Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Reason I Stopped Going To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason I Stopped Going To Church (1288 Views)

Why I stopped going to Church. / Stopped Going To Church 2018 / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 9:01am On May 21, 2017
I have stopped going to Church for a while now cause whenever I go to church to hear the word of God, all I need up hearing is preaching of giving and giving to God in order to be blessed.
I have changed church like 3 times, it's all the same!
Most pentecostal churches no longer preach the true word of God, only word of prosperity and blessing.
I miss the true word of God.
is it the same in your own church?

Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by axeman2(m): 9:04am On May 21, 2017
THAT THE MORE REASON WHY I STOP GOING TO CHURCH. THAT ARE AT THE RECEIVING END.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by teelaw4life(m): 9:08am On May 21, 2017
I have a problem with the insincerity of religion in general and someone telling me how I'm supposed to live my life.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by MostBanned: 9:45am On May 21, 2017
Who Cares undecided
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by Trueigbo: 9:53am On May 21, 2017
Never forget the gathering of the faithful
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 10:08am On May 21, 2017
Trueigbo:
Never forget the gathering of the faithful

but it's now turning to a mockery of the gullible.
and am sure there are less faithfuls in the church as most are just after what they can get from God and not to serve God perse.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by zionmade(m): 10:31am On May 21, 2017
OP u re a very bigggggg liar. No church and i repeat no church ever preaches giving more dan thrice a month. If u want to backslide just know dat its a decision from ur flesh powered by d devil coming after u. because d day d devil separates u from d body of Christ dat is d day u bcome powerless to him. A broom will convey dat lesson better
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2017
zionmade:
OP u re a very bigggggg liar. No church and i repeat no church ever preaches giving more dan thrice a month. If u want to backslide just know dat its a decision from ur flesh powered by d devil coming after u. because d day d devil separates u from d body of Christ dat is d day u bcome powerless to him. A broom will convey dat lesson better

most churches preach about giving than salvation. altar call isn't same thing as preaching of salvation. I have been to over 3 different Pentecostal churches and I know what am talking about. in the past it wasn't like this. I am not talking about churches that are just springing up, I am talking about mega churches with HQ and branches worldwide. even @ their HQ, they preach mostly on giving to God all the time. even though they speak about salvation they still somehow twist the word to point that you still have to give to God even after been saved to be blessed.
am I lying?

2 Likes

Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by zionmade(m): 11:07am On May 21, 2017
psp2pc:

most churches preach about giving than salvation. altar call isn't same thing as preaching of salvation. I have been to over 3 different Pentecostal churches and I know what am talking about. in the past it wasn't like this. I am not talking about churches that are just springing up, I am talking about mega churches with HQ and branches worldwide. even @ their HQ, they preach mostly on giving to God all the time. even though they speak about salvation they still somehow twist the word to point that you still have to give to God even after been saved to be blessed.
am I lying?
Why dont u stick to one and know wat the church is all about. NO church preached giving more dan my church BLW but wen it comes to salvation they win thousands of soul just in one meeting. U don't just go to a church one or twice and conlude.
Deeperlife dnt center on giving so u can join dem. Its still d same body of Christ. No excuses
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by swagguElite(m): 11:17am On May 21, 2017
You don't go to church because all you hear in service is preaching of giving and giving to God! ... Bros ao fa nau! ...which kain excuse b dis now?

If yuar broke there is nothing wrong in going to church n paying the little yu have into the basket during offering time!

...some people even just fold their hands n dropAHandfulOfWellDocumentedEmptyHair into the basket

not because they are stingy but because they have little n dat doesn't discourage them from going to church since they are there to listen to the message n renew their ThrillingFaith every Sunday!
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by AlvanT(m): 11:41am On May 21, 2017
OP have you tried The Lord's Chosen,deeper Life Christian Ministries Or Mountain Of Fire Ministries? I don't think so...maybe you should check em' out and moreover it's right you give/donate 10% of your earning,law of sacrifice remember? Goodluck Bud. smiley
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 11:53am On May 21, 2017
zionmade:

Why dont u stick to one and know wat the church is all about. NO church preached giving more dan my church BLW but wen it comes to salvation they win thousands of soul just in one meeting. U don't just go to a church one or twice and conlude.
Deeperlife dnt center on giving so u can join dem. Its still d same body of Christ. No excuses

I should remain in a church when their doctrine isn't in line with what I perceive is right?
and let me tell you the winning of thousands of soul is just a numerical gimmick , how many of the soul won continues in the way of the lord.
during this mega services when they make altar calls, I see thousands rushing out but at the end of the day, how many really sincerely gives their life to christ?
that's aside when was the last time u won a soul for Christ?
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
OP have you tried The Lord's Chosen,deeper Life Christian Ministries Or Mountain Of Fire Ministries? I don't think so...maybe you should check em' out and moreover it's right you give/donate 10% of your earning,law of sacrifice remember? Goodluck Bud. smiley

I am not against giving of tithes or offering, but what I am against is hammering mostly on giving than dishing out the undiluted word of God.
I think deeper life and MFM may be different and really preach on the word of God than on tithes and offering, but for Lord Chosen, I laugh in Greek, let's not go there.!
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by zionmade(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2017
psp2pc:

I should remain in a church when their doctrine isn't in line with what I perceive is right?
and let me tell you the winning of thousands of soul is just a numerical gimmick , how many of the soul won continues in the way of the lord.
during this mega services when they make altar calls, I see thousands rushing out but at the end of the day, how many really sincerely gives their life to christ?
that's aside when was the last time u won a soul for Christ?
Even if its only one dat is retained out of d thousands THERE IS STILL JOYOUS CELEBRATION IN HEAVEN. Jesus didn't say there will only be celebration wen d won soul is retained, He made it clear d celebration begins immediately u win d soul.
Tnx for asking me how many souls i have won, its a healthy competition. But i wont say. Life is personal, soul winning is important, whether i win a soul or not is not ur business. Go and win urs
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 12:05pm On May 21, 2017
swagguElite:
You don't go to church because all you hear in service is preaching of giving and giving to God! ... Bros ao fa nau! ...which kain excuse b dis now?

If yuar broke there is nothing wrong in going to church n paying the little yu have into the basket during offering time!

...some people even just fold their hands n dropAHandfulOfWellDocumentedEmptyHair into the basket

not because they are stingy but because they have little n dat doesn't discourage them from going to church since they are there to listen to the message n renew their ThrillingFaith every Sunday!

I go to church to hear the word of God, not to hear the word of giving and giving only.
let's take for example Jehovah's witness, we may have conflicting views about our doctrines, but I think the practise what Christianity should be like. come together share the word of God, reach out to people....they don't focus on the message of giving to God all the time..how I know this is cause I have JW friends.
after their meeting, they have their offering basket at the back of the kingdom hall,after meeting whatever you have to give to God is what you drop in.
in some churches it is an offence and you can be sanctioned if you a church worker and you don't give your tithe.
Giving to God should be voluntary and not compulsory.
and most churches now are just social gatherings venue..
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by AlvanT(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2017
psp2pc:

I am not against giving of tithes or offering, but what I am against is hammering mostly on giving than dishing out the undiluted word of God.
I think deeper life and MFM may be different and really preach on the word of God than on tithes and offering, but for Lord Chosen, I laugh in Greek, let's not go there.!
Yes bruh! You shouldn't let other fanatic members adhere you from your true aim,I know you seek spiritual growth which is crucial for every man but the above mentioned churches are the ones I've noticed that makes you forget about the outside world and connect with the higher dimension,you can try white garment churches I've heard they're good but not really attended,goodluck.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 12:27pm On May 21, 2017
zionmade:

Even if its only one dat is retained out of d thousands THERE IS STILL JOYOUS CELEBRATION IN HEAVEN. Jesus didn't say there will only be celebration wen d won soul is retained, He made it clear d celebration begins immediately u win d soul.
Tnx for asking me how many souls i have won, its a healthy competition. But i wont say. Life is personal, soul winning is important, whether i win a soul or not is not ur business. Go and win urs

Sure that single soul out of thousands would be created in the heavenly realm. but stop giving the impression that all the thousands saved are automatically a new creature and have won permanent citizenship of heaven.
many thing wrong with Christendom nowadays, and once you voice out your views,observations,opinion and criticism, fanatics regard you as devil possessed.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by zionmade(m): 12:37pm On May 21, 2017
psp2pc:

Sure that single soul out of thousands would be created in the heavenly realm. but stop giving the impression that all the thousands saved are automatically a new creature and have won permanent citizenship of heaven.
many thing wrong with Christendom nowadays, and once you voice out your views,observations,opinion and criticism, fanatics regard you as devil possessed.

Go and check out who a fanatic is.
If u can die for Christianity den u have no business being one. God doesnt like Luke warm Christian. He said if u re neither warm or cold he will spit u out. Keep going around to find fault instead of looking for a way to move ur father's soul winning business further u re here picking holes
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 12:46pm On May 21, 2017
zionmade:

Go and check out who a fanatic is.
If u can die for Christianity den u have no business being one. God doesnt like Luke warm Christian. He said if u re neither warm or cold he will spit u out. Keep going around to find fault instead of looking for a way to move ur father's soul winning business further u re here picking holes

I can die for Christianity but I won't die for the Christianity of prosperity the churches preach today.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by zionmade(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2017
psp2pc:

I can die for Christianity but I won't die for the Christianity of prosperity the churches preach today.
So quit using d word fanatic to describe anybody's level of Christianity. U re a fanatic as long as u can die for d gospel
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by ilynem(m): 2:30pm On May 21, 2017
teelaw4life:
I have a problem with the insincerity of religion in general and someone telling me how I'm supposed to live my life.
NO one is telling u how to live your life.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by ilynem(m): 2:31pm On May 21, 2017
psp2pc:

am I lying?
OP, what exactly do you want to hear from the pastor?
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by janefarms2015: 7:08pm On May 21, 2017
Op, contact one of the Jehovah's witnesses in your area, attend their service and if you are not satisfied, stay at home and pray to God on ur own

1 Like

Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by frank317: 7:23pm On May 21, 2017
psp2pc:
I have stopped going to Church for a while now cause whenever I go to church to hear the word of God, all I need up hearing is preaching of giving and giving to God in order to be blessed.
Most pentecostal churches no longer preach the true word of God, only word of prosperity and blessing.

Hehehe, what exactly is the true word of God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by frank317: 7:33pm On May 21, 2017
zionmade:

Hmmm, the win thousands of souls​ every week yet the morality level of more Nigerians are dwindling... Thousands of souls​ indeed.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by Chubhie: 8:17pm On May 21, 2017
Seed sowing is always the main event. All gunning for your pocket.

I'm glad that the current galactic alignment won't support such rogue spiritual criminals. It's already happening.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 11:58pm On May 21, 2017
frank317:

Hehehe, what exactly is the true word of God?

how to get to heaven without bribing my way thru. how to be faithful to God without money involved how I can be blessed by God without blessing the pastor first.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 12:01am On May 22, 2017
my previous comment
janefarms2015:
Op, contact one of the Jehovah's witnesses in your area, attend their service and if you are not satisfied, stay at home and pray to God on ur own
psp2pc:

I go to church to hear the word of God, not to hear the word of giving and giving only.
let's take for example Jehovah's witness, we may have conflicting views about our doctrines, but I think the practise what Christianity should be like. come together share the word of God, reach out to people....they don't focus on the message of giving to God all the time..how I know this is cause I have JW friends.
after their meeting, they have their offering basket at the back of the kingdom hall,after meeting whatever you have to give to God is what you drop in.
in some churches it is an offence and you can be sanctioned if you a church worker and you don't give your tithe.
Giving to God should be voluntary and not compulsory.
and most churches now are just social gatherings venue..
janefarms2015:
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:07am On May 22, 2017
psp2pc:

Visit the Lord's Chosen then . The last bus stop . cool

1 Like

Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by psp2pc(m): 12:19am On May 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Visit the Lord's Chosen then . The last bus stop . cool

anytime I drive or board bus and pass their HQ at Ijesha B/stop on my way to work, I just wonder the kind of brainwashing these people have been subjected to that makes them act like possessed persons.
Seeing the radical and *nuisancical* way they envagelise, I give up on them.
pardon me to say the members allow appear wretched although not all, I have had encounter with them multiple times.
one guy going to oshodi from their church, he didn't tell the conductor no money in his pocket, he just sat down. when the conductor asked for money, the guy started quoting Bible. if not for one man that paid his fare, the conductor has already pulled one shoe and seized his Bible.
2nd. one woman with 4 kids entered bus, only wanted to pay for 1 seat and started sharing her children among the passengers that they should help lap them..
whereas they can afford to buy that green uniform they wear at any amount their G. O is selling it to them...
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 12:27am On May 22, 2017
psp2pc:

Try the old institutionalized churches - Anglican, Orthodox, SDA. They have a strict guideline to follow and are controlled from HQ so strange doctrine would not easily get in.
Re: Reason I Stopped Going To Church by proddey(m): 12:31am On Dec 16, 2018
Op, are you a fan of daddyfreeze??

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah Will Enter Into Judgment With The Elders / SHOCKING!!! I Am Ready To Change To Christianity, - Emir Sanusi Lamido / Ugandan Pastor Walks On Church Members As God’s Instruction (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.