Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) (67467 Views)

Little Girl Lives With Stomach, Liver & Bowel Outside Her Body In UK (Graphic) / Nurse And Her Mother Test Positive For Coronavirus In Epe, Lagos / Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2017
Raine80:

The nurse administers, the doctor prescribes and the pharmacist dispenses the patient has an adverse reaction that has not been documented because no one knew about it even the patient was aware of it. Who exactly is guilty of malpractice here?
You are just blabbing incoherently like a broken congo record. The person that gave the drug i'am sure is not even a qualified nurse, and was why i said we should do away with unqualified people giving drugs. Yet, you jumped into my mention! What were you afraid of?

I know that the doctor prescribes drugs { and corrected by a pharmacist}, the nurse administers and the pharmacist dispenses in our hospital settings, but the person that prescribed, dispensed and administered in this case is neither of the three professionals.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 1:48pm On May 21, 2017
im really sorry to hear that....... I can't imagine the pain u guys would go through.

#saynotofakemedics.
#staysafe.
rezzy:

I can relate. I Pray she survives this oo. The same symptoms my sister had o. My sister didn't survive this.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
maybe I'm wrong and the drug z not expired, that does not warrant the nurse to administer it without proper consultation...... I'm not a medical personnel, but I understand that people react to stuffs they're allergic to. This is what the nurse should have inquired about before giving her the treatment............ U would understand more if this little girl is your loved one.
assumption gallore, how did u know whoever prescribed the medication...a doctor from your initial assumption, didnt enquire about side effects? you are not a medical personnel so stop giving 1 sided stories based on mere assumptions please. i have given you a link to read up but u obviously love ignorance, if you knew the potential causes of such reactions you would quit trading blames...
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 21, 2017
adecz:

This is why people like you, who attended night school keep failing WAEC English, year after year because you do not understand English comprehension of some simple stories.

This girl had a slight sickness & was taken to a chemist where a nurse treated her. A while after, she came down with this reaction. Seeing the seriousness of the condition, she was taken to FMC where doctors diagnosed her condition & are treating her. She didn't go back to the chemist!!! !

Haba!! !

Olodoness is a catastrophic matter ยก!!!!
Till you will end your career on Nairaland,never quote me again
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:
You are just blabbing incoherently like a broken congo record. The person that gave the drug i'am sure is not even a qualified nurse, and was why i said we should do away with unqualified people giving drugs. Yet, you jumped into my mention! What were you afraid of?

I know that the doctor prescribes drugs { and corrected by a pharmacist}, the nurse administers and the pharmacist dispenses in our hospital settings, but the person that prescribed, dispensed and administered in this case is neither of the three professionals.
Zero cares given to be frank
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 1:59pm On May 21, 2017
SirVintageCock:
Bros, you just dey misyarn. Blood sample my left yellow ball. Is that one history too.
it is a history based on documented information from people that share similar genetic parameters with the patient. I'll not educate you again. Even if you are a medical practitioner, you obviously belong in the past.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by sshalom(m): 2:03pm On May 21, 2017
This is terrible. I hope the little girl recovers from this unfortunate incident.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Dantee005(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2017
if I hear...d injection na t -virus..?
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 2:20pm On May 21, 2017
Raine80:

Zero cares given to be frank
Was your finger itching you when you quoted me first
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2017
funmisticqueen:
History taking is actually the oral account, those other ones you said are called investigations or workup, which medical school did u go to sef?
I weep for Nigeria with people like you parading yourselves as medical personels!
Now let me educate your ignorant self. There's what is called pharmacogenetic testing which involves taking samples from a patient and running genetic tests on them. The result is then matched with those of previous sufferers of the reaction to determine the suitability of the drugs for the patient.
Go to good schools, they would not!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by SirVintageCock: 2:46pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:
I weep for Nigeria with people like you parading yourselves as medical personels!
Now let me educate your ignorant self. There's what is called pharmacogenetic testing which involves taking samples from a patient and running genetic tests on them. The result is then matched with those of previous sufferers of the reaction to determine the suitability of the drugs for the patient.
and this is medical history Right
I weep shocked
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 21, 2017
DrObum:
This is likely to be Steven Johnson's Syndrome.
A rare adverse reaction to some medications.

Doesn't mean the drug was expired or the nurse was wrong.
Could just happen.

God help her though.

When i read the article i was trying to remember the name of the syndrome it reminded me of and surely a Nairalander with sense posted it.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by abbey621(m): 2:54pm On May 21, 2017
Poor people's problem! The rich or financially capable are well aware of the importance of life and wouldn't dare patronize quacks called chemists for anything injection related!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by SeekinAttention(f): 2:55pm On May 21, 2017
gustav25:
why are you seekinattention with your personal image ?#attentionWhore#

undecided
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2017
SirVintageCock:
and this is medical history Right
I weep shocked
I warned you but you seem bent on on exposing your ignorance, perhaps to impress ladies.

Now, it is part of medical history taking because it involves comparing the genetic parameters of previous sufferers with those of the patient, and it is done prior to drug administration. Lol. Learn to keep silent on issues you know nothing about.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by SirVintageCock: 3:07pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:
I warned you but you seem bent on on exposing your ignorance, perhaps to impress ladies.

Now, it is part of medical history taking because it involves comparing the genetic parameters of previous sufferers with those of the patient, and it is done prior to drug administration. Lol. Learn to keep silent on issues you know nothing about.
hmmm you reeks of gross ignorance
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by kenrish2(m): 3:09pm On May 21, 2017
instead of commenting on things you know nothing about lay your hands on the pics of the little girl and pray for her healing
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by DrogoG(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2017
Nurse probably injected a fake medicine in the kid.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:
Was your finger itching you when you quoted me first
Quite the contrary actually ...its meet the eye not meets the eyes by the way.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by nNEOo(m): 3:22pm On May 21, 2017
funmisticqueen:
First of all what she is suffering from is called Steven Johnson's syndrome, it an adverse drug reaction, especially some anti malaria drugs like fansidar. If the drugs are fake, it can also cause such. Steven johnson can be very fatal. It is not the nurse, it could happen to anybody. We can only pray for the girl instead of abusing girls. Are you from deeperlife. Please refrain from making ignorant points and stop looking for people to blame.

the facts that more girls quoted me is unsurprising,
call it what you may, I Blv precautions would have gone a long way,
things like asking questions and doing proper investigation b4 administering medication,
a schooled nurse would have found out if her patient had an allergy.

ppl makes mistake n blames should be put squarely on their shoulder. who do you want me to blame, look we are all responsible for any effect of the cause we plied .
and no am not a deeper life member.

and for God sake I can't even wait for someone to blame me when things go south.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by nNEOo(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

You too! USE your brain it's in your head not on your head! Learn to read

your opinion is noted....

...and immediately discarded
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by nNEOo(m): 3:31pm On May 21, 2017
Neddyogu:

Stop ur show of ignorance. Looks more like an allergic reaction to the medication which is nobody's fault. Just genetic variation. This is the reason we pray for Nigeria's healthcare system to upgrade to the level of 'tailor-made' Medical intervention. Maybe Genetic profiling would become commonplace one day. But when?
At least d parents of dat girl can now identify one allergen their daughter reacts to. Leave nurses outta this.

am ignorant? ...why are my even quoting u
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2017
Raine80:

What sort of childish display is this You quoted me first after i aired my opinion on the issue being talked about, i replied you and now you are angry. I'm sorry if my responses were offensive though.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by nNEOo(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=nurshah post=56732356][/quote]

a schooled nurse would have tried to find out if her patient has an allergy for God sake.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Fitz22(f): 3:36pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=munyiwa post=56721599]Your title reads Nurse,and the content reads Doctor.Which? Over the counter attendants are neither Doctor nor Nurses,they are Quacks[/quote

It's always the fault of a nurse, they won't even bother to find out if the person is actually a nurse. The story states Chemist and they have turned it to a nurse. Don't mind them.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by nNEOo(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2017
xendra:
undecided so you couldn't nicely make a comment without bringing your gender issues in that's just stupid. even doctors kill too, this is not a gender issue.

Wish the little child quick recovery.

quick recovery little child.....n you, I wish no doctor or nurse kills you by avoidable mistake amen!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by nNEOo(m): 3:42pm On May 21, 2017
2dugged:
why do Nigerians always assume every nurse is a she ,such level of ignorance, so also some people call patent medicine dealers doctors

such profession is predominantly females

it democracy sis ,it a number game so stop ur naive assumptions
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2017
Raine80:

it should actually be ''more to human than meets the eye''. thanks for the correction anyway.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by eyinjuege: 3:51pm On May 21, 2017
nNEOo:

Blv precautions would have gone a long way,
things like asking questions and doing proper investigation b4 administering medication,
a schooled nurse would have found out if her patient had an allergy.

Because you have no known history of drug allergies doesn't mean you're not allergic to any drug. I know out of the thousands of medicines out there, you've never used up to twenty in your life. How about the remaining thousands left that you've never used before? How do we know you're not allergic to any until you have a reason to use it?
Or did the mother of the child say he's ever had any adverse reaction to any drug before?
Meanwhile, what investigation are you talking about for everyone to do before using any medicine? Hope you know that even ordinary paracetamol can cause this particular type of reaction in some people.

darbeelicous:
maybe I'm wrong and the drug z not expired, that does not warrant the nurse to administer it without proper consultation...... I'm not a medical personnel, but I understand that people react to stuffs they're allergic to. This is what the nurse should have inquired about before giving her the treatment............ U would understand more if this little girl is your loved one.

People react to drugs, and they may never have had a history of allergies because they've never had any reason to use the drug before.
I'm sure if this child in question has had this drug before and reacted to it in the past, the mother would have mentioned it. This is not the sort of reaction/allergy a mother forgets.
Nothing could have been done about the child developing this reaction, unless of course the person that administered it had super powers to determine who would react to what drug.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:
it should actually be ''more to human than meets the eye''. thanks for the correction anyway.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 21, 2017
nNEOo:

such profession is predominantly females

it democracy sis ,it a number game so stop ur naive assumptions
go back and read your post and ask your self who needs to stop naive assumptions, smh
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Neddyogu(m): 4:12pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:

Spot on. I'm an advocate for 'tailor-made'Medical intervention. Until we get there, shi.tt like dis will continue to happen. Our practitioners are busy fighting over supremacy instead of addressing issues like dis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Get Clear White Eyes Naturally / China: Man's Bladder Explodes, Fell Asleep For 18 Hrs After Drinking Excess Beer / Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.