Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? (12110 Views)

7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design / How To Get A Good Web Hosting In Nigeria / MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by lagbaja(m): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2005
Can someone give me a lead on any good web design service in Nigeria?
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by Afam(m): 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2005
Just Web Services can help you. See www.justwebservices.com to learn more.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by gpaul3rd: 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2005
My company, a construction company, based in Liberia wants to design its web page.
CAn you do it?
How much does it cost?
What and waht is needed?
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by timmy(m): 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2005
hope its not fraud oh..

well u can send a mail from www.tech-impact.com il get back to you
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by Afam(m): 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2005
My company, a construction company, based in Liberia wants to design its web page.

CAn you do it?
A lot of people can design web pages. What exactly do you want the web developer to design? What do you want to achieve on your website? What functionalities do you want on the site? These questions and more are what you need to have answeres to before you ask any prospective website developer if he/she can perform or not.

How much does it cost?

Unless there is a clear understanding of the requirements and expectations no one can correctly quote for a job of this nature. I will advice you get in touch with a developer or better still some developers, tell them what you want and get feedbacks from them.

What and waht is needed?

From your end

1. Clear requirements - what you want to achieve with the site should be made very clear

2. Complete and/or relevant information that you want on the site

3. Cash unless someone decides to do it for free for you
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by dejiolowe: 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2005
You guys can try www.deefrent.com or email bola@deefrent.com. They are good.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by mingiix: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2005
Become a DES-WEBS affiliate. Get free web site within 48hrs of your application being approved.
http://www.des-webs.com/affiliate
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by brushparke(m): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2005
Web design has just been made easier and cheaper by www.asorockhost.com/webdevelopment.htm.
For just N25,000.00 Your site is proffessionally designed and hosted with hosting on 1oomb disk space/2gigs bandwith
and unlimited email, unlimited Ftp accounts.Try us and tell others about us.By offering quality hosting we are the best.
See www.asorockhost.com/webdevlopment.htm
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by timmy(m): 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2005
@brushparke OMG so you guy are among the ppl who dirty out jobs, au can u come out to charge 25,000.. angry

wtf... man im not enjoying this at all. by the way can i see any of your portfolios (if not all, cos i need to know your level of professionalism tongue)
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by Afam(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2005
Hi Timmy,

You are getting worked up for nothing. You will see all kinds of promises by web developers some as low as N7,500.00 to set up top professional websites including hosting and basically everything.

The thing is that the website owners are partly responsible because they tend to reduce everything to a single parameter, price and they never get to understand the problems until they start having problems with the website developer.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by bala(m): 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2005
goodday if you are ready i can design it for you,this is my email address bpaliyu@yahoo.com.when ever you are ready let me now so that we can discuss how you want it to be
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by shockreaction(m): 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2005
You can request for a quote using the Contact Form at http://www.definedworks.com/contact.html

smiley
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by dejiolowe: 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2005
The truth is the average customer doesn't know what he wants and doesn't want to pay good money for good quality work. That is one of the reasons why we don't have too many good sites in naija.

Also, most of the 'web designers' are half bakes or unbaked (or some rats just ate the best part of them grin) and so they produce very dirty jobs. Of course, they are priced dirt cheap. I can't imagine that people still use fireworks/imageready to slice images for web. they don't know web standards, accessibility, css, AJAX, ét al. These dudes still use tables for layouts.

I mean, what do you expect for 25,000? Hosting, unlimited emails. duh!!!

Plain and simple. Good and professional websites are expensive. Good and reliable hosting is never too affordable. What about after sales support? Are they going to be there when you need them most?

What about application support? Ruby on rails, Miva Merchant, .NET 2.0? All these guys provide only dumbed PHP, Perl and some classic ASP. What about content management system? What about content? If you see what a lot of these guys write on their website, you will weep for their grand mothers...

And some of them do ahead to develop websites for 419s. Thank God, there is always a way to track and CATCH them (that is if I can)....
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by 4real(m): 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2005
Well i would agree with you on that matter, but the thing is you can still put out wonderful websites, with those small softwares you talked about, and yes alot of peole do it for 419, God help any who comes to our office i would collect his money and hand him over to efcc, but in all, if you want a good soup be ready to pay, the only time i bring down my price is if i know that the person needs the site and can not pay.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by brushparke(m): 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2005
timmy:

@brushparke OMG so you guy are among the people who dirty out jobs, au can u come out to charge 25,000.. angry

wtf... man im not enjoying this at all. by the way can i see any of your portfolios (if not all, because i need to know your level of professionalism tongue)
dejiolowe:

The truth is the average customer doesn't know what he wants and doesn't want to pay good money for good quality work. That is one of the reasons why we don't have too many good sites in Nigeria.

Also, most of the 'web designers' are half bakes or unbaked (or some rats just ate the best part of them grin) and so they produce very dirty jobs. Of course, they are priced dirt cheap. I can't imagine that people still use fireworks/imageready to slice images for web. they don't know web standards, accessibility, css, AJAX, ét al. These dudes still use tables for layouts.

I mean, what do you expect for 25,000? Hosting, unlimited emails. duh!!!

Plain and simple. Good and professional websites are expensive. Good and reliable hosting is never too affordable. What about after sales support? Are they going to be there when you need them most?

What about application support? Ruby on rails, Miva Merchant, .NET 2.0? All these guys provide only dumbed PHP, Perl and some classic ASP. What about content management system? What about content? If you see what a lot of these guys write on their website, you will weep for their grand mothers...

And some of them do ahead to develop websites for 419s. Thank God, there is always a way to track and CATCH them (that is if I can)....

This is really interesting.What is the offence in designing a promotional programme just to get more nigerians on the web? I have come to realise that so many nigerians who have very beautiful concept to sell on the web have all been discouraged by greedy web designers who due to job draught because of their poor marketting
, usually want to squeeze their customers dry.
i myself haven developed over twelve sites for customers , only resently dveloped my own site early this year.Why this? I was working hard to make my site look like yahoo.com forgetting that i am just a starter.Untill i realised that no matter how well and how much time you spend designing a site, you will still need to upgrade or make some changes sooner than later. so i decided that i was going to get my site onlline .Today i'm happier for it because today i already have three money making sites running with a fourth comming soon.
Now how many nigerians can afford the kind of money you charge for web sites knowing that majority of those who attend money making seminars across the country do not make up to N300,000.00 per annum.i was baffled to hear someone demanding N450,000 for a simple portal.Have we ever wondered how india became the prefered destination for outsourcing amongst Americans and Europeans?Do yo know that with just $500, you can get the kind of portal you have never seen in Nigeria from these indians?
Well These are issues we Nigerians should ponder about.Let's stop discouraging potential enterpreneurs as if web development is Brain surgery.
Rather than condem,let's get the best out of this forum by learning from one anothers experiences.Besides N25,000 + Hosting is our lowest rate for a basic website.
Every organisation has Service secrets, and jokers which is cardinal to their survival.Timmy if u want to prove me wrong, try me. Eat competition.Don't be scared of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by timmy(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2005
Timmy if u want to prove me wrong, try me. Eat competition.Don't be scared of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really LMFAO  cheesy grin cheesy grin.... competition from you? OMG shocked i don't think so man, not from what i saw on your site.. abeg really you no dey try at alllll, no be mouth ohh na experience..

Youre making the job look wack and u call that market strategy. abeg show us your 12 portfolio and lets know what you can do.. by the way i got this company who wants to pay 50,000 for a site but im so busy to touch his job, ill contact him to see if hes still down. then il pay you 12,000 to do the job plus and extra 500 just for pally sake ;  LMAO  grin
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by brushparke(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2005
hi timmy the big shot........... cryi really feel like crying for you.It's easy for any body to give all that bull talk any way. Still we know it's 1000 times easier to criticise than creat.well keep working with your banks.Soon one of the mega banks will be so impressed they would hand you ownership of the bank.Good luck.I'll let you have the last say.
What a clown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by timmy(m): 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2005
haa, when you know say you no get choice.. tongue

[size=4pt]*just improve u scrapy skills*[/size]
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by smartsoft(m): 2:30am On Dec 17, 2005
hey make i tell you if you bring yah.. body make timmy design am..Timmy go design am.. wella wella.. Hey timmy Wetin you talk say i talk huh ?
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by timmy(m): 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2005
smartsoft:

hey make i tell you if you bring yah.. body make timmy design am..Timmy go design am.. wella wella.. Hey timmy Wetin you talk say i talk huh ?

lol, omo this guy where you dey, by the way i dont get you ohh.. wetin u yarn kee.. anyways no mind that webdesigner wey no fit value him skills, imagine (N25,000) man im still baffled
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by 4real(m): 8:15am On Dec 19, 2005
Abeg timmy what is your stress, cause your brother for somewhere has helped you with a job, you don't want the rest of us to hear word, if i charge 5,000 for my site, is it any of your biz, we all don't have big brothers to help us and so we start from the begining, and am sure your sites are not all that tech, well sha, i agree that prices should not be that low, but if a man got to eat, then a man got to work, so timmy, keep your big month shot and stop playing big boy for us angry
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by timmy(m): 10:04am On Dec 19, 2005
Abeg timmy what is your stress, cause your brother for somewhere has helped you with a job, you don't want the rest of us to hear word,

@4real: see what i mean, u guys just dont have it, not even a bit.. what if i tell you i have "NEVER" used a big bros or uncle of anysorth to get a job, not once not ever, i started out on my own, walked round the streets of lagos on my own got the jobs on my own and valued my clients on my own tongue, see let me give you a lil info, when you are good.. you dont need god fathers to solicite for you.. you guys can only do 5,000 -12000 k jobs and would never get better, cos youre myopic about the whole stuff, even the admin of this site falls into that class. you dont believe a single guy can get to knock out a corporate job.
but if a man got to eat, then a man got to work,
well if its just to put food in your mouth, no wahala well at least a 5,000 can last you to eat all through the week... LMAO

all am telling you guys is to value your skills and talent, and youre teling me am boasting *odé*..{hiss}

keep your big month shot and stop playing big boy for us
well if u remain the way you are, im sorry but ill have to remain the big boy i am to you tongue
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by 4real(m): 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2005
well i never said you were a big boy i said stop claiming to be one, if were trying to give us advise do so, and not insult us, and for your info i don't collect 5,000 for food, money is no problem for me, i thank God, since my company also worked on the JAMB, WAEC database, and also project sites that we have, but i still did it cause the money is not problem, i use it to sow seeds into peoples lives, i charge don't get me wrong, but someone wants to charge 25,000 for his own job, he has his own reasons, why not just talk to him and reason with him, and tell him how he can get better money from the next job, that is why this forum is here, to talk and help each other.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by demmy(m): 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2005
Clash of web designers!!! grin
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by 4real(m): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2005
no we are not fighting ok
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by timmy(m): 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2005
the real man called 4 real, now thats the spirit.. i like dat

any way, war over... k let just understand dat we need to value our skilld and talent, our clients don av a choice dey av to pay.. just like what the telecomms guys and oil companies are duin.. we dont av a choice but to buy from them not minding the prices.. this way everybody can be happy.. and u can become an employer of laour at even a young age
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by Afam(m): 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2005
i was baffled to hear someone demanding N450,000 for a simple portal.Have we ever wondered how india became the prefered destination for outsourcing amongst Americans and Europeans?Do yo know that with just $500, you can get the kind of portal you have never seen in Nigeria from these indians?

The quote above was from brushparke.

I will demand N450,000.00 for a portal.

Now, if you think that N450,000.00 is way too much and that you can do it for $500.00, it logically follows that $500.00 is way too much because someone will be ready to do it for N20,000.00, get my drift?

Building a successful web business or tranforming a regula business into an online process is not just about web design and basic code tweaking.

You may choose to run other people down to make your point but the fact remains that not everyone will be willing to listen to you.

My site is at www.justwebservices.com. I have a few clients and they are all very happy and that is what matters.

I have had to turn down more than 25 web projects for reasons ranging from unclear terms of references on the part of the client to impossible list of deliverables.

I hardly advertise but these guys keep coming from already existing clients and only happy clients will refer clients to you.

I never engage in price wars because it is self defeating and never lasts.

One of my clients just sent me an email thanking me for turning her into a web guru simply because I installed good content management system and taught her other basic things she needed to know about managing every part of the website without my help.

She even plays around with images, uploads them and she is happy. See her site at www.travelnigeria.info and see what she has turned the site into without much help from me.

So, while you continue to run people down, they will be making clients happy and smiling to the bank.

You must realize that web business is basically a service oriented business and it is the level of client loyalty and satisfaction that really matters and not technical jargons.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2005
I'm with Afam. One web design firm can charge ten times what another one charges for the same site simply because it is able to make clients more confident that the money and time they are spending on a project would not be wasted.

For some busy people, it is actually cheaper to spend an extra 200,000 naira on a website development project than to work with a cheap web developer who might waste time or make many mistakes that will have to be corrected over several weeks. Time is money, and some people value their time much more than money.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by brushparke(m): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2005
Afam and Seun i really love your approach to this whole thing. Atleast for recognising that everyone has got a right.Unlike what the self aclaimed
bigshot was saying.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by 4real(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2005
well now that the war is over, i guess we all can help each attain the height we all should get to. the main thing is that you sohlud charge what you feel is right for you to be paid.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by Afam(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2005
Thanks Seun. With time, a lot of companies will shut down their websites and look for providers that can translate their regular business to a successful online business.

The main reason I usually give prospective clients that I turn down their requests to build websites for is that I am not looking for clients that will taste the web for just one year and shut down because they cannot see any value in it.

I did a site for someone in the real estate industry for less than N20,000.00 about 2 years ago. He keeps telling me that all his peers respect him even when most of them have very expensive websites that are basicaly not effective.

He is so thrilled to the extent that he asked me if I needed to change anything as regards the functionality, style or anything. I simply informed him he could get a better website for a much higher price but since he has been a loyal client I will not charge him much and he agreed to redo the site for N100,000.00 first year and N58,000.00 subsequent years.

He is only comfortable doing so because he is happy and believes that he is in a safe hand. It is not about the money, it is about the service.
Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? by timmy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2005
brushparke:

Unlike what the self aclaimed bigshot was saying.
LMAO grin cheesy, at least you cant say that about your self tongue

anyway enuff of the war, hen just relax and let loose ur beef, you cant take that into the new year you know wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Successfully Upgrade Mysql Of Wamp Server / He Does Not Have Money For Hosting And Domain Name. What Should He Do? / Nairaland Trends On Twitter...check Out Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.