Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

I Winthrill A Scam? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Winthrill A Scam? (15595 Views)

Who Has Invested In Winthrill..please Share Your Opinions / WinThrill Network Is A Scam / Are You Still Skeptical About Winthrill. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by steve002(m): 7:05am On Mar 25, 2018
david22uu:

if u drop your number i will add u to the group i belong on it... Its not a scam, its a registered company in UK AND THEY HAVE ADDRESSES AND ACCOUNTS

its not invisible people doing it
Please add 081345---77746
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by Barezzi(m): 4:21am On Mar 29, 2018
It'll crash soon.
The red flags are everywhere.

1. Promos to drive new registrations
2. New Products with higher yields/roi
3. New Products with "longer" maturity
4. Bandwagon effect. Suddenly everyone is in on it. Lol

I predict it'll crash by last quarter of this year.

As usual, always play with money you can afford to lose.

2 Likes

Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by murshid09(m): 6:34am On Mar 29, 2018
add me 08077329690
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by imagrg(m): 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2018
Barezzi:
It'll crash soon.
The red flags are everywhere.

1. Promos to drive new registrations
2. New Products with higher yields/roi
3. New Products with "longer" maturity
4. Bandwagon effect. Suddenly everyone is in on it. Lol

I predict it'll crash by last quarter of this year.

As usual, always play with money you can afford to lose.
LET THOSE WHO HAVE EARS, HEAR!
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by adomuwiner(m): 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2018
Winthrill have not paid me after 2wks of my withdrawal request. I think that people should stay away from them because of this bad signal
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by Amazonboss(f): 11:38am On Apr 07, 2018
Uglyboy2015:
How bro? Pls put me through 070 66 23 66 95 WhatsApp

Your number is not reachable on whatsaap.
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by allyrich(f): 1:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
adomuwiner:
Winthrill have not paid me after 2wks of my withdrawal request. I think that people should stay away from them because of this bad signal

who introduced u to it?...this should be channeled to the person as member to member transfer is the fastest cos bank withrawal is on first come first serve basis...my 2 cent,no be by force to make money.its been paying me for 3yrs still counting.
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by adomuwiner(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
Winthrill is a scam.do not invest in it again. I have made a withdrawal request over 2wks now,I have not been paid

1 Like

Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by Amarapearl: 8:58am On Apr 11, 2018
it is not a scam and will not go any time soon. so many people think that you have to suffer to make money which isn't true, try and join one of their watsapp group to get a clearer picture of how it works and stop shouting that it is a scam. the company clearly stated 15 working days. like someone said to make money isn't by force. liberate yourself because no one will do it for you. Winthrills has been there since 2012 and only a few participants told people about it because they don't want people to know what they know, so chill and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by DaGreenRose: 7:21pm On May 03, 2018
You guys should stop deceiving people. I joined Winthrills about 8 months ago. I did the crowdfunding for property which completed it course 2 months ago. I requested for a withdrawal of my money immediately it completed its course and up till now I have not been paid. No response to emails. Support is dead. When I asked the person who introduced me to Winthrills, he said I should not have requested for a withdrawal. I should have looked for a member to sell my investment to. What sort of thing is that. Your money goes in and doesn't come out. Rather, you are expected to look for someone to deceive and sell the investment to.
If someone is marketing this company to you, my advice is that you should run as far as you can unless you are ready to lose money. This is just pure scam and nothing else
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by gamaliel9: 12:10pm On May 05, 2018
allyrich:

who introduced u to it?...this should be channeled to the person as [b]member to member[/ transfer is the fastest cos bank withrawal is on first come first serve basis...my 2 cent,no be by force to make money.its been paying me for 3yrs still counting.

How does this work? Does the bolded work? The person tranfers his investment to you,and you pay him or her direct to his bank account? Must it be your downline?
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by eezeribe(m): 8:22pm On May 05, 2018
DaGreenRose:
You guys should stop deceiving people. I joined Winthrills about 8 months ago. I did the crowdfunding for property which completed it course 2 months ago. I requested for a withdrawal of my money immediately it completed its course and up till now I have not been paid. No response to emails. Support is dead. When I asked the person who introduced me to Winthrills, he said I should not have requested for a withdrawal. I should have looked for a member to sell my investment to. What sort of thing is that. Your money goes in and doesn't come out. Rather, you are expected to look for someone to deceive and sell the investment to.
If someone is marketing this company to you, my advice is that you should run as far as you can unless you are ready to lose money. This is just pure scam and nothing else
You are right.winthrills is a well organised ponzi scheme.I recently joined a telegram group with 500 winthrills investors.the only way they receive their money is by buying and selling money to each other(account funding and exchange).
Direct withdrawals into your bank account takes eternity;although the winthrills network has started other means of payment such as perfect money and bitcoin.

1 Like

Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by smartleo(m): 3:30pm On May 06, 2018
david22uu:

if u drop your number i will add u to the group i belong on it... Its not a scam, its a registered company in UK AND THEY HAVE ADDRESSES AND ACCOUNTS

Please add me 08060365556
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by flexyrule(m): 7:13pm On May 21, 2018
DaGreenRose:
You guys should stop deceiving people. I joined Winthrills about 8 months ago. I did the crowdfunding for property which completed it course 2 months ago. I requested for a withdrawal of my money immediately it completed its course and up till now I have not been paid. No response to emails. Support is dead. When I aske :-Xd the person who introduced me to Winthrills, he said I should not have requested for a withdrawal. I should have looked for a member to sell my investment to. What sort of thing is that. Your money goe embarasseds in and doesn't come out. Rather, you are expected to look for someone to deceive and sell the investment to.
Have u gotten your funds now? Am having the same issue. Requested since 25th of April around 12.25am and utility now, no alert.
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by Ezekiels1976: 10:56pm On May 21, 2018
Skip to content
AdeolaE.
ADEOLAE.

Life et al.

Menu
POSTED ON BY FANNYMOSA
Winthrills Network – Ponzi? Scam? – Update
After my last post on Winthrills Network, I received numerous emails from readers who wanted to know if Winthrills actually invests in any property in the UK.
Inasmuch as I found it mildly astonishing that with all the red flags I pointed out in that post, people are still interested in putting their hard-earned (or perhaps not) money into it. Sigh.

Anyway, this post is to share what I discovered further in my research into Winthrills Network.

The Nigerian Registration
The company was registered on May 10, 2012 as MAND EE-THRILLS LTD (the spacing is not a typo). Its registered address together with the address of its three shareholders is in Minna, Niger State.

Dubious Investment Offerings
Upon signing up on their website, I was presented with an array of available investments in the UK. Quite a number of them were sold out but the available ones on their website were: Sir Thomas House (Liverpool), Dolphin Trust, Atlantic Bay Hotel, and Times Aparthotel.

I selected the Sir Thomas House project to invest in. Using the online calculator on the website, I calculated that with an investment of N1m at 0.44 interest rate, I would make a profit of N528,000 in 120days of payment grossing a total of N1,528,000 at the end of the term. (That’s right, the calculator did that.) Wow! I checked out the other projects. Similar suspiciously-high yield investments.

One at a time, I contacted the UK agencies directly involved in investments in these properties. After several emails back and forth and telephone conversations, I discovered further that, Sir Thomas House was not even available for investment as the project was concluded weeks before, and more importantly, not one of the other projects listed on Winthrills website nor any other property projects in the UK for that matter, gave ROI higher than 10% spread over 2-5years. Most of them gave 8%.

How on earth is Winthrills Network able to invest in a property that yields 8-10% returns in 2-5years and yet give its investors as much as 51% returns in 90 to 120 days?!

Here is a screenshot of the calculation done for my supposed investment: (By the way, the website owners might want to look into their calculator; I’m not sure how 0.44 yield on N1m equals N528,000. Just saying.)

But below is a screenshot of what to expect if you are to really invest in Sir Thomas House for example (different website):

In Conclusion
In final response to everyone who emailed me if I could confirm if Winthrills Network actually invests in UK properties, my response is this. As a result of my research, I am of a strong opinion that Winthrills Network does not make any investments on behalf of their subscribers.
Just like all smart Ponzi schemers know to do, some investors will get paid until the shit hits the fan. Bernard Madoff gave actual high returns in millions of dollars to his investors over several decades, and yet it was a Ponzi scheme where thousands of people lost about $18m (after government authorities recovered over $1b).
The red flags are too many. If it walks like a Ponzi, talks like a Ponzi; your guess is as good as mine. Follow your gut.

Did you miss the first post on Winthrills? Read it here.

TL; DR?
You really should click here

Did I miss something? Shoot me an email at comments@adeolae.com OR fill the form below.
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by Ezekiels1976: 11:00pm On May 21, 2018
Skip to content
AdeolaE.
ADEOLAE.

Life et al.

Menu

POSTED ON BY FANNYMOSA
Is Winthrills Network a Scam and Ponzi Scheme?
Is Winthrills Network a scam? This post is the most honest and most thorough review of Winthrills Network (aka Mandee Thrills Ltd) you will read on the internet today.

When a friend recently told me about the investment opportunities of the Winthrills Network, I was surprised that such a wonderful opportunity existed and I hadn’t heard about it. “You can make as much as 46%, 48% in 120 days!” she explained. One could make almost 50% ROI in 120 days just by crowdfunding real estate businesses in the UK? No Nigerian bank would give me that if I invested the same capital in a fixed deposit account. It sounded too good to be true. I felt almost embarrassed that a few minutes earlier, I had proudly tried to just show her the business opportunities of investing in certain herbal products.

I took down the name of this juicy investment opportunity for the purpose of conducting due diligence before I made any investment. Winthrills Network. Noted.

This post is the result of my research.

Read more
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by Ezekiels1976: 11:03pm On May 21, 2018
Skip to content
AdeolaE.
ADEOLAE.

Life et al.

Menu

POSTED ON BY FANNYMOSA
Is Winthrills Network a Scam and Ponzi Scheme?
Is Winthrills Network a scam? This post is the most honest and most thorough review of Winthrills Network (aka Mandee Thrills Ltd) you will read on the internet today.

When a friend recently told me about the investment opportunities of the Winthrills Network, I was surprised that such a wonderful opportunity existed and I hadn’t heard about it. “You can make as much as 46%, 48% in 120 days!” she explained. One could make almost 50% ROI in 120 days just by crowdfunding real estate businesses in the UK? No Nigerian bank would give me that if I invested the same capital in a fixed deposit account. It sounded too good to be true. I felt almost embarrassed that a few minutes earlier, I had proudly tried to just show her the business opportunities of investing in certain herbal products.

I took down the name of this juicy investment opportunity for the purpose of conducting due diligence before I made any investment. Winthrills Network. Noted.

This post is the result of my research.

Tl;Dr

Winthrills Network has way too many red flags.

Discrepancies in Company Objectives
First, I visited the official website of the Network. I found it strange that the site proclaimed much more of online advertising than the crowdfunding part.

Mentally shrugging, I researched further.

Lack of Regulation by Government Body
The legal Agreements and Policies of the Winthrills Network website (updated July 2017) dwelt extensively on advertising. The parts that referred to investments are captured in the screenshot below. Let’s just say my reservations began to form when the website advised users “not to invest what they cannot afford to lose”. I discovered further that the company’s offerings are not regulated by any ‘body’ or regulations. The UK Securities and Exchange Commission does not approve of the entire thing. The company is trading in illegality and admits so on its own website.

I asked myself, so what recourse do I have if something happens and I lose my money?

Curious about the founders or manager of the company, I searched for them in the UK Companies House (the UK version of the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission). I made an interesting discovery. The founder of Mandee Thrills Ltd is Michael Imonikhe Edorhe. Up until March 2017, he was the only director and the only person with significant control.

Registrations in the UK and Nigeria
The website for Winthrills states that the Network was launched in 2010. And that it got its online presence in 2012.

Not true. An online search revealed that Winthrills got its online presence on October 15, 2014. If it was launched in 2010 as the website states, then it was probably operating without being registered in Nigeria and in the UK.

Mandee Thrills was registered in Nigeria in 2012.

There is no WinThrills Network registered in the UK.

Mandee Thrills Limited, however, was registered on 24 December 2015 and not in 2010 as the website says. A possible explanation is that Winthrills probably commenced its online advertising business way ahead of Mandee Thrills’s property investment business arm. That will explain why the Facebook page for Winthrills has been around as early as 2014 even though it was not for crowdfunding purpose.

The weirdest part for me in this registration tangled yarn is the fact that Winthrills Online Solutions (a business name and not a company) was just registered in Nigeria in April 2017.

Vague Company Officers
A lot of users are under the impression that the company is owned by Stan Grossman and Michael Rotimi Richards. A painstaking search of these names yielded nothing significant. In fact, the first few pages returned in a Google search showed Stan Grossman as a fictitious character in the 1996 movie, Fargo and Little Miss Sunchine (2006). Further search showed another Stan Grossman though who is a medical practitioner. Will the real Stan Grossman please stand up?

Michael Rotimi Richards came up in my search as a computer engineer. I am still not sure if they are one and the same as the name mentioned on the Winthrills website. (Update: these people are not the same)

The name of the second director – Rubiani Stefano Richards – appointed in March 2017 also yielded no significant results upon a basic Google search. The thing is, reputable sites have their directors/partners/managers well described in their portfolio and some random name isn’t just pasted on the websites to confuse doubters like me.

What about the people on social media with positive reports of the company? These are people who affirm that the company is legitimate and their money returned to them as and when due. I cannot say. A Ponzi scheme also works the same way. People get paid; always from the subsequent payments made by new sign-ups.

Recruitment of downliners
Winthrills promises 10% (update: a reader has commented that it’s actually 5%) of your investments to your sponsor (the member who registers you). My question is this. Do I still get the full ROI on my entire capital contribution? If I ‘invested’ N1m with the expectation of a 50% ROI, and 50k out of my initial N1m is given to my sponsor, will I still get the expected 50% (500k) on the 950k left with the Network? Or will it reduce to 475k because a portion has been given out to my sponsor? There are too many grey areas in the whole set up.
Conclusion
In my opinion, the investment part of Winthrills Network is a Ponzi Scheme. It will eventually unravel unless the promoters have the good fortune of an endless supply of fresh sign-ups with huge capital and consistent roll over by existing members.

Reasons numbers 2, 3, and 4 on the US Securities and Exchange Commission’s website (screenshots above) put up bold red flags for me. I went further to determine if Mandee Thrills invests at all in any property in the UK. The research outcome is a post for another day.

This post contains my reasons for choosing not to invest my money in Winthrills Network/Mandee Thrills Ltd. They are not reasons for the reader not to go ahead and invest especially when it is money you “can afford to lose” (see underlined part in next screenshot). If you already have your money invested, it may be wise to take out your principal sum as soon as you can and, provided you have the unyielding nerve for risk, leave the interest already accrued to yield more. When Winthrills will inevitably collapse, I cannot predict.

Read the update to this post here.

It seems that the proponents of Winthrills have been notified of this article. Some of the facts I discovered during the course of my research are being modified by the company such as the ROI and the commissions payable to a subscriber. Instead of writing me an email about how my facts are incorrect, let the reader please note that these findings are valid as at Oct 2017.

Did I miss something in this post? Shoot me an email at comments@adeolae.com OR fill the form below.

Or just like the post below. Thanks!

Name(required)

Email(required)

Message(required)
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by omotola224(f): 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
The only annoying thing is when these people who have come here to complain gets paid they will never come back and say so. Nigerians prefer to spoil things lack of patience all over. Msheeeew
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by tobby1987(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nigerians Sha.... Ppl keep complaining of making withdrawal and yet not getting paid... We fail to forget Nigeria policy when it comes to sending money abroad and receiving abroad... Nigerian is d only country facing this issue and that's because of ow policy... Winthrills created oda means of withdrawal.. U can make withdrawal via block chain, payeer, perfect moneyd likes and get paid in ur btc wallet bf 15working days...well as for me am not boda about wat anybody say here... Anybody doubting or want to spoil Winthrills shud name just 1 investment Dat has last up to 8yrs.. Most annoying tin b say dose ppl wey cum here cum say Winthrills didn't pay dem won't cum back here to testify when paid...

2 Likes

Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by mrtwist(m): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
david22uu:

please add me to the group. 08030686249
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by gamaliel9: 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
I withdrew March 28th 2018...I was paid today after ....waiting for my April 28 2018 withdrawal...It is well
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by flexyrule(m): 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
omotola224:
The only annoying thing is when these people who have come here to complain gets paid they will never come back and say so. Nigerians prefer to spoil things lack of patience all over. Msheeeew
How can I get an investor to buy my funds?
The withdrawal request I made in April was reversed two days ago and I need funds urgently.
Thanks.
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by flexyrule(m): 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2018
david22uu:

I sent you a PM. I have funds for urgent sale. I need your assistance.
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by adomuwiner(m): 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
Win thrills network has not paid me my withdrawal request I made on 25/5/18 uptill now.something is wrong with this program. I have lost confidence and trust in them
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by Curiouspet: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Okay... .if you are interested in making money online legitimately by sharing a post on your facebook timeline ,reading and commenting on news on a site.... Note. You only get paid monthly... Message me on Aprildov@gmail.com to put you through on the registration process
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by Fxmanager(m): 7:06am On Jun 29, 2018
adomuwiner:
Win thrills network has not paid me my withdrawal request I made on 25/5/18 uptill now.something is wrong with this program. I have lost confidence and trust in them
You should have read this earlier.

https://www.nairaland.com/3925359/investments-anti-scam-fraud-guide
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by oladeleadebayo1: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
david22uu:

pls add me to the whatsapp group 08052115949.Thanks
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by collinsonsky(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2018
david22uu:

pls add me 08162136087
Re: I Winthrill A Scam? by collinsfhk(m): 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Is there possibility of investors getting back their money?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Recover Your Pi Wallet Passphrase / Piggyvest, Save In Dollars, Flex Dollar And Dollar Transfer / How Much Have You Lost Via the Internet Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.