Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,087 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:38 AM

Best Isp For Cyber Cafe - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Isp For Cyber Cafe (10868 Views)

The Best ISP In Surulere Area, Lagos? / The Best ISP In Nigeria? / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by betheldgr8(m): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
Plz, i've been given diferent suggestions by different people about ISP's for cafes with 30 systems, which is best and how much does it cost?
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by Spyker: 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
Go into the field and ask cafes around your neighbourhood what they use and the cost. Search for similar topics in Nairaland and you will get all the answers you seek
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by ibbabs: 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2010
Msg for betheldgr8 (m). I once have the same problem but i have overcom the problem now and my cafe is going smoothly.

Call my number 08023416369 and lets schedule and appointment and about it.

I can also set up your cafe for you, do the networking, supply d system and even run it for you for two weeks to show you how to make things work successfullly and all it going to cost you N400, 000 for 10 computers, internet device with 1month subscription, networking, program installation, printer, scanner on all d work stations. All for N400, 000.

Its negotiable, gurantee.

Please pass the message around and do gets i touch
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by betheldgr8(m): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2010
where do u reside, am in Rivers State.
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by Aryyor: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2010
Where is your location in Rivers? If you are in PH I'll recommend MTN Hyconnect to you. Reliable and very affordable
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by chidyke77(m): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2010
I was shocked yestaday when i visited a cafe to do some downloads afta my monthly subs wt starcomm ended on d wkend. I was suprise to see a big cyper cafe wt abt 40 system running at a poor download speed of less than 5kb even less than my starcomm neo and yet guys were there wt their laptops. I was totally disapointed that i couldnt finish my downloads whch is nt up to 80mb in 2hrs. I get d greatest shock when they said that i cnt use a download manager bcoz it affects their speed. My question is wat type of ISP are they using? Are they using a broadband? Because d guy that connected me use a kind of ip address to log me in afta connecting d modem cable.
I told d guy dat they wont see me here again that i was there bcus of my subs that just ended and he was bold enuf to tell me dat they are nt begging me to come that they hav more than enuf customers to attend to and i saw that as a case of one eye man in midst of blinds.
Pls cn anyone gv me an estimate of running a cyber cafe wt abt 10 system because i saw ths as an opportunity to hit it big if i could be getting a speed of abt 50kb/s?
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by Akagood: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2010
Which means you an oracle then
so what then.
I browse with full speed what to dig it with my isp.
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by betheldgr8(m): 11:44am On Jan 18, 2010
Aryyor:

Where is your location in Rivers? If you are in PH I'll recommend MTN Hyconnect to you. Reliable and very affordable
the cafe is in Oyigbo

@chidyke77
which place dat kind care dey?
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by chidyke77(m): 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2010
My guy that is nnewi in Anambra state.
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by Jeepi(m): 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
Hello, i'm making money on the internet, its legitimate, visit www.ejike-money..com. Its easy.
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by ibbabs: 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2010
chidyke77
betheldgr8

Anybody that its in interested in setting up a cafe should contact me on 08023416369 for setting up d cafe, system network, engr d systems, installation etc

i reside in lagos but can travel becuase d nature of my job takes to and from lagos and outside. my numbers are 080234163689, 08191490627, 07059623321. and email is bosventures@yahoo.com

Be rest assure, d subscription is very affordable for commercial
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by adaspire: 1:21am On Mar 06, 2010
akagood, I need 2 know ur ISP, am interested
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by routik(m): 2:26am On Mar 06, 2010
I was shocked yestaday when i visited a cafe to do some downloads afta my monthly subs wt starcomm ended on d wkend. I was suprise to see a big cyper cafe wt abt 40 system running at a poor download speed of less than 5kb even less than my starcomm neo and yet guys were there wt their laptops. I was totally disapointed that i couldnt finish my downloads whch is nt up to 80mb in 2hrs. I get d greatest shock when they said that i cnt use a download manager bcoz it affects their speed. My question is wat type of ISP are they using? Are they using a broadband? Because d guy that connected me use a kind of ip address to log me in afta connecting d modem cable.
I told d guy dat they wont see me here again that i was there bcus of my subs that just ended and he was bold enuf to tell me dat they are nt begging me to come that they hav more than enuf customers to attend to and i saw that as a case of one eye man in midst of blinds.
Pls cn anyone gv me an estimate of running a cyber cafe wt abt 10 system because i saw ths as an opportunity to hit it big if i could be getting a speed of abt 50kb/s?

smiley well i work in a cybercafe till present, big as what you prescribed, is only a cybercafe that don't have a good network administrator will leave there network open just like that without proper management of their bandwidth. In cybercafe business, getting a good and reliable Service provider is not that easy, and managing your network matters alot, why because some people come to cafe to download at the expense of others thereby causing slow browsing indirectly to others browsing in the cafe. why ? because they pull the network with software's like Internet download manager, Limewire, frostwire etc. for goodness sake cybercafe is just meant for normal browsing, like checking of mails, filling forms, downloading and uploading of attachments which includes  scanned pictures, c.v, and other vital documents.Cybercafes cant afford to pay for bandwidth that can serve for heavy downloads which will not affect other peoples browsing, is expensive unless they will increase the money at higher rate which some people can't afford and will not accept the price due to market competition. you can only download fast in cafe if only there are less people browsing at the moment in that particular cafe.
PIECE OF ADVICE: all cafe owners should be able to manage their network very well,use administrative privilege  and block some applications from working in their network, this will help those that just come to browse to enjoy the network and browse faster without complain, unless your ISP is bad in terms of giving good service.
I wont boast that my network is flying, but i can boast of the network am using, very reliable, truthful, and stable in service. If you need a good network and other cybercafe related issues, feel free to give me a trial

GOOD ISP +MORE MONEY WILL GIVE YOU MORE BANDWIDTH + PROPER MANAGEMENT INCLUDING ( NETWORK) IS = MORE SPEED

1 Like

Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 06, 2010
ok
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by kay80(m): 10:32am On Mar 09, 2010
Dear all,
I learnt IPNX is a good isp. Please I need more information on them. I intend going into cafe biz with 10 systems. I read on thier website that one can subscribe to 10GB bandwith for N 27,850 per month charge. Do we have people using it here especially in Ibadan. What about downtimes because I am aware that other service providers like o'net are very bad. Besides the cost of getting a vsat (DOPC) is high. Please post your experience with ipnx here (ibadan cafe owners)
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by kolnel: 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
ok, i run a cafe in ibadan. Presently i run on ipnx and onet, but i prefer o net, they ve downtime but every isp does, the problem with ipnx is you can consume all ur bandwidth within a week depending on ur no of client. so i only use ipnx for back up in case there is problem with onet which doesnt happen every time.
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by kay80(m): 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2010
kolnel:

ok, i run a cafe in ibadan. Presently i run on ipnx and onet, but i prefer o net, they ve downtime but every isp does, the problem with ipnx is you can consume all your bandwidth within a week depending on your no of client. so i only use ipnx for back up in case there is problem with onet which doesnt happen every time.

Thanks for your post - kolnel. I intend using the ipnx broadband (10GB bandwith) with 10 systems. I wish to start with only day browsing, no night browsing for now. Will this enough within 30 days. also can I have your email address/mobile no so that we can talk better. Really appreciate
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by kolnel: 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ kay 80
Ipnx is gud if u are just on day browsing for now.
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by kay80(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2010
kolnel:

@ kay 80
Ipnx is gud if u are just on day browsing for now.

Many thanks Kolnel for the reply. I reside in Ibadan and will like to visit ur cafe to learn more from you. Can I have your mobile no/email address. Mine is 08055932236/kaysoft2000@yahoo.com
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by hakon: 8:01am On Mar 19, 2010
Hello,
If you have in mind to open a cafe. you should consider using hyperia as your ISP. they have a quality internet service. their office is at 27 saka tinubu victoria island.
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by DoubleN(m): 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2010
collins465:

smiley well i work in a cybercafe till present, big as what you prescribed, is only a cybercafe that don't have a good network administrator will leave there network open just like that without proper management of their bandwidth. In cybercafe business, getting a good and reliable Service provider is not that easy, and managing your network matters alot, why because some people come to cafe to download at the expense of others thereby causing slow browsing indirectly to others browsing in the cafe. why ? because they pull the network with software's like Internet download manager, Limewire, frostwire etc. for goodness sake cybercafe is just meant for normal browsing, like checking of mails, filling forms, downloading and uploading of attachments which includes  scanned pictures, c.v, and other vital documents.Cybercafes cant afford to pay for bandwidth that can serve for heavy downloads which will not affect other peoples browsing, is expensive unless they will increase the money at higher rate which some people can't afford and will not accept the price due to market competition. you can only download fast in cafe if only there are less people browsing at the moment in that particular cafe.
PIECE OF ADVICE: all cafe owners should be able to manage their network very well,use administrative privilege  and block some applications from working in their network, this will help those that just come to browse to enjoy the network and browse faster without complain, unless your ISP is bad in terms of giving good service.
I wont boast that my network is flying, but i can boast of the network am using, very reliable, truthful, and stable in service. If you need a good network and other cybercafe related issues, feel free to give me a trial

GOOD ISP +MORE MONEY WILL GIVE YOU MORE BANDWIDTH + PROPER MANAGEMENT INCLUDING ( NETWORK) IS = MORE SPEED

GBAM!!!
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by Emmaxpaul(m): 11:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
Privoxy + Tor is out. Visit learnerscrib..com for settings and possible downloads, including online chatting and free computer tutorials. Visit now! learnerscrib..com
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by AnetCyberCafe: 1:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
Am a software developer and have been running my Cyber Cafe in Port Harcourt for over ten years. Have lots of experience in the Cafe Business that I'd love to share freely with anyone needing assistance. A good network and a linux based firewall (Bandwidth Manager) helps to boost and protect your network efficiency. A good timer helps to create a dependable accounting system. I have all these software, hardware, ISP issues and more to give for free to anyone with need anywhere in Nigeria. contact me thru: anetsystems@yahoo.com
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by AnetCyberCafe: 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2012
Any Cyber Cafe that is using IPNX or related ISP's that have CAP limits ie if you pay for 15GB download, once you exceed your CAP limit, they disconnect your subscription until you renew, you may need a Linux Based Firewall to do a very good Bandwidth Manager functions and more in your cafe. (Check out Smoothwall Express 3.0, IPCop etc). Thinking of having Hotspot in your cafe that will also be ticket based ie your customers buys ticket for their wireless usage just like they buy on your workstations? (Check out MonoWall, Hotspot Express). If interested in installing these programs in your cafe which would cost between N20k - N25k or you want to learn how to install some of these packages to enable you improve on your IT skills inbox your contact and learn.
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by welf99: 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2012
I currently use IPCOP to manage my internet traffic and control other online activities in my cafe...i mean having a total control of your network is a dream of any cafe owner, when you do this you can maximise profits as a cafe owner..you dont need to be afraid of your ISP anymore or exceed your bandwidth limit... i have a tested open source box solution for you...you can come to my cafe to see it in action...my customer only browse or see what i want them to see or browse!!!. you can contact me for setup and configuration...or email me at lustre.classic@gmail.com
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by gabon(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2012
VERY CHEAP and VERY FAST internet service for cyber cafe and office.

Pay as low N8,000 for monthly subscription for up 8 or 10 computers.

Very fast download; as fast as downloading 100MB file in 10minutes without affecting the speed of other user on the same network with you.

Cheap and user friendly modem.

No rain interference or weather disturbance.

For more equiries

call 07035588336 or 08071753363
email: gaboninfotech@yahoo.com
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by dbodngcom: 4:55pm On May 10, 2012
Setting up cafe is becoming cheaper and better,
you may not need to get these so called big ISP again
if you have visafone or starcomms in you area, just get the
modem and get proxy software that delivers the same speed of
internet from server to your clients. I am using the system
and is working.
www.dbodng.com
Re: Best Isp For Cyber Cafe by tunde300us(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
Ok,i will try

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet / How To Use Google Mapmaker / USA Used Laptops (free Delivery And Pay On Delivery Within Lagos) UPDATED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.