Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,014 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:29 AM

Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 (18919 Views)

Sadiya Umar Farouq: Why We Are Yet To Pay 12,000 N-Power Volunteers / Sadiya Umar Farouq: N-Power Volunteers Will Get Their Stipends Next Week / COVID-19: Akeredolu Offers Permanent Jobs To Volunteers In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Emmyloaded: 5:54am On May 25, 2017
The Federal Government says it will prosecute N-Power volunteers who are receiving monthly stipends but refuse to appear at their primary places of assignment.

Afolabi Imoukhuede, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation (N-Power Scheme), disclosed this at a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) forum.

He said the government had discovered 17 N-power volunteers who had been receiving salary since December but who had refused to go to their primary places of assignment.

“This issue of them not going to work is exception that we are not going to take chances.

“We are going to really blow that exception so that it becomes a deterrent.

“Because in the school where I identified them, their dutiful colleagues, the volunteers who are the true Ambassadors of N-power, are there and they know these people.

“So now if we don’t investigate and prosecute them they now get de-motivated.

“They must remain motivated to continue to work regardless of what season it is; rainy season, dry seasons or what have you.’’

He said another five volunteers who were also discovered to be collecting unbroken stipends since December had stopped going to their primary places of assignment.

He said the discovery of non-performing N-power volunteers was due to the collaboration between the Federal Government and all the state governments through a monitoring framework put in place.

However, he said that the scheme was an overwhelming success in terms of attendance as some volunteers showed passion on their jobs in spite of other challenges.

He disclosed that his teams always organised interactive sessions in every state visited to deliver President Buhari’s message that “this is pay-for-work-done” which was a lifeline extended to them.

Source: http://www.emmyloaded.com.ng/nigerian-govt-set-to-prosecute-escapee-n-power-volunteers-who-refused-to-appear-at-their-places-of-assignment/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by dingbang(m): 6:02am On May 25, 2017
To me I see this npower scheme as a waste of money..

If the could add 23000 they pay each npower staff to each corps member , most of them will be happy to teach and the scheme won't lose its objectives.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Nobody: 6:07am On May 25, 2017
N-Power na Scam intially...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:09am On May 25, 2017
So these people no know wetin be I No Do Again?? angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Joephat(m): 6:19am On May 25, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by 007author(m): 7:19am On May 25, 2017
dingbang:

If the could add 23000 they pay each npower staff to each corps member , most of them will be happy to teach and the scheme won't lose its objectives.

30k not 23000

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by eezeribe(m): 7:36am On May 25, 2017
I WILL CONTINUE SAYING IT...
NIGERIAN CITIZENS WHO ARE THE MASSES,ARE MORE CORRUPT THAN THE POLITICIANS.
just imagine,collecting N-power stipends and not reporting to your place of assignment.
They should be jailed because this tantamounts to stealing from the state.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Nobody: 7:37am On May 25, 2017
May God punish who so ever that spewed that thrash angry sad

So all those yeye lawmakers lawbreakers that are on jumbo allowances that have been perpetually absent from their responsibilities, who the Bleep has prosecuted them

What about the President that has been conspicously absent from office for long now, what has been done about that

Because of dis peanuts wey una decide to share give us after failing to create a condusive atmosphere for employment generation, na em una wan begin monitor us like monitoring spirits

God punish una finish angry angry

When una ready, make una come drag me from where I dey prosecute me. Infact, I was even considering reporting to my primary assignment to negotiate days I'd be working, but since una wan begin issue threat, I'd gladly cancel that plan till futher notice.

Nonsense! angry angry angry

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by XXLDICK(m): 7:37am On May 25, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
So these people no know wetin be I No Do Again?? angry
but still collecting money shey

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by smartty68(m): 7:38am On May 25, 2017
Some people are getting paid, while some have never been paid before...

And they won't think of resolving this outstanding deficit they owe to unpiad employees, na to talk wetin no get head them sabi

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by jhydebaba(m): 7:38am On May 25, 2017
N-power Don suffer cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Histrings08(m): 7:38am On May 25, 2017
You're just pained because you're not privileged to be among those bn paid... See what u just wrote here, Tz full of hatred
dingbang:

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Nobody: 7:38am On May 25, 2017
Treason
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Nobody: 7:39am On May 25, 2017
Booked
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by three: 7:39am On May 25, 2017
Have they paid the ones that weren't able to 'escape'?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Justicealh3(m): 7:39am On May 25, 2017
Before prosecution undecided undecided undecided

What about Second Batch
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Mckandre(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2017
Its a good development, at least my colleagues wey dey house dey enjoy go sharpen up, I cant see how 30k would be enough for me to enter villages asking questions about their current agricultural challenges under sun and rain all by myself angry and they(government) expects me to be giving them feedback every day of the week. If na slavery abeg make una stop m o angry

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by bkool7(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2017
I don't understand . Does mean those people are collecting salary and not going to work ?
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:42am On May 25, 2017
Hehehehe
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Nobody: 7:44am On May 25, 2017
shout out to my ex,I hope you get persecuted ,see him flexing at home waiting for n-power money,maybe I should even blow the whistle on him self

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by dingbang(m): 7:44am On May 25, 2017
Histrings08:
You're just pained because you're not privileged to be among those bn paid... See what u just wrote here, Tz full of hatred
I'm employed.. Hence I didn't apply... Think before you spew trash

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by osolee(m): 7:46am On May 25, 2017
Okay, we not doing again.... How do we opt out? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by chiefolododo(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2017
God is good
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by cashkid: 7:47am On May 25, 2017
eezeribe:
just imagine,collecting N-power stipends and not reporting to your place of assignment.

God bless you sir for this...you can imagine collecting money and not doing the jib you are collecting the money for....we have thousands of them doing this.....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Truflame: 7:49am On May 25, 2017
Those who are dutifully working as a PTA teacher in the FCT and across the country were not employed under the N-Power scheme and those merely seeking for money were employed. It is pitiable to see as standard of education kept falling like world trade center in our beloved country
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by imagrg(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2017
eezeribe:
No proper monitoring in Edo State. Monitors came only once and many left after that. Many are even engaged elsewhere. Go round schools in Ikpoba/Okha and prove me right.
Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Acidosis(m): 7:52am On May 25, 2017
What a useless government!

Is it a must to work?

If you can't find them in their places of assignment, why can't the FG stop payment?

This is the most senseless comment I've heard in 10 years. Must they go to work? Can't this useless ediot identify the concerned persons and cancel the monthly alert?

This is the reason many government agencies will forever be liabilities to the common patrimony of the nation. I can't imagine an MD of a company crying over a staff that refuses to come to his workplace... Is it a must to work? kai! This f00l would have made more sense by simply reporting to the Ministry of Finance, rather than crying on the pages of Newspaper. As if wasting more money isn't enough already, the ediot will now go ahead to pay Lawyers and Judges, same way the unproductive president paid 50 SANS to defend his primary school certificate (something he could have done cheaply by uploading a picture).

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by obowunmi(m): 7:52am On May 25, 2017
Buhari gets paid now and doesn't show up either.

Like leader, like follower. grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Mayflowa(m): 7:53am On May 25, 2017
hammer2010:
May God punish who so ever that spewed that thrash angry sad

So all those yeye lawmakers lawbreakers that are on jumbo allowances that have been perpetually absent from their responsibilities, who the Bleep has prosecuted them

What about the President that has been conspicously absent from office for long now, what has been done about that

Because of dis peanuts wey una decide to share give us after failing to create a condusive atmosphere for employment generation, na em una wan begin monitor us like monitoring spirits

God punish una finish angry angry

When una ready, make una come drag me from where I dey prosecute me. Infact, I was even considering reporting to my primary assignment to negotiate days I'd be working, but since una wan begin issue threat, I'd gladly cancel that plan till futher notice.

Nonsense! angry angry angry

If you are truly a beneficiary, then this is highly unpatriotic of you. So if you don't go to work, what do you do from morning to night?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Nobody: 7:54am On May 25, 2017
I need federal government to empower my dog with an email address.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017 by Nobody: 7:57am On May 25, 2017
Mayflowa:

If you are truly a beneficiary, then this is highly unpatriotic of you. So if you don't go to work, what do you do from morning to night?

I beg you, don't come quoting me with talk about patriotism angry

I am too vexed already to start joining any further issues with any one here angry

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Recruitment At Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)-20 Positions / 5 Things Npower Beneficiaries Must Do To Keep Their NPVN Profile Save / Has Any One Received Text For N-health Assessment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.