Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:19 PM

7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities (8260 Views)

Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by alBHAGDADI: 7:01am On May 21, 2017
1. He will follow back

I heard that to get a social media verification badge, one has to unfollow a very large sum of those you follow, such that your followers are way more than those you follow. Perhaps, that was why BBNaija winner, Efe, was said to have deleted most of those he was following before fame. Why follow people who don’t even know who you are and won’t follow you back? Jesus Christ is not like that. With all the fame he has in this world and beyond, he still sees it fit to follow your every movement. As a matter of fact, before you were formed in the womb, he knew you (Jeremiah 1:5).

2. He won’t clap back

Why follow a celebrity that takes every slight criticism as an afront to the extent of calling you a wretched person? To them, you are a nonentity and not in the position to criticize them because you are poor. This single act of theirs shows they are bad people who deserve no followers cos they lack the qualities of a leader. Look at the rate at which people of other religions and even atheists insult and ridicule Christ Jesus. The same thing they did before crucifying him is exactly what they are doing today. Yet, he’s not clapping back. Rather, he says “Father forgive them for they know not what they do”. Wouldn’t you rather follow such a person?

3. He doesn’t buy followers with money

Many celebrities buy social media followers with money. Maybe that is why they feel they can turn around and insult them anytime they feel like it. They really have nothing to offer you other than taunt you with their flashy but fake lifestyle and slay you with their sexiness which will one day become dust and the vanity that it is. The only one who has more than a lot to offer is Jesus Christ who wins people with his precious blood sacrificed for the redemption of mankind. That’s why till date, no one has as much followers as the Saviour of the World.

4. He will help you

You hear musicians say “iz your boy this, iz your boy that” in their music, but if you tell them on social media To Help you with money or connection, they ignore their boy. Even when they manage to do something small, they broadcast it all over social media. Jesus is not like that. As a matter of fact, he will tell you not to tell anyone about the mighty miracle he did for you.

5. He needs no verification badge

The reason why social media networks like twitter and instagram give some followers a blue verification badge is because they want to differentiate them from impostor accounts. With that badge, one can be able to tell the original account belonging to an important person from a parody. Jesus Christ doesn’t need a verification, cos over the years no one has been able to pose as him. How can they when they can’t do the things he did? If you try walking on water without his authority, you get eaten by crocodiles. If you try doing anything or forming a religion based on lies about him, you become destructive to the society. He only gives his power to those he calls to follow him.

6. He is the only I Am

If by now you do not know that those celebrities whom you follow see themselves as your god, then you really need to ask why they don’t follow back. Why do you think many of them have their handles as @Iam_kash, @Iam_paulo etc? Well, uncelebrated people do also use such handles, but if you think the usage by big celebs is just a coincidence with the name of the Most High God (I AM), then you need to research about the occultism in entertainment. Jesus is the only I AM; all others are counterfeits. That’s why they lead you astray by making you wear tattoos and pierce your body parts just to be like them. They get paid to be like that, while you get destroyed imitating them.

7. You become a better person

To follow Jesus Christ, you have to read the bible daily and obey his teachings as found in the new testament. If you can do that, you will become a better person. His words tell you to forgive and pray for your enemies, love your neighbors, take care of widows, stay away from sin etc. The world will be a better place if we can all do these things. But majority have chosen to be inspired by celebrities who love to taunt their imaginary Haters, who love to live fake life, who spend money on vanity while claiming they care about the needy etc. Be sincere with your self, what have you gained since you’ve been following celebrities?

Adewole Segun

http://wotzup.ng/7-reasons-why-you-should-follow-jesus-instead-of-celebrities/

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by alBHAGDADI: 7:02am On May 21, 2017
lalasticlala Seun mynd44 oam4j
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Elthugnificent(m): 7:09am On May 21, 2017
Where is the twitter handle.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Pastafarian: 7:17am On May 21, 2017
interesting
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Amberon: 7:20am On May 21, 2017
@God
Elthugnificent:
Where is the twitter handle.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by ignis: 7:26am On May 21, 2017
@ Op, yoi fotgot to add.

If you follow Jesus you are sure of being lead to the right detection.
Celebrities we follow, dont even know where they are going to.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by dacovajnr: 7:26am On May 21, 2017
Kukuma give us his twitter handle undecided

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Dottore: 7:27am On May 21, 2017
Ok
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Capableben(m): 7:27am On May 21, 2017
I love you Jesus.. Even though i fall many times, you still give me a hand when i come to you.

contact BEEJAY ARTS on whatsapp and have yourself/loved one turned into aa lovely Cartoon today.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Nobody: 7:27am On May 21, 2017
K
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Christane: 7:27am On May 21, 2017
av always followed jesus i av neva n cnt neva follow celebrities cus dy av ntn to offer me instead to show off their wealth n success ..jesus z my one true mentor n my number one celebrity ..click LIKE to prove u follow jesus..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by GeneralOjukwu: 7:28am On May 21, 2017
What evidence do have that Jesus exists except what your parents told you? Even your parents didn't see him themselves.

By the way, the image of Jesus widely used is that of an English actor, Robert Powell.

Do you know how he looks? Do you know someone who died and returned with verifiable evidence? Preferably someone who burnt to death grin.

Yet some yahoo boys have made billions from it. Theology School, here I come! Free tithes, free sex from female members of congregation while their husbands thank me for doing the Lord's work

Praise Jesus! Hallelujah! wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by veekid(m): 7:28am On May 21, 2017
So Bros J is now on all social media platform, abeg what's his handle on IG and Snapchat?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by eraly(m): 7:29am On May 21, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by hotspec(m): 7:31am On May 21, 2017
I rep JC boyz
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by davodyguy: 7:32am On May 21, 2017
We don't know the importance of this message and we may not even know until judgement day.

Jesus is the only true friend that never betrays.

No wonder the song says

'ore bi Jesu kosi laiye yi'
Jesu nikan loore otito
Ore aiye yi, le kowa sile
Sugbon Jesu ko je gbagbe ni

You offend Jesus, yet he chooses to bless you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 7:32am On May 21, 2017
I will keep asking this question forever

Why do Christians call Jesus God?
This is the biggest blasphemy in the world and you all don't see it

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Nobody: 7:32am On May 21, 2017
Dis is exactly what i need on a sunday. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Nobody: 7:34am On May 21, 2017
huntax:
I will keep asking this question forever

Why do Christians call Jesus God?
This is the biggest blasphemy in the world and you all don't see it
BE GONE YOU FOUL DEMON OF FOOLSIHNESS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Nobody: 7:36am On May 21, 2017
Anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus should just shut up their mouth and move on with their damn life.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by RobbStark(m): 7:38am On May 21, 2017
Nice piece. Love it and it actually make me feel truly there is only one I AM that we shud all follow. HE is JESUS CHRIST.

No wonder there is too many break ups in marriages even here in Naija because they didnt make Jesus Christ the centre of their marriage.

OP, thumbs up to you

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by cavi: 7:39am On May 21, 2017
The reason y ppl don't follow him is because they do not see him, we're only being told his everywhere yet there is no proof of that. The one person u can always follow is urself
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by TosineGuy(m): 7:39am On May 21, 2017
I don't call Jesus God. And i will never will. I am a christian. When Jesus was on the cross, He said,'Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing'. Now, we all know that Father that Jesus was referring to was God also, at the mount when Jesus was praying, he said, ' Father, if its possible let this cup pass over me not my will but your will oh Lord'
also, when they took him, he said,' i can call my Father in heaven and He will send 12 legions of angels'. There are many examples to prove all this. But most christians just follow their pastors foolishly. My pastor says it so it must be true. Even Pastor Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo belives that Jesus is not God based on very clear examples in the word of God. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by realestniggah: 7:42am On May 21, 2017
ahhhh..religion fanatic oshi

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by naijaboy756: 7:44am On May 21, 2017
JESUS CHRIST!!!!

LORD,MASTER,GOD,KING,MIGHTY,EXCELLENCE PERSONFIED... The spirit and author behind the world's greatest book ever...BIBLE.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by naijaboy756: 7:45am On May 21, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
What evidence do have that Jesus exists except what your parents told you? Even your parents didn't see him themselves.

By the way, the image of Jesus widely used is that of an English actor, Robert Powell.

Do you know how he looks? Do you know someone who died and returned with verifiable evidence? Preferably someone who burnt to death grin.

Yet some yahoo boys have made billions from it. Theology School, here I come! Free tithes, free sex from female members of congregation while their husbands thank me for doing the Lord's work wink
I ask him to visit you...You cant do more than Saul did yet he had a visitation

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by GeneralOjukwu: 7:57am On May 21, 2017
naijaboy756:
I ask him to visit you...You cant do more than Saul did yet he had a visitation

Thank you my friend. I hope He comes with money otherwise I fit...grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by no1madman(m): 7:59am On May 21, 2017
Naija and Bible. .Anyways i saw Bros J yesterday but he didn't say shittttt. . .
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 8:03am On May 21, 2017
Smallville10:
BE GONE YOU FOUL DEMON OF FOOLSIHNESS
The only foolish one here is you. God is there on his own, so pure and supreme. Then you go and liken him to a man, in flesh and blood. No demon in the world would ever say what I'm saying right now.
God alone is to be worshipped. Not Jesus, not Moses, not Elijah,not Muhammed.
God didn't come down, born by a woman, to die for the same mankind He created. You have been sold a lie, or rather, the bible has been misinterpreted. Nothing would make u sit back and think this through, so I don't expect you not to curse at me. Have at it, it won't pass your doorstep.
All humans are flawed, God is so pure to ever become one. Think about it.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by heenriiy19(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Nobody: 8:08am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

The only foolish one here is you. God is there on his own, so pure and supreme. Then you go and liken him to a man, in flesh and blood. No demon in the world would ever say what I'm saying right now.
God alone is to be worshipped. Not Jesus, not Moses, not Elijah,not Muhammed.
God didn't come down, born by a woman, to die for the same mankind He created. You have been sold a lie, or rather, the bible has been misinterpreted. Nothing would make u sit back and think this through, so I don't expect you not to curse at me. Have at it, it won't pass your doorstep.
All humans are flawed, God is so pure to ever become one. Think about it.
i was only rebukin d demon inside that is not allowing u to hv sense... Recieve sense in Jesus name amen

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 8:13am On May 21, 2017
Smallville10:
i was only rebukin d demon inside that is not allowing u to hv sense... Recieve sense in Jesus name amen
Yeah, whatever rows your boat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture, Part 2 (washing Your Garment) / The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? / Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.