Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,452 members, 7,781,308 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

Help! I Have Been Scammed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help! I Have Been Scammed (5536 Views)

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / Please Help, I Have Lost Much Money Trying To Earn Money Online. / If You Have Been Scammed By This Number 08064553565 Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 24, 2017
Good evening, fellow Nairalanders.

Some guy called this morning saying there is an ongoing replacement at the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC). He did not call me directly. He did someone I'm close to and hold in high esteem. He mentioned the person's name and where he works, saying they are acquaintances. What made it all the more convincing was that True Caller showed the scammer's name as Emma FRSC.

So my mentor called and asked me to call the guy, but says he suspects the guy is a scammer, so I should tread with caution.

I then called the guy. He asked how I got his number. Trying to play smart, I have him a fake name. He said he doesn't know the guy and isn't aware any replacement. I pressed further, but he wouldn't budge. So I asked if he knew my mentor. I gave him the first name then he interjected with the surname. And was like, I should have said so since. Said he knows my mentor and wanted to keep him in the know just in case. "Sounds reasonable" I thought to myself.

So he asked to send him my personal details so he will enter my name. I did.

Minutes later, he called to ask to send him my measurements, that they'd enter them alongside the other information I sent earlier. I did that as well.

After some time, he called to ask that I send #11,500 (#1,500 for form and #10,000 for enlistment fee). I got suspicious and called to inform my mentor. My mentor said to give him since it isn't so much money.

An hour later, he called again, saying my name has been successfully added to the list, but that I'll have to pay for uniform, since the government has yet to pass the budget. I asked the amount, and he said #28,550.

I wasn't convinced, so I called a couple of friends to inquire if such is even possible. They reluctantly gave the nod. We were so gullible because none of us had been scammed before. So I paid in #29,000 into his account.

Some two hours later, he called again saying the uniform money was short by 18k, citing the prices of stuff had gone up. That I should send the said amount to balance.

It was at that moment that I realised I was dealing with a 419er. However, I still played along. Told him I hadn't any money left to send to him, so he should balance it from his account and I'll pay him back when I go for documentation. He said he hadn't any money as well, and insisted that I pay up. I left him hanging as I type this.

Please, does anyone know how I can get back my money? I haven't much money left with me after he swindled me of roughly 42k.

I rounded up my NYSC in November last year and had been a freelance writer until I faced some health challenges. I am now better healthwise, but my doctor advised against staying in one place for too long, as my condition was caused by my sedentary lifetyle. That means that I am not able to write anymore. So I went in search of a job that requires me to move around more frequently.

That seems to have landed me in trouble. 41k may not seem like much but it's about all the money I have left to live on pending when I'm able to secure a job.

Please someone who's experienced in these things should help me on how to get back my money. cry

Okpe Sunny Richardson, 3047615678, Skye Bank.

Okpe Sunny Richardson, 3094315371, First Bank.

The scammer's phone number:

Lalasticlala, Seun, please help me.

Update:

I got through to the scammer this evening but he remains defiant. In his words, "Do your worst!" "I won't send back the money."

I sent an email to to both First and Skye banks. I have yet to receive a response from FBN, but Skye Bank replied asking me to contact the relevant law enforcement agencies instead.

I have since contacted the EFCC on twitter but have yet to receive a response.

Lalasticlala, please help, I feel helpless at this point.

1 Share

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by BlackDBagba: 7:18pm On May 24, 2017
Straight and narrow road // crooked and wide road....

Good luck trying to get that money back.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by webincomeplus(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2017
Sorry about your loss.

As for your inability to carry on as a freelance writer, I don't think you have a tenable excuse. What happened to using a standing desk? And taking walks around after every 15 minutes using a set timer?

Being a writer doesn't mean you have to be sedentary. Write for hours. Take breaks in-between. And exercise for 30 minutes later in the day, and you'd be fine.

8 Likes

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 24, 2017
BlackDBagba:
Straight and narrow road // crooked and wide road....

Good luck trying to get that money back.

I have done everything in my power to secure a job, but I have been able to. Sought different kinds of jobs and went for interviews but it's always a no-show. So when my mentor called in, I thought it was God picking up. Alas, it was evil beckoning.

I have always had a passion for writing. Were it not for the health risk it posses for me, I would have already found a niche.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 24, 2017
webincomeplus:
Sorry about your loss.

As for your inability to carry on as a freelance writer, I don't think you have a tenable excuse. What happened to using a standing desk? And taking walks around after every 15 minutes using a set timer?

Being a writer doesn't mean you have to be sedentary. Write for hours. Take breaks in-between. And exercise for 30 minutes later in the day, and you'd be fine.

Thank you.

I still plan on doing exactly as you said, it's just that I have been through so much pain the past months to get back to writing straight away, especially as the doctor recommended against doing so in the immediate future. That's why I left it as a last resort.

About using a standing desk, I don't feel comfortable writing in a standing position. That in itself is a distraction for me. I like to be comfortably seated. That's the secret ingredient to my inspiration.

Again, I write $5 dollar articles on Fiverr. At that rate, you'll have to write at a fast rate and for a longer time to make substantial amounts. I'm unlike some people who write at quite attractive rates.

Thanks a lot for this.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Naturelover: 7:54pm On May 24, 2017
@op, I'm sorry about your loss. I'm angry at the fact that your mentor led you on when he didn't know the guy in question? that's not so nice. I think your mentor should refund half of the money you lost, he's partly responsible for your losses.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 24, 2017
Naturelover:
@op, I'm sorry about loss. I'm angry at the fact that your mentor led you on when he didn't know the guy in question? that's so not nice

Thank you.

He didn't intend for things to go awry. I know he meant well.

He isn't aware I sent more money after the initial one. He would have advised against such.

The man is my savior; he singlehandedly saw me through the uni and has been helping the best way he can to ensure that I secure a job.

He wouldn't have knowingly mislead me.

Thanks, again.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:03pm On May 24, 2017
Money is dead and gone.... You learned a great lesson today, hope you won't be foolish enough to fall for this advance fee fraud again.

How anyone, in this day and age, is willing to send money to total strangers, is beyond me.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Seun(m): 8:03pm On May 24, 2017
Who is that your mentor??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 24, 2017
Seun:
Who is that your mentor??

My uncle, sir.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Naturelover: 8:07pm On May 24, 2017
healthmatters01:

Thank you.

He didn't intend for things to go awry. I know he meant well.

He isn't aware I sent more money after the initial one. He would have advised against such.

The man is my savior; he singlehandedly saw me through the uni and has been helping the best way he can to ensure that I secure a job.

He wouldn't have knowingly mislead me.

Thanks, again.
op, I'm short of words now. I guess you've to get back to work to have extra cash on you, I feel your pain so much. when there's life, there's hope
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
Money is dead and gone.... You learned a great lesson today, hope you won't be foolish enough to fall for this advance fee fraud again.

How anyone, in this day and age, is willing to send money to total strangers, is beyond me.

Sure, I did, sir. I learnt the hard way.

I never thought I could be so gullible myself.

cry
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 24, 2017
Naturelover:

op, I'm short of words now. I guess you've to get back to work to have extra cash on you, I feel your pain so much. when there's life, there's hope

Thanks for your kind words.

I will. Guess life sometimes teaches us the hard way.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:16pm On May 24, 2017
healthmatters01:

Sure, I did, sir. I learnt the hard way.

I never thought I could be so gullible myself.

cry

Report him to the EFCC, asap!
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 24, 2017
So sad.. He played on ur ignorance... I doubt if such money can be recovered
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Femich18(m): 9:04pm On May 24, 2017
You have been scammed big time... All the same life goes on. it's just a lesson on your part
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by AssLeeKar: 9:28pm On May 24, 2017
OP I'm so Angry non above have been able to offer a good way to catch that crimina.
So whats the CBN s noise about BVN if Cone heads keep using U B A + Others in plying their trades with no traces on innocent and hardworking citizens?

OP I suggest waka go that Bank and put red alart to it, then find one SARS memeber assist u on personal level, tho u will spend wella but the aim should be to teach the clown life time lesson just like I did to one Ediotic foolscammer and made sure he refunded one of my bro to the last bit.

I swear u can get ur money if only u are serious!

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Report him to the EFCC, asap!

I wish I could.

Somehow, I feel they'll just laugh it over.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by hardeycute(m): 9:29pm On May 24, 2017
Op report to the police. BVN will help a long way in tracking down the scammer.
On your mentor,always have people on benefit of doubt.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 24, 2017
glowryhaa:
So sad.. He played on ur ignorance... I doubt if such money can be recovered

Thank you, Gloria.

I'll do my best to ensure it's recovered. It's about the only money I have left from my savings.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by hardeycute(m): 9:31pm On May 24, 2017
healthmatters01:

I wish I could.

Go to police station,you will need to get a report to take to the bank

And be smart to strike a deal with the police to hasten the process
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 24, 2017
Femich18:
You have been scammed big time... All the same life goes on. it's just a lesson on your part

True talk, bro.

Thanks.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 24, 2017
hardeycute:
Go to police station,you will need to get a report to take to the bank

And be smart to strike a deal with the police to hasten the process

Okay, sir. I'll do that.

There was a time I saw someone on here promise to help some victim get back their money.

That's why I wanted for the moderators to push this to the front page. I'm sure there are intelligence officers that could help.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 24, 2017
AssLeeKar:
OP I'm so Angry non above have been able to offer a good way to catch that crimina.
So whats the CBN s noise about BVN if Cone heads keep using U B A + Others in plying their trades with no traces on innocent and hardworking citizens?

OP I suggest waka go that Bank and put red alart to it, then find one SARS memeber assist u on personal level, tho u will spend wella but the aim should be to teach the clown life time lesson just like I did to one Ediotic foolscammer and made sure he refunded one of my bro to the last bit.

I swear u can get ur money if only u are serious!

Thanks so much for your concern.

I'll do as you recommend.

In Nigeria, the institutions do not care about strict enforcement. All they want is to make the rules, not caring who bends it.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:46pm On May 24, 2017
healthmatters01:

I wish I could.

You have to, unless you want more people to be cheated by this criminal...
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

You have to, unless you want more people to be cheated by this criminal...

Okay bro. I'll do that. I wouldn't want for anyone to experience this.

It's a bad bad situation I'm in atm.
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Fraih(f): 10:01pm On May 24, 2017
This is painful...
I'm convinced that the scammer is also on NL quietly following the thread. Just go to the bank before he prolly deactivate the account.
And be quite fast as he's also making moves to be invisible.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Smart41(m): 10:05pm On May 24, 2017
Sorry oh...

Having trouble clearing your shipments in Nigeria from the airport or seaport?

Worry no more.. ATTITUDE TANGENT EXPRESS LOGISTICS will help take those burden off you. We are a reliable and affordable clearing agent with over ten years in the cargo and logistics business. Contact us today on:
Address: NAHCO complex building murtala muhammed International Airport, ikeja, Lagos State Nigeria.
Tel.: in my siggy
Email: Info@atexpresslogistics.com
Visit our website: atexpresslogistics.com

We are always ready to serve you... Cheers
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by bomasek(m): 10:10pm On May 24, 2017
Baba u should v tabled the issue here before u paid,just a phone call to a buddy of mine in road safety would put your indiscretion in check.

This is to all and sundry who may encounter similar issues either now or in the future,do copy me for clarification when fraudsters who pretend to be officials of FRSC or NCS get in touch with u,I got buddies in those orgs that can help with first hand info.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by oyetpel(m): 10:11pm On May 24, 2017
Your Mentor duped you Mr Man

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by 24hourNigeriane(f): 10:25pm On May 24, 2017
Where was your mentor all those while you are making the calls
Re: Help! I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 24, 2017
Fraih:
This is painful...
I'm convinced that the scammer is also on NL quietly following the thread. Just go to the bank before he prolly deactivate the account.
And be quite fast as he's also making moves to be invisible.

Thank you, Fraih.

I pray he's not. I know there are Nairalanders who are skilled detectives. That's why I put it on here, because I know I can get all the help I need to catch the thief.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marketing Professional Examination / Healthplus Limited Job Recruitment (11 Positions) / Bahrain Jobs With High Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.