Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Should I Resign From My Current Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Resign From My Current Job? (1251 Views)

Bad Encounter;my Current Boss Was The HR Were I Went To For Oral Interview / How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" / A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Resign From My Current Job? by emma2oke: 10:40am On Jan 30, 2007
Good day every one on this NNPC stuff.I think it will be nice of a good Nigerian or any other person with comprehensive details about the package (work and money) from NNPC.This is because some of us fellas are on the verge of resigning to take up this NNPC offer.On a personal note,I am in an engineering design firm for offshore and onshore facilities.I would give details of my current package if someone is sincere enough to give details of the NNPC own.I am still on my trainee probation on 60,000 now. May be on confirmation it will be 90,000/100,000 (not sure though) One will have to take loan for housing and car.No dash money. DONT READ FOR NOTHING. TELL ME SOMETHING U KNOW.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current Job? by mygodoh(m): 11:17am On Jan 30, 2007
my brother is your company an oil producing or oil servicing coy?but then i have a brother that resigned from nnpc and joined schlumberger considering your excelling opportunity.today he is doing better in terms of training,certificate acquisition,job exposure,job growth etc.you can atleast take car loan,house loan and it`s more of the onshore and offshore work which quickly exposes you the practical side of your job.it all depends if you are an engineer like me.Like i know nnpc take home pay is just within what they started you with and their usual end of year lumpsum of about 900,000naira but the opportunity to grow there is slow because of their due process way of doing things.The coy which you are in matters too my brother,let me know your coy and i will be able to give you a monosyllabic answer.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current Job? by emma2oke: 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2007
thank you Mygodoh. Actually I should have specified the nature of my place more in the first instance.If it had been schlumberger or halliburton I would have not bothered because they are international.Where I am now is privately owned by a nigerian.Engaged in designing piping systems for process plants and oil producing companies.we do basically theoretical work using software.The only time we get to go to the field is to visit the place where the design is to be made so,take pictures and video to have a knowledge of how the design will be.We dont work in the field.Schlumberger is a through and through field job
Re: Should I Resign From My Current Job? by mygodoh(m): 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2007
a black man`s coy and nnpc,my brother the difference is 7-up.you don`t need an admonish from the outside man.just quickly pick up the nnpc job as the black man company seriously deal with the philosophy of comfort zone.you stand the chance of doing far far better in nnpc than your contemporary in your present coy.i am also in the oil and gas industry so have an expound of what a black man`s coy is.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current Job? by gbemoski: 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2007
hi one love,  pls i don't have much to say but i will advice u to hurry and take the nnpc job cos that is a stable job and there is room for growth thanks
Re: Should I Resign From My Current Job? by emma2oke: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2007
Thanks mygodoh and gbemosky.Its just that I am scared with some earlier threads I saw on nairaland about the possibility of being posted to a subsidiary where one could end up not being useful to his/herself other than to show at the end of the month for the benjamin.I am not such a type of person.But I sincerely thank u for sharing with me.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current Job? by afaitho(m): 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2007
Guys!What would u people say about NNPC and SPDC?

(1) (Reply)

Gtb Test Result / Intercontinental Bank's Interview! / Pharmacist(s) Needed In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.