Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election (28271 Views)

Why Fayose Was Booed In Ado-ekiti Church – Fayemi Reveals / Ekiti Election: Why Fayose Should Not Go To Court – Sagay / Why Fayose Is Not Among Governors Visiting Buhari - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by deantimes(m): 2:00pm On May 24, 2017
HUMAN rights lawyer , Mr. Femi Falana ( SAN) , has described as anomalous the likely bid by Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State to seek re – election in 2018.

Fayose had said on Monday that he would contest the 2018 governorship election so that he could serve his first term which was truncated in 2006.

Fayose was impeached in 2006 , but the Supreme Court in 2014 nullified the impeachment that ousted him from the office about seven months to the end of his first term.

Speaking on a live broadcast on Ekiti State Television in Ado- Ekiti on Monday evening, Fayose said that since the apex court had said that his impeachment in 2006 was illegal, he would then have to approach the same court to interpret what that ruling meant and also consider seeking a re -election in 2018.

But Falana said on Tuesday that Fayose ’s bid to seek re – election would amount to tenure elongated which no court could grant.

He said , “ Tenure extension by a governor under any disguise is anomalous . No court can prolong the tenure of a sitting governor buying the two terms prescribed by the Constitution.

“ In the case of Gov Rasheed Ladoja v INEC the appellant wanted an extension of his term of office to allow him to spend extra 11 months while he was fighting his impeachment from outside.

“ Although the Supreme Court had set aside his impeachment it was held that the relief was illegal and unconstitutional.

“ Similarly, the governors who were re -elected after their initial election was annulled, the Supreme Court made it abundantly clear that tenure extension was unknown to the Constitution. In view of the settled position of the law on the matter , Governor Ayo Fayose cannot be granted by any court in Nigeria .”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/05/falana-fayose-cannot-seek-re-election/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by Mophasa(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2017
This man like dabbling into issues that doesn't concern him

After he will go and collect millions to defend buhari in court not to showcase his certificate
If not that your son folarin is my very good friend I would have said something disastrous angry

Meanwhile

God bless Oshokomole and the good people of ekiti state
The people of ekiti state are very proud of you, you are indeed a golden governor and a man of the people

Long live Peter Ayodele Fayose aka Baba Oshokomole

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by iamnoak(m): 3:13pm On May 24, 2017
Story for the gods...

1 Like

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by zenith4biz(m): 3:13pm On May 24, 2017
In summary, Fayose, prepare your handover note

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by TippyTop(m): 3:58pm On May 24, 2017
Says Falana the APC lawyer.

14 Likes

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by OAUTemitayo: 4:09pm On May 24, 2017
Mophasa:

After he will go and collect millions to defend buhari in court not to showcase his certificate
If not that your son folarin is my very good friend I would have said something disastrous angry

Meanwhile

The people of ekiti state are very proud of you, you are indeed a golden governor and a man of the people

An Ekiti indigene​ is talking about an issue that will affect his state and you said he is dabbling into an issue that doesn't concern him?
Please give your​ self an intelligence rating, with -0.09 being the maximum achievable level by anybody with your mentality.

200 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by DLondonboiy: 4:10pm On May 24, 2017
A man was impeached before his tenure expired. The highest court of the land said, "noo, na ojoro una do this man".is this man not supposed to finish his tenure? Is that not the right thing to do?

Hatred wan kill una for this country

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by iokpebholo: 4:41pm On May 24, 2017
Falana no kuku like fayose before. So no whatsapp.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by ejanla077: 5:23pm On May 24, 2017
Mophasa:

Meanwhile

my yoruba Christian brother. take style tell us say u be falz fan..

4 Likes

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by BrutalJab: 5:38pm On May 24, 2017
hmm
Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by agabusta: 5:56pm On May 24, 2017
Mophasa:

Meanwhile

How does it not concern him? Is he not a senior lawyer in Nigeria?? Cant he give his opinion on matters of the law again?

Or is he not from Ekiti state? Can't he comment on issues pertaining to his state?

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by SweetJoystick(m): 5:56pm On May 24, 2017
Who no know before say he no fit seek reelection. ...make Fayose go eat food by the road side jare

8 Likes

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by Karlman: 6:50pm On May 24, 2017
...WHO ASKED HIS OPINION ABI NA HIM BE SUPREME COURT NOW?

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by donlucabrazi(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2017
We all know Fayose is a joker...

But Oga Falana you are a hired critique. You are very quick to criticise the opposition but goes suddenly dumb when it involves the government

Since u are very proactive, why didn't you advice the president to show Nigerians his Waec Certificate? Instead you led a long queue of S.A.N'S to court to defend the indefensible ...

Abeg Oga park well...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by donqx: 6:50pm On May 24, 2017
H.mmmmm
Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by kings09(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2017
And so
Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by Pavore9: 6:52pm On May 24, 2017
Did Ladoja, Nyarko get the same opportunity?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by gberra: 6:53pm On May 24, 2017
You are already the Governor of Biafra. Go & complete your extension in potopoto land

Igbos are Mad tongue

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by Pavore9: 6:54pm On May 24, 2017
TippyTop:

Says previous Supreme Court ruling.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by Victorakats(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2017
His questions are truly in order...

And there is a need for some ammendment to put some of these interruptions into consideration.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2017
cheesy
Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by GavelSlam: 6:55pm On May 24, 2017
Is Fayose saying he had not been elected in 2014 he would have prevented an electoral process for a new governor?

Is he also thinking he can achieve an extension to his tenure now?

Fayose loves to waste the scarce resources of the state of Ekiti.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by austinvsb1(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2017
Mophasa:

Meanwhile

When you see comments from poor SS1 students (You know the kind that miss 60% of their classes and walk around the school with sagged trousers forming black axxe boy) you definitely know. SMH

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by Veeflow(m): 6:56pm On May 24, 2017
Why pay for more in Nigeria when we can help you get what ever equipment you want cheaply from China... Let's talk business.. Officialbusinessmind@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by Ajjubhai(m): 6:56pm On May 24, 2017
Mophasa:

Meanwhile

God bless Oshokomole and the good people of ekiti

May the good lord punish you brother ...are you from Ekiti??

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by Sagetravelsblog: 6:57pm On May 24, 2017
iamnoak:
Story for the gods...

the gods e
Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by gberra: 6:57pm On May 24, 2017
TippyTop:
Mr. Tipsy, I guess you are drunk yet again.

Igbos are always drunk undecided

8 Likes

Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by Durosure(m): 6:58pm On May 24, 2017
Wow THIS IS SERIOUS...

INCASE YOU NEED CASH DEPOSIT IN USA or payment in China.. pls call me or Whatsapp for physical transaction..

I buy btc too....
Re: Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election by basic23111: 6:58pm On May 24, 2017
Fayose dey fear EFCC....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears / Army Cadet Shot Dead In Bayelsa By Suspected Cultists. Photos / Sowore's Highest Qualification Is WAEC According To INEC List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.