Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,053 members, 7,807,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo (546 Views)

Defection: God Has Removed Stones From Our Rice — Lai Mohammed / 113 Chibok Girls To Be Released Soon –osinbajo / Buhari Will Be Back Soon - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by alphonsojaybaz: 6:21am On May 25, 2017
Our rice to compete with international brands soon – Osinbajo
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/05/our-rice-to-compete-with-international.html

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Wednesday said that Nigerians would soon start seeing the manifestation of some of the reforms taken by the Federal Government in the agricultural sector as the country would soon start producing local rice that would compete favourably with any brand in the world.
Osinbajo said this in Abuja during an interactive session with some middle level civil and public servants on the ease of doing business.
He called on Nigerians to increase their patronage of products manufactured locally, adding that this would enable the government to reduce the level of unemployment in the country.
Citing the example of rice production, he said that Nigeria has enough capacity to grow quality rice that would meet the demands of not only Nigerians but all the countries in Africa.
He said if Nigerians can consume what the country produces locally, the twin problems of poverty and unemployment would be easily addressed.
He said it was worrisome that rice imported from China, India and Thailand are sold at a cheaper prices to those produced locally, adding that this was as a result of subsidy enjoyed by farmers from these countries.
He said the government was mindful of this development and would do everything within its powers to encourage local farmers to improve the output and quality of local price.
Osinbajo said, “It is worrisome that locally produced rice is still expensive than imported rice from India, China and Thailand.
“Rice produced in these countries, are subsidized by their respective governments making rice from the region cheap and affordable.
“By subsiding rice production for farmers, more jobs are created. We are planning to introduce some kinds of assistance to our farmers in due course. Our rice will have to compete with any rice in the world. We will hold meeting with the Ministry of Agriculture every day”, Acting president said.

Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:33am On May 25, 2017
l believe u sir
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by bewla(m): 6:35am On May 25, 2017
re brand it or any how
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by donaldinho111: 6:37am On May 25, 2017
2 years and we are still 'sooning'
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by izombie(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2017
Soon soon soon, one day soon go soon una.

1 Like

Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by ikbnice(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2017
Very soon but how soon. Politicians with their cajoling style of raising hopes.
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by Alisegun(m): 7:06am On May 25, 2017
Soon Soon!!!!!! One day ur Soon will end. Stop Deceiving Us jare

Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by Justuceleague2: 7:21am On May 25, 2017
Even me I'm planning to plant yam, maize, melon, tomatoes, pepper and beans on half plot , I have a dog it always pursues goats from my compound, I feel like my crops will be safe

All I ask of nairalanders is do the same, force your neighbors to chain their goats every piece of land is useful if we all have all those crops listed above

Farm thieves will get tired, bad Belle neighbors will shurrup, everything will be cheap

Lower demand for food items price automatically falls

Buhari can not control market forces but you can do it

All it takes is 2500 or less in investment

1500 for clearing, 500 for stumps and 500 for seeds

Or

Rent manual herbicide sprayer 300, one tin of herbicide is 500 at most, spray it yourself for 300 that's if you want energy drink I'll suggest blue bullet cos it gives you wings grin and 500 for seeds
That's 1600

Like I said it's not rocket science

2 Likes

Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by ckmayoca: 7:26am On May 25, 2017
We want to patronize them but they are freaking expensive than the imported ones. You see you are yet to meet up with imported rice but the prices of locally food are costlier.

1 Like

Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by ckmayoca: 7:26am On May 25, 2017
We want to patronize them but they are freak.ing expensive than the imported ones. You see you are yet to meet up with imported rice but the prices of locally food are costlier.
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by ckmayoca: 7:29am On May 25, 2017
We want to patronize them but they are frea.k.ing expensive than the imported ones. You see you are yet to meet up with imported rice but the prices of locally food are costlier.
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by HarryDuce(m): 7:36am On May 25, 2017
Its difficult to see 'our' rice here in PH, and it wants to compete. How ironic. It should be made available to the people, Let us be the judge.
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by obaaderemi: 7:45am On May 25, 2017
Soon and to
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by deedeedee1: 7:53am On May 25, 2017
Soon means in the year 2550

1 Like

Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by Lanretoye(m): 8:47am On May 25, 2017
rice wey never reach for him own land na him wan go Olympic?
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by juman(m): 8:56am On May 25, 2017
So far apc government is a failure.

Despite they have many good ministers.
Re: Our Rice To Compete With International Brands Soon – Osinbajo by juman(m): 8:58am On May 25, 2017
APC government is bad government.

(1) (Reply)

Breakdown Of Disbursment To Local Government By Geopolitical Zone. Info-graphic / The Missing Link Of Igbo Quit Notice From The North / Human Right Abuse: US Rejects Army Panel Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.