Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Don't Be The First To Quit - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Don't Be The First To Quit (486 Views)

A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay / 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be The First To Quit by HonSTONE(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2017
DON’T BE THE FIRST TO QUIT

Hello friend, I write these words to you with anger in my spirit. I’m angry with life, angry at the economy, and angry with everyone and everything around me.

Why?

It is because I’m tired. I’m tired of waking up every morning and seeing myself and others suffer. I’m tired of having little money entering my hand one second and the other second it’s gone. I’m tired of having to depend on my parents for source of living. I’m tired of the government fooling us over and over again and most importantly, I’m tired of that stupid fool called ‘school’.

I left my place of Industrial Training few days ago 3 hours before closing time because I could not take it anymore. I wanted to just quit everything. It’s like the whole world is turning against me and all I have left is just my laptop and my phone.

I have been writing for two years now and nothing to show for it. I have been a student of the University for five years now and it’s like I’m not being taught anything in school. School has been wasting my time, and everyone at home expects me to graduate with first class.

The stupid school in Nigeria I find myself in teach me to study hard, graduate with a good result and get a good job and no one is teaching me how to make it in life.

Will I graduate with first class and the ‘good job’ will be waiting for me?

Hell NO!!!

So today I made a decision not to put all my trust in this messed up education system, not to give in my all in school but to think outside the box. I have decided to learn things outside the classroom to develop myself and cause a positive impact. To be the change I want to see and not wait for the government that promises change I cannot feel.

So are you like me who once thought of living school, quitting, leaving this country, and taking a walk to nowhere and never to return or committing suicide?

I just want to let you know that there is still hope for us. Don’t be the first to quit as you are not the first to be in that situation. I believe that there are better days ahead of us and we were not born to be useless. We are born to make a difference in our world.

It all starts from the choices we make today. Make a choice today to stand out. Not to let the education system or certificates determine our future. Not to let the government fool us again. To take our destiny in our hands and be whosoever we want to be.

I urge you today to develop yourself as you are the only one that can educate yourself. Our education system has failed itself and not us. I urge you to keep doing that which you know how to do best and keep impacting your world. We will make it someday and when we finally do, we will look back and have an awesome story to tell.

Never give up on your dreams and don’t be the first to quit. Before you quit, consider what would happen if you manage to get through the dip and win at the end. Don’t let the situation win and laugh at you. Let’s have the last laugh.

Yes, we can and yes I believe.

Steve Harris always say, “it’s not what you do not have that limits you, it’s what you have and do not know how to use”.

Always remember that your SUCCESS in life is directly proportional to your SMART WORK.

Let’s change the world we live in.

Written by LIVINGSTONE IMONITIE

(ALWAYS READY TO SERVE)