Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? (30304 Views)

In What Business Can I Invest #1,000,000 And Get A Profit Of #4,000 Daily? / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / Which Business Can I Start As A Chemistry Graduate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by larger20(m): 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2006
#4k is about $30. 50$ is about #6500
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by jummiee(f): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ye! l don laff tire, jus reading all those different responses, nairalanders , some of u are so crazzzyyyyy! ( dats a compliment anyway) grin grin

someone metioned, using your phone for business, (we are assuming u already own a mobile phone)you could just buy recharge card of 2-3k, and booster card, to kick off your call centre, (u need to get assitance from someone who already has a shop, to allow you to operate your biz from there)

you would plough back all your earnings from the call centre into buying recharge cards, give it a few weeks and you would definitely smile to the bank. ( i know someone who did this with just 3k)

u said u stay in an area where people mind their biz, dat doesnt sound 2 good, u may need to find a "people friendly" enviroment 4 your biz

the most important thing however 4 any business is location, location, location. It makes a huge difference btw a flourishin business  and a sluggish one.

the best environment for your call center is a very busy one (esp a campus setting), where you can maximize your resources.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by cammax7(m): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2006
I dont know how much those guys who rent buses charge but if you ain ashamed to drive a danfo or pars on the streets of lagos, transport business could earn you some cool money out of that 4000 and hey you dont have to settle agberoes again, they are clearing them of our streets now.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Proffesor(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2006
You could change ur money to zimbabean dollars,then u'll be a millonaire.

Or if you know how to drive you can drive a danfo,those guys make like 30 000 a month
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by spikedcylinder: 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2006
I dont actually need a calculator to know that 4k isnt up to $50.I was just trying to get a joke out of the person who charged $50 for writing up a business plan.By the time the originator of this thread writes up a business plan,what will he actually begin the business with?The person i directed the question at got the joke but sadly as always lastdon,you didnt. rolleyes
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by thelastdon(m): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2006
Miss Spikedcylinder.......... I have vowed never to direct my speech to anyone on NL......... now, u have come again..............anyway, ur past will always hunt you.............let me accept it now dt my past are hunting me........ u have spoken.......... dont direct ur speach to me again........ I hope ur not offended.........am very friendly.......just doing this to make things ok
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by larger20(m): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2006
cammax7:

I ........and hey you don't have to settle agberoes again, they are clearing them of our streets now.

Intresting...which agbero are being cleared? I am glad to hear that......Lagos Island Agbero? Festac? Onitsha agbero?
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by spikedcylinder: 11:01am On Jan 09, 2006
hey lastdon,no need to get all pent up.i didnt like your snorty remark and i made one just as snorty!truce? smiley
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by gospelman(m): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2006
Obong,
It seems to me that you have the intention to start a business in Nigeria.
Well, we can talk about that.
But I must advice that before you let go of your money or whatever,get to know the person you are dealing with,even if it is me.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by princeonx: 2:07am On Feb 15, 2006
First of all guys I didn't read everything said here cux I personally know you can't do alot with 4,000.00 naira! regardless the advise you get here! secondly its not even clear who is seeking this advise! don't matter anyway!

To be honest with you guys I don't really think 4k naira ($27.59) will start anykind of business in Nigeria. If you decide to find a store, that's not even enough for agent fee infact by the time you go into the come today, come tomorrow promises the whole money will go on transportation. My advise is to work for someone instead or a company where all you need is human labour/power! you work for them, they pay you! I'm sure we have some job you can do without experience or degree!
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by princeonx: 2:14am On Feb 15, 2006
Harizone: not to change the topic but $16,000 is no where close to N9m naira! don't know what exchange rate you're using but $16K is about N2.3m naira (N145 to $1) N9m is about $62K
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by moneyideas: 4:02pm On Feb 21, 2006
You can join tianshi group of companies with there headquarters based in china. How do you join? you can join with$20 that is 2700 naira that make you an international distributor. The remaining 1300 you can use it to purchase chinese tea and sell it thereafter you come and buy more then start introducing the business to people so as to earn more.if you are very serious you can make 1.5 million in 5 months.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Emmson(m): 8:12pm On Feb 28, 2006
Are u still interestd in a job or u found one?
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by holyghost(m): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2006
well let him eat it now while he can because na hunry man business that money go start and na mouth go finish am in two weeks
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Omega2(m): 12:05am On Mar 01, 2006
I am very sure by now, if the boy hasn't started anything would have even spent the 4k, so forget it, my own advise is that you stand up, go to your parents like the guty in the bible and ask them to help you out in life, or go get yourself more computer skills u might one day own and run a site like seun (nairaland). skills are the only thing you can easily trade for money this age.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Emmson(m): 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2006
It doesn't really matter much if he's spent the other 4k. He can start for even much less amount of money. One problem however with many Nigerians-we are somewhat often too skeptical about things. I wish I could contact the guy himself.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by raldsfield(m): 1:16am On Mar 10, 2006
Good advice, I don't think you are looking for a life business to start with 4K, if it's to keep body and soul together i have got a few tips for you.

well 4k is not that small to start a business, I have made N15.000 in Nigeria in a day, through a phone call.

Tell me what does google sell, what do CNN, SKYNEW and the rest sell. My point if you have information, convert it to cash.

How did i make N15 K in one day without cash. i was a middle man, A man had the goods didn't have a buyer, that is where i came in.

I made a call, sealed a deal, took in the goods and got paid. I have been a middle man alot of times, when i was in school I had friends that could move goods, i also had friend who will bring goods, i play my middleman role very well, I move the goods in a few days time everyone gets paid.

I love to create cloths, i have made shirts and polo, T-shirt and even got then crested(designer) am not a tailor, but i am creative, i hire talents, I make them create what's on my mind.

As a new session is starting i go shopping for materials, rare ones, take them to my tailor, who makes nice shirt which i market in school, could cost about N700 to get a nice material, and N500 to get it made , but these shirts i sell for a minimum of N2500 depending on the outcome might even go for as high as N3,500. Student like to owe, don't fall into that trap, i did.

Well also try this one, go to the electronic scrap market(Alaba, Westminister, Toyota), buy something, fix it make good money,. it could be a radio, disc man, walkman,DVD, iron, kettle whatever.

One more thing, women buy more than men, if you want to sell quickly, make chics your customer, be friendly to them and you will go along way.

If you want to make money, you have to think in terms of numbers. Volume sales, or Unique sales
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by enolase(m): 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2006
4,000? HMM.

Let me help this guy.

Let him send me the 4,000 and I will increase it for him in three ways.

1) Invest it in a thriving online business that wil surely get him a profit

2) Use it in the stock market.

3) A private way I will share with him only.

He will smile at the end of the day.

If he is ready, he can contact me privately via email.

If he is scared that I will eat his money, then he should open a savings account, and prepare to earn 2% interest on his money! cheesy
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Allwell(m): 10:20am On Mar 15, 2006
let the guy go into handset repairs. He'll make it there!
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by larger20(m): 12:54am On Mar 16, 2006
If u have good internet connection in nigeria and verify that u r not a spammer, u can work at home. They might need u to pay small fee to know that u r serious. that is all it takes. u will be seeling stuff online. The idea is that for whatever u sell, the host company will take their standard price and share the profit with u. They claim a lot of people are doing this which havent verified. Most of the marketters are black markets,

Another good idea is the ebay business. Most people have made their fortune via e-mail. All u need is good internet connection, go to nigerian villages and buy a lot of nigerian things at very cheap rate. Something like african nuts, nigerian can foods and more. Get e-bay account and open paypay account. Just prove that u r not a spammer and u r good to go.

In summary, u get what u put in. that is economic law and no going back.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by ramono(m): 11:55am On Mar 24, 2006
4000 naira will buy 10 MTN 400 Naira vouchers from a NIPOST Post Office. These vouchers go for 450 naira each, so you make 50 naira per voucher sold and 500 naira for selling all the vouchers.

My comment: go to a Post Office with the 4000 naira at 7am and buy the vouchers. Try and sell them all and return to the Post Office within working hours to buy another set.

I wish you the best of luck.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by silky(m): 2:50am On Apr 04, 2006
Don't mean to sound negative, but its been almost 10 months now since suggestions have been flying in.  If this guy hasn't already spent this money keeping himself alive then he'd be bald having pulled out all his hair through frustration.

Having said that, if on the off-chance he has managed to keep this money safe then he will have to compile a list of all the proposals made above and then see which one he will like to do and go for it.

AND I WISH HIM GOODLUCK!!
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by larger20(m): 4:52am On Apr 05, 2006
good point ,
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by ajayi1(m): 4:58am On May 11, 2006
haaaaaaaa you guys surpose pitty the guy. He need to start selling pure water.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by gift505(m): 12:38pm On May 29, 2006
u are a man of passionate driven ,the buisness u can used 4000 naira for it rare but i will susgested that u can ,if u have phone, u can start doing phone call buisness ,never try to increase that by playing lotto .loto is probability u can win and may lose but with u have with u .u don t gambly
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by omogenaija(f): 3:17am On Jun 18, 2006
4,000 naira LMAO

its hard to start a business with 4000 dollars talkless of naira.

if u have faith , just ask God and he will lead u on the right path.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by pallyo: 6:36am On Jun 24, 2006
Hi,
N4,000 looks impossible, but it can do something big and great for your life if only you plan well. Take a look at this site www.ibomonline.com, it is a new business, marketing and socials website from Africa, they are test running now, and also opening for business. You can start business with them as their agent in your area with less than the N4,000 and pay yourself with commission. I have join them, and hope you too can benefit. Send a mail now to info@ibomonline.com and enquire, you will be properly adviced. All the best.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by netzymes(m): 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2006
Look for another job locally to either raise money or build a career. Visit the fast food restaurants and ask the managers what you can do, hotels always looking for temp staff while in that job plan properly. Running a business is not for everyone and most of them fail.

My advise ---> Get a Job in a shop, restaurant or office - if they could make use of your IT skills as well then better. Research a business/industry properly before making any moves.

Regards
Tim
http://www.darwin.com.ng
http://www.ip4properties.com
http://www.ip4hotels.com
http://www.puerfoto.com
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by danielorde(m): 12:28am On Jun 30, 2006
In support of Leke, really it is nont the money that counts it is the ideas running thru your head. I worked as a freelance Network Administrator for a while before focusing on my exams. And really, I started with no money. I'll be finishing my exams in a few weeks, I will definitely go back.

It is not the cash, it is the ideas and the skills to implement them. Infact I dare say you dont need skills, find who will pay for what you have in mind and find someone who will do the job. Take you share of the profit. Pay off whoever does the job and everyone will be happy.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by chirawe(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2006
this is my first time in the room and I know about satrting biz with as little as that, simply register with 22usd club and do some network, watch ur 4000 naiara grow into millions. it is simple but u need to work as all biz demand work. little time for working and not all day. i am a student too and i made good money from the club, any further q send to my email
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by DeepSoul(f): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2006
Firstly, the tutorial idea is excellent. The only start-up capital u might need is money to buy chalk smiley.
If the books required cannot be found on the library, what then do you have the internet for!? There are lots of stuff u can read up for free! (I'm assuming you have easy access to the internet with u being able to logon to nairaland).

With five thousand naira (all u need is an extra 1k), U can register for a seminar (saw d ad recntly) which teaches u how to make money online. B4 u start rolling ur eyes, there's a promise of a refund + extra 2k if u dont make that amount and more within a given period of time. For more info, checkout www.realcashcentre.com

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by olukab1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2006
I think you should consider soft drinks biz.Just two creates and a cooler should start it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched / How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today / 16 moments those depositing money in the bank can Relate To. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.