eyes of most Nigerians and with it the ability to see what the Igbo saw over 50 years ago. There is no time to waste.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Nuelsmallz(m): 11:01am On May 20, 2017
uniqueboi:
When you hear illiterates speak you would be amazed how confident they sound in their madness. Jonathan gave the North everything and they were pained. He should have licked your balls too so you guys would have reelected him. I won't want to debate with any of these useless miscreants. I just wonder how we came to sharing a country with the clowns.
true

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Nobody: 11:09am On May 20, 2017
sarrki:
Every progressive and friends of Nigeria worked against him

Only wicked enemies of the state supported him

You are very 'correct'.

When Jonathan declared war against Book Haram, it took a very "progressive leader" from the North to declare,

"Fight against Book Haram is fight against the North".

Jonathan declared State of Emergency in Borno , all the %progressives' were against him.

Honestly, I love 'progressives'. they have what it takes to crash Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by coolscott(m): 11:12am On May 20, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
Did you even read the post? It smells of north north and north. It has no nigerian state outlook as you try to depict. They were only after north not about nigeria. And the same guy they accuse carried the north along while he abandoned his own zone. I remember when an attack on boko haram was an attack against the north and the man simply left attacking boko haram so he wont attack the beloved north. Why do these elders now turn around to accuse him of abandoning north to thier fate meanwhile its buhari, junaid mohd and ango abdulahi dat made him take that stance

You are very right.
Their problem was not that their part of the country was neglected.

All Nigerians wherever they come from, speaking like that are like childish foolish children.
When a child's thought cannot mature beyond the manic selfish scrambling for the big[b]ger[/b] piece of meat in the soup.
When all his emotions are governed by the size of the meat he was able to pick up relative to others at supper.
When all this mental energy is invested on how he should get a nice lump of meat, next meal.
When he measures fulfillment solely in terms of if the lump of meat he got was bigger than the next person's own.
When he does this at age 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 60 and 70 like our current politicians
How can we not see him as a foolish child indeed? Even if he is as an elderly man

That being said, these are the same people that said "An attack on Boko-haram is an attack on the north"

You see why I say they are foolish, who think like this? That is whether they come from the north or the south.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Codes151(m): 11:20am On May 20, 2017
Some riffraff will post and comment and it will enter fp! The north in 16years or next 100years will build a nigeria still seen as backward
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by ibitzbarlow(m): 11:20am On May 20, 2017
koxi:
For how long will Jonathan and his followers continue to whine over presidential election loss?
Over 6years was more than enough time for one man to make a difference, leading this country.
Face it! !
We now have a new government, and we all must work together if we are to make any meaningful headway. Enough of the lamentations...Buhari's government is in charge now.
Deal with it!!!

Did you even read the post? Is it about the whining from a pro-GEJ group or it is about the self-adulation of a pro-PMB group? Get your facts right and be objective. It is fool-hardy for we to dwell on 2015 forever instead of moving forward as a Country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Tecno66: 11:22am On May 20, 2017
sarrki:

http://sunnewsonline.com/why-northern-leaders-worked-against-jonathans-govt-paul-unongo/

They will speak and condemn everything except the atrocities of Fulani herdsmen. Its obvious that the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, is the cultural wing, the Northern Elders Forum, NEF, is the political wing while the Fulani herdsmen are the militant wing and so can not be condemned by Unongo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by seguno2: 11:35am On May 20, 2017
fulanimafia:
I hope you're aware that Kano and Kadunas IGR alone is now more than the 5 SE states IGR combined. That's what's called progressive my friend.

How is IGR (squeezing more money from the impoverished people) alone a sign of being progressive?
What progress has been made with the increased revenue to reduce the number of children out of school, which will create the pool of labour to generate future wealth and sustain the high IGR?
Increasing IGR for more sharing and stealing is definitely not a sign of progress.
Definitely not!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Nobody: 11:54am On May 20, 2017
seguno2:

How is IGR (squeezing more money from the impoverished people) alone a sign of being progressive?
What progress has been made with the increased revenue to reduce the number of children out of school, which will create the pool of labour to generate future wealth and sustain the high IGR?
Increasing IGR for more sharing and stealing is definitely not a sign of progress.
Definitely not!

IGR built on quicksand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by fulanimafia: 12:13pm On May 20, 2017
seguno2:

Definitely not!
You're badly miseducated regarding the concept of IGR. Its not squeezing more money from impoverished people but a manifestation of a healthy economic climate and the resultant prosperity of businesses amidst heightened economic activities which results in increased revenue for the state through levies and taxes in addition to revenue earned by state owned enterprises.A steady rise in the IGR realized is clearly a sign of progress and a result of progressive leadership. Situations where IGR is stagnant declining or missing (like in the case of Anambra) is by contrast associated with poor or regressive leadership and underlines the parasitic nature of such economically weaker states. If you need details of the giant strides being recorded in education by the aforementioned states I'm sure you're not too lazy to conduct your research.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by fulanimafia: 12:20pm On May 20, 2017
Okwyjesus:

And you forgot that Igbos contributed in no small measure to that. Business activities in the two states are championed by Igbos.
newbornmacho:

And you think it's the aboki shoe shiners, and almajiri that are paying the tax? Better thank Igbo business men for that IGR
bukynkwuenu:

what of the standard of living.....the north is just poor,never-developing and parasitic.....
progressive is not when the igr is high and majority is suffering....it translates the presence of oligarchy in the north

come to the east...even if the igr is 1kobo everybody feels the wealth
World developers at it again cheesy.Developing and raising the IGR everywhere else apart from parasitic Iboland grin grin cc:masterchen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by seguno2: 12:27pm On May 20, 2017
fulanimafia:
You're badly miseducated regarding the concept of IGR. Its not squeezing more money from impoverished people but a manifestation of a healthy economic climate and the resultant prosperity of businesses amidst heightened economic activities which results in increased revenue for the state through levies and taxes in addition to revenue earned by state owned enterprises.A steady rise in the IGR realized is clearly a sign of progress and a result of progressive leadership. Situations where IGR is stagnant declining or missing (like in the case of Anambra) is by contrast associated with poor or regressive leadership and underlines the parasitic nature of such economically weaker states. If you need details of the giant strides being recorded in education by the aforementioned states I'm sure you're not too lazy to conduct your research.

Why are you bragging about your ignorance?
IGR increase can be from EXPANDING the scope of taxation and levies with no correlation with any change in the economic activities of the state. That is why I said it is squeezing money from the people without adding anything to them in education of all children to generate future income.
I don't need to do any research. Sanusi did the research already.

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by fulanimafia: 12:38pm On May 20, 2017
seguno2:

Why are you bragging about your ignorance?
IGR increase can be from EXPANDING the scope of taxation and levies with no correlation with any change in the economic activities of the state. That is why I said it is squeezing money from the people without adding anything to them in education of all children to generate future income.
I don't need to do any research. Sanusi did the research already.
Unfortunately for you the breakdown was given and taxes made up just about 60 percent of the generated IGR which rubbishes your assertion. Furthermore there has been no news regarding the increase of taxes in the aforementioned states which further exposes the emptiness of your submission. I'd advise you to agitate for your SE governor's be proactive about boosting your embarrassing IGR and stop waiting for monthly allocations from Abuja in the most mind boggling parasitic manner.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Independence Day Celebrations Of The 1970s And 1980s (Videos and Memories). / Ndigbo Movement Warn Against October 1st Rally, As Court Adjourns Suit / 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.