Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,490 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! (24196 Views)

Imam Rafiu Olalekan: Missing Corper In Lagos (Photo) / Favour Abhulimen: Braless Corper In Open Chest NYSC Khaki Outfit (Photos) / NYSC Inspired Birthday Shower Of A Corper In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:36am On May 20, 2017
Just before you head to camp as a Corper in Nigeria, take your time and read this. It is a dream come true for all graduates to serve their father’s land. Will it be a dream come true when you are done service, you then realize that you can no longer find your bearing in life again? Before you head to camp as a Corper in Nigeria, read carefully and digest it.

One Year Will Pass Like One Day

Are you thinking that one service year will take its time and crawl past you? You better think again. Especially when you are posted to somewhere that is fun, you won’t know when 1 year passes you with full speed. Whatever thing you want to do, do it as soon as you have the chance. Never give room for procrastination.

See You Allowance as a Capital, Not a Salary

That was the mistake I made, but I managed to salvage my situation. (Read ==>>http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-of-a-working-graduate-to-his-jobless-past/ ). Saving your allowance isn’t a bad idea, but it isn’t necessary. Investing your allowance should be at the back of your mind always.

A friend invested his own into ICT certification, and today he works with a Top IT firm here in Lagos just after a year of service. No need of saving it because once you are done with service without a job, you will start spending those savings till it finishes. Invest in yourself and gain the necessary skills.

Avoid half-Baked Certifications

As a Corper in Nigeria, a lot of certification vendors will approach you in camp and keep pestering you to learn and get a certificate. “NEVER FALL FOR IT”

“Any certification you wish to partake in should be done only when you are out of camp.”

Some certifications like the popular HSE, PMP that are given for such ridiculous cheap prices are called “Half-Baked.” You will only end up wasting your hard-earned money. Go for quality courses and complete courses. Avoid prices that are tagged “Corpers price in Nigeria” because they only collect your money and dump bullshit for you to learn.

Learn a Skill

I always mention this all the time. It pains me to see a graduate begging to be given just any job when there are exciting roles that require people to fill up in various firms. For those who wish to work for someone after service, I suggest you pick up an ICT skill. For those who wish to work for themselves after service, combine an ICT skill with an Entrepreneur skill like beads making, soap making and so on.

Remember, if you want to sell to a wider audience, you need to have Digital Marketing skills (ICT)

Take your Time and Network and Don’t Keep Many Friends

They are called “Destiny Helpers.” Do you know that among all those Otondos in camp, there are children of those who rule the country among you all?. Keep searching for them till you see them. I did this and it paid out well for me.

I am not asking you to become a gold digger, I am asking you to become a Gold Hunter

Heaven helps those who help themselves. Just before you head to camp, I know you already have this write-up at the back of your mind. Good luck and safe journey to you all!!

Source: http://topwritersden.com/head-to-camp-as-corper-in-nigeria/

cc: lalasticlala

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by tosyne2much(m): 10:38am On May 20, 2017
This is so on point oga BiafraBushBoy. I'm inclined to agree with you that you will worry less about jobs if you have skills and exhibit it.

That I have four different skills becomes a mystery to me till date

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:03am On May 20, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is so on point. You will worry less about jobs if you have skills and exhibit it.

Wow... Nice one bro...

I love that

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by Chidexter(m): 11:59am On May 20, 2017
Alright thanks, Maybe before I get there NYSC would have been scrapped

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by Chidexter(m): 11:59am On May 20, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is so on point. You will worry less about jobs if you have skills and exhibit it.

No wonder, shebi Na you be that mechanic wey I sight for olokpo roundabout

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by nenedima(f): 12:01pm On May 20, 2017
Thank u
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by IFoundMBuhari: 12:01pm On May 20, 2017
Why?
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by emeijeh(m): 12:03pm On May 20, 2017
I remember my glorious days in Anambra.. .. .

Under the sun or in the rain

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by damiplovR(f): 12:03pm On May 20, 2017
Go for certification courses also. No knowledge is a waste. HSE is surely not a waste. Don't mislead
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by donefezy: 12:03pm On May 20, 2017
Lovely
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by BuhariNaWah: 12:03pm On May 20, 2017
Corper wee oooooooh
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by ElsonMorali: 12:04pm On May 20, 2017
Nice one.

Even though I didn't have someone to tell me all this when I was heading off to bukuru camp, I can't say I turned out badly at all. God's grace.

Great advice for corp members though.
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by zeobiom38(m): 12:04pm On May 20, 2017
hehe.. make sense
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by Awho(m): 12:05pm On May 20, 2017
quite insightful n educative wish all pcm well in the course of serving their fathers land
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by danchuzzy(m): 12:06pm On May 20, 2017
Certifications like the NIM-NYSC program...

thank me later
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by lonelydora: 12:08pm On May 20, 2017
That certification thing is very annoying. Thank I didn't fall for the scam NIM when I was served.

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by Nutase: 12:09pm On May 20, 2017
Lubbish
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by ednut1(m): 12:12pm On May 20, 2017
how person wan take save from 19800 man no go chop ni

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:17pm On May 20, 2017
Nutase:
Lubbish

Are you okay Sis? sad

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by apeiron24(m): 12:17pm On May 20, 2017
You are missing out if you have not joined..... Corpersforum.com

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:17pm On May 20, 2017
ednut1:
how person wan take save from 19800 man no go chop ni

Other side jobs dey na cheesy

or you no sabi the way?
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by Adebayo4all: 12:18pm On May 20, 2017
na so
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by izzy4shizzy(m): 12:19pm On May 20, 2017
Service year is the time u sharpen ur survival n planning skill..

Just be ursef, plan ahead and persevere trust God and be true to ursef

Dont let nairalanders make u feel like u r not doing enough, there is actually different strokes for different folks

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by ednut1(m): 12:19pm On May 20, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Other side jobs dey na cheesy

or you no sabi the way?
when i served na 2 weeks d money dey last grin. now things don cost, yet d allawe no increase. chai
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:21pm On May 20, 2017
ednut1:
when i served na 2 weeks d money dey last grin. now things don cost, yet d allawe no increase. chai

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

E be like say you be baba for the girls then? grin
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by Chuukwudi(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2017
Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by prela(f): 12:29pm On May 20, 2017
On point

Re: Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:30pm On May 20, 2017
prela:
On point

wink wink smiley

Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC / Nysc A15 Taraba Peeps Lets Meet Here / This Zamfara Corper Is Missing (Photos)