Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Why You Should Eat Avocados - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why You Should Eat Avocados (24522 Views)

Guess You Didn’t Know This About Avocados / Reasons Why You Should Eat Dinner Early / Food That People Above 45 Should Eat And Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Eat Avocados by Opinionated: 11:20am On May 24, 2017
You’re probably asking, why Avocados? Why not fruits like mango, orange, pineapple. Well, we understand your curiosity which is why we have carefully listed all the benefits you probably didn’t know about. Often referred to as fleshy fruit, avocados are packed with nutrients and heart-healthy compounds. According to Jumia market team, below are reasons we should eat them regularly

Nutritional Facts

1. Avocados contain small amounts of sugar- fructose, glucose, and galactose in comparison to other fruits. Due to their low sugar content, avocados do not raise blood sugar levels to a great extent.

Avocado has a substantial amount of 4.5 grams of fiber which is capable of regulating appetite, feeding the friendly bacteria in the gut, and reducing the risk of many diseases.

3. Filled with monosaturated fatty acids- a great source of healthy fats, Avocados have a protective effect against inflammation, diabetes and heart diseases.For pregnant women, Avocados are essential for normal cell function and tissue growth as it contains 20% Folate (B9) of the required dietary allowance.When it comes to blood pressure control and heart health, Potassium is an essential mineral and avocados actually contain 14% of this beneficial mineral compared to bananas.

4. [/b]Avocados contain 17% of Vitamin C, an important antioxidant for immune function and skin health. Avocados contain various carotenoids like zeaxanthin and lutein’ which are beneficial for eye health and can reduce the risk of age-related eye diseases.Persenones A and B: Avocados contain these unique antioxidants that may protect the body against inflammation and cancer.

[b]

Other Health Benefits

Reduces Symptoms of Arthritis

Arthritis is the progressive deterioration of the joint cartilage. Avocado oil (33%) and soybean oil (66%) are primarily used to suppress and finally treat symptoms in people suffering from arthritis, especially in the knee and hip area.

Helps Lower Cholesterol Level

As well as increasing feelings of fullness, the oleic acid in avocados can help reduce cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is one of the main risk factors for heart disease. The cholesterol-lowering properties of avocado, along with its folate content, help keep your heart healthy.

Increases Longevity

Xanthophyll, a powerful antioxidant helps in decreasing signs of the aging process on different parts of your body.Avocado is one of the fruits which contains this antioxidant.

Protects your Skin

Avocados are high in fat, but these are the “good” polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats that are healthy for skin. Polyunsaturated fats keep your skin protected from sun damage and inflammation.Monounsaturated fats keep the top layer of skin moisturized so that it’s healthy and safe from premature wrinkles.

source:http://www.opinions.ng/why-you-should-eat-avocados/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Queenbalikees(f): 11:22am On May 24, 2017
hmmmm, ok
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by CaptainGOOD: 11:22am On May 24, 2017
Ayam disappointed.
I was expecting to see "it also helps man's best friend John Blokos, to remain a strong soldier"

Itis well!.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by brunofarad(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2017
Ok

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Najyin(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2017
I love it. Especially with bread.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by lilybonny(f): 11:24am On May 24, 2017
Thanks for the info _ OP... Anyway love eating them.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Jabioro: 11:24am On May 24, 2017
Is it available in Nigeria..avocados..
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Chiefpriest1(m): 11:24am On May 24, 2017
Don't know abt what it contains, but take avocado with rice, beans, bread, soaked garri etc. Simply heavenly.

Only problem is that the one I can pluck in my backyard in the village for free is the same they sell for 200 per unit here.

Buy an average of five in a week, salary don go...

I just tire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by negz1(m): 11:25am On May 24, 2017
Good good tot it wud be a good sperm enhancer #jstsaying
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by ekensi01: 11:25am On May 24, 2017
Oh Lord Have Mercy.

I lost ftc
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 11:25am On May 24, 2017
Is good for making Eba or cooking okro soup too tongue
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 11:26am On May 24, 2017
Avocado and lemon juice blended together is kiss for salad dressing. Its very healthy too.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by lilybonny(f): 11:26am On May 24, 2017
Najyin:
I love it. Especially with bread.
Yeah, it tastes so good with bread.
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by nkemdi89(f): 11:26am On May 24, 2017
Avocado ice cream is very yummy, I can snack on that anytime, and it's easy to prepare.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by allymarry89(f): 11:26am On May 24, 2017
It will be nice to add diagram next time, Nice one op
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Kangol99(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2017
I hate this fruit. I don't know it's nutritious like this. I will start eating it now.

Thanks OP!
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by felix281(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2017
Nice fruit... I luv it more better bread
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Micah360(m): 11:27am On May 24, 2017
cool
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 11:27am On May 24, 2017
A plate of avocado with sliced tomatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Delicious!
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 11:27am On May 24, 2017
Good fat... Sadly I hate d taste

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by tonaydo(m): 11:28am On May 24, 2017
I recently started eating it and I must say they are good
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 11:28am On May 24, 2017
For those who......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Evablizin(f): 11:30am On May 24, 2017
Avocado z gud 4 slaymamas dt dnt wnt 2 get old

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Pavore9: 11:30am On May 24, 2017
It is good for the skin, na so you dey shine! cheesy

Love eating mine as a spread over bread.
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by wadetaw202: 11:32am On May 24, 2017
Ghj
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by uchemelvin20004: 11:33am On May 24, 2017
My mum is a living example of the efficacy of this fruit, she could barely walk or stand for long before someone introduced her to it, now she can dance and walk without her walking stick. It works folks!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by DaMotivator(m): 11:33am On May 24, 2017
ATE ONE YESTERDAY
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Lilimax(f): 11:33am On May 24, 2017
I eat it always!

Very good in making smoothie smiley

My Smoothie Recipe:
Avocado - 1
Cucumber
Watermelon
Ginger
Lemon
Cayenne Pepper

Blend them together, Tastes yummy smiley

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by ebuka1993(m): 11:36am On May 24, 2017
I love avocados
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Topiipii(m): 11:37am On May 24, 2017
Jabioro:
Is it available in Nigeria..avocados..
Eh?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by ebuka1993(m): 11:37am On May 24, 2017
nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Homemade FAST FOOD - 10 Mins Special Plantain Egg Sauce Recipe (Pix &Video) / Shop Sells Human bosom Milk Ice-cream / Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.