Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration:my Experience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration:my Experience (588 Views)

When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security / Many Nigerians Arrested, Their Cars Damaged During An Immigration Raid In India / Ehumibe Moji Dada Omoh, Immigration Officer In Police Net Over Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration:my Experience by bsaying(m): 8:04pm On May 23, 2017
Last week Monday, 15/05/17,i headed to the Nigerian immigration office in Asaba, with the hope to renew my expired passport, on getting to the immigration office, I was stopped at the gate and asked who I was there to see, I told the immigration security there that I hadn't come to see anyone but to renew my passport, he said we'll, I can't let you in until you have someone you are here to see because when you get to the front desk they will surely ask you who you are there to see, at this point, I this point I sensed this security man is trying to play a fast one on me because I am also a govt worker and you don't stop people from accessing a public building like that except on specific reasons, so I got angry and we created a scene, other officers came and asked me to calm down, to cut the story short, they gave me a number of an immigration officer and asked me to meet him inside, and when I got to d front desk,i signed in my name and purpose of visit, without been asked who I was looking for...
So I met the officer, and I told him I needed my passport that week I am applying because I need to fill a form with it, he said that's not a problem but reminded me that passport papers are scarce in Nigeria now, I told him if he can't bring it out, that it's not a problem that I am traveling to Abuja and a friend has asked to do it for me for 18000,he said there's no need for that, but that the cost is30k but we ended it at 26k....i initially adjusted properly because fee is much compared to what am privy to.....so I asked people around and I discovered others did theirs with 28k,27k and another man for 30k...
So we began the process, a man was assigned to help me print out my details online and do my payment online,when he logged in, I saw the payment done to federal government account was 17500naira... the guy helped in the online payment cos that's their job there... He created a profile for me and gave me a file, I did my capturing and finger print scan too..... He asked me to call him next day to know the progress, so next day I called and he said he was in a meeting, later the 3rd day we talked and this officer told me that they have passport papers but I have to give him another 15k so he can bring it out that day.....that would make it a total of 41000naira for a passport....till today I have not gotten the passport because the 15k extra hasn't been sent to him... I have to now wait till I am called for it......
Am writing this just to share an experience... Thanks[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration:my Experience by Ndukings92(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2017
sir u better go and negotiate with that agent of a guy.I paid an additional 5k apart from d initial 28k o o.and 4 days my passport was released thou am now in a bigger trouble
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration:my Experience by bsaying(m): 8:27pm On May 23, 2017
Ndukings92:
sir u better go and negotiate with that agent of a guy.I paid an additional 5k apart from d initial 28k o o.and 4 days my passport was released thou am now in a bigger trouble

Someone told Me he had to pay 5k too.... Let the passport stay there first na....i didn't even fill the form again
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration:my Experience by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 23, 2017
There should be an agency we can report all these corrupt people to.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration:my Experience by bsaying(m): 9:49pm On May 23, 2017
modelmike7:
There should be an agency we can report all these corrupt people to.

sincerely
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration:my Experience by Ndukings92(m): 10:43pm On May 23, 2017
bsaying:

Someone told Me he had to pay 5k too.... Let the passport stay there first na....i didn't even fill the form again
sir d earlier d better cos our country as a nation is corrupt.unless u are not in need of it soon

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Notorious Cult Leader Shot Dead During Gun Battle With The Army In River / My Experience With Policemen / Kidnapper Evans Shows Off Gunshot Scar He Got During A 2006 Bank Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.