Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:19 AM

What Is Wrong With Tintingz? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is Wrong With Tintingz? (13852 Views)

What Is So Wrong With Trump's Muslim Immigration Ban? / Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha / There Is Nothing Wrong With Treating Non-muslims Kindly If They Are Not Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 5:48pm On May 22, 2017
emekaRaj:

E be like this lanrexlan get plenty time to waste oo. Maybe because u just came back.

U will be the one to get tired, no mater how much u make sense he will just twist it the other way like d xtain do in here, it will go on an on like dat till u r tired, dnt just waste ur time.

Make una ask am wether he still prays five times daily first.
@bolded, i still do and am gonna partake in this coming Ramadan fast.

Are you OK now? cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by Rilwayne001: 6:07pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
Yes but not all. Was there anything like genotype, blood group in the past? Was human able to travel to the moon? Is it possible for humans to travel to sun in the future? The answer will be "we don't know yet" but don't be surprise if humans can get close to the sun in the future. Don't be surprise if humans can create a wormhole to alter the time or travel to past and future. What about does that change their body into another gender, was there anything like that in the past?

A machine has been built to preserve the human body, brain for years and wake you up in future, are you aware of that?
https://www.nairaland.com/3474999/14-year-old-girl-cancer-wins-right

Humans evolve, earth was said to be flat in the past until some greek scholars discover earth to be spherical.

Sigh. I'm not arguing the fact that we are evolving with you now, did I?

There are over thousands different answers to this. In China, Japan religion they believe their God created them and left just like deist God, atheist believe everything was by accident, Islam, Christianity, Judaism are similar but differ, Hindus, Buddah, pantheist, Yoruba religion and many other beliefs believe in reincarnation.

I'm asking you personally, how did all that exist came into be? It would be irrational to believe all that thousands of account at a time. And you here, are rational. What do you believe? The atheist version or the Buddha version?

Do you believe Obatala created everything, if yes why? If No why?

No, because I don't know anything about Obatala. I only get to hear the name in Yoruba movies and Yoruba textbooks.

Do you know anything about him? Tell me.

Do you believe his version of the creation account? If yes, kindly narrate and prove to us how he created all that exists.

Lol, do you think you will be muslim if you were born in China?

Maybe.

Don't we have Chinese that converted to Islam? If yes, why then do you think I'd not be a Muslim if I were born in China?

So ofcos you will chose to remain a Muslim because it is something you have been doing from childhood,

Don't we have people that convert from the religion they were born into to another?

What are you saying sef

the fear of hell fire. cool

You're making a very wrong assumption if you think I chose to remain a Muslim because of the fear of hell.

Like have said there are over thousands answers to this, where do you want us to start? smiley

From the one you believe gangan. Or did all that exists just appear all of a sudden? shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by sarahade(f): 6:40pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz omore bi iyan.
I've really missed you.
Always ready for them and on point.
Hope you have started preparing for Ramadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by emekaRaj(m): 6:59pm On May 22, 2017
yazach:

Internet is also a problem when you have gotten him, he will quickly search internet to the orientalist sayings and he will tell you it is an openion

Tnk u jare, I tot is only me that noticed that. because I can't see d philosophical knowledge he has acquired, if there is any he should create thread an drop them.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 7:06pm On May 22, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Sigh. I'm not arguing the fact that we are evolving with you now, did I?
But you totally accepted that our intellect are limited, if it is limited then there won't be new discoveries, invention.

I'm asking you personally, how did all that exist came into be? It would be irrational to believe all that thousands of account at a time. And you here, are rational. What do you believe? The atheist version or the Buddha version?
Still doing research on this.

No, because I don't know anything about Obatala. I only get to hear the name in Yoruba movies and Yoruba textbooks.

Do you know anything about him? Tell me.
I knew the story of Obatala right from sec school, this is the funny thing about Africans, we don't know history about our culture yet we can tell stories of foreign religion and their culture. grin

Obatala was the one that created everything, he created the earth starting from ile ife.

Do you believe his version of the creation account? If yes, kindly narrate and prove to us how he created all that exists.
No I don't but I won't discredit it, and to know the prove thag Obatala created all that existed, kindly visit ile ife, they might show some proves to you.

Maybe.

Don't we have Chinese that converted to Islam? If yes, why then do you think I'd not be a Muslim if I were born in China?
Muslims in China are like 5% in a small town, what are the chances you will be among the 5% Muslims if you were born there? There are Christians too oo.

Don't we have people that convert from the religion they were born into to another?

What are you saying sef
Ofcos yes, but is that possible in Saudi Arabia?

Are converts much?

People join Islam and people leave Islam, it goes both ways.

You're making a very wrong assumption if you think I chose to remain a Muslim because of the fear of hell.
That's part of every Muslim goal, to make heaven not hell fire, in fact that's the basic of Muslims faith.

To test you, can you be a pagan or atheist for a month?

From the one you believe gangan. Or did all that exists just appear all of a sudden? shocked
I'm still doing research and I'm learning a lot. How I wish i can travel to whole world to study people's culture and beliefs, but I've add it to my future quest.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by emekaRaj(m): 7:25pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
@bolded, i still do and am gonna partake in this coming Ramadan fast.

Are you OK now? cool

Which means u certainly believe in Allah the unseen, then u should also believe in angels, jinn, and Satan it's part of the faith. I was once in ur shoes when I was taking sociology of religion, logic an reasoning, philosophy of religion etc. I started questioning everything, asking question. But unlike u, I was blessed with foresight, by Allah I can see wat u cannot see. And they hav helped me to confirm the greatness of Allah, but of course I cannot discuss that with u, cos u dnt believe in it, I just wish u can hav a feel of the supernatural.

But no wahala, enjoy ur new found infatuation.
But just knw dat u r not d only one reading philosophical books, we all do. Dat u question everything after reading them doesn't make u rational.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 7:34pm On May 22, 2017
sarahade:
tintingz omore bi iyan.
I've really missed you.
Sarah, Lol... hope dem no ban you?

Well, I'm preparing for Ramadan. May Allah(SWT) accept our ibadah towards him. cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2017
emekaRaj:

Which means u certainly believe in Allah the unseen, then u should also believe in angels, jinn, and Satan it's part of the faith. I was once in ur shoes when I was taking sociology of religion, logic an reasoning, philosophy of religion etc. I started questioning everything, asking question. But unlike u, I was blessed with foresight, by Allah I can see wat u cannot see. And they hav helped me to confirm the greatness of Allah, but of course I cannot discuss that with u, cos u dnt believe in it, I just wish u can hav a feel of the supernatural.

But no wahala, enjoy ur new found infatuation.
But just knw dat u r not d only one reading philosophical books, we all do. Dat u question everything after reading them doesn't make u rational.
I'm not disputing you studied philosophy, our brain and reasoning works differently, you might not be open minded during your researchs and you might be.

And as for the gift, which kyn gift be that? Are you X-men mutant? Better go an see a therapist for your schizophrenia symptoms.

People have claimed to be seeing things in Africa for years yet we are still underdeveloped.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by emekaRaj(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:

I'm still doing research and I'm learning a lot. How I wish i can travel to whole world to study people's culture and beliefs, but I've add it to my future quest.

Pls breakdown the procedure of ur research for us. I hop Google is not inside sha

Abeg, tell us d procedure ooo so dat we that are irrational can try it out
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2017
emekaRaj:

Pls breakdown the procedure of ur research for us. I hop Google is not inside sha

Abeg, tell us d procedure ooo so dat we that are irrational can try it out
You wanna do deep research?

First of all pretend not be religious for months(this will be hard tho) and read books by downloading them(PDF formats), watch videos like debates, reason with it. Do this first. wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by emekaRaj(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
I'm not disputing you studied philosophy, our brain and reasoning works differently, you might not be open minded during your researchs and you might be.

And as for the gift, which kyn gift be that? Are you X-men mutant? Better go an see a therapist for your schizophrenia symptoms.

People have claimed to be seeing things in Africa for years yet we are still underdeveloped.

This is y I dnt like having convo with u. Cos d way u reason is funny and u call dat rational.
Wats d correlation between seeing tins and Africa's development
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by emekaRaj(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
You wanna do deep research?

First of all pretend not be religious for months(this will be hard tho) and read books by downloading them(PDF formats), watch videos like debates, reason with it. Do this first. wink

I buy books also download and read, so?

LOL laff wan kill me for here. So this is wat u call research. I was asking about procedure for ur research, u know d type those who wrote the book u were reading used. So u cant write ur own books.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by Demmzy15(m): 8:24pm On May 22, 2017
sarahade:
tintingz omore bi iyan.
I've really missed you.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 8:45pm On May 22, 2017
emekaRaj:

This is y I dnt like having convo with u. Cos d way u reason is funny and u call dat rational.
Wats d correlation between seeing tins and Africa's development
If people in Africa are seeing things, these entities should be able to tell how Nigeria will move forward.

Saudi Arabia that are also religious are developing their country through oil and hajj, they are making use of their gifts on Africans. grin
Do you know the revenue they generate from hajj every year? It is like people going for tourism and paying them.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by Rilwayne001: 8:46pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
But you totally accepted that our intellect are limited, if it is limited then there won't be new discoveries, invention.

In other words, it is limitless, isn't that what you are saying?

Then we are not making any headway in this discussion if you cannot make your stand clear.

I knew the story of Obatala right from sec school, this is the funny thing about Africans, we don't know history about our culture yet we can tell stories of foreign religion and their culture. grin

Interesting. Trust you know the story of obatala is more a myth and not an actual occurrence?

Obatala was the one that created everything, he created the earth starting from ile ife.

Is this your believe? If not, is it then a lie? If not, how can you substantiate it?

No I don't but I won't discredit it

So what you perceived to be a lie is welcome by you? undecided

, and to know the prove thag Obatala created all that existed, kindly visit ile ife, they might show some proves to you.

Lol. Thought you knew about Obatala before citing his version of creation account. How can you not know about something and yet cite them in an argument

Muslims in China are like 5% in a small town, what are the chances you will be among the 5% Muslims if you were born there? There are Christians too oo.

You are shifting the post. My point is, in so far we have Chinese convert to Islam, then my chances of converting to Islam, if I were born in China cannot be rule out.

Ofcos yes, but is that possible in Saudi Arabia?Are converts much?People join Islam and people leave Islam, it goes both ways.

Again, you are shifting the post. Perhaps you should read back previous posts. The bone of contention is not whether people convert in Saudi Arabia or not. Or whether people leave Islam, rather whether people leave the religion they are indoctrinated with from childhood or not.

You said I chose to remain a Muslim because it has been the religion I've been indoctrinated with since childhood, and then I asked, are there not people that leave Islam despite been doing it from childhood? If yes, why then do you assume that I still remain a Muslim because I've been doing it from childhood?

That's part of every Muslim goal, to make heaven not hell fire, in fact that's the basic of Muslims faith.

And anything bad in that

To test you, can you be a pagan or atheist for a month?

You are asking me to pretend, I cannot. I'm not good at pretending.

Until you've concluded your research, you have no point questioning the Qur'an.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 8:50pm On May 22, 2017
emekaRaj:

I buy books also download and read, so?

LOL laff wan kill me for here. So this is wat u call research. I was asking about procedure for ur research, u know d type those who wrote the book u were reading used. So u cant write ur own books.
Don't worry, I will start publishing my own books. cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by Rilwayne001: 8:50pm On May 22, 2017
sarahade:
tintingz omore bi iyan.
I've really missed you.

Iyawo Kabir angry grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by FriendNG: 8:54pm On May 22, 2017
Tintinz cannot be help in anyway rather than prayer. I wonder if He still pray (Namaz). Or he did 2 showcase before his family only.

May God cure your disease. It has pass human intervention.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 9:39pm On May 22, 2017
Rilwayne001:

In other words, it is limitless, isn't that what you are saying?
Yes and I've proved it.

Then we are not making any headway in this discussion if you cannot make your stand clear.
Someone is still doing experiment and you're already asking for result?

Interesting. Trust you know the story of obatala is more a myth and not an actual occurrence?
The story of Obatala is not a myth to the Yoruba traditionalists, the same way they will say Adam and Eve are myth of the middle east.

Is this your believe? If not, is it then a lie? If not, how can you substantiate it?
Lol, if you're looking for evidence of Obatala creation where is the evidence of Quran creation?

So what you perceived to be a lie is welcome by you? undecided
Lie? I don't believe in their creation but I won't condemn it, it is some people's belief that Obatala created the world.

Lol. Thought you knew about Obatala before citing his version of creation account. How can you not know about something and yet cite them in an argument
Lol, you were asking for prove that Obatala created the world, I told you to visit ile ife and they will show you their historical places just like how people visit Saudi Arabia for tourism.

I know about Obatala, you can as well read about Obatala on Google the way you read Islamic write ups.

You are shifting the post. My point is, in so far we have Chinese convert to Islam, then my chances of converting to Islam, if I were born in China cannot be rule out.
We have atheist in Nigeria yes or no? Nigeria has the population of 40% Muslim, 40% Christians, 10% traditionalist, 10% atheist, deist, agnostic. Now tell me what are the chances of you being born an atheist or traditionalist? Is there any school that teaches about atheism in Nigeria?

The Muslims in China are even living in a small town, in china they teach their culture in schools, how many standard Islamic schools are in China? Wikipedia said 1.5-4% are muslims in china.

Again, you are shifting the post. Perhaps you should read back previous posts. The bone of contention is not whether people convert in Saudi Arabia or not. Or whether people leave Islam, rather whether people leave the religion they are indoctrinated with from childhood or not.
Was i disputing the bolded?

Are people converting massively?

You said I chose to remain a Muslim because it has been the religion I've been indoctrinated with since childhood, and then I asked, are there not people that leave Islam despite been doing it from childhood? If yes, why then do you assume that I still remain a Muslim because I've been doing it from childhood?
because you have been indoctrinated to fear hell fire or what other basic reason you still hold on to Islam? undecided
Ask any muslim why he/she can't convert to Christianity or Judaism and see the response.

And anything bad in that
Above context.

You are asking me to pretend, I cannot. I'm not good at pretending.
Are you scared to pretend? undecided

Indoctrination is playing a role here.

Until you've concluded your research, you have no point questioning the Qur'an.
Part of research is to question everything.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by lanrexlan(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2017
emekaRaj:

Perhaps U ar talking from the perspective of having known him b4, but theres nothing Muslim about that guy. U can go through his comments.
Someone dat doesnt believe in the unseen can't be a Muslim, because it also means u dnt believe in Allah subhanawataala who is unseen.
Exactly, belief in the unseen is what makes one a Muslim.

emekaRaj:

As for my thread that's my experience, and am sharing them, something everyone is scared of doin because of judgmental hostile attitude from the Muslim bro. But me am diferent, I dont giv a blip. I was opportune to hav met alot of Sheiks because of my experience, so I dnt tink i should care much about nairaland opinion.

U can hav a look at the thread it's for anyone who understand it. If u dnt, there's no much i can do.
I would certainly look it in sha Allah.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by lanrexlan(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
Treason is a different case here, where the person tries to harm government by waging war, violence, being rebellious.

Religion on the other should be people's choice to practice or leave.

There should be freedom of speech as long the person is not inflicting harms. E g in Saudi Arabia an atheist was killed lately for apostasy, there is no freedom of speech in that country.
Exactly, there is freedom of speech.

Changing of religion is not punishable in most cases, however, if that conversion is accompanied by an attempt to discredit Islam or propagate another religion within the islamic state, It is considered treasonable.

The apostacy law came about during the time of the prophet; in order to discredit Islam, some Jews in medina would accept islam in the day and leave by sunset; They continued to do so until the law was put in place.

Guess how many people did that act of accepting and leaving Islam the next day? None. The law is to serve as a deterrent and please, Saudi Arabia is not perfect Islam is.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by lanrexlan(m): 10:21pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
Being rational is something you can prove, something that's base on fact, we can calculate 1,2,3. We all can see the moon but can we all see angels, jinns, ghost? Can we measure them? Even those that claim to see angels, jinns, demons, ghost are yet to prove it.
What exactly are you driving at? That seeing is believing? What we cannot see, we can't prove? This is philosophy and not rationality. Islam commands belief in the unseen and it is impossible for the five senses to perceive the unseen. Rejecting this is tantamount to rejecting the existence of a creator (Allah) since it's unseen and existence of Angels and Jinns.

tintingz:
Scientists discover there are tiny objects, organism they developed a microscope to be able to examine it. But is there any evidence for spirits, supernatural entities? Scientists are still doing research on souls, spirits and am sure in the future there will be certain answers to it, a Muslim scientist even said it.
You keep asking for evidences for supernatural, things that you can touch and see. The belief in the unseen is what makes you a Muslim, if you reject that belief then you cease to be a Muslim brother. That is what differentiates you from a materialist philosopher.

No matter how much scientists research on souls, the knowledge they will have will always be little. The subject of psychology is not to understand the nature of spirit/soul but merely to investigate the effects and causes of spirit related phenomena.

You are yet to answer the question, when will scientists invent a device that would enhance the intellect? At least, to grab the full knowledge behind the soul. At least philosophers believe in the existence of the soul based on phenomena manifestations.

tintingz:
Quran is NOT is not the only book that talked about spirituality, supernaturals, there are thousands of books, and they are all contradicting.
When there are thousand of books that talked about spirituality, what is required is then to place all these books under proper scrutiny and see which one is perfect. ONLY Qu'ran matches this challenge.

tintingz:
If I can't question what I can't see or feel, ear then how can one be rational about it?
Do you believe in ALLAH??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by lanrexlan(m): 10:21pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
Ameen! cheesy

There are thousands of divine scriptures.
Yes there are thousands of acclaimed divine scriptures, but how many of them has successfully prove itself to be true except the Qu'ran??

tintingz:
Now @bolded, sounds irrational.
It is not irrational, it is not possible to explore a creation more than its creator. Maybe I should have put it in this way, "Intellect without guidance is imbalance".It is true philosophical thought is able to reach certain truths to the extent of their observation of life and their universe but not all

tintingz:
What's the treatment for malaria in the Quran, where is sickle cell in the Quran? What was the skin color of the first humans?
Allah says in Surah An Nahl 16;43 - .......So ask those who know, if you do not know.
So you expect the Qu'ran to state the cure to every disease and at the same time relates the story of every prophet?? Common akhee, it is a book of guidance and not a book about cures to diseases nor encyclopedia.

tintingz:
- First of all was there any Prophet of Allah sent to the vikings, Eskimos? How then are they guided?
According to narrations, there are 124,000 Prophets which Allah sent to different nations. The Qu'ran is not a history that would tell us the names and nations of each prophet. Instead, it tells us the purpose of all prophets was the same and that is to call people to Allah. Allah says in theSurah Ghafir 40;78 -And indeed we have sent messengers before you, of some of them we have related their story and of some we have not related their story............... Maybe a prophet was sent to the Eskimos or vikings, I can't categorically say YES but Allah says he had sent messengers to EVERY NATION. (Surah Al_Mumeenon 23;44, Surah An Nahl 16;36, Surah Yunus 10;47). And Allah speaks the truth. Allah will NEVER punish a nation sending guidance. All these things you know man.

tintingz:
- There is NO universal truth in every religion, each are having stories, mythology of their divinity.

- The listed are yet to be proven.
You don't get my point. I said any religion that claims to be true should be able to provide logical and reasonable answers to all those universal questions like "What is the purpose of creation?" "Is there a creator?" And many more

tintingz:
You're welcome bro and how're studies?
Alhamudulilah, studies is fine.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2017
lanrexlan:
Exactly, there is freedom of speech.

Changing of religion is not punishable in most cases, however, if that conversion is accompanied by an attempt to discredit Islam or propagate another religion within the islamic state, It is considered treasonable.
Why is it treason? Is the person harming anybody?

The apostacy law came about during the time of the prophet; in order to discredit Islam, some Jews in medina would accept islam in the day and leave by sunset; They continued to do so until the law was put in place.

Guess how many people did that act of accepting and leaving Islam the next day? None. The law is to serve as a deterrent and please, Saudi Arabia is not perfect Islam is.
What's wrong leaving Islam today and accepting Islam tomorrow? They have freedom to do so.
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by lanrexlan(m): 10:44pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
Yes our intellect has limit but it is evolving. Can you compare the intellect of the primitive people with modern people of today?
Is the intellect alone that is evolving? The eye and ear should also involve, don't you think so? We should be able to see and hear things the primitive man was unable to hear and see.

The funny thing is that:
It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover the stages of embryology which the Quran has mentioned more than 1400 years ago.

It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover that giving dates to a newly born child is highly beneficial and Islam has taught this more than 1400 years ago.

It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover that breastfeeding a baby for 2 years is the best and Islam has mentioned this 1400years ago.

It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover that mountains are stabilizers of the earth and Quran taught that 1400 years ago.

It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover the universe is expanding and Quran taught that 1400 years ago.

Should I go on? What your scientists are just discovering with much sophisticated equipment are what the creator has bestowed upon his prophet in the glorious Quran more than 1400 years ago. These are divine truths that undeniable except you want to lie against yourself and be unjust to the so intellect you pride yourself in.

If it takes more than 1400 years for intellect of man to evolved in order to comprehend things that happen within men and things that surround him, then how many years will it take your intellect to reach the stage of ascertaining the unseen? Eternity man

tintingz:
We choose or create our purpose.

There's no certain answer to this as there are biilions of people on earth.

Two questions, are you a Muslim by choice?

What's the purpose of animals?
The purpose of other beings except man and Jinn is to help these duo come to realize the purpose of their creation.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 10:56pm On May 22, 2017
lanrexlan:
What exactly are you driving at? That seeing is believing? What we cannot see, we can't prove? This is philosophy and not rationality. Islam commands belief in the unseen and it is impossible for the five senses to perceive the unseen. Rejecting this is tantamount to rejecting the existence of a creator (Allah) since it's unseen and existence of Angels and Jinns.
You can't tell me you saw an angel sitting on a tree without proven there was an angel there, do you expect everyone to believe you?

If I told you I saw a fairy or superman will you believe me?

You keep asking for evidences for supernatural, things that you can touch and see. The belief in the unseen is what makes you a Muslim, if you reject that belief then you cease to be a Muslim brother. That is what differentiates you from a materialist philosopher.

No matter how much scientists research on souls, the knowledge they will have will always be little. The subject of psychology is not to understand the nature of spirit/soul but merely to investigate the effects and causes of spirit related phenomena.
Does scientists know about gravity in the past? Can gravity be seen or touched? No, but Isaac Newton discovered gravity through calculation, measurement.

So why can't scientists be able to examine spirit/soul in the future?

You are yet to answer the question, when will scientists invent a device that would enhance the intellect? At least, to grab the full knowledge behind the soul. At least philosophers believe in the existence of the soul based on phenomena manifestations.
Lol, your question is like asking how can we be able to get answers from Google with just few typings in few seconds? Was that possible in the past? How are we even browsing through air waves?

When there are thousand of books that talked about spirituality, what is required is then to place all these books under proper scrutiny and see which one is perfect. ONLY Qu'ran matches this challenge.
Evidence please.

Do you believe in ALLAH??
Yes. smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by emekaRaj(m): 10:59pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
If people in Africa are seeing things, these entities should be able to tell how Nigeria will move forward.

Saudi Arabia that are also religious are developing their country through oil and hajj, they are making use of their gifts on Africans. grin
Do you know the revenue they generate from hajj every year? It is like people going for tourism and paying them.

Chai chineke........ Rationale

I give up
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by lanrexlan(m): 11:03pm On May 22, 2017
Protagoras vs. Euathlus

As an ancient story has it, Protagoras once took his student Euathlus to court. Euathlus became Protagoras’ student with a promise to pay half of his tuition fees in advance, and the second half once he would stand in front of the jurors and win his case. Once he had learnt the skills, as fortune would have it, he could not take on any cases. Some sources say that he would not take any cases in order to avoid paying the remainder of the fees. Protagoras decided to sue him for breach of contractual obligations. The interesting nature of this case is the paradox that arises as to the ruling.

Let us first hear the two sides as they plea their case.

Protagoras: “Let me tell you, most foolish of youths, that in either event you will have to pay what I am demanding, whether judgment be pronounced for or against you. For if the case goes against you, the money will be due me in accordance with the verdict, because I have won; but if the decision be in your favour, the money will be due me according to our contract, since you will have won a case.” (Aulus Gellius’ Attic Nights, Rolfe translation)

Euathlus: “So let me tell you in turn, wisest of masters, that in either event I shall not have to pay what you demand, whether judgment be pronounced for or against me. For if the jurors decide in my favour, according to their verdict nothing will be due you, because I have won; but if they give judgment against me, by the terms of our contract I shall owe you nothing, because I have not won a case.” (Aulus Gellius’ Attic Nights, Rolfe translation)

Tintingz, see the battle of logic and reasoning. Who won??
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by lanrexlan(m): 11:06pm On May 22, 2017
tintingz:
You can't tell me you saw an angel sitting on a tree without proven there was an angel there, do you expect everyone to believe you?

If I told you I saw a fairy or superman will you believe me?

Does scientists know about gravity in the past? Can gravity be seen or touched? No, but Isaac Newton discovered gravity through calculation, measurement.

So why can't scientists be able to examine spirit/soul in the future?

Lol, your question is like asking how can we be able to get answers from Google with just few typings in few seconds? Was that possible in the past? How are we even browsing through air waves?

Evidence please.

Yes. smiley
We will just be going around in circles. Just a question from this, prove the existence of Allah with all the philosophy you have been proclaiming
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 11:12pm On May 22, 2017
lanrexlan:
Yes there are thousands of acclaimed divine scriptures, but how many of them has successfully prove itself to be true except the Qu'ran??
Lol, How many divine scriptures have you read?

And what do you mean by "prove itself to be true"?

It is not irrational, it is not possible to explore a creation more than its creator. Maybe I should have put it in this way, "Intellect without guidance is imbalance".It is true philosophical thought is able to reach certain truths to the extent of their observation of life and their universe but not all
Like have said humans are evolving with time, many things will be unveil in the future.

Allah says in Surah An Nahl 16;43 - .......So ask those who know, if you do not know.
So you expect the Qu'ran to state the cure to every disease and at the same time relates the story of every prophet?? Common akhee, it is a book of guidance and not a book about cures to diseases nor encyclopedia.
But you said any reason without the revelation is zero? How then humans were able to reason out to get treatment for diseases?

According to narrations, there are 124,000 Prophets which Allah sent to different nations. The Qu'ran is not a history that would tell us the names and nations of each prophet. Instead, it tells us the purpose of all prophets was the same and that is to call people to Allah. Allah says in theSurah Ghafir 40;78 -And indeed we have sent messengers before you, of some of them we have related their story and of some we have not related their story............... Maybe a prophet was sent to the Eskimos or vikings, I can't categorically say YES but Allah says he had sent messengers to EVERY NATION. (Surah Al_Mumeenon 23;44, Surah An Nahl 16;36, Surah Yunus 10;47). And Allah speaks the truth. Allah will NEVER punish a nation sending guidance. All these things you know man.
If the Quran can mention stories of Jewish people, why can't we see stories of vikings, Eskimos, Spartans, americans, red indians, Africans and their prophets sent to them?

You don't get my point. I said any religion that claims to be true should be able to provide logical and reasonable answers to all those universal questions like "What is the purpose of creation?" "Is there a creator?" And many more
And who told they haven't? Do you bother studying other beliefs?

Alhamudulilah, studies is fine.
That's good to hear bro. smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by tintingz(m): 11:57pm On May 22, 2017
lanrexlan:
Is the intellect alone that is evolving? The eye and ear should also involve, don't you think so? We should be able to see and hear things the primitive man was unable to hear and see.
Lol, does primitive people knew how earth looks from the space? I can Google it out with just few seconds.

The more our intellect evolve the more things are invented to examine many things.

The funny thing is that:
It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover the stages of embryology which the Quran has mentioned more than 1400 years ago.
Embryology was discovered by Aristotle before Islam came.

It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover that giving dates to a newly born child is highly beneficial and Islam has taught this more than 1400 years ago.
Greek, Egypt were already practicing this before Islam came, the Greeks use astrology.

You should wonder how birthday of Jesus was fixed by romans.

It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover that breastfeeding a baby for 2 years is the best and Islam has mentioned this 1400years ago.
Lol, practice of breastfeeding can be trace to ancient Egypt, Greeks. Whether 7 years breastfeeding it doesn't matter.

Animals breastfeed their babies, who taught them?

It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover that mountains are stabilizers of the earth and Quran taught that 1400 years ago.
Does Quran also said mountains trigger earthquake?

It took your intellect and your scientists more than 1400 years to discover the universe is expanding and Quran taught that 1400 years ago.
Yes the universe is expanding, this was cosmology that has been studied before Islam came.

Should I go on? What your scientists are just discovering with much sophisticated equipment are what the creator has bestowed upon his prophet in the glorious Quran more than 1400 years ago. These are divine truths that undeniable except you want to lie against yourself and be unjust to the so intellect you pride yourself in.

If it takes more than 1400 years for intellect of man to evolved in order to comprehend things that happen within men and things that surround him, then how many years will it take your intellect to reach the stage of ascertaining the unseen? Eternity man

The purpose of other beings except man and Jinn is to help these duo come to realize the purpose of their creation.
Sorry, all what you posted have been discovered before Islam came by early scholars and some are yet to be verified.

As for your last paragraph I don't get?
Re: What Is Wrong With Tintingz? by sarahade(f): 4:48am On May 23, 2017
tintingz:
Sarah, Lol... hope dem no ban you?

Well, I'm preparing for Ramadan. May Allah(SWT) accept our ibadah towards him. cheesy
Amin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sultan Releases Telephone Numbers To Report Sighting Of New Moon / Sultan Declares June 12 First Day Of Dhul Qadah 1442AH / Eid Ul Adha (ileya) 2022 Is On The 9th Of July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.