Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting (13713 Views)

Check This New And Amazing Android Launcher Out / Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name / Which Android Launcher Is The Best For Smooth Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:24am On May 23, 2017
One of the best things about the Android OS is the ability to customize your Android smartphone to suit your taste. If you want to customize your device totally you can root your phone and use a custom ROM or Xposed Framework.

However, rooting your android phone voids it's warranty and in some cases brick your phone.
In this article, I'll be giving to you an Android Launcher Step By Step Customization Guide.
Here's a glimpse of my home screen.

This is a just a minimalistic type of customization. Heavy customization may affect your device.
. You're free to customize yours as you like but if you want exactly what I used. Here are the apps you'll need. The download link is available at the source.

Nova Launcher Prime
TeslaUnread
Zooper Widget Pro
Ocea Zooper Widget Collection
Moon Rise Icon Pack (You can use any other icon pack though)
*Install All The Apps. We'll set it up in the following order.
#1. Nova Launcher Prime (Setting It up to work with Tesla Unread and Moonrise Icon Pack)
2# Zooper Widget Pro (setting it to work with Ocea Widgets)

#1.Setting Up Nova Launcher
Go To Nova Settings and set it with the following settings.
Desktop >Turn On Persistent Search Bar
Set your search bar style
Dock > Turn On Dock and Set Transparency to 100%
Look And Feel > Launcher Theme >Moon Rise Icon Pack
Notification Badges > to On And Set Your own style

#2 Setting Up Zooper Widget.
Bar

Long Press Your Home Screen
Select Widget
Go Scroll down to Zooper Widgets and Select A Widget Bar
Go back to your home screen and tap the bar. It'll open the Zooper Widget app. Scroll down to Ocea Zooper widget and select your preferred widget type.
With that you'll successfully customize your home screen and launcher.

Extra Tip : The icon pack may not change all the icons. You can manually change the icon of an app by holding it and dragging to the edit option shown at the top of your screen. There are always various icons to choose from.

4 Likes

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:24am On May 23, 2017
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:30am On May 23, 2017
*Images

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Floridax(m): 7:05am On May 23, 2017
like seriously ..dem nor de teach person this thing na ....I am a master on my own

7 Likes

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:08am On May 23, 2017
Floridax:
like seriously ..dem nor de teach person this thing na ....I am a master on my own

grin.. You're good.. The customization is a little bit heavy though. I prefer light customization. Which apps did you use

1 Like

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Floridax(m): 7:08am On May 23, 2017

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Floridax(m): 7:11am On May 23, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

grin.. You're good.. The customization is a little bit heavy though. I prefer light customization. Which apps did you use
I like every thing in one package ,,my style

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Floridax(m): 7:13am On May 23, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

zooper widget ,praos icon pack and nova launcher prime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by kingPhidel(m): 7:24am On May 23, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by sexyboocalher(f): 7:24am On May 23, 2017
Cool but no time for all these!

1 Like

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by ugleenerd: 7:26am On May 23, 2017
Waaaawwwuuuu... grin
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by smartty68(m): 7:26am On May 23, 2017
Cool but I hate launchers
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Dani4tech(m): 7:27am On May 23, 2017
Waste of time... Get a xiaomi phone, the rest is history!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Nobody: 7:30am On May 23, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by 007author(m): 7:32am On May 23, 2017
Nice one
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by johncallidon(m): 7:32am On May 23, 2017
Op, thanks for the info.
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Rapsainot(m): 7:33am On May 23, 2017
So disgusting!!! Team IOS I don't need extra bodies to make it slay tongue
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by smartty68(m): 7:33am On May 23, 2017
Floridax:
After all this heavy customizations, battery starts draining like kilode, device starts getting slower, laggy, freezes and heats up like ring boiler cheesy, charging your device every now and then, slow device start-up, may even crash the OScheesy

Anyways, another mans meat is another mans poison tongue

Good morning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Slimfeez(m): 7:33am On May 23, 2017
Floridax:
..... add me up on whatsapp,08069150847, we have a talk
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by chuksvoice: 7:39am On May 23, 2017
Dani4tech:
Waste of time... Get a xiaomi phone, the rest is history!

What's so special abt xiaomi phone?
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by biz9ja(m): 7:43am On May 23, 2017
Nice one

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Techpaded(f): 7:46am On May 23, 2017
Nice info NTG
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by vickylincon(m): 7:46am On May 23, 2017
Floridax:
I like every thing in one package ,,my style
which launcher is that pls
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Kingxway: 7:46am On May 23, 2017
Nice one
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by KINGwax007(m): 7:47am On May 23, 2017
I hope the kids are listening?

I have more use to my phone than these...

5 Likes

Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by Floridax(m): 7:49am On May 23, 2017
smartty68:

After all this heavy customizations, battery starts draining like kilode, device starts getting slower, laggy, freezes and heats up like ring boiler cheesy, charging your device every now and then, slow device start-up, may even crash the OScheesy

Anyways, another mans meat is another mans poison tongue

Good morning
not this one..there is nothing heavy there ...its like u haven't use zooper before ...the litest widget ever ...

those are just variables...it just take 10mb of ram ....that's it not heavy ..I repeat once again

and I didn't use any themes ....I just created my own widget...

very lite
Re: How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting by KINGwax007(m): 7:50am On May 23, 2017
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need Information On Glo Closed User Group (CUG) / HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years / Bolt Browser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.