Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,448 members, 7,801,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (13804 Views)

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by moses93(m): 11:26am On Jul 02, 2017
because I no wan go to church today, maybe I no go even go again sef who knows. anything can happen sha, but as far as am concerned, I don tire for this life abeg

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 02, 2017
Lalas247:

Na so una dey greet for your village abi undecided

I been nor nor say, na you.
Aunty Good Evelyn! cry
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Bamidele539: 11:41am On Jul 02, 2017
sirfee:
There won't be jihadists and holy "crap" war,there won't be "god of men" and deceits,there would be peace,love and unity.
come to think of it, religion tends to curb/reduce social vices/ills in the society atleast to 70%....

What do you think?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Bamidele539: 11:47am On Jul 02, 2017
Favybloom:
many people actually, if you the find the right church that gives their members jobs and money and u get to meet connected people there lol
boss, na that kind church i dey find...shey u go fit forward me the church address, i promise to attend come next sunday
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 02, 2017
jonbellion:
unjustifiable excuses
Listen to this guy undecided
Who the Bleep do you you think you are judging whether ones excuse for not going to church is good enough or not
I present to you the average christian nairalsnders
A self righteous hypocritical bag of manure
angry
k
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by sirfee(m): 11:48am On Jul 02, 2017
Bamidele539:
come to think of it, religion tends to curb/reduce social vices/ills in the society atleast to 70%....

What do you think?
Different strokes for different folks.There are people who see religion as an interest or pressure group,some see it as fascism etc
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Unclebrutus: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2017
Alitair:

Do you mean "God" has outlived his usefulness?
Mind u religion is quite different from doing what God wants & being a child of God
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Realhommie(m): 11:51am On Jul 02, 2017
Jflex07:
brother exactly my position. church these days don't motivate me, I'm really losing interest
I'm telling you.. My church would always go out on outreaches, to get new converts, but i wonder most times if the motivation isn't to fill up purses and increased revenue.. Coz they pray "In the name of Jesus, may the holy spirit bring in multitude of souls to fill up this church just like in the days of "Acts of the Apostles"... "

"Fill up the church", lol.. You go out and preach the word but how best do you do that other than love? Same church wouldn't help a very poor lady with 5kids to look after because she's not a member.. And i asked, "What would Jesus do?".. So you only render help to ur members, what then is Christianity and Love? Prophet T. B Joshua comes to mind here.

The truth is churches have become more of money making ventures, alot of them actually don't care about the welfare of it's members, their drive to generate money is second to none with so much consistency.... Mtcheeeeeew, i just weak.

It is well ooooo, God help us.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by acidbej(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2017
As in, the way these religious people think amazes me, always against logic
jonbellion:
so I suppose God would strike him with lightning but ignore other pressing matters like starving homeless kids
* sigh*
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by acidbej(m): 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
We need more people like you.
jonbellion:
shocked shocked shocked

My God
This early morning
Buddha is recognized by Buddhists as an enlightened teacher who attained full Buddhahood
Plus
The idea or concept of God is not only limited to religion which is simply saying you don't need to adhere to organised religion to believe in God
Diests believe in a God but reject religious gods
Agnostics(like myself) are uncertain about God but reject religious Gods
Atheists reject religious Gods and sometimes the idea of God entirely
Pantheists see the universe as God but reject religious Gods
As you can see most unbelievers that are not religious reject RELIGIOUS GODS i.e Jesus, Allah,Vishnu, Zeus and their pals(except the atheists who reject the idea completely lipsrsealed)
God is not bound to religion
God has no religion( if there is one)
Religion is man made
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Many people dont goto churches because churches of Today lack what their predecessors used to have: Fellowship.

Churches of today are disguised Social secular Clubs.

I d rather goto the Cinema than goto church , its just a waste of time, watch services on your cable or internet you ll enjoy it better.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by free2ryhme: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Klington:
you worship on nairaland grin

Is nairaland a church?

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by ossuofia1: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Who church epp?

Pastor don baff?

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by bhankymyk(m): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
ETISALAT 5GB @#2100 10GB@#3400 11GB@ #3600 VALID FOR 1 MONTH
MTN 1GB @#570 2GB@#1150 3GB@#1700 VALID for 3 MONTHS
GLO 3.2gb @#950 7.5@ #2000 10GB@ #2500 VALID FOR 1 MONTH https://www.nairaland.com/3584987/bhankymyk-data-services/4#58045127
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Bamidele539: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
sirfee:
Different strokes for different folks.There are people who see religion as an interest or pressure group,some see it as fascism etc
whats your own view on this?

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by KhaleesiAdaz(f): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Because that is the day I freely masturbate$$ without muffling my orgasmic sounds . . . . everyone is out so I scream as I feel it.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by sleeknick: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
HAD to wash my clothes and shave my balls...

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by bitcoinvin(m): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Alitair:

Hebrews 10 vs 25

"do not forsake the gathering of brethren as some of you are doing"

did God not say that when 2 or 3 are gathered in his name,that he is there?..Is there any where church was mentioned in the bible

Brainwashed fools!!!!
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by CzarChris(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
vivalavida:

#IConcur
bro, so dem don finally change you to come be like me wey no dey go church abi grin grin grin
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by sirfee(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bamidele539:
whats your own view on this?
I'm from a Christian background, religion has a profound effect in reforming the individual and the society though my parents are not outlaws.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by vivalavida(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
CzarChris:
bro, so dem don finally change you to come be like me wey no dey go church abi grin grin grin

I still dey go small small sha.
Like once in a month

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by olufrosh(m): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
GodIsFoolish:

Because I don't have reason to to go to church
This and because am simply agnostic
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by KingEjanla(m): 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
missyadorable:
Because It's a waste of time

99% of Nigerian Pastors are fake!

After a tedious monday to friday @ work and a busy saturday doing home chores and cooking,stepping out on sunday in the name of going to church will be a total waste of my precious time and an unnecessary stress.

The most horrible people are in the church
You just spoke my mind, that's the main reason why I don't go to church, a lot of fake pastor with fake prophecies

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Elvidence(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
Dog bite me for my kongo...i couldn't mk it to church today. The dog wicked, of all places ma my kongo
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by sirfee(m): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
jonbellion:
shocked shocked shocked

My God
This early morning
Buddha is recognized by Buddhists as an enlightened teacher who attained full Buddhahood
Plus
The idea or concept of God is not only limited to religion which is simply saying you don't need to adhere to organised religion to believe in God
Diests believe in a God but reject religious gods
Agnostics(like myself) are uncertain about God but reject religious Gods
Atheists reject religious Gods and sometimes the idea of God entirely
Pantheists see the universe as God but reject religious Gods
As you can see most unbelievers that are not religious reject RELIGIOUS GODS i.e Jesus, Allah,Vishnu, Zeus and their pals(except the atheists who reject the idea completely lipsrsealed)
God is not bound to religion
God has no religion( if there is one)
Religion is man made
Respect,I'm a deist.I always enjoy your posts.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
sirfee:
Religion is a big scam,my greatest fear is marrying a religious woman.
haha, same here mehn

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
blueseacats:
coming from a lady, you are one of a kind. Only smart ones can see through the scam called church this days.
I guess you are an atheist.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
Realhommie:
I'm telling you.. My church would always go out on outreaches, to get new converts, but i wonder most times if the motivation isn't to fill up purses and increased revenue.. Coz they pray "In the name of Jesus, may the holy spirit bring in multitude of souls to fill up this church just like in the days of "Acts of the Apostles"... "

"Fill up the church", lol.. You go out and preach the word but how best do you do that other than love? Same church wouldn't help a very poor lady with 5kids to look after because she's not a member.. And i asked, "What would Jesus do?".. So you only render help to ur members, what then is Christianity and Love? Prophet T. B Joshua comes to mind here.

The truth is churches have become more of money making ventures, alot of them actually don't care about the welfare of it's members, their drive to generate money is second to none with so much consistency Mtcheeeeeew, i just weak.

It is well ooooo, God help us.
you are very right bro, Nigerian churches are just interested in your money, they don't give a damn feck about your welfare, will finally stop visiting churches once I start living alone.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by des4ella(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Alitair:
Hey pals,
Its getting clearer everyday that the number of people who do not go to church keeps hiking with every passing Sunday and when you try to inquire as to the cause of that and why they (the ones that didn't go to church) stay home, you get very hilarious and lame excuses ranging from "i woke up late" to "i don't have offering". tongue

So whats ur excuse on why you did not go to church?

Because you didn't invite me.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by donbenie(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
midehill:

our God knows what is best...so Mayb starving dose kids is to guide dem against sickness
With a mindset like yours,ever wondered why RELIGION in this Country is a JOKE..We're the MOST Religious Country yet the MOST Morally BANKRUPT Nation on Earth..So,according to your WARPED reasoning somehow God ALLOWS Innocent Children to Starve to death to protect them from Sickness.. pray how EXACTLY does one STARVING to Death help to ward off Sickness?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by spaggyy(m): 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
I'm in the toilet, is he here too? shocked
do you have air (oxygen) in there

If you do... God is der

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Bamidele539: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
sirfee:
I'm from a Christian background, religion has a profound effect in reforming the individual and the society though my parents are not outlaws.
same here..
I can categorically tell you that religion has helped people from going outta-laws, do you knw?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gang Kidnaps 17 American Missionaries In Haiti / The Third Eye: The Pineal Gland / Six Things Christain Youths Should Engage In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.