Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? (34672 Views)

Igwe Umenyiora Donates Food Items To His Community In Anambra (Photos ) / Oyo Twins Festival: 2034 Sets Of Twins Participate / Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by tetengi4life(m): 3:09pm On May 22, 2017
On the (Saturday) 20th of May, i was called by a foundation (live-bridge foundation) to follow them to a Community that still kills twins and 3plets children in FCT. i thought it was a joke, until we got there.

The communities name is KIYI along Kuje-Gwagwalada road Abuja. When we reached there, we saw hose children that where saved from this cultural carnage. If the child grows upper teeth before the lower teeth, he/she will be smashed on a tree trunk as sacrificed to the Oracle. And if a breastfeeding mother dies, the child will be buried alive.

Also, they kill albinos children. Livebridge is working tirelessly to stop this cultural carnage. In addition to that, we did several medical examinations to treat those children, and took some to national hospital for emergency treatments and surgeries.

Vin Heritage homes where the children are saved is founded by a missionary pastor, who usually goes to the 'evil' forest to pick some of them that are still alive. Sometimes, some of the mothers that give birth to twins/3plets had to run discretely to the orphanage to donate one and present one to the community.

below are some pictures starting from the 'evil' forest
http://livebridgefoundation.org

lalasticlacla pls do the needful lets the community be enlightened. You can also verify it yourself

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by tetengi4life(m): 3:10pm On May 22, 2017
more photos

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by tetengi4life(m): 3:16pm On May 22, 2017
pic 1 and 2 : are the couples taking care of the children (during the interview with camera man)

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by tetengi4life(m): 3:16pm On May 22, 2017
k
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by blackboy(m): 4:31pm On May 22, 2017
Nigeria we hail thee. Kudos to the orphanage and the community needs enlightenment

21 Likes

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by tetengi4life(m): 4:55pm On May 22, 2017
blackboy:
Nigeria we hail thee. Kudos to the orphanage and the community needs enlightenment
indeed
That is why i wrote their story to expose this cultural carnage to the public and also attract potential philanthropists
like the screen shot below was due to this awareness that i created

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by tetengi4life(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2017
May God help us

1 Like

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by boldx(m): 9:24am On May 27, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by presented007(m): 1:23pm On May 27, 2017
In this century but why is the North so backward like this cry

18 Likes

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by merit455(m): 1:26pm On May 27, 2017
I smell lies

1 Like

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Pavore9: 1:26pm On May 27, 2017
We can excuse the ignorance of the past but it still being practiced is inexcusable.

4 Likes

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by sekundosekundo: 1:27pm On May 27, 2017
A community in Northern Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by wiloy2k8(m): 1:27pm On May 27, 2017
hmm
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by erico2k2(m): 1:28pm On May 27, 2017
In 2017 shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by scarletkinq(m): 1:30pm On May 27, 2017
Its no news that some part of Abuja are still primitive

5 Likes

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Jabioro: 1:30pm On May 27, 2017
Under what tribe this community strived ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Olibboy: 1:31pm On May 27, 2017
With all dis civilization

3 Likes

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by oshe11: 1:32pm On May 27, 2017
I cn see the Meme crew saving the 2nd to last Pix grin

7 Likes

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by AworiLagosian: 1:32pm On May 27, 2017
This happened in other parts of Nigeria, mostly in the East till about shortly before independence.

I don't know why anyone would regard Giving birth to twins or triplets as bad, when some couples are praying to have just one and are unable to get.

10 Likes

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Vtrendx: 1:32pm On May 27, 2017
Abeg e jor Seun just post this one for front page to make him money

Nothing less nothing more
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Spexo001(m): 1:33pm On May 27, 2017
merit455:
I smell lies
. . . Me too
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by viccipedia: 1:33pm On May 27, 2017
Orphanage commercial.... lol

1 Like

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Willybos(m): 1:33pm On May 27, 2017
This country need serious prayer!
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by InfinixMine: 1:33pm On May 27, 2017
Thank God for Mary Slessor for putting an end to killing of twins in Calabar and helping them to understand that they are humans and not spirit...

The light can also be passed to the Community of Kiyi.. Thanks to the orphanage home for stepping up to challenge and being courageous.

National Orientation Agency it's been I heard any developmental news from their quarters.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by jchioma: 1:34pm On May 27, 2017
Is this for real
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Lukenitheooo6(m): 1:37pm On May 27, 2017
Nawa o mary slessor i thought she ended this none sense
in this jet age hmmm
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by DanseMacabre(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2017
It wouldn't be surprising. Some parts of Nigeria are still very much backwards and traditional. Some are even still 'undiscovered', whatever that means.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin / Wada Ibrahim Waziri Is Dead / The First Race On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.