Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead (49943 Views)

Why I Said President Buhari Is Dead – Ex-british Lawmaker, Eric Joyce / Why I Said President Buhari Is Dead – Ex-british Lawmaker, Eric Joyce / “buhari Is Dead” – Ex-british Lawmaker, Eric Joyce Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Crocky23: 5:33pm On May 21, 2017
Ex-British Parliamentarian Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5356489_ericjoycemute_jpeg746c7e8850c1643e24c0835131d5eeb1
Eric Joyce (ex-UK MP)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5356513_screenshot7_jpeg393c4f601466ed5347801c65922e50d3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5356512_screenshot4_png4d2a82a67661cacbb6ad521fca1a299e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5356514_screenshot5_pngdef261b0a461c0a7257ff9e6fbc63835

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5356555_screenshott1_png4cef55986bb0bda8f1e25f1c253855a0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5356524_screenshot8_png38b58c59f649c965381f9495f12f5e03

I wrote this yesterday about President Buhari of Nigeria. There’s been a lot of interest in the blog in Nigeria. I’ll answer a few of the key points raised, here.

First, if you’re a president then it’s up to you to show people you’re alive and well – it’s not up to your people to prove the opposite. Every politician in the world knows this. A statement from a PR guy doesn’t cut it. Angry ripostes from supporters don’t cut it. Only your personal appearance cuts it.

Second, if your’e a president and you’re not well, then a doctor needs to come out of the hospital and explain to your nation what’s up. This let’s everyone, including your people and the markets, know if your alive at all, alive enough to recover or have just sprained an ankle.

Unless these things apply, then there will be shenanigans. For example, a dead person will be kept hooked up to a machine and advisers, politicians, traders, all the people ‘in the know’ will be jockeying for position and none of the regular people of the country will know anything about it. Nigerians have done themselves proud on the democrtic front in the last few years; this is no time to start accepting bullshit again.

Before the last election, I shared a platform in Nigeria with half a dozen ex-prime ministers and ex-presidents, both African and European. After the event, I had dinner with one along with his ambassador. The ambassador gave me a first class analysis of the political situation in Nigeria. The PDP had become unstable but was considered a more stable bet than the new APC. That said, the international diplomatic community thought the rise of a new party of opposition a thoroughly good thing and felt they might win ‘the election after next’. As it turned out, the APC actually won the election and Goodluck Jonathan actually stood down. It was pretty amazing.
That doesn’t mean the APC has all the answers. And for now, they have the same problem the PDP had when its president died. The dynamics of the government of course mean there’ll be a lot of horse trading going on around the succession if the president is indeed dead. Not a bad idea in future to choose a younger president?

Anyway, where’s the Nigerian media? Cowed, maybe? And where’s the UK media? Uninterested, probably, because it’s almost entirely white – in spite of many Africans living in London – and to most UK media folk stories about Africa are boring unless there’s a big famine, terrorism, or a war.

But in the end, this is about how Nigeria is on its way to becoming a front-rank nation. That’s good news. Accountability to regular Nigerians about the present situation with the president is a big, big part of that.

http://www.ericjoyce.co.uk/2017/05/nigeria-its-for-a-president-to-prove-hes-alive-not-for-his-people-to-prove-he-isnt/

The president of one of the world's largest and most sensitive countries died in London today.In our main news bulletins, not a word.#Buhari

https://twitter.com/ericjoyce/status/865643773631410178

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by HisSexcellency(m): 5:35pm On May 21, 2017
NO matter how dark the night is, there is light at dawn.
Buhari can't remain in London till 2019.

Whether he is alive or dead Nigerians will know in due time

302 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 21, 2017
shocked
Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Crocky23: 5:37pm On May 21, 2017
Still waiting for Femi Adesina to refute the claim.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by madone: 5:37pm On May 21, 2017
They want to kill our president for us oo. Buhari can not die .he is immortal.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:37pm On May 21, 2017
angry

1 Like

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by lordbish(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2017
That was how he died before, until i see his dead body brought back to naija i won't believe

20 Likes

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Crocky23: 5:44pm On May 21, 2017
But why is Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina not addressing a News press conference to refute the claims?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Chubhie: 5:46pm On May 21, 2017
An eckist friend of mine who soul travels regularly told me few days ago after close from work that my president is dead.Rushed home,powered all gadgets and got nothing.

Buhari with earthly vessel of +70 something will someday kick the bucket like every human.All the secrecy and drama ain't healthy for Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Realdeals(m): 5:51pm On May 21, 2017
Okay o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by seunmsg(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2017
Attention seeking blogger.

15 Likes

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by EazyMoh(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2017
Lol! So only his twitter handle and his blog know PMB is dead.
It's more than 48hrs still nobody took him serious except.....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by khallyberry: 5:54pm On May 21, 2017
this man is working for nothern elders.
quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Crocky23: 5:55pm On May 21, 2017
seunmsg:

Eric Joyce is a blogger?

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by seunmsg(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2017

20 Likes

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Crocky23: 6:00pm On May 21, 2017
seunmsg:

http://www.ericjoyce.co.uk/2017/05/nigeria-its-for-a-president-to-prove-hes-alive-not-for-his-people-to-prove-he-isnt/

Whoever is behind the above blog is an attention seeker.

Eric Joyce is the owner of the blog you posted above, learn to read.

14 Likes

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by seunmsg(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2017
Crocky23:

Eric Joyce is the owner of the blog you posted above, learn to read.

You have answered your initial question.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Crocky23: 6:06pm On May 21, 2017
[s]
seunmsg:

You have answered your initial question.
[/s]

You're making no sense, enjoy ya Sunday.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by Young03(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2017
2019 IS still far oo

we no go gree
tears of joy

7 Likes

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by hurricaneChris: 6:14pm On May 21, 2017
the guy's twitter profile makes the news look abit credible.

I fear the worst

10 Likes

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by malton: 6:20pm On May 21, 2017
This must be one of the people Femi Adesina refers to as "purveyors of hate!"

grin

Nothing go happen to Baba Buhari.

Long live the president!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by malton: 6:24pm On May 21, 2017
sdindan:
I wish it is true.

Can't wait for celebrate.
if u quote me amadioha will strike u

You go wait tire.

6 Likes

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by doctokwus: 6:27pm On May 21, 2017
This is serious!
At least since its coming from not just outside,but a 'white' source with political capital,d Nigerian govt wud not react in its usual dismissive and dodgy manner had it come from a 'black',Nigerian and within the country.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:30pm On May 21, 2017
Chubhie:
An eckist friend of mine who soul travels regularly told me few days ago after close from work that my president is dead.Rushed home,powered all gadgets and got nothing.

Buhari with earthly vessel of +70 something will someday kick the bucket like every human.All the secrecy and drama ain't healthy for Nigeria.

Can your eckist friend please soul travel again and tell me who will win the 2019 election ?
I want to sell my father's house and stake the money on the outcome

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:34pm On May 21, 2017
Will he be the first president to die in power?
Why is that a big deal

Osibanjo over to you
Sack and probe all the cabals and do your thing
No excuses

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by crestedaguiyi: 6:35pm On May 21, 2017
The guy is busy defending his position on Twitter while kayode is making blind argument as usual
Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by chronique(m): 6:35pm On May 21, 2017
If truly he is dead, I'd feel no sympathy for him. Someone who should have stayed out of active politics and focused on his health, greedily and foolishly allowed himself to be used. He can continue being president wherever his soul rests in. I don't know why Africans are power drunk to the extent that they would hold on to power to the detriment of their health.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by DieAfonjas: 6:37pm On May 21, 2017
sdindan:
I wish it is true.

Can't wait for celebrate.
if u quote me amadioha will strike u
lol
i quote you

@ topic

music to my ears

the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life

the soul that sinneth shall die masha Allah amin

7 Likes

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by hucienda: 6:38pm On May 21, 2017
A bit strange since it's a westerner posting this.

The coming days could be intriguing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Joyce Says Buhari Is Dead by DieAfonjas: 6:39pm On May 21, 2017
seunmsg:
even at the screenshot evidence shocked

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Attempt To Stop Non-Yorubas From Getting PVCs Resisted (Video) / Is CNN Mocking The APC In This Tweet? (Photo) / Fayose Receives N4.7bn Paris Club Fund From FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.