Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Daily Devotionals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotionals (896 Views)

Daily Devotionals-Our Daily Bread, The Good Seed, The Word For Today-24-10-2019 / Daily Devotionals September 5 2017 / Daily Devotionals Package [UPDATED] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Devotionals by Nextmag: 7:54am On May 21, 2017
Bishop (Dr) Chris E.Kwakpovwe Daily Devotional May 21 2017 – Your shortcut is coming
Bishop (Dr) Chris E.Kwakpovwe Daily Devotional May 21 2017 – Your shortcut is coming
Topic: YOUR SHORTCUT IS COMING!
(ISAIAH 61:1-9).
Mr. Peter had a job interview to attend at 10 A.m but his wife developed complications at 9 a.m. He decided to take his wife to the Hospital and leave for the interview thereafter but on their way to the hospital, the taxi broke down. It was already 10:30 a.m before he could get another taxi. He arrived at the hospital at 11 a.m, dropped the wife and used the same taxi to go for the interview. He arrived at the interview venue at 12 noon ( 2 hours late). He rang the bell but no one opened the door. Meanwhile, earlier at 10 a.m, the company mail delivery man had rang the bell but no one had opened the door too. When the door was finally opened, Mr. Peter said “I’ am sorry, I came……” He wanted to apologize for coming late, but the secretary interrupted before he could finish his statement and ushered him to the board Room.
The secretary said, “I apologize Mr. Peter, for keeping you waiting since 10 a.m. We actually heard when the bell rang at 10 a.m but we were held up in a meeting with our company suppliers. However, we have sat since 8 a.m to deliberate on your job specification, your office and the salary.” Mr. Peter was baffled and said, “Ma’am, I haven’t been interviewed yet.” The MD answered him and said, “We decided not to conduct the interview at least to save time and also save the interviewer’s money on transport. So we looked at the papers for the most appropriate person we wanted and we opted for you. Also, we had tested your patience this morning by keeping you waiting intentionally for 2 hours.

That’s part of your interview. You won’t be disappointed. You ‘ll be shown your office, your secretary and the driver assigned to drive your company’s allotted vehicle. You ‘ll be on probation for 2 years.” He got the job!!! On his way out, his phone rand and it was the wife. She said, “Honey, I was delivered of a bouncing baby boy.” It was their fifth child and the only male child. He immediately named the child ‘Miracle’. He got a double miracle that same day! All the disappointments turned out to favor him. God positioned the mail delivery man to ring the bell at 10 a.m. God also held them up in the meeting until Mr. Peter arrived.Oh! I would have named the child “Favor” or “Double-Double” (DD).
In this second quarter of 2017, God will bypass millions to get to you! He will turn every negative event to your favor! He will shorten the process to your EVIDENCE land! Yes, He will create a shortcut to your EVIDENCE /testimony land! He will break every laid down protocol for you! He will raise men you don’t know to speak in your favor in the palace! He will turn your labor to favor and speak to Kings in boardrooms for you! Your promotion will not go to another! And for your past shame and pain, you shall receive double gain and fame (Today’s scripture verse 7). Pray now!
Get my new books: “Blasting Down Your Walls Of Jericho” and “My Womb Must Open by Fire” from any bookshop nationwide.
PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: Great is thy faithfulness…….
1. Pray about today’s word generally as led now.
2. Lord, for every trouble of the past or present, give me double glory, honor and EVIDENCE in Jesus Christ name.
3. Lord God, give me a DIVINE SHORTCUT that will show the world that working for You and waiting for you is not in vain (Pray it seriously for the next 3 days).
4. Pray about the declarations in this write-up! Pray in Tongues seriously as led today. I see NEW SPEED coming upon you.
5. Pray about today as led now!

BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM AND
http://www.nextmag.com.ng/2017/05/bishop-dr-chris-e-Kwakpovwe-daily-manna-odm-may21-2017.html#more
Re: Daily Devotionals by Nextmag: 7:56am On May 21, 2017
Bishop Mike Okonkwo Daily Devotional May 21 2017 - CHRIST CAME TO GIVE US GRACE
Bishop Mike Okonkwo Daily Devotional May 21 2017 - CHRIST CAME TO GIVE US GRACE
“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” (John 1:17 KJV)

In Christ, you are a new creation. The covenant you walk under will determine what you receive and how far you can go with God. The believer is not supposed to walk and live his life by the Ten Commandments and the regulations that go with it. It is not the plan of God that we live our lives that way, because the believer is neither a Jew nor a gentile. The believer is a new creation and he must walk in the realities of the new creation. He cannot live as a new creature under an old covenant (the law). He will be short changing himself as a believer.
The law was given by Moses. The Ten Commandments came through Moses, but Jesus Christ came, He fulfilled the law and in its place, He gave us grace and truth. The word grace and truth is not saying that they are two different things. They are synonymous. When you see grace, you see truth. They are one and the same. In other words, if you do not walk under grace then you are not walking under truth. And it is truth that makes you free. Halleluyah!

The law was given! There is no intimacy with the law because the bible says it was given. The law does not care about your feelings. Grace is interested in your feelings. Hebrews 4:15 says: For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who was tempted in every way, just as we are, yet He did not sin. No one can help you except someone who has been where you are. Do not tell a pregnant woman I know what you are going through when she is about to deliver when you have never delivered a baby before. So Jesus came to identify with us. He came to help us. He came with grace! He came with truth! So He understands everything that we go through and gave us His grace which has been rightly interpreted as God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense. Praise the Lord!

Further Reading: John1:12-17, Hebrews 4:14-15
Daily Bible Reading: Morning- 1 Chronicles 13-15; Evening- John 7:1-27
http://www.nextmag.com.ng/2017/05/bishop-mike-okonkwo-daily-devotional-may-21-2017.html#more
Re: Daily Devotionals by Nextmag: 7:58am On May 21, 2017
DCLM Daily Manna May 21, 2017 by Pastor Kumuyi – Not Sent By God
Text: Jeremiah 23:23-32

Key Verse: "Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them..." (Jeremiah 23:32).

Messengers of God who are called prophets derive their message and strength from no other source but God, who owns the Word. Although, there is power in the Word, God’s expectation is that those delivering His Word should themselves be endowed with power, Christlike Holiness and obedience.

Where these virtues are absent in the messenger, there occurs a disconnect between him and the One who sends him on the mission of preaching. God promptly disowns such people even when they still proceed presumptuously to sermonise. The true prophets at the time of Jeremiah were like wheat, useful and nourishing to the people. The false prophets were the chaff or straw, completely useless to the assembly of the brethren.

These fake prophets who had lost touch with the heavenly vision still dreamed and prophesied. But the Lord said they were characterised by deceit of their own heart, since they did not hear from Him. Though they had a message, it was one designed to turn the people from their Creator. Wherever they did so, openly or secretly, there was no hiding place for them. Can anyone hide himself in secret places that the Lord shall not see him? God no longer called them His prophets. But it is instructive to note in the passage that He repeatedly referred to the people as "My people" (verses 27 and 32).

While God will disown false prophets, He will not reject those who refuse to accept false teaching and their peddlers. In this age of proximity to the return of Christ when the world is awash with heretical characters cloaked in religion and misleading doctrines, the serious believer in Jesus must stick to the Bible without compromising and hold on to the Cross to the end.

Thought for the day: Strive to reject end-time false doctrines and their propagators.

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Timothy 1-4

DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
http://www.nextmag.com.ng/2017/05/dclm-daily-manna-may-21-2017-by-pastor.html#more
Re: Daily Devotionals by Nextmag: 7:59am On May 21, 2017
Our Daily Bread Devotional, May 21, 2017 - Seeing God
Topic: Seeing God [Sunday May 21, 2017]

Read: Exodus 34:1–9, Bible in a Year: 1 Chronicles 13–15; John 7:1–27

The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished. Numbers 14:18

Caricature artists set up their easels in public places and draw pictures of people who are willing to pay a modest price for a humorous image of themselves. Their drawings amuse us because they exaggerate one or more of our physical features in a way that is recognizable but funny.

Caricatures of God, on the other hand, are not funny. Exaggerating one of His attributes presents a distorted view that people easily dismiss. Like a caricature, a distorted view of God is not taken seriously. Those who see God portrayed only as an angry and demanding judge are easily lured away by someone who emphasizes mercy. Those who see God as a kindhearted grandfather will reject that image when they need justice. Those who see God as an intellectual idea rather than a living, loving being eventually find other ideas more appealing. Those who see God as a best friend often leave Him behind when they find human friends who are more to their liking.

God declares Himself to be merciful and gracious, but also just in punishing the guilty (Ex. 34:6–7).

As we put our faith into action, we need to avoid portraying God as having only our favorite attributes. We must worship all of God, not just what we like.

Prayer: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I worship You. You are holy, just, kind, and loving. You are God alone.

God is God alone.

Insight:

Have you been trying to see the form of God through the fog of your life? If so, you’re in good company. According to the apostle Paul, all of our present knowledge is seen “through a glass darkly” (1 Cor. 13:12 kjv). But since Jesus came, we don’t have to strain so much to believe in the goodness, justice, and compassion of the God Moses described. Now, in Jesus’s suffering and death, we can see far more clearly how God patiently loves us, allowing us to experience the consequences of sin while He Himself bears in our place the ultimate judgment that all sin deserves.

This message was written By Julie Ackerman Link [Our Daily Bread Ministries.]
http://www.nextmag.com.ng/2017/05/our-daily-bread-devotional-may-21-2017.html#more
Re: Daily Devotionals by Nextmag: 8:01am On May 21, 2017
Kenneth Copeland’s daily devotional May 21, 2017 - Possess Your Promised Land

Topic: Possess Your Promised Land [Sunday May 21, 2017]

When ye are passed over Jordan into the land of Canaan; then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you...and dwell therein: for I have given you the land to possess it. - Numbers 33:51-53

God has given you a promised land. It’s a place flowing with milk and honey, where your every need can be met. A place where you can keep sin underfoot as you rule and reign with Christ. A place where no weapon formed against you will prosper. A place where you are seated with Christ in heavenly places, far above principalities and powers—far from oppression.

As you study the Word of God, you’ll find that’s an accurate description of the kind of victory you should be experiencing in Christ—not in the sweet by-and-by—but right here, right now.

You may say, “Yes, that sounds nice in theory, but I’m dealing with reality here. The rent is due, and all I see is sickness, oppression and fear. This doesn’t look like much of a promised land to me.”

That’s because you’re still letting the devil live there! He’s not going to just pack up and go home, you know, just because God has promised you victory. You have to kick him out.

But don’t let that scare you. God has given you the power to do it. Remember what Jesus said? He said, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you” (Luke 10:19).

What’s more, the devil is totally unarmed! Colossians 2:15 says, “[God] disarmed the principalities and powers ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in...[the cross]” (The Amplified Bible). You have absolutely no reason to cower before the devil. Jesus defeated and disarmed him through His death, burial and resurrection. The devil can’t defeat you unless you let him. All he can do is make empty threats.

But beware! Empty threats can stop you cold if you believe them. So don’t. Believe the Word of God instead. Use the Word and the Name of Jesus to drive the devil out of every last detail of your life.

Don’t let him dwell in your territory. Force him to pack up and go home. Start possessing your promised land!

Scripture Reading: Mark 16:17-18; James 5:7-9

This message was written by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, the leader of the Kenneth Copeland Ministries (www.KCM.org) that specializes in teaching principles of bible faith - prayer, healing, salvation and other biblical topics.
http://www.nextmag.com.ng/2017/05/kenneth-copelands-daily-devotional-may21.html#more
Re: Daily Devotionals by Nextmag: 8:02am On May 21, 2017
Billy Graham’s daily devotional May 21, 2017 - Jesus Is Transcendent

Topic: Jesus Is Transcendent [Sunday May 21, 2017]

Come to Christ, who is the living Foundation of Rock upon which God builds; though men have spurned him, he is very precious to God who has chosen him above all others. — 1 Peter 2:4 (TLB)

No personality in history stands above Jesus Christ. Agnostics and atheists have found fault with Christian ideas, but they can never find fault with the Person of Jesus Christ. They have found fault with Christians, but not with Christ. Jesus of Nazareth transcends methods, ideas, and followers. He stands at the turning point of time. Men everywhere must bow to His superiority. Since Christianity is Christ, those who wish to be a Christian must accept and follow Him as a Person. He and He alone is able to meet every need of the human race.

Prayer for the day: Only You, Lord Jesus, meet all the needs in the hearts of men. You have met me in all the loneliest and all the happiest moments of my life.

Written by Billy Graham, Founder of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association(BGEA). BGEA exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ by every effective means and to equip the church and others to do the same.

http://www.nextmag.com.ng/2017/05/billy-grahams-daily-devotional-may-21.html#more
Re: Daily Devotionals by Nextmag: 8:03am On May 21, 2017
Dunamis’ Daily Devotional May 21, 2017 by Pastor Paul Enenche - The Loss of Time – The Greatest Loss in Life
Topic: The Loss of Time – The Greatest Loss in Life [Sunday May 21, 2017]

Scripture: So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalms 90:12.

Thought For The Day: Yesterday would have been the best time to do what you are still trying to do today.

In our world today, many people lose many things, either out of carelessness or circumstances beyond their control. While some people lose money or material resources, others lose opportunities and privileges. Amidst all the things in life, it is important to know that the easiest thing to lose on earth is a lifetime. The easiest thing to waste on earth is a lifetime.

In the course of life, you would discover that time is permanently in motion irrespective of people’s agenda. In the twinkling of an eye, seconds, the smallest unit of time, become minutes, minutes become hours, hours run into days, days become weeks, weeks become months, months become years and then a combination of years become a lifetime.

So, a person who does not operate with a sense of urgency begins to age without any significant positive change in a short while.

What a tragedy!

Beloved, maximize your life and destiny by the profitable use of your time. Carry out your assignment with a sense of urgency.

Yesterday would have been the best time to do what you are still trying to do today.

Remember this: Yesterday would have been the best time to do what you are still trying to do today.

Assignment(s):

1. Identify and avoid every time waster in your life.

2. Engage the wisdom for effective and profitable management of time.

Prayer: O LORD, help me not to waste my time and life. Give me the understanding of the times in order to fulfil destiny, LORD in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE – PROFITABLE USE OF TIME.

Daily Reading: 1 Samuel 29:1 to 31:13, John 11:55 to 12:19, Psalm 118:1 to 18, Proverbs 15:24 to 26.

Quote: Wisdom increases the boldness of a man’s countenance. Culled from 10 PRINCIPAL SECRETS OF PRINCIPAL PEOPLE by Dr Paul Enenche.

Amazing Fact: The widest tongue measured 3.1 inches. The longest female tongue to be ever recorded was 2.76 inches

Today In History: 21/5/1881 American Red Cross was founded

Prophetic Parental Blessing: This week, I prophesy to you that your hands will yield results; you shall not labour for trouble. I frustrate the activity of the locust in your life and finances. The results you have not seen in the last seven years of your life shall enter your hands within seven days, in Jesus’ Name.

Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), is a powerfully anointed church, headquartered at Abuja, Nigeria, with Dr Paul and Dr Becky Enenche, as the Senior Pastors. It is a power-packed arena where God’s Presence, Principles and Power are at work for the salvation, healing and restoration of human destinies and dignities.

http://www.nextmag.com.ng/2017/05/dunamis-daily-devotional-may-21-2017-by.html#more
Re: Daily Devotionals by Nextmag: 8:05am On May 21, 2017
Andrew Wommack’s daily devotional May 21, 2017 - Our Hearts Control Our Bodies

Topic: Our Hearts Control Our Bodies [Sunday May 21, 2017]

Mark 7:15, "There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man."

Matthew 15:1-20; Mark 7:1-23

All of the Old Testament dietary laws were shadows (or pictures) of spiritual truths which would become realities in the New Covenant. These Pharisees (as well as many Christians today) missed all of the spiritual significance of these laws and saw only the physical act.

The real spiritual meaning that these Old Testament dietary laws symbolized was that we were supposed to be holy (separated) unto God in everything - even what we eat. Under the Old Testament law, it was forbidden to eat or to touch certain animals, not because there was anything wrong with the animals, but to illustrate the point of being separated unto God and to serve as a constant reminder of this separation. Under the New Testament, we see that no animal is, or ever was, unclean of itself. The Old Testament designation of certain animals as unclean was purely symbolic, and this is why Jesus could make this statement.

Jesus' statements here refer to more than just the clean and unclean beasts of the Old Testament. He said nothing which enters into a man through his mouth can defile him. This statement cannot be interpreted, however, as condoning any type of abuse we would like to give our body such as gluttony, drug abuse, etc. Rather, Jesus is simply explaining that the condition of the heart of man should be given preeminence over the physical body. The heart of man controls the body of man, not the other way around. Sin doesn't make our heart corrupt, but a corrupt heart makes us sin. God looks on our hearts, and our cleanliness or defilement in His sight is dependent solely on whether or not we have been made clean in our spirits by the blood of the Lamb. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

This message was written by The Association of Related Ministries International (ARMI) is an extension of Andrew Wommack Ministries (AWM). ARMI is a unique partnership committed to providing resources to help like-minded ministers succeed in a spirit of excellence and to draw from the experience and expertise of both the AWM and Charis Bible College staff. (www.awmi.net)

http://www.nextmag.com.ng/2017/05/andrew-wommacks-daily-devotional-may-21.html#more
Re: Daily Devotionals by Nextmag: 8:06am On May 21, 2017
Open Heavens 21 May 2017: Sunday daily devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Saul broke the pride barrier

SAUL BROKE THE PRIDE BARRIER – Sunday May 21 2017
Memorise: The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. Psalm 10:4
Read: Acts 9:1-11 (King James Version)
1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
Bible in one year: Acts 1-2, Jeremiah 33:1-11, Hymn: Sing hymn 6

Yesterday, we considered the need to fast often in order to maintain the Spirit’s control over the desires of our body. Today, let us consider another reason why we need to fast often, which is, to submit ourselves to God in humility (James 4:6-7). David had this understanding and that was why in Psalm 35:13 he said,

“But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.”

Whenever you find yourself becoming haughty, too full of yourself or looking down on others, you need to declare a fast so as to subdue the rise of pride in your life. Those who live in pride are distant from God. Even when He makes an attempt to reach such people, it will be very difficult because they have built a fence of pride around themselves. One major reason why some people don’t accept the gospel of Jesus Christ, even after witnessing His power and miracles, is pride. Those worst hit by this attitude tend to be learned, enlightened and widely travelled people. This is why you need to pray against the spirit of pride hindering the salvation of your loved ones.

Let us take a look at the life of Saul of Tarsus and learn some lessons from him. He was very zealous and intelligent young man who wanted to please God, but he was proud. Meanwhile, God had been trying to reach out to him, but the fence of pride he had around him kept God out. Do you know that pride directs? If you are proud, it will direct you in the way you go about things, in what you do and what you don’t do. Whenever faith is combined with pride, at best, you will get religion. As Saul tried to serve and please God in the atmosphere of pride, he drifted further away from the One he though he was pleasing, to the point where he began to fight the One he was supposed to satisfy. Pride blindfolds its victims. It makes a person work against what he or she originally set out to do or stand up for. It wasn’t until Jesus manifested Himself to Saul that he realised he had been working against the God he thought he was serving. Nevertheless, after he humbled himself with fasting and prayer for three days, he received salvation, healing of his blind eyes, the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and a divine call of God to minister the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles. If only you can submit yourself to God in humility through prayer and fasting, you can connect with God’s purpose for your life.
Prayer Point
Father, let all my loved ones who are separated from You through pride, overcome this barrier and yield completely to Your will today.

Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer's Ministries.
iOpenHeavens is the electronic version of the Hard Copy. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.

http://www.nextmag.com.ng/2017/05/open-heavens-21-may-2017-sunday-daily-devotion.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Divine Intervention Whatsapp Prayer Group / See The Massive Crowd At TB Joshua's Crusade In Dominican Republic / Leader Olumba Olumba Obu Announces God's Budget For The Whole World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.