Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Is This Lawyer Insensitive Or He Is Just Trying To Sound Smart - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is This Lawyer Insensitive Or He Is Just Trying To Sound Smart (895 Views)

Organics Products To Sound Health / Joseph Ashefel, Lawyer Collapses And Dies At High Court In Abuja. Photo / Mad Man And Woman Trying To Have Sex In Abia Caught. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Lawyer Insensitive Or He Is Just Trying To Sound Smart by pweeryambre: 4:26pm On May 23, 2017
As i was watching a debate on TVC, topic: (Should suicide be decriminalized in Nigeria) A lawyer, Olanrewaju Ajanaku is supporting the idea of suicide to be punishable by law against his opponent Dr Maymuna Yusuf Kadir
Now I do not encourage suicide attempts at all, but I think I go with the Lady and all her points that suicide should be decriminalized as criminalizing it will simply not help the situation, I believe she did her research well before coming on stage.
Mr...Olanrewaju Ajanaku Said his own definition of suicide is when one is unable to manage his inability to give back to the society as a result sees suicide as an option... That if one must attempt suicide then the victim must make sure he dies other wise he must be prosecuted. (Imagine that)
In the video The Lady doc. Kept going straight to the points with very convincing argurements while the lawyer kept trying to put her down with his no-point argurements. at a point he had to wave her off with his left hand which I think was rude.
A question was thrown at him about a 51year old lady that attempted suicide as a result of being duped of over 18million naira, his response was that the woman pretended to attempt suicide in order to raise sentiments and sympathy (how ridiculous)
Towards the end another question was thrown at him by an audience and he responded with a very weak reply which he quickly backed up with a statement "that one with depression must speak up because I'm not in your mind, even the devil is not in your mind"
He also kept trying to twist the lady doctor's question to suite his misguided opinions on the issue.

Is this the kind of lawyers we have in this country, and please the fellow so called learned colleagues should never defend him and claim they understood him because every point this lawyer made was totally flawed.
All in all, I was glad the Maymunah was able to finish him off at the end, I actually felt sorry for the lawyer.
And please we need more psychiatrics and psychologist/shrinks in this country and not everyone rushing to study medicine and nursing.
We also need to stop seeing marriage as the ultimate achievement rather saving lives and helping one another should be the ultimate achievement.

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DPbar-Y2YDek&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj2leufiIbUAhXDaVAKHUWoCWsQtwIICzAA&usg=AFQjCNGYmzT7PRctAX_WtRqSnMnP8tZEXA

Re: Is This Lawyer Insensitive Or He Is Just Trying To Sound Smart by WhistleB(m): 4:47pm On May 23, 2017
The guy is smart. But let the lawyers come in and talk.
Re: Is This Lawyer Insensitive Or He Is Just Trying To Sound Smart by pinkpant: 4:55pm On May 23, 2017
WhistleB:
The guy is smart. But let the lawyers come in and talk.
Is like you did not watch the video, even without watching the video he did not sound smart... the lady rubbished him.
Re: Is This Lawyer Insensitive Or He Is Just Trying To Sound Smart by swagguElite(m): 4:55pm On May 23, 2017
I came here seeking well detailed talk about what actually happened ...you ar here busy telling me

"The Lady doc. Kept going straight to the points with very convincing argurements while the lawyer kept trying to put her down with his no-point argurements"

What were the points the Lady doc raised that you felt touched to comment as very convincing arguments! ...

you onli mentioned the part of the lawyer ... How do you expect us to judge both arguments without hearing both parties! ...that leads us to nothing but an EpicGreatAdventureOfCircumstantialNothing!

Am very interested in the points raised by the woman! ...we are all here to learn ...fella! ...Feed MeMore!

1 Like

Re: Is This Lawyer Insensitive Or He Is Just Trying To Sound Smart by pweeryambre: 5:02pm On May 23, 2017
swagguElite:
I came here seeking well detailed talk about what actually happened ...you ar here busy telling me

"The Lady doc. Kept going straight to the points with very convincing argurements while the lawyer kept trying to put her down with his no-point argurements"

What were the points the Lady doc raised that you felt touched to comment as very convincing arguments! ...

you onli mentioned the part of the lawyer ... How do you expect us to judge both arguments without hearing both parties! ...that leads us to nothing but an EpicGreatAdventureOfCircumstantialNothing!

Am very interested in the points raised by the woman! ...we are all here to learn ...fella! ...Feed MeMore!
I put the link up there...watch the video... if i should write everything they said it might take a whole page... and please this is not for people that are in a hurry to comment.

Her points were:
that people attempting suicide needs psychological help, by way of rehab, love, financial support, care etc
that Nigeria has been following British law criminalizing suicide which was passed by lord luggards decade's ago and has been inefficient and needs to be reviewd
That even in the UK, a person attempted suicide is never prosecuted by the law as the person is believed to have not been in right frame of mind at the time due to some possible mental issues.
that also criminalizing suicide attempts with a fine of 500k is outrageous as the victim may not have anywhere else to get the money from there by compounding his problems.
Giving the condition of our current state of our country its easy to see reasons why one can decide to take their own life...ranging from unemployment, underemployment, poverty, kidnapping, lose of property, life etc.
etc etc etc
that there is not enough psychiatrics doctors to help the situation in Nigeria.. it's ratio is one psychiatric doctor to a million psychiatric patient which is clearly overwhelming.
Etc etc etc
Re: Is This Lawyer Insensitive Or He Is Just Trying To Sound Smart by swagguElite(m): 5:50pm On May 23, 2017
pweeryambre:

I put the link up there...watch the video... if i should write everything they said it might take a whole page... and please this is not for people that are in a hurry to comment.

Her points were:
that people attempting suicide needs psychological help, by way of rehab, love, financial support, care etc
that Nigeria has been following British law criminalizing suicide which was passed by lord luggards decade's ago and has been inefficient and needs to be reviewd
That even in the UK, a person attempted suicide is never prosecuted by the law as the person is believed to have not been in right frame of mind at the time due to some possible mental issues.
that also criminalizing suicide attempts with a fine of 500k is outrageous as the victim may not have anywhere else to get the money from there by compounding his problems.
Giving the condition of our current state of our country its easy to see reasons why one can decide to take their own life...ranging from unemployment, underemployment, poverty, kidnapping, lose of property, life etc.
etc etc etc
that there is not enough psychiatrics doctors to help the situation in Nigeria.. it's ratio is one psychiatric doctor to a million psychiatric patient which is clearly overwhelming.
Etc etc etc
Good job! ... Just so you know if I had the mb to spare to watch the video ...I would have! ...it is gud you managed to get her points down here! ...Good job!

Meanwhile I guess the lady has a point! ... But points don't make changes without the altitude of voices! ... We can stand against the obnoxious policy of making attempted suicide a crime only if we have the greater voice both on the streets Nd in the senate!

But the time is not ripe for such attention now! ... The nation is more busy with whether Buhari was dead on arrival or whether Buhari death announcement is delayed so as to enable a swiftSwing ofAMilitaryCoup thereby preventing osinbajo from possessing the mantle of power!

You want your voice to be heard ...you have to wait for the noise to rideTheirBikesOffTheCliff! ...by the way;Good job... fella!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Unbelievable Ways Women Handled Menstruation Before Sanitary Pads And Tampons / Nursing School Or University Degree? / Essential Oils For Earache And Ear Infections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.